What the fuck was his problem?

What the fuck was his problem?

He did nothing wrong.

Psychopathy?

Was Marlo & his crew suppose to really represent the New School of up & coming thugs in ghetto Baltimore, or was he a representation of what the old school THOUGHT the new school was like? (ruthless, unreasonable, wild)

>muh name

He just couldn't act.

he was a representation of what fills the hole when you create a power vacuum by arresting existing leaders in the drug dealing community

Good question. I'd say he didn't have any connection to the old days or a system of honor.

The first generation of gangs came from some decency and settled things with their fists. The generation after (Avon), were more ruthless and used guns but still had some respect for rivals (prop Joe). Marlo is what happens when the young are neglected and have no strong authority figures in their life--their reputation on the street is the only thing that matters, not the community.

In reality of course, while the Wire was airing and in the years afterwards murders and violence declined in Baltimore, spiking up hugely in 2015 because of the Freddie Gray case, and receding again this year. And Baltimore itself was an outlier for how long it took for violence to start dropping, with most major cities in the US seeing drastic dropoffs beginning in the mid 90s.

He was purposefully misportrayed for over a season just for effect. Kinda stupid desu now that I think about it.

Fuck them East Side bitches.

>Mfw he was in that new show quarry, but then died in like the first episode

New episode tomorrow!

y'erd

Democrats.

Can you imagine Marlo and Prop Joe hosting a friendly basketball game together?

Avon and Stringer were gentlemen compared to the animal that was Marlo

that angered me too

looking forward to new quarry though, want to see how they're going to fuck up the one legged clam man

It's a shame Marlo's actor will forever be typecast in gangsta nigga roles because of The Wire

On a sunday morning?

>nobody jukes the stats
>everybody reports murders and violence

k

Obviously he hated black people. In the finale they show him at this white social gathering and he's on cloud nine, smiling and laughing, happy to be there. Then he leaves and sees a couple of negroids selling drugs, fucks them up, and walks away with the biggest smile of pure delight.

so he was white people's guardian angel?

NAGGERS!

Dude is really fucking good in bosch.

He was an aloof Uncle Ruckus

Look the part be the part, motherfucker

What up Black

Nah, he was just missing the street life bruh

Being a closet faggot

he was just a psychopathic drug dealer. he didnt 'represent' anything other than the fact that some drug dealers are less full of shit than others.

no it isn't, he's a bad actor

he's not though

tell me where the rest of the wire's cast is, and compare them to the work he's gotten

he's not bad, but he isn't very good either

His fucking plot armor.

He was climbing the ranks too rapidly and making too many enemies too fast not to have been aired the fuck out early on. He had no respect for the people who had been in the game for years and with those types of established ego's he woulda had a short lifespan.

MUH NAME

it is amazing how red pilled that show was, the (((jew))) lawyer wins. And everyone else pretty much loses.

It was autism

All he cared about was street rep. He did all the things he did bevause he wanted everyone to fear and respect him. He had no code, no honour, he just wanted to be the guy everyone was afraid of.

He's great as a cop in Bosch

He had muscle.

he was a straight up punk.

>t.wants it to be one way, but it's the other

What was his endgame?

being governor

is he? he doesnt do much apart from move the plot along for Harry

Getting a feather in his cap

Catching a big guy

he was just an example of the state of modern niggers

I like how even in the end, he didn't truly win. The guys he accosted in the street were telling tall tales of Omar; they didn't even recognize Marlo. Marlo can't resist being on top, meaning that plea agreement will go out the window and he'll end up in prison.

THE OTHER WAY

after being Governator becoming a CIA Agent

He wanted to climb the ranks to governor and eventually president so he could reform the institutional problems in the CIA that lead to the death of his dear brother Bill.

Avon was weak as fuck after Mcnutty and Freemon wreak his shit in S1 and S2

>what was the major plotline in S3 where Avon wants Marlo dead as soon as he hears about what he's done

Near the end of S3 when Avon got arrested the second time, he and his crew, armed with grenades and automatic weapons, were literally just about to go pay Marlo a visit. Marlo just got lucky the cops didn't arrive 5 minutes later.

It was Stringer's lack of interest in gangbanging that allowed Marlo to get his operations running without being harassed.

>In the finale they show him at this white social gathering and he's on cloud nine, smiling and laughing, happy to be there

no he isn't, he feels completely out of place and leaves right away

dat nigga name would have rang out if stringer hadn't snitched when he was ready for war with grenades and shit.

crashing this police department, with no overtime

Frank did nothing wrong.

except turning a blind eye on the greek that could have been smuggling weapons of mass destruction and muslims into USA

muh corners: the show
s2 spinoff when

He was trying to bring in money and work for his people to lobby for an expansion to the dock. He did what he had to do.

I was disappointed we never got to see a scene where Ziggy met Avon or Bird in jail. Would have been very kekworthy to see how he managed in the clink.

>giving money to some lazy fucks in the docks is more important than the national security

Frank was dinosaur and the dock workers ask too much for job even a monkey could make yet they still stole a lot of shit

His drug trade was the end, not the mean. He wanted his time "on the throne" rather than have money in his bank account.

>I shape my opinions from tv and movies: the post

shut the fuck up rightwinger, he's right; that's why in the end, the opposition for head of the union withdraws willingly from the elections by taking down his own flyer.

I always saw Marlo and his crew as the next step in the evolution of street boss. He's younger, smarter, and wise to lessons the older generation had to learn the hard way.

Notice how he bests the Barksdale crew at almost every turn?

It's the reason he claims the streets and Barksdale sits in jail- survival of the fittest.

One day a new young and ambitious person will best Marlo, it's just a matter of time.

>the opposition for head of the union
thats another lazy fuck like Sobotka, I'm so fucking glad robots took the jobs of all those criminals

fuck Frank fuck his union and fuck his pier