Starship Troopers

What do you think about Starship Troopers?

Do you think it deserved its poor critical reception?
Do you prefer the cynical, satirical perspective of the film, or the ideologically pure utopia presented in the original book?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w_urWSSZgwU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's amazing

Whatever did happen to Carmen after the end of the movie? Did she ever become anything besides some random ship captain?

I mean Rico is literally invincible to the point all the bugs know him specifically.

A fucking great movie, both in terms of action and the biting satire. One of those films that I never get bored of and watch whenever I see it on TV.

I love this movie! They need to make more movies like this! full of actions, jokes and more fawking action!

her tits got in the way of the controls on her new ship and she crashed it into klandathu

RICO WINS AGAIN

It's a great movie that tried so hard to be satirical, that it became a meta-joke about the left satirizing the military and fascism.

Best part is, it wasn't intentional either.

THE MOVIE WAS NEVER SATIRICAL

the movie was always meta propaganda

The satire was completely intentional

the director said that he hated the original book and thought it was "wicked", and the screenwriter was the same guy who wrote most of Robocop

plus the director said the opening scene was recreated shot for shot from a Nazi propaganda film called "Triumph Of The Will". The satire is blindingly obvious, it is not possible for it to be accidental.

1-800-CALL-AGER

>The satire was completely intentional

That's what I said.

It becoming a parody of itself wasn't intentional.

>wanting Carmen over Dizzy

Why was Rico such a fucking cuck?

>stuck up bitch who rarely puts out

>hot chick he showers with daily who actively wants to suck his dick

>he chooses the stuck up bitch

T'is a mystery, desu

Because she didn't want him.

>Why was Rico such a fucking cuck?

>It becoming a parody of itself wasn't intentional.
Sounds to me like you're projecting your politics onto this film. Why would you do such a narcissistic thing?

>tripfag
Ah. Right.

Starship Troopers is proof that 90% of critics are bullshit. I don't expect the average joe to get the joke. I had to have it pointed out to me to fully get what the movie was doing. But you'd think "professional" critics would be a little better at deep analysis and catch on to the ruse. Nope. They're as clueless as anyone.

Across the federation, federation experts agree that:
A: God exists,
B: He's on our side,
C: He wants us to win.

Sounds to me like you're projecting your own opinions about what others think based on superficial aspects. Why would you do such a narcissistic thing?

>hurr he's a tripfag

Ah, right. (can't even use proper punctuation,, lol)

>people still think the books aren't satire too
For fucks sake, no wonder there's so many capekino threads

>Sounds to me like you're projecting your own opinions about what others think based on superficial aspects. Why would you do such a narcissistic thing?
Thats what you did to start this, you autist

Lol, is that why there's another user who posted right below me also agreeing that the movie was meta propaganda? Lol, neck yourself you dumb faggot.

best scifi

im not him but i just want you to know i think you should kill yourself

>people still think the books aren't satire too

>the books

Get a load of this cuck, there's only one book, try to lib-fag harder.

Another self-absorbed retard who's gonna vote for the first time come November agrees with you. Don't let me get in the way of your celebration.

I know you're not him, because he's not a retarded faggot such as yourself.

Again, neck yourself.

>I think you should-

Stopped reading right there, I don't care what pathetic cunts like you think, because your thoughts are meaningless. Neck yourself.

>Hillary supporters

I'm 22 and voting for the first time in 2020 what are you gonna do about it

->it's a tripfag takes over a thread and injects it with his shallowness episode

The acting "talents" of the like of Casper Van Diem and Denise Richards somewhat obscured the satire and message. Since the acting was quite poor and the tone was so far off from the book, people assumed it was just bad and not intentional.

I like the film as a high school edgelord since it had boobs and bombs, but as I got older I enjoyed the book more.

it is official: God is back and he is citizen too

>MAGA hat made in China

It definitely deserved its' poor reception. It was an action movie, but it didn't have enough comedy/satire to get it classified as a comedy or parody, but it was so over the top, you can't take it seriously. I would've preferred the director to fully turn it into satire, or just scrap the original story, except bare bones elements, and create a good action movie.

>What do you think about Starship Troopers?

It was awesome both because of its sincerity and satire. It is the only movie I've seen two times in the theater.

>Do you think it deserved its poor critical reception?

They got fucking owned by this film because they didn't realize it was pure kino satire.

How did Casper Van Diem not have a bigger career after this?

reminder the clown cannot honk his nose if you disable his hand

the titties and sex sequence in this movie still give me thick raging boners.

>a-another person said similar so that means I didn't do it to begin with

Dizzy was fucking hot.

I love this movie so much it actually got me to read the book.

Its a great movie, absolutely love it

>make a thread to talk about a cool film I just watched
>a tripcode user ruins it with combative narcissm

I think I understand why some people hate tripfags now.

>reasoning with tripfags
To what end? Even if they are the one-in-a-million kind of tripfag that's actually non-retarded enough to understand what you're saying you still responded to a tripfag.

>hurr its all satire

no

Put your handle back on

"Never pass up a good thing" Michael Ironside. Nuff said.

DAILY REMINDER THAT THE CGI CARTOON WAS BETTER

Del Toro confirmed for hack.

I like the style of government it portrays.
Obviously they made it cartoonish in the film, but the idea of having to qualify to vote is pretty interesting.

Everyone is equal under the law, but only citizens can vote or hold political office.
Citizens are those who have shown they are willing to put the welfare of the society above their own personal welfare.

I was having a conversation with workmates at lunch the other day and they were completely unapologetic about the fact they vote for whoever serves their personal interests best, usually in the form of who promises more handouts.

That kind of attitude is a cancer that will kill your civilisation.

youtube.com/watch?v=w_urWSSZgwU

Who cares what you think, namefag. SST is amazing and we should really have more movies like it and the original Robocop.

>I don't care what you think
>But I'm going to be a tripfag because I want you all to know what I think

Aww, how fedorable.

>C'mon you apes, you want to live forever?

You now realize that this means that troopers fighting in this war would be immortalized forever in Federation legend, rather than merely being meaningless sacrifices.

It feels like a somehow complete movie. It has the prewar group of friends which is shattered by Buenas Aires, they all spread out based on their skills and talents (or lack there of). They head to boot camp or basic training. Then they drift back together over the course of war.

It is comfy as fuck. I feel like a lot of "better" movies lack the basic overall story that starship troopers lays out. I would love to see a foundation and empire movie made the same way.

You. I like you.

>ideologically pure utopia presented in the original book
Why do people pretend to to have read things they clearly haven't? The book presented neither a "utopia" nor an ideologically pure world.

KEK.

Rico God-tier

But the bad acting is what made it a genuine satire. He couldn't have gotten good actors or it would have seemed like he was taking it too seriously.

Is this thread still going? I'm streaming the movie now if anyone's interested. You just have to deal with cytube's extension/script bullshit:

cytu DOT be/r/outpost31

Says the shithead who can't use proper punctuation.

Did it have nudity and the perfect waifu? No?

>Mobile Infantry made me the man I am today

stfu you idiot jesus christ kys

>20 years later
>Dina Meyer is still hot

I enjoyed it, but I prefer the book. Verhoeven could just as easily have done an original story to explore those same themes.

Diz confirmed best girl

Sad to say but tripfag has a point. The book was so hardcore that trying to satirize it backfired.

Also,

>not reading the book

Dizzy was dead, douchbag was dead, I like to think Rico went back to plowing Carmen