"You are weak, Son of El, unsure of yourself. The fact that you possess a sense of morality, and we do not...

>"You are weak, Son of El, unsure of yourself. The fact that you possess a sense of morality, and we do not, gives us an evolutionary advantage. And if history has proven anything... it is that evolution always wins."

Wait, since when did Zod's group stop possessing a sense of morality? Isn't what they were doing still moral from their point of view?

And why would morality be counter to evolutionary development? Isn't morality a consequence of evolution?

Looking out for and protecting those you care about has immense evolutionary advantages, it's what led to complex social structures and accompanying codes of morality in the first place.

It's the classic cliche of "caring about things makes you weak"

Sauce on this qt?

No, they don't have morality. They're bred with a single purpose, which you're mistaking for morality.

You're not wrong, but Kryptonians worship science, as embodied by their genetics program. By their metric, humanity is an inferior species not worthy to coexist with them. To them, that's not morality - it's just scientific fact. We're fodder for the rebirth of their vastly superior culture. Right and wrong vanishes in their analysis.

Yeah, its lazy writing...especially given the whole thing about Zod, his soldiers and what he is fighting to protect is the status quo of all Kryptians being genetically engineered for their pre-decided role in society. Zod was made to be a soldier as was she. So basically evolution was taken out of their equation. Superman being the first natural birth Kryptonian in generations, the first sort of re-establishment of a evolutionary process/birth.

Faora from Man of Steel. Kryptonfu is bestfu.

It was Snyder's attempt at
Science = bad
Superman/Jesus = good

tfw faora will never disembowel you

>Looking out for and protecting those you care about has immense evolutionary advantages, it's what led to complex social structures and accompanying codes of morality in the first place.

No, it is not "moral" from their point of view.

It is justifiable, understandable, excusable and expected that they try and restart their species at the cost of ours, but killing billions for a handful of people to try and start a race isn't moral.

What's practical biologically isn't moral either, it's pragmatic or efficient.

Feels Batman.

>Wait, since when did Zod's group stop possessing a sense of morality? Isn't what they were doing still moral from their point of view?
no
they were willing to sacrifice their morality for the lives of the restof the kryptonians
they would do anything
she even says it, for every human you save, we will kill a million

krypton is already dead, they aren't caring for anything but themselves and what they want

We kill millions of insects that cause diseases, that doesn't make us immoral you fuckwit.

I guess we're evil for "genociding" polio too huh?

You realize of course that hard as we may try, we will not eradicate an entire species with a can of bug spray.

>insects are sentient creatures

No, that saved millions of living people.

In MoS the point is to kill billions so that a handful of aliens that could survive anywhere else with their ships can have the planet.

Sorta not the same.

Read some Nietzsche retard

this line really doesn't get brought up enough, it's probably the cringiest in a sea of bad expositional dialogue

It also just bothers me that she talks about evolution and history, when evolution is an Earth theory of Charles Darwin, someone she's never heard of before--but whatever, aliens that speak english, it's already dumb.

Well disguised waifuthread fämälämäantjefan

>Wait, since when did Zod's group stop possessing a sense of morality? Isn't what they were doing still moral from their point of view?
Correct. She was horribly written.

Morals are what society tells you is right and wrong. Zod's crew had morals.

God, I loved this scene so much.

>if history has proven anything... it is that evolution always wins.

Wait, whose history? Krypton's? Because that planet fucking exploded and everyone died. And now nobody left can reproduce because of your retarded eugenics policy. How did evolution win here?

Any translation would be the equivalent. Honestly, as Kryptonians, they would have already discovered that evolution is a lie by the devil.

when will Antje posting die, bros

it hurts. I just want it to end. hoping for her to make big it feels worse and worse as time goes by.

The original script was probably more about moral relativism.

But, oops, can't do that in a jew-controlled zeitgeist!

what ps2 game is this?

One thing I hated about her is that when she jumps she always falls stupidly fast, because the CG people were idiots who thought that gravity works harder if you are stronger.

Morality was stopping Superman from doing what it takes to revive kryptonian civilization as Zod wanted it.
She was on Zod's side. So, she talked shit. It was cringy dialogue imo.

In an ideal world, WB and Snyder plan MoS as the beginning of their universe instead of a quick cash grab on a pending lawsuit. After working out both Antje and Gal, Gal doesn't get pregnant and is Faora. Snyder keeps Antje's hopes up by giving her a role in another movie before bringing her back for Wonder Woman.

She meant: Being amoral towards other, lesser creatures, i.e. humans.
Supes fights for lesser beings, Foara thinks that's a weakness. She's not wrong desu.

Humans were a disease/lower life form to them.

>might makes right

... well isn't that adorable

In a David Good Goyer script?

I doubt it.

>that black bra peeking through
HNNNG

alternatively
kryptonians can fly. she's hovering for a moment to take in her surroundings, then attacks.

BB and TDK were all about the moral relativism though

We've tried to do way more than that with malaria mosquitoes. Wiping out their habitats and unleashing natural predators and diseases that target them specifically.

Not really. It was more "There's the wrong way and there's the Bat way."

... uh, yea, successful application of moral relativism on a superhero framework while simultaneously deconstructing and resolving several of the format's core themes is precisely why TDK is, was, and will always be held in very high regard.

she can't fly

Look up the definition of sentient.

Zod's entire coup was about saving Krypton from their government, so they possessed a strong sense of morality and justice.

It's just cliche and edgy writing that makes the villains generic

Imagine if they hadn't shit the bed and made you question who really was in the wrong.

wtf I love kryptonians now!

Imagine if instead of having 9/11 save the world (two, identical silver towers, destroyed by a man dressed as the american airlines logo and a passenger jet) zod instructed the kryptonians to equally distribute themselves across the habitable surface of the earth and, unless ka-el complied, would begin destroying every civilian center one by one.

But hey, not allowed to have intelligent characters in a snyder joint.

>your scenario
>intelligent

Feel free to elaborate.

>unless ka-el complied
with what?

No, but she can speed. Physics are not working as expected here, at least.

I'm pretty sure it's Street Fighter.

She has the ground to push on when she speeds. Her drop from the air is just not consistent.

But honestly i don't care, looks cool.

never, there will always be remnants

>history is written by the victors

It's just reality famalam.

It's held "in high regard" because Heath Ledger OD'd.

fuck you. that was one of the most badass lines of the movie.

Mongol history was written by the their enemies, the losers.

>HNNNNGH

where you there?

>the exception proves the rule

Mongols were rekt by russians at the end. That's why they didn't wrote anything.

not before they wrecked all Muslims and every Islamic nation forever lel

>you've worked your whole life and finally your big break comes, you're cast in a sizable role in a massive budget hollywood movie

>the director is zack snyder

>mongol population: 2.8 million
>muslim population: 1.6 billion

>No, it is not "moral" from their point of view.
How would you know that? Was there a 2 hour movie establishing the morals or even the folkways of Kryptonians? It's rather ethnocentric for you to assume that a fictional alien civilization, to say the least a militarized wing of said alien civilization, would have your very exact moral code.

You're right. There are more Muslims. Although Islam is an ideology that spanned almost the entirety of Asia and Mongolia is one Asian country so I don't think that's a fair comparison.