Be a loser who is in some low budget comedy things

>Be a loser who is in some low budget comedy things
>Only a few years later be starring in and writing some of the biggest blockbusters on earth

How the fuck does this happen

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IXj9muy2gM4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Be personable, network, play the game, get good representation.

Big Trains rules.

>low budget
Shaun of the Dead had a budget of $6 million and Hot Fuzz had a budget of $12 million.

He made some good connections.

You must be dirtpoor to consider that high budget

Lens flare

These were British films, not American films. It's pretty rare for a British film to have a budget of over $20 million. The only exceptions that immediately come to mind are James Bond and Harry Potter.

That's very low budget for a movie.

Also I was talking about his zero budget TV shows

Have talent and the work ethic to make it happen for yourself. Most people don't have the first, and those that do don't put in the necessary effort.

I haven't seen Spaced but people seemed to like it.

And Sean of the Dead was a sleeper hit.

Spaced was just that good.

12 million is a large budget for a British film.
America churns out 100+ million dollar films every year but aren't half as good desu.

Played the hollywood game son,

probably did all the drugs,

suck all the dick,

and fucked all the kids.

Its what you gotta do now to make it big.

>now
Sir Jimmy would like a word with you

When someone says "low budget" I think of slashers, found footage and indie films. The Cornetto trilogy films weren't blockbusters but they weren't low budget either.

They probably had a lower budget that most of the "cheap" movies you're thinking of.

Spaced is a pretty decent show. And it ended before they did something retarded to the characters.

>Only a few years later be ...writing some of the biggest blockbusters on earth
Also Simon Pegg has been in the industry for over two decades.

Hes a major asshole. Tells Star Trek fans to go fuck themselves for not liking the new movies.

He acts like a child when there are people who don't like what he likes.

>Rants about how "nerd culture" is some capitalist conspiracy to dumb down the world
>Writes a Star Trek movie with a motorcycle and a bad guy who wants revenge and is defeated by a Beastie Boys song
>The movie bombs

Spaced is one of the best sitcoms of all time though

>>Be a loser who is on some low budget asian imageboard ripoff
>>A few years later still hang out there calling other people losers for starring in TV shows

Harry Potter as a film is American.

I think "nerd culture" is a conspiracy, personally. Make the misfits neurotic enough about "fitting in" with fellow "misfits", buy a shitload of Pop! Figures, and don't read up on history or classic literature while you're at it.

Underrated post.

He made the right friend, basically. Edgar Wright would've done just fine without Simon Pegg, but probably not vice versa.

Neggy balls

spaced didn't though

spaced was better than the cornetto trilogy

By not being completely hamfisted when making pop cultural references in original media.

Seriously, the Spaced DVDs even had a bonus subtitle feature where they told you whenever they were making a reference to something. Also, it was pretty much the only thing between 1995-2010 that portrayed video games accurately, and I think that little nugget of authenticity helped Pegg's career more than anyone realises.

youtube.com/watch?v=IXj9muy2gM4

I loved him thanks to Spaced and followed his career
It was damn nice to see someone like him get to do what he did and have fun and be a success in fucking America. Like, I was proud for him and it gave me hope

But then nuTrek happened.
Seeing that and what its made of him, and how the whole 'nerd culture' has changed is fucking depressing.
We cant all win in the end