Vidyagame Movie News (Spoilers)

>Early screenings from the Assassin's Creed movie have indicated the film is an overindulgent mess. Test audiences specifically report disliking most of it being set in the future rather than in the Inquisition, however the studio is confident that they can fix the film in editing, as the film is being run through a couple of different additional editors.

>Dan Trachtenberg is JJ's top choice candidate to direct the Portal movie, which JJ Abrams is close to getting the green light. He already directed a Portal short, and his 10 Cloverfield Lane was well received.

>Sonic the Hedgehog movie will start production in early 2017, for a 2018 release. It mixes CGI with live action. Early drafts indicate it will be taking inspiration from the entirety of Sonic canon, from the different cartoons to the comics to the games.

>After Heavenly Sword and Ratchet & Clank turned out to be massive turds, Sony are rethinking their 'PlayStation Originals' movie lineup. Sly Cooper is too far along to cancel, but its budget is drastically reduced compared to Ratchet & Clank and it will be direct-to-DVD (or even a streaming exclusive on PS4). Sony are pinning their future film hopes on Uncharted and Last of Us adaptations, neither of which have a script yet which has met Naughty Dog's approval.

>Warcraft 2 is close to getting greenlit, given the film's performance in China. Duncan Jones wants to adapt Tides of Darkness, but if Legendary choose not to proceed with him, they will probably skip straight to Warcraft III/Arthas, as it's the more well known story.

>Angry Birds did well enough to warrant a sequel, Angry Birds in Space is currently the working title for the sequel.

>Kojima's work with Del Toro on Death Stranding has revived his interest in games yet again. Once Pacific Rim 2 is completed, Del Toro is apparently interested in getting a Bioshock adaptation off the ground.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8F7OgOCzph4
youtube.com/watch?v=-PxO9S8Dj48
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>however the studio is confident that they can fix the film in editing

Bad trailer music aside, AC looks like a pretty decent movie. That's perhaps because i have soft spot for historical movie. I think the news about the movie being mostly set up in the future already well known since a couple of months ago. I wish they could drop more promotional material about the movie though.

To add to this:

>Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, despite being beset by production injuries and deaths, was apparently a fun set to work on, and the crew is very positive about the final result. Wouldn't expect anything better than the RE series has produced so far, but if you liked them then this is apparently a good sendoff. After this movie, Capcom want to reboot the movie franchise to be in line with their RE7 reboot in videogames - more horror than action.

>Silent Hill: Revelation may have killed the movie franchise, and Silent Hills may have killed the game franchise, but there may still be life. Reportedly James Wan is interested in acquiring the rights to Silent Hill from Hadida, or potentially working with him, and making a movie along the lines of the PT/Silent Hills demo, which had a massive positive response on YouTube when it came out.

>Detective Pikachu is being imagined as a movie similar to 'The Smurfs' with Pokemon characters coming to our world; this is the only license American film studios were able to purchase from Nintendo, so a proper Pokemon movie is off the table.

>The Myst TV series from Legendary is close to going into full production, as the rights were acquired long ago. It will apparently be a re-telling of Myst & Riven, with elements of the novel 'Book of Atrus' and an expanded cast.

>Tim Burton's people have been making early inquiries with Disney into acquiring the rights to make a stop-motion film adaptation of Grim Fandango. The Corpse Bride was heavily inspired by the game, and it's unknown if Burton wants to direct or just produce the movie.

>The Gears of War movie is getting closer to a final draft of the script, and the studio is beginning to narrow down candidates for the lead roles - they're currently casting very young for the main characters like Marcus, imagining the soldiers as new teenage recruits.

The chances of them making a good Portal movie are below 0

>Silent Hills may have killed the game franchise
What did they mean by this?

Yeah the game was about playing with the physics, this doesn't translate well to film.

The only films that have hope are the Last of Us and Uncharted, although, i'm pining for the hopeful Bioshock to be given justice.

>studio is confident that they can fix the film in editing

Why wouldn't they? It's not like this has ever failed before....

The worst part about Assassin's Creed was the futuristic/modern part of the story. Why couldn't they just have a self-contained story set in the middle ages? What the fuck were they thinking adding this to the movie?

I would love to see a Bioshock movie. Everything else and all those involved can burn in the seven layers of hell. Fuck them.

Problem is, nobody understands the Assassin's Creed concept. It isn't a "historical" series. It has its root in an alternate history, true, but it is focused on looking backward from the present, and taking the information found in the past and applying it to the present.
It's probably Ubisoft's fault for not clarifying this to begin with, but AC isn't what everyone thinks it is.

First post best post

Has this ever worked?

Star Wars.

I just hope JJ keeps making vidya flicks for the rest of his career.

the Warcraft movie was shit, but I loved it.

It's cheesy and it's stupid. Anything on the human side that did not involve Medivh or Khadghar was unbearable. It felt as if it was missing 30 minutes or more and just made me wish there was more orc stuff.

Gul'dan saved this movie for me. He just loved his job.

>Tides of Darkness
why

Because you do all the fun stuff in the past. The present day segments of the games are only used to establish boring story elements.

>Warcraft 2 is likely to skip literally the best part of the series and go straight to the worst part

Awesome. Not like I was hoping for some sweet ship battles or anything.

>they're currently casting very young for the main characters like Marcus, imagining the soldiers as new teenage recruits.

What the fuck? Just get Travolta and put a patch of black tape on his chin

rich piana, this is your moment

I AM A GOD
EVEN THOUGH I'M A MAN OF GOD

No, future plot was added last minute in AC to make it "different" from the other games. It fucked up the overall flow of the game and damaged it, luckly they managed to pull through with the other games sorta.

>Warcraft 2 is close to getting greenlit, given the film's performance in China
THANK YOU BASED CHINKS

>Duncan Jones wants to adapt Tides of Darkness
based Duncan
>Legendary want to skip straight to WC3
JUST FUCK MY WARCRAFT CINEMATIC UNIVERSE UP

>self-contained story set in the middle ages?
because that's not what asscreed fucking is

They should have just gone to 3 with the first movie, not even the people poopsocking WoW since its launch care about anything before that as more than a curiosity.

>Warcraft 2

HE CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!!!

>Del Toro is apparently interested in getting a Bioshock adaptation off the ground.

My fucking dick!

They mean the cancellation of Kojima and Del Toro's "Silent Hills" may have signaled the death of the "Silent Hill" video game franchise, though Konami's outright departure from AAA game development (no, Metal Gear SurVive doesn't count, they're just recycling assets from MGSV to make a shit Fortnight clone) is the greater cause to blame in this case.

He no longer works for blizzard. The only thing he can do now is Voice baby grinch

that's because wowbabbies are fucking retards.
>dude I just want my favourite part of the lore on the bigscreen, never mind building the world/lore so it all makes sense and might actually make money and be accessible to normies lmao

those all sound like complete shit except for the grim fandango movie

>Capcom wants to reboot the RE movie franchise and make it more like the games
Del Taco wants to do Bioshock

PLEASE GOD

Del Toro has nothing to do with Death Stranding, so all of this is immediately invalidated.

>Detective Pikachu is being imagined as a movie similar to 'The Smurfs' with Pokemon characters coming to our world
YEAH BECAUSE THAT WORKED OUT SO WELL THE LAST FEW TIMES YOU DID IT

>stop-motion film adaptation of Grim Fandango
My cock is 100% ERECT

>Angry Birds did well enough to warrant a sequel, Angry Birds in Space is currently the working title for the sequel
I'm okay with this if they somehow keep the bizarre racial tension gags from the first movie (PIGS IN PLANES)

>Detective Pikachu
>The Myst TV series
holy fuck I am keking

Annie Hall was famously 'found in the edit', ie they shot a load of footage but had absolutely no clue how it would all fit together. There are probably others but thats the only one off the top of my head.

I knew it was gonna suck when they had him flipping around in the animus robot claw with Kayne West music blaring.

>post yfw angry birds in space will make fun of the space race and the cold war
yes please

Few more tidbits:

>There are a few keen eyes on Hollywood watching Final Fantasy XV's development with interest. The enormous multimedia promotion of the game has turned some heads. If the game succeeds on the level Square are hoping (on par with FF7), then it's likely Netflix or another streaming provider will look into making a 'Game of Thrones' style fantasy series based on Final Fantasy.

>Max Landis has apparently drafted a script for an Undertale adaptation, but hasn't pitched it yet, although those who have read it are positive.

>For jap fans, Ace Attorney 2 is close to moving into production. It will be an original story that shares some similarities to a recent musical adaptation of the franchise, with time travel elements. Takashi Miike will direct.

>Five Nights at Freddy's will be a quick and dirty shoot, on a relatively low budget $40 million max - it will be rushed into production next year.

>A Halo movie is still on the cards, but not how you might imagine. The days of Neil Blomkamp potentially directing a big-budget Halo movie are gone, but apparently Microsoft are considering a purely-CGI animated feature movie, set in the game's universe.

>Detective Pikachu

These all sound like a fucking mess. Only thing that could be worthwhile is a Portal movie.

>purely-CGI animated feature movie
Confirmed for trash.

i love seeing /fit/ leak into other boards, makes me homesick.

>Grim Fandango stop motion
nice
why is max landis such a faggot

RE film franchise is the biggest pile of shit adapted from a game.

>Max Landis
>Undertale

not even surprised

Jesus fuck hollywopd is braindead. 90% percent of videogame movies are utter trash, the remaining 10% is mediocre at best. Just stop making fucking vidya movies

>Tim Burton's people have been making early inquiries with Disney into acquiring the rights to make a stop-motion film adaptation of Grim Fandango
Holy shit

>Tim Burton's people have been making early inquiries with Disney into acquiring the rights to make a stop-motion film adaptation of Grim Fandango
Holy shit, don't fucking tease me. I had never considered the fact that Disney now owns Grim Fandango. That would be fucking incredible.

>90% of movies are trash
>just stop making movies
>90% of books are trash
>just stop writing books
I agree with your premise but your logic makes no sense

having a grab bag to work with is different from patching around what we got. good coverage matters. 1-3 take scenes and locked in animations cant be fixed in editing. theres a point where you cross trim the fat to chopping up the meat. everything nowadays is just chopped liver over seasoned with cgi.

>Undertale movie
>Max Landis
toby must put a stop to this

What happened to the Deus Ex movie?

On the backburner while Scott Derrickson and Carlyle have been working on Doctor Strange. Scheduling conflicts was a big factor for a few parties, and the production has kind of fallen away for the time being. Mankind Divided getting a lukewarm reception didn't help matters either.

It's possible that it could be jumpstarted once Doctor Strange is out the door, but it's just as likely Marvel will get them focused on Doctor Strange 2 or one of their other projects.

>despite being beset by production injuries and deaths, was apparently a fun set to work on
That gave me a good chuckle.

Donnie Darko was a notorious piece of shit before they put a good editor on it.

>Donnie Darko was a notorious piece of shit before they put a good editor on it.
>was

>Warcraft 2 is close to getting greenlit, given the film's performance in China. Duncan Jones wants to adapt Tides of Darkness, but if Legendary choose not to proceed with him, they will probably skip straight to Warcraft III/Arthas, as it's the more well known story.
Holy shit I might actually bother to watch that Warcraft 3's story was the tits.

>Sony are pinning their future film hopes on Uncharted and Last of Us adaptations
What in the hell is the point of making movies based on games that were already virtually movies?

>test audiences
How to Ruin Your Movie 101

>the studio is confident that they can fix the film in editing, as the film is being run through a couple of different additional editors.
>the film is being run through a couple of different additional editors
They never. fucking. learn. This is the shit that ruins EVERY major studio release these days

>on a relatively low budget $40 million
I love Hollywood

Your logic makes as little sense as his. You're applying what he said about a small subset of movies that often times are critical and commercial failures and applying it to the entire medium.

It doesn't work like that.

>imagining the soldiers as new teenage recruits

God fucking damn it. Emergence day did not happen until Marcus and Dom were old as fuck.

Just fuck my story up

>All these 'scoops'
>No sources

This is just like those fucking DC threads, you fags still fall for this shit?

>test audience
confirmation your movie is shit and studio is to dumb to realize it

Huh so very surprisingly the thing that made the assassins creed games retarded is also making the movie retarded? Interesting. Its almost as if people just want a ninja assassin game/movie without a bunch of time traveling futuristic bologna

>>Dan Trachtenberg is JJ's top choice candidate to direct the Portal movie, which JJ Abrams is close to getting the green light. He already directed a Portal short, and his 10 Cloverfield Lane was well received

I can't wait...

>Last of Us
But that's already a movie?

>they're currently casting very young for the main characters like Marcus
RICH PIANA C'MON

>low budget
>40 million dollars
>five nights at Freddie's
I haven't felt this much seething rage in a long time. 40 million dollars. Just imagine that amount of money and all the good in the world it could do or if thinking materially and selfishly is all you can muster do that, but just imagine 40 million dollars in front of you. Now imagine the rushed "low budget" haphazardly put together movie that it surely will be it that that money will be used to make. I've never even played the game and I know its going to be garbage.

Reddit told me it worked for Star Wars

>Portal movie

Now they're just being retarded.
That's a fucking puzzle game. Sur it has some funny dialogues and stuff but at it's core, it's still a fucking puzzle game.

>a 'Game of Thrones' style fantasy series based on Final Fantasy.

> the first 10 episodes is spent killing low-level monsters in a forest outside of town

>Sonic the Hedgehog movie will start production in early 2017, for a 2018 release. It mixes CGI with live action. Early drafts indicate it will be taking inspiration from the entirety of Sonic canon, from the different cartoons to the comics to the games.

The vidyakino to end all kino

I did some translating for a data firm, test audience verbatims and all that. I can tell you this, they are absolutely fucking retarded.

This would honestly shock me, because SEGA absolutely HATES the comics. They refuse to acknowledge anything that isn't directly from the games, so I can't see them allowing the movie to have anything from the EU.

Hell, Knuckles and Amy are pretty much persona non grata nowadays.

Do you remember any examples?

They were all about commercials though. I unfortunately couldn't tell you any off the top of my head, and I keep all my work on a computer I'm currently not in possession of, but what I could tell you is that people will form opinions on everything if someone is paying $15 for an hour of their time.

>THAT TREE WAS BAD I THINK IT SHOULD BE REMOVED
>WHY WAS THE LITTLE GIRL WEARING A RED RIBBON
>THE SUNNY WEATHER TRULY REFLECTED THE POWER OF THE WASHING MACHINE IN THE COMMERCIAL

Them always being all-caps also added to the hilarity as well. They were all full of spelling errors too.

>Dan Trachtenberg directing a portal movie.

Well, this is interesting. He might get the contained nature Portal would require to be interesting as a movie. Cautiously optimistic.

>Del Toro and Bioshock

Dear Jesus. I love Del Toro to death, but PLEASE, someone get this man a decent writer that can write a tight, self contained story in around 2 hours. Del Toro's movies are always so eager to show impressive sequences and visuals that they almost always feel rushed to me. Pacific Rim less so, but still.

Del Toro should call Netflix or Amazon and convice them to get him a mini-series. That way he could stretch the story far enough for it be well paced and still let him use all the 90% he usually has to cut out from his movie ideas.

Who are these "test audiences" anyway? Near as I can tell their tastes are SHIT.

>Del Toro is apparently interested in getting a Bioshock adaptation off the ground.

I'd rather he do Bloodborne.

>>Max Landis has apparently drafted a script for an Undertale adaptation

The thing that gives me hope about Last of Us and Uncharted is that Naughty Dog hasn't greenlit a script yet, they actually give a shit about their properties and won't let a cash-in get released.

They were seasoned special forces by the first game too.

CG hedgehogs interacting with real humans.

If only they had the budget to make a feature length Halo CGI movie basically just be 90 minutes of Halo 2 Anniversary quality CG, would be fucking great.

youtube.com/watch?v=8F7OgOCzph4

This has to be a lie. The Sonic Boom TV show is surprisingly good, but there's no huge market for an extreme blue hedgehog anymore.

I think only Tomb Raider has been the only successful game to movie adaption, mainly because she was just Indiana Jones with tits and you can't mess that formula up too much.

They work best where there's almost no story so the studio can do whatever they want, like Angry Birds which was surprisingly fun, or when the creators are directly involved, like Wing Commander which is better than most people think.

Actually, horror videogames not selling AAA numbers is what signaled the death of Silent Hill. The Evil Within and Alien Isolation are considered as flops by the people who made them.

>If the game succeeds on the level Square are hoping (on par with FF7)

kek. Zero chance to happen. It won't evenbeat the yearly COD or Fifa. The japanese market is dead as fuck.

Del Toro and Bioshock are a match made in heaven, I cant think of any director that would do the game justice. The way he brings out the colors in his films makes me fucking hard.

Yeah but it's Del Toro and even worse it involves a video game so it probably won't happen.

>The Gears of War movie is getting closer to a final draft of the script, and the studio is beginning to narrow down candidates for the lead roles - they're currently casting very young for the main characters like Marcus, imagining the soldiers as new teenage recruits.

>new teenage recruits.

Anyone remember the 200 episode of Stargate SG-1 with the little parody with a teenage cast? This movie will play out just like that.

>"Marcus, we gotta like, scratch these grubs"

Just kill me.

Video game movies are making dosh (Warcraft) and strange R rated projects that would be unthinkable just a couple of years ago (Deadpool, Suicide Squad) are also making dosh. Bioshock is very popular. I can see it happening man, let my dream.

>on par with FF7

But who will play Marcus's Dad?

>half of movie is set in future despite the most interesting thing about series are historical settings
>studio believes editing fix the movie

>Portal adaptation
>JJ in charge

>Sonic adaptation
>CGI & live action

>Jones who actually likes franchise and has vision is out
>Warcraft gave up any worldbuilding and skips to lowest common denominator in BvS style

vidyakino is dead, only good videogame movie was Hardcore Henry

I don't get it, really.
P.T. was a MASSIVE hit, it gained cult status, everyone wanted to play it, people want to see the footage of other people playing it and Playstations with P.T. on it sell for ungodly sums on ebay...

>having a grab bag to work with is different from patching around what we got
They asked if a film has ever been fixed in editing, Annie Hall has

>to make a stop-motion film adaptation of Grim Fandango

No more Lothar might be for the best after all.

they had endless shots. what was done in edit was structure.

I still can't get over how ridiculously huge the orcs are compared to humans.
They're bigger than humans in warcraft, that's for sure, but people tend to forget that humans in warcraft have cartoony proportions too.

Super Mario was pretty fun.

>Warcraft 2 is close to getting greenlit
That's complete bullshit. There will NEVER be another live action warcraft.
Even Metzen himself "retired" because of that steaming pile of shit.
And the China boxoffice numbers were as fake as their WoW-bot playerbase

>Gears of War movie
What is it 2005 again? Does anyone even care anymore?

>though Konami's outright departure from AAA game development...is the greater cause to blame in this case
They're one and the same. Konami killing their AAA game portfolio is what got Silent Hills cancelled and what them force Kojima out.

The problem with Ass Creed isn't the future plot, its how its executed.
There is a reason The Bleed is a final plot point in the first game, and then it got stupid.

This.
It would be something like
1. Intro in ancient days, but something is wrong here

2. We get introduced to the actual plot, i.e find the Aliens/Conspiracy/Artifact/Tech

3. Rest of the movie plays out

4. 2 final segments. Once for the past, and one where they use/get/acquire/deconstruct what they found in the past

Seriously, it wouldn't be that different from any of the X-men Future Past, except no timeline changes.

That's not completly out of the question, they had 50 minutes for the remaster, double that wouldn't be outrageous for movie, Halo would always get a Audiance and they could draw in more people with the gimmick of pure CGI.

>Bioshock adaptation

The only one I'm remotely intersted in. Will pay to see Pacific Rim 2 if it means getting it.

>Bioshock mini series

T h i s
h
i
s

How can you fucks believe ANY of this?

>Del Toro Bioshock
i guess 90 minutes will be about the political situation of the inhabitants and the struggle and differences of the classes and 30 minutes about the actual fucking action

>All these vidya adaptations
>STILL no Dead Space adaptation

You literally couldn't fuck it up if you tried. It's The Thing + Alien.

I'm back guys, some other news that I didn't include earlier because it's kind of old:

>Tomb Raider reboot will film in 2017 with Alicia Vikander, based on the reboot the game series itself underwent a few years ago. Its focus is on survival and action, rather than Indiana Jones antics, and takes place on an island in the Bermuda Triangle. Early drafts of the script were rejected for making Lara too much of a 'victim', the current script is still undergoing scrutiny, as the studio really wants to get this version of Lara 'right' for the 21st century.

>Metal Gear Solid probably isn't going to happen. There is no interest from inside Konami in making a movie happen, and any interested parties (like Sony) have deemed it too confusing a story and timeline to fit into a series. The original MGS was going to be the starting point in early pitched scripts, but it's now considered too old to be relevant.

>The Division will shoot in 2017 with Jake Gyllenhaal starring and producing. Ubisoft are keen to get this going ASAP while the game is still relevant, however a writer and director still haven't been assigned yet. They really want to make a late-Summer 2018 release.

>Mass Effect plans were dropped after the poor reaction to ME3. The adaptation is on life support at Warner Bros until they see how the latest game performs - it's also likely that any live action version will be based on the new reboot universe, and not the original trilogy of games.

>Splinter Cell is still targeting a mid-2017 start to filming for a late 2018 release, starring Tom Hardy. It will use elements from the original game's story and Conviction.

>but it's now considered too old to be relevant.

Fuck better reboot Tomb Raider!

>Grim Fandango

Fuck everything else. Video game movies NEVER work, this one might be able to and I want it.

Adventure games in general are generally incredibly straightforward and linear so a movie of one seems like a no-brainer.

>Ubisoft are keen to get this going ASAP while the game is still relevant

That game lasted 2-3 days on the world stage. They're going to have to release a second game if they want to stay 'relevant'.

>Portal movie
did Chell ever talk at all?

That's true, but so far there has never been a good video game movie. It's like a curse or something. No matter how much it would make sense, they can still do plenty to fuck it up.

For example, have Tim Burton do it. I hate Tim Burton.

>le laughin faggot
can't wait for this meme to die

>>Sonic the Hedgehog movie will start production in early 2017, for a 2018 release. It mixes CGI with live action. Early drafts indicate it will be taking inspiration from the entirety of Sonic canon, from the different cartoons to the comics to the games.
Will this be the renaissance for autismkino?

Grim Fandango is pretty much the perfect director for Grim Fandango, other than Henry Selick.

I don't care if(I think you meant Tim Burton) is the best man for the job. I fucking hate the guy so much.

ok

Assassins Creed has so much potential but it's ececuted like shit.

1.They should have started with a HBO/Starz/... miniseries about how animus became reality
2. Create two seperate movies about Assassins and Templars to create a backstory
3. Create a series on HBO/Starz/... about one assassin (Altair/Ezio/...) and tell his story

MEW for Portal pls

That would have been so much worse, dude. Maybe a tie in before the movie plays about Abstergo, but not a series.

I wonder if Chris Chan will vandalize a theater if Sonic isn't 100% accurate.

James Wan is a hack he's gonna ruin Silent Hil

>James Wan ruining Silent Hill
>Justin Kurzel ruining Assassin's Creed

FUCKING AUSTRALIANS RUINING MY VIDYA MOVIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Grim Fandango is pretty much the perfect director for Grim Fandango,

or del Toro

Video games will never be art and therefore will never make for good movies. Roger Ebert knew this and proclaimed vidya to be the manchildish trash it is

my god i cant stop shivering for the grim fandango movie

explain how Portal will work if its MC is mute

>Arthas
>the worst part
SURE THING BUDDY

Not sure what to expect or if I am looking forward to this. The orc parts were amazing but everything else was garbage.

>Kanye
>bad

Wowowowowowoowow reddit

>rap
>good

Are you 12?

>Max Landis has apparently drafted a script for an Undertale adaptation, but hasn't pitched it yet, although those who have read it are positive.
Why would anyone think an Undertale movie would be a good idea?

What do you listen to?

I think a Portal film could be good if it's treated as a slow, suspenseful, slightly spooky sci-fi film. Using the big empty facility and portal weirdness correctly instead of just having a dumb action film.

Everything really, as long as it's melodic

>Yeezus
>Bad
Lol faggot

>I listen to everything except (c)rap and cuntry

Never going to happen. Any portal movie is going to be quirky Olivia Munn kung fu taking out dozens of robots/faceless goons twice her size with a million "LE CAEK xD IS LE LIE xD LE WE xD LE DID xD LE IT xD LE REDDIT xD PEW PEW PEW " meme bullshit references.

Kek

>however the studio is confident that they can fix the film in editing

This is the most country like song in my country

youtube.com/watch?v=-PxO9S8Dj48

t.slav

at that point the humans would have to have been cgi as well. Might as well be an animated movie.

>Sonic the Hedgehog movie will start production in early 2017, for a 2018 release.
I'm sure I would've been excited for this back when I was a Sega Genesis kid. Now I feel nothing.

>Sonic the Hedgehog movie will start production in early 2017, for a 2018 release. It mixes CGI with live action.

THESE FUCKING DICKNOSES NEED TO STOP SHOVING (((ACTORS))) INTO EVERY FUCKING THING FOR THE SAKE OF THERE BEING ACTORS BEING PAID MONEY. WHY CAN'T A CGI MOVIE BE FULL CGI? WHY THE LIVING FUCK DO WE HAVE TO HAVE (((ACTORS))) RUIN THE MOVIE SOLELY BECAUSE THEY'RE IN IT? THE JUNGLE BOOK WAS A FUCKING TERRIBLE MOVIE JUST BECAUSE OF THE CHILD ACTOR OTHERWISE IT WAS GREAT MINUS THE FUCKING KID ACTOR MOWGLI SOMEHOW KNOWING HIS FAMILY NAME AND SHOUTING IT AT SHERE KHAN BECAUSE HE KNEW IT BECAUSE KAA NEVER TOLD HIM AND HE KNEW NOTHING ABOUT WHERE HE CAME FROM OR ANYTHING REVOLVING AROUND THAT INFORMATION. THE FUCKING CHILD (((ACTOR))) JUST HAD TO HAVE A FUCKING LINE OF DIALOGUE TO SIGNAL HIS (((RESOLUTION))).

YES I AM FUCKING MAD THAT MOVIE WAS A FUCKING ABORTION AND THE ASSHOLES WHO THREW THE KID IN THERE NEED TO KILL THEMSELVES.

>After this movie, Capcom want to reboot the movie franchise to be in line with their RE7 reboot

Final Fantasy XV: Kingsglaive

>JJ Portal

Chell will be a plunky skinny brittish girl. Ratman will be a main character. There will be other scientist survivors seen throughout the movie. It will end with revealing Aperture is in a zombie apocalypse or something because no Half Life to explain why there's no civilians or military around.

Yes.

>It will end with revealing Aperture is in a zombie apocalypse or something because no Half Life to explain why there's no civilians or military around.
Ya know, this actually makes me pretty sad. There would be a nice opportunity for a little Half-Life exposition since Valve doesn't seem to want to ever release another game, but since normie Portal fans have no idea who the "Combine" are, it's gonna be retconned. I wonder if Black Mesa is even going to be brought up.

>Early screenings from the Assassin's Creed movie have indicated the film is an overindulgent mess
I could tell by the trailer.
This pleases me. Despite liking the story of WC2 I honestly hope they skip to WC3 so we can get Illidan and Arthas on the screen.

I doubt they'll skip straight to WC3. If anything they will skip WC3 and do a Lord of the Clans thing about Thrall probably ending with Medivh telling him to take his people to Kalimdor.
Going straight for WC3 would be kinda a mess since none of the characters from WC: Beginning would be around any more.

>Undertale movie

Why? Most of the shit that makes Undertale good and/or memorable just flat-out doesn't work in non-video game mediums.

This is dumb.

>but if Legendary choose not to proceed with him
Please don't do it Chinese Overlords.
Please keep Duncan. ;_;

JJ's working on getting a Half-Life movie down too supposedly

As it should be.

Bioshock's main draw is the politics, especially the failure of Ancap.

The best candidate for the story protagonist IMHO is Diane McClintock.

>Despite her connection to Ryan, McClintock is portrayed as something of an "everyman" character, representing the common citizens of Rapture during its decline and fall.

lel, gears was most popular in 2011 dipshit. The first game didn't even come out until basically 2007 (nov. 2006)

Fucking H2A looked and played so goddamn good.

Stop-motion Grim Fandango.

Holy. Fuck. My dick. Please make it happen. It hurts.

Skipping straight to WC3 would be a terrible choice.

It would essentially mean every single character from the previous movie gets their resolution off-screen.
Like imagine somebody going to WC2 after the first movie. After the title screen a wall of texts just tells them everybody from the previous movie is either dead or missing and here are some completely new heroes, places and everything else.
WC3's story is pretty cool but it needs Tides of Darkness and Lord of Clans to happen first. There's just too many things that need to be introduced first. Essentially you need a movie in between to introduce all these things:
>Lordaeron, King Terenas and Uther
>Shamans, Thrall and his relationship with Grom and Orgrim
>Gul'dan's death and the Burning Legion
Ner'zhul would also make sense but for the sake of the movie I expect them to merge him with Gul'dan character.

>op literally pulling shit out his ass with no source and all you retards gobbling it up.