Why do horror movies age like milk?

Why do horror movies age like milk?

Because most of them are lazy and focus on nothing but special effects, which age like milk.

Why did you post one that didn't?

Not enough goats and puritan cuties. Timeless.

Not mention they're typically low budget

The effects, mostly. Dawn of the Dead looks like fourth grade home movie dogshit today.

Because shallow movies have nothing to go on but the shock value. Since nothing ages worse than that it's no surprise that virtually every horror movie is shit

Milk eventually turns into Cheese so they'll be good again at one point

>Pic unrelated

That shit is still as effective today as it was in 1974.

(you)

Yes, it sucks. The acting is awful, the dialogues are cringeworthy and the effects are dated. The 2003 remake is leagues and it was quite bad.

They don't, you just have a form of autism that doesn't allow you to view a film within the context of its creation.

Eventually even the most badly aged movie will become interesting to watch as a historical, potentially educational artifact. Pic related, had more of a blast watching this just now than any other movie this week.

Thanks for confirming you're a tasteless plebeian who shouldn't be taken seriously. The remake is generic shit that doesn't even come close to topping the original. The original doesn't have the best acting but it does have an atmosphere that's very unique and unsettling. Plus the original broke new ground and parts of it feel cliche because everyone has ripped it off whereas the remake is pure cliche.

I like to compare horror movies to a knife.

Yeah, after a bit of age, it keeps on getting duller, and duller. But eventually, it starts turning into rust, and it puts on this sort of tint that is only natural in the aging process.

Somehow the low quality film of the past makes it itself a horror aspect of it

Pretty much this. Rather than thinking of old horror movies as aged milk, it's useful to think of them as goofy little windows into history

Mmm there's really only two horror movies that stand up over time:

Alien and The Thing.

And you just confirmed what and said.
>broke new ground
Fuck off, it's just an interesting concept with awful execution.

Why did you pick a fantastic movie that's aged incredibly well for the picture?

Just watched this again like a month ago and thought it was still fantastic, especially towards the end

Texas Chainsaw Massacre had excellent execution.

The dialogue is good
The cinematography is good
The atmosphere is great

It's literally a great movie

made me think

this desu, best indie film the US ever produced

Because every good horror movie that changed the genre gets plagiarized for a decade until the next good horror movie emerges. The reason those few horror masterpieces aged like milk is because you've seen 30 rip offs of their individual styles and visions since their release and now the originals are nothing but bland.

You picked the worst example OP that movie is timeless

TCM still spooks the fuck out of me desu
It's got pretty much the only jump scare I've ever liked when he surprises wheelchair dudes and cuts him up
Scares the shit out of me every single time

And the dinner scene is probably the best horror scene that exists as far as I'm concerned

>And the dinner scene is probably the best horror scene that exists as far as I'm concerned

My nigga, that scene was legitimately disturbing.

this shit is pretty funny

This thread is filled with retards, holy shit

>le worst genre
>lelelelele

That scene is legendary
Really disturbing

Also as a vegetarian (and this being probably one of the best pro-vegetarian movies) the portrayal of someone doing something shitty, knowing he's doing something shitty, and continuing anyways is amazing

Just watched Halloween for the first time last night.

I was surprised how much I liked it.

Yeah. Everyone know comedies are the worst. Especially romcoms.

Even the van scene was unnerving as fuck. TCM is probably my favorite horror movie, everything about it just oozes dread.

Humor usually remains funny unless it was terrible to begin with.

>Somehow the low quality film of the past makes it itself a horror aspect of it
Nosferatu.
Uncanny valley as fuck to the point where it actually becomes creepy.

Humor is too subjective and very specific to each person.
A film can be the most hilarious thing he ever witnessed to one person, and the unfunniest piece of trash to the next. This could be applied to most movied, but it's especially bad with comedies.

Halloween is up there with TCM, for sure the two best slashers.

Evil Dead 2
and
Army of Darkness

are still very watchable

Because our tolerance for rape, gore, violence and shock horror is hardened every year.

The only Horrors that can work now and not age like fucking milk are Sci-Fi and Supernatural, especially when blended together like in Event Horizon.

Are you illiterate? My main defense of TTCM is it has an atmosphere that to this day is very unique and unsettling.

You must be watching some pretty impressive fourth grade home movies. Dawn of the Dead's zombie makeup is very minimalist compared to modern zombie makeup but it isn't terrible and some Dawn of the Dead's gore effects haven't aged too badly. Plus it's still a fantastic film because the characters and writing perfectly hold up.

You doing one of your memes champ?