I liked this movie

Me too.

it's one of my favourite films

good but pretentious

thought ed norton was awesome as usual

So did I. And if you go anywhere but Cred Forums most will agree.

But contrarians gonna contradict

turned this pretentious bullshit off after five fucking minutes, wtf

i dont know, whenever someone does something a little weird its automatically pretentious to people. I thought it was interesting

drums were good

The Raymond Carver story that the play is based on is really good, would recommend

what critic influenced you to call this pretentious? do you have any original thoughts of your own?

Lot of people say the cinematography was pretentious.

Seriously? It's such a shallow criticism to make, it's a neat little thing, it doesn't have any major deep symbolism and it doesn't try to have it either.

i couldn't stand it, bored me to tears

I loved it.

Kill yourself.

I definitely agree that it was pretentious but I can't really put into words why. Still an enjoyable watch.

what did you guys like about it? what part of it was engaging or interesting to you?

Pleb retards.

It was good but the whole scene with "IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT? HERE'S YOUR CAPESHIT. YOU PIECE OF SHIT" felt so dumb and silly.

Yeah, I get it Alejandro. You don't like Superhero movies. It was already apparent, but you really had to make sure people got the message didn't you?

I think the jazzy drums gave it an air of pretentiousness even if I did enjoy the soundtrack.

did he fly at the end or just kill himself

die in a fire

this movie is puure shit

how the fuck

what kind of person has this as one of their favorite movies

>tfw keaton didn't win but le pretentious beaner man did

the scene where keaton and norton first go over the script is what drew me in. YESS YESS the kind of love im talking about it is absolute! the kind o love im talking about......... you dont try to kill people

The cinematography and the very lowkey soundtrack (consisting primarily of drums) added this very interesting and unique vibe to it that just pulled me into the story in a way that I had never felt before.

I liked the characters and most of the film takes place in one building so as you follow the characters/camera around you start to familiarize yourself with the building as the story goes on, which I thought was really cool.

The core aspect that I enjoyed was Riggan's struggle as a human being to try and stay relevant as a washed up actor, it was the one thing he wanted to do and if it didn't work out he had nothing to live for.

It had an amount of depth that felt just right, it wasn't trying too hard since it was easy to see what it was going for.

Riggan was absorbed in this typical attempt at trying to stay relevant, he wanted to be known for something before he died and a legacy is something almost every human wants so it's easy to relate to, but at the same time as he's doing this it feels like the movie is also showing how silly Riggan is for being so passionate about trying to stay relevant.

It makes me question if I should respect Riggan for being so passionate or feel sorry for him for being so misguided.

The one main thing I disliked about it was the open ending, I always felt those are a bit of a cop out in any film, but I liked so much about the film otherwise that I don't let it bother me too much.

this is the exact reason why the academy is worthless

same shit when they gave the worst lotr film best picture, all best pictures this millenium have been garbage

You have terrible taste

thanks for your gay ass input nobody cares about heh

>The cinematography and the very lowkey soundtrack (consisting primarily of drums) added this very interesting and unique vibe to it that just pulled me into the story in a way that I had never felt before.
Lel grow up and watch more films, that was especially annoying

Good taste

the kind of people who tell you you're a pleb XD

No Country for Old Men

I typically don't watch too artsy films since I don't watch movies in general that often so I guess that's why it could've appealed to me more than you.

I see where you're coming from though, there are probably several other films that have tried something similar and done it better.

TWBB was better

I knew I was forgetting one or two but I also hate the coens sue me

I don't think he's a pleb

zodiac was better than both

Michael Keaton is so fucking ugly, and his ugliness hindered this film. It's still great though

>Lel grow up and watch more films, that was especially annoying
the fact that this movie did so well with critics and audiences worldwide and yet you have commentaries like this should be enough prove that you're just talking from your narrow minded point of view. you should not confuse persona opinion with objective judgment.
you simply didn't like it. other people did. fuck you.

only it wasn't

i cringed

fucking kill yourself

man this zodiac shit is the worst meme

Lmao
even that user I responded to agreed with me
please try to garner some taste
>critics
>academy
>personal opinion that innarritu sucks
sorry but go back to watching birdman capeshit all your favorite oscar bait wank jobs because its designed for you to eat up

me too why not just say it's kino and call it a day

Yeah I figured it might give off a reaction like that, I don't know how else I would formulate it, it's just the way I see the film.

It's pretty hard to do any kind of critical analysis without coming off as pretentious.

Shit that'd be better than giving some 10th grade-tier analysis

That's not a bad thing

Don't see what's so bad about someone talking a bit more in depth as to why they enjoyed something

>I liked this movie

Then you didn't understand it, pleb

Congradulations. I don't mean to offend any of you personally but you who like Birdman are the reason you don't deserve /film/. You retards lack basic vision.

fuck you and your wack ass gif. I liked it

Not the user you're responding to, but I appreciate your humility. Cred Forums needs more people like you.

I think you're lying

what up Spielberg, glad you could make it

Thanks, I think one of the best things about Cred Forums is the anonymity, while it can serve as an issue a lot of the time it can also allow people to express their opinion more freely without fear of being chastised in any serious manner.

I'm really not

>reddit stating what Cred Forums needs

I dunno man I've thought about it real hard and you might actually be telling a fib.

do you not think every board is shit in one way or another

>without fear of being chastised in any serious manner.
>having reasonable discussions
>Cred Forums
too far

What I meant by the 'chastised' bit is how on most forums your opinions can still kind of latch onto the account you've built and from there you'll create bias where some just won't listen to an opinion if it comes from you.

Reddit has the shitty upboating etc.

Reasonable discussion can be pretty rare lmao but I think the potential for it to exist is a lot more prevelant in Cred Forums than other places.

So here's something I've always wondered...it seems like a bunch of the actors and actresses in this move were cast similar to their real world careers or personalities (Keaton washed up looking to make a comeback, Norton as impossible to work with, Naomi Watts making out randomly because she made got famous in Mulholland Drive where she had a big lesbian scene)

So with Emma Stone playing a young girl fresh out of rehab with serious issues...was that role originally written with Lindsay Lohan in mind? Like Lindsay was the inspiration, but when it came time to actually make the movie she was so far fucking gone that's there's no way they could get the studio to agree to hire her?

Just a thought.

Half of that scene was great, birds man tell ing regan b4 would be a billion dollar movie, he's better then everyone else, then when birds man turns directly to the camera it just feels forced as fuck

It's a good flick. Disregard the asspained """patricians""" itt

don't see how liking a film makes you asspained

>its a good flick
my my my my my