Why is American Dad better than family guy?

Why is American Dad better than family guy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qU8YUckYb_0
youtube.com/watch?v=s1X2b0kq9EE&feature=share
youtube.com/watch?v=rhI904iejqQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it has a story and fleshed out characters

New episodes in October.

>why is it funnier?
better characters.

Roger is pretty much the only reason.

His counterpart in Family Guy is Brian and Brian is just an unfunny liberal douche now.

Ricky Spanish

wow. okay thats totally wrong. rogers counterpart is stewie.

and roger and steve are equally funny. they both make the show.

The Golden Turd tangent is the only reason I watch it

Kek

You fuckin idiot

youtube.com/watch?v=qU8YUckYb_0

Because Seth is more involved with it and doesn't really work on Family Guy besides voice work

Family Guy set the bar so low most mediocre animated comedies are better than it.

More character-based and the jokes aren't all cut-away gags with no connection to the plot.

What story? I agree that it's better but come on it has no story

American Dad always felt like an enjoyable parody while Family Guy was a documentary of the american life

youtube.com/watch?v=s1X2b0kq9EE&feature=share

>family guy

non-sequiturs, pop culture references, non-stop punchlines, self-referential throwbacks, cutaway gags to transition between scenes, constant flanderization and exaggeration of character attributes to get more laughs

>american dad

familial relationships, larger than life characters still somewhat grounded in reality, episode length plots, observational plots with relateable, human resolutions

american dad is better because i dont give a shiiiiiiiiiiit

Because all the writers are from Futurama

they took all the good writers, that's why Family Guy turned to complete shit almost directly after it started

futurama is shit tier of this genre along with brickleberry and the cleveland show

>futurama is shit

A SIGHT FOR SORE EYES

futurama>family guy=american dad>whatever else

Have any of you actually watched family guy in these past couple years? I swear it's gotten a lot better since about season 12, it has less of a reliance on cutaways, pop culture references, and timewaster gags. I think Seth has become more involved, and it's really coming back into its own, commercially and artistically speaking.

Good adult cartoons would be
>American Dad
>Futurama
>The Boondocks
>South Park
>King of the Hill
>Rick and Morty
And tentatively Bob's Burgers. It can be humorous occasionally, but literally every character on that show has autism.

why are you spamming this?

Roger all day long..

the bar is set really low

More consistent, which really isn't FG's fault. First three seasons were quite good, but after it was resurrected it was irredeemable trash. We'll never know how season 4 would've been if the show wasn't cancelled.

AD started off pretty good, quickly became great, and managed to stay remarkably consistent for years. It's been on the decline for a while now, but there are a ton of great episodes to watch.
They just have a good style to them, a good sense of humor.

Roger. If makes sense because hes an alien so he has no grip to reality when he does crazy stuff. Watching Peter trying to do crazy stuff is like Dilbert trying to be Roger.

Actually, one of the most enjoyable things about AD is how inconsistent the characters are.
At first glance, you'd think each one would stick to their stereotypical role, but from episode to episode nearly everything about them, and their relationships to one another, are in flux.
It keeps the show remarkably fresh and funny. You come to enjoy certain dynamics between the characters, but the next episode they might have an entirely new dynamic to enjoy.

they're both awful.

because you have shit taste

S1-4 Family Guy lite

S5--- chaotic bizare cartoon where obama pardons stan for poopibg in the pool

Family guy in a nutshell

Shitty story, One of the family remembers something or says "Just like that time I ____", Queue a semi-funny joke about something, Continue story. Rinse and repeat.

literally the opposite

>interesting, funny plots
>good likable, characters
>half the episode isn't cutaway gags

simply that

I agree. It's like they write a joke and put pictures of each character on a wall and throw a dart and whoever it lands on gets the joke

It's like watching a play with the same characters but a different play each time. It's great. I feel like there's even am episode where they make fun of that, the one with Patrick Stewart narrates it

Remember when is the lowest form of conversation.

TO THE BLIND

American Dad ended up being what Family Guy originally was: a parody of '70s, '80s, and '90s sitcoms.

because o dat franny fanny

It isn't shit, it's just a different kind of humor. The Simpsons is Irish, Futurama is Jewish.

>Not Archer
U wot m8?

>Why is American Dad better than family guy?

Because of francines tna

>Dem songs
I'd buy the album at this point.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhI904iejqQ

Bojack Horseman is also really good, though the first few episodes are weak.

Boondocks and King of the Hill aren't good. They're just Beavis and Butthead phenomenas that people hype for specific moments and meme .gifs. They don't have the characters to sustain an entire arc.

Everything else is solid and watchable though.

Lois > Francine

someone has no idea what actual autism is

Laughing out loud.

it's not

>First three seasons were quite good
This meme needs to die; the first three seasons of Family Guy are a different kind of shit.

you need to seriously consider suicide

Here's your (you)

Family Guy is absolute trash and American Dad has ALWAYS been one step beneath it just above The Cleveland Show

>my opinion sucks

KYS faggot

grait bait mait

>thinking American Dad is in any way good

This teebeeH

Wtf I hate trips now

i was just about to post this word for word. family guy was never good.

Post thicc crossdressing Roger already.