Why is every horror movie character retarded?

Why is every horror movie character retarded?

They want the audience to be able to relate to it.

it's usually the genre of horror that's about gore and violence moreso than real terror

see: À l'intérieur. everyone is retarded for the simple fact that the movie exists as an engine for killings its characters in gruesome ways.

even the dumbest of dumbfucks are smarter than the retards in most horror movies

>don't kill the killer while he's literally knocked out on the floor and there are guns and blades everywhere
>push the truck you stole off a cliff

They aren't retarded. They're just Australian.

Inside is the best horror movie in existence.

sure, if you're stupid

>they don't wonder why some radmom guy shows up and finds them in the middle of nowhere after there car breaks down
and i was told this was a 10/10

because it makes the characters relatable to the target demographic.

The Witch is the only horror Kino

British

They're not that stupid in Inside

so that a movie can happen

this. if the characters had half a brain there and acted like normal people there wouldn't be any drama or scary scenes.

It could still happen the killer would just have to try harder

that's fucking stupid horror could have intelligent characters it's just that morons are to stupid to make a horror with them

Mick Taylor did nothing wrong
most in wolf creek 2 deserved it

fuck those pigs

Because half the fun is yelling at the stupid characters telling them not to do what they're about to do.

>Because half the fun is yelling at the stupid characters telling them not to do what they're about to do.
no that's stupid

>that dumb bitch who thought it would be wise to go back and ended up getting her fingers chopped off and spine severed

She fucking deserved.

>hmm
>we're being hunted by a completely inhuman threat who's just about infinitely strong, but travels at walking speed

exterior: airport
interior: airport
>one flight to tahiti please
Stock footage of plane taking off

No that's stupid you autist
and plenty of horror movies have normal human characters

why the hell didn't she slit his throat with his knife when she knocked him out?

Name 7.

Okay, wolf creek.
>hey, how about we don't trust this insanely creepy old guy who just happened to turn up as our cars were unable to start?

Not to mention what actually happened is the guy raped and murdered the two girls and hid the bodies in the outback then made up some bullshit about a serial killer.

cuz that would've been like wrong and stuff!

>all of the texas chainsaw massacrare movies
>>wolf creek
>chucky is normal just with a doll body

Watching Wolf Creek 2 now
the cops deserved it

>german guy get's stabbed in the back by pycho
>his gf runs right and him and the pycho and just screams

speak english you fucking faggot

It is english go hang yourself you trip using queer

>her bf get's back up and starts fighting pycho
>she just screams instead of picking up the pychos knife and helping her bf

>the thread is dieing
Cred Forums is the worst board

>she just watches as her bf get's his throat slit
>doesn't try to help or even run away
are people that stupid in real life?

>she escapes into the night and gets a head start before he notices
>she doesn't just hide instead she runs right into the middle of the road right in front of him

imagine if we had this sorta attitude towards genres like drama

all we'd have is soaps.

Uh, we do. Terms like plot convenience and contrivance are thrown around pretty often when a drama (which only horrorfags are stupid enough to think is a genre) fails to come off as genuine or organic.

Whereas the horror genre is literally built around contrivance and plot convenience.

>mfw pycho

So I just watched The Wicker Man.

I remember there being a pretty mainstream remake staring Nicholas Cage, so I was hoping someone here could tell me;

What the absolute fuck is that movie? I can't imagine they actually did a straight remake for modern, mainstream audiences.

should i watch wolf creek?

Wolf Creek is based on 2 killers.

The one who killed 2 people (Bradley Murdoch) and another (Ivan Milat) in the 90's that murdered at least 7 backpackers. It's believed there are at least 5 more that he may have been involved in.

Cage, then the rest of the cast and crew kinda recognized it was utterly ridiculous in every way, shape, and form, so cage goes max-ham.

One notable scene is where cage, disguised as a giant teddy bear, punches an old cultist and steals her bike.

>you will never live in ausfailia and be able to rape and murder a few qts and claim you survived a brush with a serial killer

>>>mfw people care about a spelling mistake on a anonymous image board

yes it's pretty entertaining desu

>a beat up f100 is can easly catch and pass a new jeep wrangler

Wolf Creek 2 is better than the first

>jeep guy escapes but girl get's killed and he just leaves the body in the dersert
>he keeps trying to flag people down on road even though the killer is still around
>he doesn't call for help even though he has a phone

>autistic kangaroos run across the road and get splattered
>jeep guy flees in a straight lain from a semi truck instead of going offroad where he could get away from the semi truck easily

what went wrong

how many times are you gonna keep replying to yourself?

Until i get bored

i'm taking note of every dumb thing that happens in the movie

How many times are you going to prove the old adage that all trip-posters are cunts?

You don't even know what sage means or does do you?

>all one person
lol

Wrong you dumb faggot

>killer knows exactly where the jeep guy is after he let him get away
>kills the old people that helped jeep guy
>jeep guy doesn't pick up shotgun even though he easily could have and blown the killers head off
>jeep guy runs away instead of taking the truck or picking up a gun
what the hell?

I saw Wolf Creek recently and was thoroughly disturbed by the end of the movie. I guess, I'm a pussy. It was just to bleak, and 'evil' - I guess.

Because its cooler when you kill off the protagonist out of no where

I just remember thinking "dude you're full of shit" when he breaks free of being tied to the shittiest cross in existence with fishing line.

That negro clearly just murdered the two girls himself then dumped the bodies somplace random then manufactured the whole story.

The Shining
The Exorcist
Rosemary's Baby
Suspiria
The Thing
Halloween
Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Psycho

The characters in all of those are fucking retarded
besides the thing and i don't know about Psycho

>the horse let's some guy that just killed it's owner ride it
>the killer somehow has a lasso and is a expert with it

>they can't hulk out of plastic ties

>i hate that fuckin song

>antagonist is a malevolent supernatural entity
>don't phone the local catholic church for help

>implying most of the churches actual believe in the supernatural

>Event Horizon
>Fishbourne's character sees the video of the crew doing fucked up shit
>"Alright, we are leaving"
Hell, he even wanted to blow the ship up since he knows something fucked up happened. Im fact, none of the characters act retarded.

Mick is a fucking cunt

rosemary is a fucking idiot

T b h they acted pretty retarded, too. I'm pretty sure if I saw another Antarctic researcher hunting his dog with a helicopter, I'd shoot the dog before I shoot the guy solely for the fact that nobody hunts his dog with a helicopter without a cause, and even if he did it would only be one dog gone for all I know, not a huge loss.

Yeah but that's the smartest they get in horror movies

SOP in the RCC is to hand the info up the line to the local Bishop who orders a priest to investigate perform a blessing or in serious cases contacts the Vatican for permission to authorize an exorcism by a specially trained priest.

Yeah why the fuck would they not assume that the dog was infected with something or something like that?
that was the stupidest part

Can we post characters that were actually smart (or at least weren't total fucking morons) too?

>characters aren't retarded enough
>movie makes characters retarded with psychoactive substance

>talking shit about Jacobs Ladder

>mick taylor is a faggot

>killer get's hit right in the four head with a hammer so hard it leaves a imprint
>it doesn't even knock him out for a few minutes

>jeep guy couldn't just take the cops to the killers lairs or whatever and proof it

someone should screenshot all of these

they were just standing around dumbfounded until the guy shot one of them directly

how are we supposed to believe he found out about the use of psycho substances on soldiers when he was lying on the bench dying in the jungle the whole time?

was it just something told by the angels/demons to get him to 'let go' ?

>spot guy hunting dog in helicopter
>he tries to kill the thing with fucking grenades
>he shouts unintelligibly at you in huge distress
>shoot him when his bullets hit your own men
>EH THE DOG CAN'T POSSIBLY BE HARMFUL LET'S LET HIM RUN AROUND FREE JUST LOOK AT HIS CUTE FACE

only the killer was Australian

and in the second and superior movie the characters where german and british

The British guy in Wolf Creek 2 was based as fuck.

Yeah he was actually pretty cool

He should have killed mick with the shotgun while mick was busy killing the old woman he had time and micks back was turned