What went so horribly wrong?

What went so horribly wrong?

Eisenberg

The bandwagon meme.

Nothing. The ultimate cut is a great movie.

Poor script
Poor direction
Only a handful of good performances

Tried to be three movies at once and the overall structure suffers because of it
Decent thematic buildup for a dumb resolution and cgi shitfest
Villain was shit and never a threat

The script, the story and the characters in general.
The action was not bad. Snyder just managed to have a script that was too dumb even for capeshit.

Everyone who says he's doing a bad Joker impersonation is right. He does a lot of nonsensical rambling and pointless "quirky" shit. He doesn't come anywhere close to a coherent portrayal of Luthor.

I think youre on to something

>Who cares if my husband had an army of sex slaves in his rape dungeon, he was my boys father so he deserved to live!

why would anyone watch that

Hack Snyder happened

The worst casting I have ever seen in any film from the 21st century.

Affleck is a horrible Batman.

Kikenberg is fucking laughable and """"lex luthor"""" felt like a nerdy high-tech evil mark zuckerbetg. Considering he played Kuckerberg in The Social Network the comparison is even more apt.

Cavill is so mediocre.

At least the new Pennyworth was decent.

And while this isn't the movies fault, Metropolis and Gotham City were originally hundreds of miles apart.

Why are DC movies getting "fixed" later on with additional content for home releases but theatrical ones get thrown onto a chopping board run by executives?
Whose bright idea was this?
Every time I see someone defending the "ultimate" "definitive" or any of those bullshit alternate cuts I just wonder how we got here

>And while this isn't the movies fault, Metropolis and Gotham City were originally hundreds of miles apart.

When they showed the bat signal as being visible from Metropolis, I sperged out.

Why the fuck was the "funeral" scene so drawn out and corny? I was chucking in the theater because it was so ridiculous. The Superman engraving on the coffin was cringe.

Snyder

It was designed first and foremost as a cash grab. The plot and writing were an afterthought

I TRIED SO HARD

I'm starting to believe these movies are actually subliminal parodies of the superhero genre.

While I definitely understand this comparison, I don't think it's completely apt. Eisenberg was playing a very specific, very different version of Lex than we're used to seeing, but that doesn't make him simply "the Riddler/Joker". There's actually precedent for this quirky, psychotic version of Lex Luthor in the comic books. Check out "Birthright" for a classic example. Or any of the golden age/silver age comics where Lex is portrayed as a "mad scientist". This version seems to combine various different depictions of Lex into a version that also feels suited for the times, with him being a younger, nerdy tech billionaire. If you don't like that version, that's of course totally fine and your own personal tastes. But it doesn't mean his Lex is unfaithful to the source material.

Trolling happens.

just pretend they don't exist

at least the memes are funny

I liked it, it was way better than Civil War.

I'd say it is the movie's fault for taking metropolis (new york) and gotham (detroit) and turning them into, manhattan and brooklyn.

that hypothesis is contingent upon zack snyder being capable of cogent thought.

To say, hes not parodying or satirizing, hes dead serious with this shit.

>zack snyder isn't the first reply

._.

This shits been running so long with so many different writers they could find precedent for literally anything considering all the drastic thematic changes all the characters have gone through.

So understand people don't actually care about faithfulness to the shitty and rightfully forgotten arcs where batman was a twink and robin was a big tough burley woman and lex luthor injected kryptonite into his cock to rape superman. Understand that people see directly to why lex luthor was young, hip, and walking around spouting philosophy as mangled by a 14 year old who's only read wikipedia.

why would you screencap and post your own tweets?

Ain't my tweet, movie dude on twitter. I just think it's a really good comparison.

Why do we keep having this thread? We've answered it every time, there's no new discussion.

Nothing. It's great.

because negative criticism is fun to write and fun to read

>in short : understand plebs with their false opinion
OK.

>
>>Who cares if my husband had an army of sex slaves in his rape dungeon, he was my boys father so he deserved to live!

The movie.

No.

Theatrical cut - Jew Producers got too involved, balked at a 3 hour superhero movie that had a lot of build up/dialogue instead of action, so made their own discombobulated cut

Ultimate Cut - Nothing wrong with it. Actually makes Superman a decent character

Eisenberg was a pleb filter, best part of the flick

You have nothing of substance to validate this claim.

He made me laugh everytime he was talking

the only argument against him is 'muh comics'

Strawman
He was a nervous wreck that meant no threat whatsoever and his plan required a ridiculous amount of foresight with enough coincidences to render itself nonsensical, if you find that funny we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Literally everything. It fails at basic filmmaking.

The script is an incoherent mess, featuring things like nightmare visions within flashforwards or characters like Lois that add literally nothing to the story and in fact hinder it just by needing something to do. Snyder, like with all his movies, instructs everyone to be monotone as possible. Most of the movie is genuinely miscast. Gadot can't act. Eisenberg is all over the place. You have pointless subplots all over the place and multiple characters are given multiple motivations, but they're all paper thin motivations. You have scenes interrupted with moments that make the said scene now pointless, for example Superman stopping the Batmobile and not even bothering with all those criminals that are either dead or should be in jail anyway.

Not to mention this movie has hands down the single worst fight scenes of any Snyder movie. Look at how slow and weightless everything looks here. Its the sole redeeming thing about him and he doesn't even pull it off, with a fight scene that barely takes up the 2.5 to 3 hours of this movie despite literally being the title and its still stupid because Batman uses kryptonite weapons and guns, but not kryptonite bullets all so Snyder can have student film tier symbolism with a spear.

Fuck Cred Forums for its contrarian memeing of this piece of shit.

>weightless

The most incorrect opinion I've ever seen about BvS. BvS sucked but the fights certainly never felt weightless. That webm you posted is better than literally every single fight in any Marvel movie. Marvel movies on the whole are better but the fights in BvS and Man of Steel are far and away better than anything in Marvelshit.

Holy fuck you're a moron

>getting this angry because people like the film
how old you are?

trying to do in one movie what Marvel did with 5-6

>Holy fuck you're a moron

The most >>>/reddit/ phrase in existence. Have fun over there, big boy.

It triggered marlel numales too hard

You posted that webm as a proof of the film being worse than Marvel? Because there is nothing that good in the MCU

Goyer is hack who needs someone to make his writing look and sound good.
Snyder is a fraud who can construct a good-looking picture here and there, and this is where his talent ends.

>who needs someone to make his writing look and sound good, and make sense
fix.

BvS wasn't Goyer's script, it was Terrio. All what remains from Goyer in BvS is just story.

No wonder that plebs didn't understand Oscar-tier scenario.

That's like saying Drive is terrible because he drives for about 10 minutes. Also there was no reason to post the webm

this

nice b8

triggered samefag

>xD im gonna base my opinion on a tomato site

Not enough Batman VS Superman

Your taste.

Tried to be too many things at once while shoehorning in too many characters, it literally should have been Superman vs Lex with Lex turning Zod into Bizarro instead of Doomsday

DCucks