Why did Galadriel go "Dark Mode" in LOTR?

Why did Galadriel go "Dark Mode" in LOTR?

Did she have this power in the Tolkien works or was this a Peter Jackson move?

Other urls found in this thread:

km-515.livejournal.com/1042.html
youtube.com/watch?v=77YgkPfXqQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=NLhypaRifcE
youtube.com/watch?v=7KOt8xjuWOY
youtube.com/watch?v=fIG8FcZKXso
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Could galadrial have overthrown sauron singlehandedly if she had the one ring??

Have sex

why don't you fucking read them and find out, you spoonfed bitch baby

That movie has some really random movie effects for no reason

>Glad's dark mode/I found the invert colour option in Photoshop
>Frodo prison / floating heads of mr.smith

That was nightmare fuel when I first watched it

the ring is literally a portion of saurons soul forged into metal
it serves his will and the moment someone came within arms length of him the ring would slip off their finger and sauron would take it back

>invert colour
kek think the same thing every time I see it. Looks really amateurish

i always just imagined her trying to be a tough cunt, pushing her over, and raping her while stuffing elf bread crumbs up her butt

Yeah, but this enters the whole "could God create a rock so big he can't lift it" realm. Is there no being more powerful than Sauron in Middle-Earth who could control the ring other than him?

ive read them. if you havent in >current year, you really dont need to. Unless you're interested in: pure fantasy, history of fantasy/english writing, period writing.

sorry, the details of those works dont matter anymore. they actually are tediously pastoral. plz spoon feed the OP bitch baby.

tom bombadil puts the ring on, calls it a cute toy, then hands it back to frodo
but he isn't in the movies

It's the power she would wield if she took the ring. She resisted evil, now she can return to Valinor.

>reading books on Cred Forums

>not reading books on Cred Forums

That's debatable. She could be more powerful than Sauron at first, but wouldn't be able to kill him without destroying the Ring. She would be corrupted in the long run and Sauron would gain the Ring back.

Still hurts, my man.

Maybe Morgoth, Sauron's boss but hes exiled out of existence since they had that world war that destroyed a ton of shit

Thankfully.

more likely if the ring doesn't betray her, she in effect becomes the new equivalent of suaron

tom bombadil being morgoth in disguise is one of my favorite theorys to discuss at 5am at dennys

Explain

I read the books a long time ago so I don't remember but it definitely wasn't as spooky as it was in the movie

>The big bad has gotten so bad hes good and just dosent give a shit

needs a series relating

Yeah, the sequence would've been better if she had just been calm, cool Galadriel but with the same script.

Would have been so much more effective and implicating.

km-515.livejournal.com/1042.html
it's pretty convincing

Really? I was already done in by scary Bilbo and the Ringwraiths at Bree.

fellowship is 2spooky

You had to put in the cheat code when you read Fellowship of the Ring to unlock the dark Galadriel chapter

No, I'm not telling you

>Is there no being more powerful than Sauron in Middle-Earth who could control the ring other than him?

If there was such being in the middle-earth, would he really need the ring at all?

Sauron is pretty low on the power level scale, but the unique, ambiguous nature of the ring is the biggest question.

One that will never be answered.

>when u tryna defeat sauron but snapchat comes out with a new filter

Cause she's supposed to one of the most powerful creatures left in the Middle Earth. This was just her "Ancient Noldor OP Mode," to convey how powerful is was supposed to be.

What she says in this scene in the movie is almost word for word in the book if i remember correctly. Obviously her form and shit is kind of taking liberties because its not stated that she does in the book. She is tempted, and what we're seeing on screen is just her being tempted.

>that whole read

Martieth, I'm scared!

>Follow crazy guy out of Aman
>Want to set up your own kingdom or something, I dunno
>Crazy ass guy kills a bunch of his own kin
>Get formally banished from Aman
>Try to get to Middle Earth
>Oh shit crazy guy just took all the boats
>Cross an arctic hell hole to get to middle earth
>Arrive in middle earth
>Terrible suffering under Morgoth where everyone dies
>Manage to survive, Morgoth overthrown
>Entirety of Beleriand (West Middle Earth) is swept away
>Oh well, at least I get my own kingdom farther east
>And this nice guy has given me a ring to keep my kingdom in good condition forever, that's great
>A few thousand years pass
>Some short guy is carrying that nice guy's ring and plans to destroy it
>Destroying the nice guy's ring will make your ring stop working
>Eventually your kingdom will go to shit
>The short guy offers you the nice guy's ring
>Be tempted to take it because of all the suffering above and shit

It shows she is seriously being tempted by it. The temptation in this case (keeping her realm alive) wasn't trivial, the pay off for taking it was immediately obvious.

Heavens to betsy

underrated

Fuck, I'm scared somehow

I think there's some Silmarillion backstory added in that scene.
Wasn't Galadriel part of the renegade Elves banned from Valinor?

This.

Bombadil would have made the whole movie grind to a halt as they stop to have tea & crumpets with some irrelevant character who's never brought up again.

But if they announced they were remaking LOTR tomorrow all they'd need to do to get fan support is say they're putting Bombadil back in the movies. Tolkien-fags would be like capeshit fags were over Amazing Spider-Man having mechanical webshooters.

Fucking kill yourself faggots

i love you

No that's not how it works.
Imagine a giant star, it's huge, covers a vast distance.
Then you have a pulsar or black hole a thousand times smaller but same mass.
The pulsar is scarier.

That's how the ring works.
It's focus all saurons power into one single point.

I love you too

So what you're saying is the ring is basically a horcrux.
For fuck sake Tolkien is such a fucking hack.

This.

the comments kind of shut this theory down a fair bit.

>

>I hate Tom Bombadil
>I love organic webshooters
at least I get half.

Could this have beaten Sauron?

Tolkien writes like a faggot. Sorry it isn't 1950 anymore, Brit.

The books quite literally state that she becomes really bright and everything else turns dark. So at least the sudden change isn't that odd.

Don't know how they interpreted that as making her a spooky ghost with a spooky ghost voice though.

>Old Tom Bombadil. Possibly the least liked character in The Lord of the Rings.

What? Everyone loves Tom

Why didn't Saruman pretend to go along with Gandalf's plan then snag the ring when he got near Frodo?

hillary clinton couldn't beat a cartoon frog let alone sauron

Probably. All Sauron was good at was knockin' over toy soldiers and getting his fingies chopped

and goldsmithing, I guess.

get your Cred Forums shit out of here

Hahaha epic! Sho enuff! Add me to the blackpeopletwitter screencap!

Because Gandalf was a good friend and he thought they might share the same vision.

It looks fucking stupid and takes me out of the movie. Really jarring. Same with Pennywise Bilbo.

serious questoin
how strong was it? even gandalf was scared shitless but of it

Nobody knows. It's mentioned as much in the books as it is in the films.

In the books the actual entity is left ambigous, and the only part of it that is seen are the tentacles.

its a shoggoth
when gandalf falls into the void while fighting the balrog he finds that the center of the planet is inhabited by elder gods

Well done, well done, HOWEVER, why not ring > eagles > volcano ?

Cause eagles are "angels" in eagle form.
And as soon as they sense the ring they'd feel Sauron's tier 1 manipulation tactics as a great orgasmic feeling.
And they'll think, man this feels good.
Then be corrupted by the ring and fly away serving Sauron.

I don't remember the eangles being Maias, the rest though seems to be on point

what's the power level of these elder gods?
could sauron with the ring win against them?

What about Madara Uchicha?

dont know anything about them. Most likely created when the first songs were sung. So most likely created by Morgoth himself. Which would probably be horrifying enough to scare Gandalf.

>sauron with the ring
bitch, sauron is a little shit compared to the stuff in melkors reign. Stop talking as if he's the end all be all boss

sorry user never read the books. can only go by what the movies show

silmarillion when?

Sauron was a top-tier manipulator not a fighter.

It's not inverted colors though.

Not saying it looks particularly good, but its not inverted colors

She literally tears down castles when she's angry user, if you try that someone's getting fucked up the ass, but it won't be her.

I really needed to hear that today. Thanks.

He doesn't say they were gods, though.He says :
>"Far, far below the deepest delvings of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things"

They were still probably stronger than Sauron maybe even stronger than Morgoth. It's hard to know, probably Tolkien himself didn't give it much thought

It looked shit when it came out

Get your plebbit out of here.

fuck you i kek'd

>>The big bad has gotten so bad hes good and just dosent give a shit
Nah just planning/waiting for the right time until he literally gets the moon to attack the sun

Fuck you, Feanor did nothing wrong

>silmarillion when?
Never hopefully.
How the hell does one visually do justice the wars between the Valar and Melkor?
How the hell does one cast Lutherin (how Tolkien felt about his wife put into character) who makes every other women look like a burns victim.

is not a case of power

its jsut that its coded to sauron, it only serves sauron, power doesnt change this. it will alwaysc default to him if it can, the power it gives to others is only its way of making people want to go to sauron to try to overthrow him, jsut a trap to trick them into getting the ring back to him

galadriel, if she had taken the ring, would have found herself drawn to trying to defeat sauron, she wouldve amassed her powers to march on mordor, gotten there and then the ring would stop giving her power and shed be defeated and the ring would go back to sauron.

Goddamn, what a cool theory. Tom is a character that I've always hated and this opens him up for way more interpretation. Might have to go re-read the book now.

no, people ahte him because hes a massive plot hole

without a doubt he couldve easily walked the ring to mordor without fail and destroyed the ring, he was incorruptable

the bullshit excuse gandalf gives doesnt hold up "he lsoe it" no he wouldnt just send people to poke him witha fuckin stick, nobody can be corrupted to take it from him because hes practically a demigod, nobody could beat him in a fight without a decent force of soldiers

same as the ghost army, same thing where they couldve fuckin ended the war then and there and killed every single orc in mordor....but aragons "Muh word" meant it wrong to do that, better to have thousands of living men slaughtered and potentially risk losing the war for the world instead right? bullshit, fuck aragons honour this was the world we were talking about.

besides it would've taken the ghost army literally a day to wipe out mordor its not like they cant do one more day of work before being allowed to pass on.

Does she have mind powers?

she would of become him

There is a quote from Tolkien about how he was completely enchanted when he saw her dance.
He knew how to describe his love.

2nd/3rd? gen Elves + 20 thousand years so probably. First Age elves were powerful motherfuckers
>Feanor did nothing wrong

that is a cracking yarn right there

“And now at last it comes. You will give me the Ring freely! In place of the Dark Lord you will set up a Queen. And I shall not be dark, but beautiful and terrible as the Morning and the Night! Fair as the Sea and the Sun and the Snow upon the Mountain! Dreadful as the Storm and the Lightning! Stronger than the foundations of the earth. All shall love me and despair!”

I would give it tbqh

The did it again in the Hobbit when she expelled Sauron from Dol Guldur. Pretty dumb desu

he is only powerfull in his realm, and if they tried to hide the ring there forever someday suaron would find out and siege bombadills forest. And not even tom would withstand the whole army of mordor.
Thats what he said in the book.
The explanation makes sense, but it's still a cop out though

Thanks for the spoiler, asshole.

Why didn't they just let fredo use his stealth cloak that he used for entering the forbidden part of the library?

looks like someone put googly eyes on her face

On the topic of lotr special effects, how was pic related archieved?

Mask or CG? I'd like to see a behind the scenes for this scene.

>get big rock
>put ring under it
>smash ring
>no more LOTR

they did that
youtube.com/watch?v=77YgkPfXqQ8

good

Someone post that image, where Saruman and Gandalf tell Bombadil to fuck off.
TOM BOM JOLLY TOM

Not the fucking eagles man

that freaked me out as a kid desu

pussy

The hack Jackson just wanted to copy Avatar

still freaks me out because it comes outta fuckin nowhere

In middle-earth there is, yes. Elrond, Aragorn, Gandalf, Saruman and Galadriel. They could all (in theory) claim the ring for themselves and overthrow Sauron (with him being vanquished forever). The end result however would be as if Sauron had won. They would simply trade on tyrant for another.

Tolkien said that had Gandalf claimed the ring he would have become extremely self-righteous and would excuse his tyrannical rule by appealing to the greater good (sort of what Sauron originally did before he became completely messed up). The ring fucks you up like that. It appeals to what is good within you and offers you a very convenient shortcut.

Obviously its first priority is to get back to Sauron, whom it serves. But if Sauron was "killed" however or if its new master would be stronger than Sauron, it would turn to the second best option. It had a survival instinct of its own.

You've played Shadow of Mordor too much. The ring serves whoever has the strongest force of will.

bruh that's like 30 seconds into the first movie

Well some people havent watched it yet, duh?

>"I never called Edith Luthien—but she was the source of the story that in time became the chief part of the Silmarillion. It was first conceived in a small woodland glade filled with hemlocks at Roos in Yorkshire (where I was for a brief time in command of an outpost of the Humber Garrison in 1917, and she was able to live with me for a while). In those days her hair was raven, her skin clear, her eyes brighter than you have seen them, and she could sing—and dance. But the story has gone crooked, & I am left, and I cannot plead before the inexorable Mandos."

So he's basically a loyal Starscream?

you read the spoiler, you the stupid

>“The song of Lúthien before Mandos was the song most fair that ever in words was woven, and the song most sorrowful that ever the world shall hear. Unchanged, imperishable, it is sung still in Valinor beyond the hearing of the world, and listening the Valar are grieved. For Lúthien wove two themes of words, of the sorrow of the Eldar and the grief of Men, of the Two Kindreds that were made by Ilúvatar to dwell in Arda, the Kingdom of Earth amid the innumerable stars. And as she knelt before him her tears fell upon his feet like rain upon stones; and Mandos was moved to pity, who never before was so moved, nor has been since.”

The entire story is more or less a re-telling of their relationship. He was a Catholic and she a Protestant, and he even had to survive the first world war before they could be together. As Beren lost a hand to get the Silmaril, so did Tolkien lose all but one of his friends in the trenches.

No.
She's just be returning it to him.

The ring is Sauron. To use it is to perpetuate Sauron.

Would reading the books at this point sour the experience of the films? I never read them as a kid and found out about them juuuuust before the films via LOTR maps on Starcraft. I love the films, but I am curious about Tolkien's writing in general. Will the books jade me out of liking the films ala V for Vendetta/I am Legend?

As far as adaptions go, the trilogy are better than most. Some things will piss you off (like the way the movies treat Faramir's character compared to the books). But the books are also good for getting a more fleshed out backstory.

They can be pretty dry at times (Tolkien sure love his background descriptions) with an old-timey vocabulary, but it also carries a sense of beauty with it.

Its purposely left ambiguous but they were probably created by Morgoths songs meaning they would fuck Sauron up. The Balrog could probably fuck Sauron up desu

Her ring gives her the power to protect Lothlorein / The Forests, as i recall she gets mad and summons a giant tornado that fucked up Dol Guldur at some point back in time (that place in the Hobbit where Gandalf goes and fights the 'Necromancer').

The fuck is this.

Kinslaying fucking shits are not allowed

hahah thanks

>She lifted up her hand and from the ring that she wore there issued a great light that illuminated her alone and left all else dark. She stood before Frodo seeming now tall beyond measurement, and beautiful beyond enduring, terrible and worshipful.

In short - yes it does happen

This is so fucking sweet I teared up a little. Sometimes I wish I was a god of literature like Tolkien.

Can someone post the chart of the creation of the different races and stuff

>''Memedalf?''
>''Memebo Memeings''
>''My dear Memedalf!'' *Good to meme you*
>''You haven't meme'd a day''
>...........Hahaha, come on meme in!

Take your shit back to the Facebook group you heard about Cred Forums on, you bandwagon faggot. Nerds are trying to discuss Tolkien here.

>beautiful beyond enduring, terrible and worshipful.

She didn't need the ring for that tbqh

>I take Cred Forums very seriously

>I am from reddit

>mocking neckbeards on Cred Forums

You're the freak here, normie.

Sauron was a real scourge for Middle Earth for thousands of years, just the worst shitlord ever.

And in a Tolkien thread, in all places.

In the book she shows Frodo the terror she would become if she acquired the one ring.

The movie conveys it poorly.

Isn't she a first gen elf like Elrond?

>Sauron is pretty low on the power level scale
Mid-high tier. As far as miar go, the ones who haul the celestial bodies and maybe unlimited Gandalf beat him

this is what true autism looks like, friends

yes

They're both from the first age, they aren't literally first generation, but close. I think she's actually older than Elrond, her daughter was his wife.

Tom doesn't control the ring. It has no effect on him.

empty hero shilling again mods

>reading genre: fiction

Hi someone who hasn't read the book. Ghost Army don't actually fight.

>elder gods
>gods
Nigger you now there ain't no god but god so stop talking shit.

I have the extended edition of the movie with the ridiculous amounts of behind the scenes. They sculpted a bust of Bilbo as if he had gone full Gollum. They simply combined the faces for a split second with CGI. Pic related.

What? This doesn't say Bombadil is Morgoth. It just says he's an evil fuck. It even mentions Morgoth as a separate entity.

All those replies you got and apparently nobody actually read it.

then why did user say 2nd/3rd? because if Feanor are the first gen then Galadriel is a legitimate first gen.

Is that Ra from Stargate?

This. They were creatures of primordial darkness like that big fuck off spider that shelob decended from

Elrond is a lot younger than Galadriel, almost 2000 years younger

It's been a long time since I read the Silmarillion, but I remember that they were both born in the first age. Maybe they didn't reach their peak power until the 3rd age.

why don't they age?

>maybe even stronger than Morgoth

Unlikely. He kicked the shit out of Ungoliant.

Yeah, which is why I asked why user said that she;'s a 2nd gen, She's the reason for the silmarillion ffs.

They were both born during the FA but Galadriel was older.

Because they're Elves

did any elf ever die of old age ?
How come the earth isn't overpopulated with them?

Galadriel is the daugther of Finarfin, who is the son of the noldor king Finwe. Galadriel was either from Valinor. She came back to Middle Earth with the host of noldo.

Elrond was born in the end of the first age. As the son of Earendil, he got the choice of choosing the eldar or man-kind as he was the product of both elves, men (and maia). He chose elven life, and his brother Elros chose the opposite, becoming the first king of Numenor.

Elrond is married to Galadriels daughter, but I think she left for Valinor some time ago in LOTR.

No, also elves that die are eventually reborn after a long as shit time.

Go away, Teler

>She's the reason for the silmarillion ffs.

This is certainly not what is written in the Silmarillion. There's no reference that I can find that links her to them, only the two trees.

What

how does that happen

It's never really explained and it's barely talked about.

There's one (maybe two) elves named that have done this though.

They can be killed, they just don't die nor age naturally

no she was jut a plan old elf sauron was a lesser Maiar.

You under-estimate how strong Elves have the potential to be.

An elf prince 1v1'd Morgoth and almost won. He permanently maimed Morgoth.

oh shit i mistyped. was meant to say she was already alive when the silmarils were created.

I hate the hobbit movies but this scene was bretty good

youtube.com/watch?v=NLhypaRifcE

Galadriel ain't nothing to fuck with

They go to some afterlife for a while then god sends them back. Wtf do you mean "how does it happen"?

Easy to mix up some stuff when it comes to Silmarillion details. I was thinking you were referring to some picture that I've seen going around here at times.

>lesser

He was Morgoths strongest servant. I don't see how he is lesser, unless you mean less than a valar.

Not to mention the two named elves that killed Balrogs. They can fuck shit up if they try, though that was first age elves though.

That's not the theatrical version is it? Saruman is a boss.

To me this is the best scene in the hobbit. Shit, I dare say one of the best scenes in all the films.

youtube.com/watch?v=7KOt8xjuWOY

Sauron coming off as incomprehensible makes so much more sense than a big dumb LITERAL eyeball the watches shit, what a disaster that was.

yes that is what i mean meklor was the first and strongest even among the valar.

That is a great scene indeed

no i honestly mistyped. I'm a little high atm.

That makes sense. I was thinking you meant he was one of the weaker maiar.

Speaking of the hobbit movies and the necromancer, are the tombs implied to be the nazguls or just "regular" dead guys? Been some time since I watched the movie and I have no intention of revisiting any of them very soon.

Did she even join the fight against Sauron when Gil-Galad died? Gil-Galad might've not died if she did.

>Bombadil is a very well disguised nod to Lovecraft by Tolkein

I don't buy it, and yet it all fits. Eerie as fuck.

>I don't get the spiritual thesis of Lord of the Rings: The Post
Tom Bombadil establishes that the Ring does nothing in terms of corrputing souls. He resists it, not because he's God, but because he is the purest, most innocent creature in Middle Earth (He's quite a clear analogue to Adam before leaving Eden. He lives in a forest with his perfect wife and beats a tree for crying out loud)
Him not being affected by the Ring, showcases that the reason the Ring is dangerous, is not because it can turn people evil, but because people in general, even ones as majestic and unique as the Valar are evil somewhere in their core, and they twist themselves in the face of the power the Ring represents.
The entire point of Lord of the Rings, is to establish the human spirit, why mankind inherits the/Middle- Earth. Why it is, that they are more worthy of it than not only Orcs, but Elves and Dwarves too, for while they are corrpuptible and face many dangers, they do not run away, or hide.
To be human, in Lord of the Rings, to be worthy of winning the War of the Ring, means to fight, inspite of your own failings and insurmountable odds.
To fight Evil both Within and Without.

Without Tom Bombadil, the Ring is just a magic thingamajig that puts evil in you.

they were the nazguls. they were the tombso f the kings who were "wraithed" by the rings of power.

tl;dr Tom Bombadil isn't human

I don't even think she needed the ring judging by their DBZ battle in Five Armies

Fuck Tolkein's 'I swear it's not allegory guys I hate allegory world war? whats that no relation', he very clearly had a point he was making here

The themes of large scale war's effects on men's integrity, the cost of industrialization, and the waning sentiment of religion are borderline obnoxious. Why didn't he just embrace it? Probably to make it seem more timeless than just get shoehorned into labels of 'it's actually about ww2'. But still.

>use cg for many effects
>don't bother for saruman and his technicolor wizard robe

I thought he did say WWI was a major influence having fought in it, but rejected the WWII allegory.

But the nazguls had been openly fucking around for some time by then. I mean, they took Minas Morgul, not to mention the entire thing with the destruction of Arnor. Was this supposed to be some large revelation, especially to Gandalf?

It's clearly a """refugee""" crisis allegory

>For I am Saruman the Wise, Saruman Ring-maker, Saruman of Many Colours!'

>I looked then and saw that his robes, which had seemed white, were not so, but were woven of all colours, and if he moved they shimmered and changed hue so that the eye was bewildered.

>I liked white better,' I said.

>White!' he sneered. 'It serves as a beginning. White cloth may be dyed. The white page can be overwritten; and the white light can be broken.'

>In which case it is no longer white,' said I. 'And he that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom.'

Was Tolkien secretly warning us about the perils of multiculturalism?

>watch LOTR with woman
>"tee hee why don't they just breed with the orcs and brown men?"

He rejected the notion that it was allegory but accepted its 'applicability'. In other words, people can interpret it to mean whatever they want it to mean, and thats not really his concern.

It's one of those things that sounds cool on paper but would look fucking stupid in real life.

Be honest. Who else loves this album

No

jesus fucking christ it makes sense

My nigga.

NOLDOR
BLOOD IS ON YOUR HANDS
TEARS UNNUMBERED
YOU WILL SHED AND DWELL IN PAIN

Why wasnt Galadriel in the final battle?

It sort of reminds me of the white canvas analogy when it comes to race mixing with white canvases when painted on cannot be undone while too many colours can muddy it and brown it, make it ugly.

She was packing her bags for spring break

Why wouldn't I be honest? favourite band, great live

The fate of us all lies deep in the dark
When time stands still at the iron hill
The fate of us all lies deep in the dark
When time stands still at the iron hill

Why was galadriel almost useless in LOTR when she really kicked ass?

>ooh it's bad and we have to do something
>not me though you do it
classic elven behaviour

What was his fucking problem anyway?

yes. it was only revealed that sauron was back after gandalf himself saw him in the hobbit.

This will always be the greatest edit of this comic.

I laugh every time, it's fucking perfect.

>All symbolism and imagery is allegory
Allegory means that a fictional story is meant to represent historical or current events/people.
Making a story that uses Christian imagery or values is not allegory, unless your literature teacher was a dip shit. (Which with the salaries they get, wouldn't be a surprise.)

Tolkien knew the difference.

Because Tom isn't actually inside the book

So can someone explain to me what made some faggots so powerful? Ie saruman, gandalf, galadriel etc

They're basically angels or demigods

what

It's how they are

Saruman and Gandalf are toned down versions of their true nature. They took human form just to hang out in ME. They are divine basically and are not given power so much as a cap on what they can do while on ME.

Galadriel is the result of breeding basically. Not just an elf, she's a very old one and she's from a great stock.

Why did Frodo believe that a volcano fire can destroy the ring when the fire from his chimney couldn't?

He knew.

Because he was told so by Gandalf. And later on, Elrond.

It's like being called a cool cat by Sinatra.

The ring was made there. If the lava could melt the metal to forge the ring once, it can melt it again.

But does she riverdance?

come on guys it's obvious that he's trolling.

maybe

>when eat something other than rocks, you're basically eating highly evolved cum

Oh don't tease me user

I moved places
Don't have the picture anymore

Eh, you'd be surprised. These LOTR threads usually have people asking stuff they wouldn't ask someplace else.

so how OP was Gandalf?

Not very.

Very

aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAA

it varies

don't listen to that other guy he's a faggot

Nu huh, the other guy is the faggot

in Battle for Middle Earth he's by far the most OP unit. He can clear out entire armies on his own

>How come the earth isn't overpopulated with them?

because theyre autistic and never have sex

>YOU CANNOT RUN
>YOU CANNOT HIDE THE SIMARILS
>THERE LIGHT BELONGS TO ME

That album is a treasure and I remember looking up eaverything it talked about to make it make more sense.

Oh what a shame

You faggots will complain about everything. It was a cool effect and made her look powerful.

It looked really stupid in the hobbit, WAAAAAAAAAAAY too overblown CGI

>that game
Fuck that brings back some comfy memories. I got it for Christmas as a kid.

I'd sex galadriel anyday
She'd give me elf bread to keep up with the sex marathon

>Making filthy half breeds from this glorious race of elves who possess superior intelligence and fighting capabilities

You disgust me, men really are selfish and weak

Elrond himself is a halfie you dipshit

Nùmenoreans were not filthy subhumans like you though

Oh i'm sorry Celeborn
Is this a picture of your wife with a unwashed hobbit?

I tell you, men and hobbits are nothing alike, your hatred is misguided

Wasn't Sauron a unit in that game? shouldn't he have been way, way more overpowered than anybody else?

I got it

I just wanted to let you know

I dont know if anyone else got it

>Wasn't Sauron a unit in that game
wut, no. There were Nazgul and the Balrog

Uh the men of Gondor and Rohan are honorable fighting men who have been protecting Middle Earth for a thousand years ok? THat's not "subhuman." "Subhuman" is abandoning your responspibilities to go play in the woods with squirrels and shit

>this triggers the númenórean

Yes he was, could make half an unit fly in one hit of his mace

I think Sauron was in BfMEII. Also, Tom Bombadil.

Half elves are elves in pretty much every way. Those superior genes.

thanks senpai

This is retarded. Tom Bombadil is a jolly nature spirit, not some Lovecraftian abomination. Why do nerds try to make nice things edgy?

>no fun allowed

There are no genes finer than those possessed by the Lady of Lothlorien, you shall not muddy up the lineage with your subhuman genes

>listening to this now
This is fucking sick.

And yet he was his right hand and the only one to do anything after Melkor was banished.

Because his context is if nothing else mysterious and doesn't add up. At mildest, he's actually very wise and/or powerful and only acts silly to not overwhelm the simple hobbits. At extremes though, since his overt definition is left so vague, he could possibly be much, much more malicious than at first glance.

All that or he was just a short part Tolkein threw in to read to his kids. Honestly it's probably that.

youtube.com/watch?v=fIG8FcZKXso
>tfw

>this is a creature in the Tolkien universe

That picture is exaggerated. He was big but not the size of a mountain. Probably the size of building

It was literally mentioned "he was the size of a mountain"

yeah that flying dingy dude was stupid as fuck tbqh

>He was big but not the size of a mountain.

He did break the tips of 3 gigantic mountains when falling

What the fuck?

When Ancalagon the Black died, he was cast upon the three volcanic mountains you can see in pic related, and he crushed all of them under himself.

That's how big he was.

this

Tolkien is a great writer, but he isn't that subtle.

>Died

How could that POSSIBLY even happen

He's canonically not explained but it's so that there is still mystery in the world making it more inticing. Like Ungoliants creation, and the nameless things under moria

Glaurung is all sorts of wrong in that chart, so the chart itself is rubbish even though Ancalagon probably was pretty large.

well meme'd
upboat

I dont think you know how maps work

that sounds like a retarded analogy because the point of a canvas is to be painted upon

Copious amounts of magic and righteous fevour on behalf of his enemies?

We need to go bigger

>During the War of Wrath, Eärendil came out of the west in his boat Vingilot, accompanied by the Eagles of Manwë led by Thorondor; and they and Eärendil dueled with Ancalagon and the other Dragons for an entire day. Eventually, Eärendil was victorious, throwing Ancalagon upon Thangorodrim and destroying its towers. The fall of Ancalagon marked the end of Morgoth's final resistance.

If he is a dragon he breathes fire and due to the size of that fucking thing he could incinerate cities in seconds

That's pretty cool.

This is the only canon scale you fags.

Also the destruction he caused upon death isn't much of an arguement, as small entities caused much damage when they died (see: Durin's Bane).

How did such a being come into existence?

back to 9fag with you

fuck that scene, I still have trouble watching it

>via 9gag

Even if that's only supposed to be an icon of what Thagorodrim looks like and it's not to scale (though let's not forget that in that case, it would be the only such place on the entire map) it still shows that they were 3 separate volcanoes, and even if they are smaller, that's still 3 mountain peaks Ancalagon's back smashed simultaneously, which is no small feat.

Smaug really was a wimp.

Fitting for dwarven jews.

>captcha: gite

When will dragonlets learn

And even the orcs creation, he gave like >3 different explanations

>my 9gag pic is legit
you utter retard

Yikes

There is no canon scale, no size was ever mentioned, just a glorified description of his death and the consequences.

>Tom Bombadil's forest/country is the 2nd most dangerous place
>what is mirkwood
>what is moria
>what is the path of the dead
>what is cirith ungol

the only part that kind of makes sense is how come the elves only know his name and another name at that because the hobbits not knowing him is just natural as they saw the old forest as dangerous so why'd they even venture deeper than its outskirts

He mentions Moria, he mentions Mirkwood and so on.

yes and his reasoning as to why moria and mirkwood are less dangerous than old forest is weak. the fellowship can pass through it unharmed but moria? they lost gandalf

they might possibly lose everyone in cirith ungol and mirkwood too not just gandalf.

CU yes, MW no. They have Legolas.

Aw fuck, I always get teary eyed at Sam's speech.

Someone please post the webm of Bombadil entering a battle and just dancing around infecting every motherfucker with dance to the tune of Safety Dance by Men Without Hats.

>Not to mention the two named elves that killed Balrogs.

Not just Balrogs but the fucking Lord of the Balrogs.

>Lord of the Balrogs
Do I smell a follow-up trilogy?

Cause fredo broke his heart...

Naw man, it happened waaaay before that

Aw shit, I just realized
Nevermind me

Did you even watch the same movie? Gandalf literally says he could put on the ring and smash mordor in an instant, but would turn into an even worse Sauron eventually. The ring isn't dangerous because of its power, its dangerous because its very nature corrupts

>m'lday
Saruman confirmed for white-knighting neckbeard

you can tell this whole sequence was something Jackson had been thinking about and wanting to make since LOTR was released

im going to call your troll

in the movies he was....if you read the book you would know he was a bad ass necromancer

Were you on elf dust?

lmao what the FUCK was that scene

i hope everyone on here realizes that the necromancer is sauron.......

Yeah, it definitely works better if you envision Sauron as some kind of incorperal being. As far as I'm aware the book only referee to the Eye, in an ambiguous sense. I know some interpretations have Sauron as physical and some as just his spirit

yes i have heard about this.....i have started seeing the word bump come up on facebook comments now.......

No need to state the obvious user...

That's what I got even from the movie too, Sauron gets his physical form destroyed by isildur, then spends 3 thousand years slowly regaining his powers while using the eye to watch his enemies

To what purpose?

>‘That would be Minas Ithil that Isildur the son of Elendil built,’ said Frodo. ‘It was Isildur who cut off the finger of the Enemy.’
>‘Yes, He has only four on the Black Hand, but they are enough,’ said Gollum shuddering. ‘And He hated Isildur’s city.’

I stand corrected

I totally forgot Sauron tortures Gollum personally

He's seen some shit

Noldor scum, you're not welcome here

Not really. Sauron was the seconds most powerful. He could kick the ass of pretty much everything that Melkor could