/lbg/

Letterboxd thread: post profiles and discuss what you have watched recently:

QOTD: which is better, having sex with the girl you love or watching a really good movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/white_water/
letterboxd.com/nuts/
letterboxd.com/hugo/
letterboxd.com/breadsword/
reddit.com/user/white_water/
letterboxd.com/psychologisthd/film/the-dark-knight-rises/1/
letterboxd.com/miranna/film/san-andreas/
letterboxd.com/brenx923/
letterboxd.com/horrormaster34/
letterboxd.com/ciaociao/
letterboxd.com/machill54/
letterboxd.com/AnvilVapre/
letterboxd.com/karlmalden/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i have to say that transformers: dark of the moon is the greatest film of the decade

which is better, having sex with the movie you love or watching a really good girl?

Watching a good movie. Eventually the memory of the sex will fade or be tainted by a bad breakup/bad relationship.

And you can watch the movie again.

what if you record the good sex and make it into a really good movie?

Undisputed 3 is top tier Adkinskino. So hyped for IV now.

tfw I've probably seen all the good Scott Adkins movies now

letterboxd.com/white_water/

white_water = embryo

thanks for this insightful post

have you guys actually seen a pic of sally jane black? jesus christ, almost makes me feel sorry for xyr

the facebook pic has been posted several times here fàm

oh, i don't come here very often

It's not that weird that Scott didn't have a career, he is charisma vacuum and can't act, but I wish Michael White had a bigger career.

desu I think acting wise Adkins is fine. He's not as charismatic as Van Damme or Stallone but when he gets to play a more over the top character like Boyka he's very entertaining to watch. In most of his other roles his characters are kinda boring so he doesn't get to do much outside the action scenes.

Adkins most definitely should have a bigger career and I don't think him being stuck in DTV is due to the lack of skill, but because of the death of the mid budget, those 80/90's style action hero movies just don't get made on that scale anymore (outside Statham), the budgets the tighter and the shooting schedules shorter . Pretty sure Undisputed 3, Day of Reckoning and Ninja Shadow of a Tear are the only Adkinskinos where he got to shoot for like 6 weeks (for comparison the super cheap ones like Hard Target 2 that are shot in like 18 days) and really make sure the action scenes are good, and surprise those are the best of his movies.

it's kinda sad his prime years are probably over now (he's 40) he was basically in his prime in Undisputed 3 but that was basically his break in movie and it's still just a DTV sequel nobody but hardcore action fans watched. But then again, Donnie Yen is like 50 and he's still kicking ass, action stars tend to have pretty long careers, even if they do their best work in their 30's

also Adkins has basically never got to work with a good director outside Florentine (he's only a good action director tho) and Hyams. He's friends with Gareth Evans so I'm hopeful he'll put Scott in a movie at some point, if he's still doing Blister I'm like 90 % sure Adkins is gonna be in that

sorry for the wall of text I'm very passionate about shitty action movies Adkins is based I hope Doc Strange is a huge career boost for him.

letterboxd.com/nuts/

He was fine as Boyka but that's about the only role where I felt that he fit and was good at portraying and lets be honest it wasn't much of a role to act, Just grunt and speak with Russian accent, lel. Oh, and yeah Day of Reckoning was a good film.

Statham's filmography is rather entertaining and good. Liked Wild Card a lot from this year, I think I've seen every film he has done so far. I just accidentally watched them over the course of few weekends. I actually think he is a good actor, he was really good (well the entire cast was) in London (the film) which I highly rec. Probably one of my favorite actors, really.

Scott in Gareth film would be really nice.
>sorry for wall of text.
No problem, rarely see people who enjoy Scott, Statham etc.

I guess you dug SPL2 a lot?

letterboxd.com/hugo/

Holy fuck Memories of Murder was good. Definitely going to give it a rewatch in the next couple of days

yea I love Statham. For some reason he has a reputation of being a "bad actor" which I don't get at all, I have never seen a bad performance from him or him phoning it in. He's a much better actor than most of the legendary action heroes desu. He elevates a lot of mediocre movies and like Adkins he really cares about the quality of his action scenes. They had a fight in Expendables 2 that got absolutely fucked when the producers only gave them one day to shoot it and spent like 3 days shooting a tennis player cameo that didn't even end up in the final movie.

loved SPL 2, in my top ten of the year for sure. Tony Jaa just posted he's doing another movie with Wilson Yip for 2017 and I'm pretty sure Iko Uwais is gonna be in it.

pic related has a good Statham performance

You should check out London if you haven't, drama Statham is legit as fuck. Also quite amazing at physical comedy.

watchlisted, thx. never even heard of this.

Probably with Bank Job & Revolver my favorite Statham (and the best)

Hmm, I forgot Snatch so London, Snatch and the Bank Job with Revolver in 4th

you guys are faggots

Shut the fuck up when DTV connoisseurs are chatting

Most people here haven't done either.

should i watch blacula or black mass of the nazi sex wizard

>black mass of the nazi sex wizard
this definitely based on its based title

Watch a good movie instead.

why not both

Revolver is literally the worst film i have ever seen

ok.

get owned idiot

probably showing Swiss Army Man to my mates today. first time I watched it I teared up like 3 times so watching it with my friends should be interesting.

If they didn't already know you were gay, they will when you burst into tears over a movie about a man who wants to fuck another man in drag.

Post it, please

Never mind, I Googled it. Gone to rinse my eyes out with bleach

>I showed this to five friends.
>Two left the room 10 minutes in to play GTA 5.
>One fell asleep.
>One was frustrated and confused.
>One was blown away and couldn't stop talking about it.
>Ah, the wonders of being a film-geek in this modern society.

What movie is this?

Problem Child 2

I like the two that left to play GTA V, good taste.

it's such a beautiful day

FILM-GEEK SPOTTED!!!

YOU GOT IT RIGHT

I really liked the final confrontation in My bloody valentine. Too bad the rest of the film was just mediocre

Carol?

>Samurai Rebellion

Not sure if serious

letterboxd.com/breadsword/

Re-watched Reservoir Dogs and Eyes Wide Shut recently, probably gonna get through some more of these Kurosawa films I've got downloaded soon. Also looking to watch Hunt for the Wilderpeople very soon. Thorboy looks like he made a genuinely charming film.

could be literally any movie on the sight and sound poll

oh cool i got it right

as the guy who got it right: i'd like to say the kids who fell asleep and played GTA have good taste.

OK, you're definitely not a film-geek anymore. Begone, fool.

*toasts tub of popcorn*
Us film geeks are a trendy bunch.

Are you trying to take the piss? Films are my life. I live for this shit.

It's not too late to reconsider.

Reminder that white_water is a hugely active redditor

reddit.com/user/white_water/

>a couple of americans were being fat near me today at the airport
awful

wow man, a person that likes to discuss films in the el bee gee?`definitely going to my favorites rn

Which should come to no surprise, really. The horde of embryos keeps spreading its poison in this place

>embryos
shit meme

stop forcing it

t. hurt embryo

t. retard who just got a karagarga invite and thinks he's the shit now

holy shit yikes

i think the site has reached peak autism

letterboxd.com/psychologisthd/film/the-dark-knight-rises/1/

can I have KG invite too

haydn is such an epic memester xddd

t. drunk embryo, it seems

t. miranna

come to the discord you tease

>le discord
>le irc

Why does miranna hate burgers?

Wow rude

what did the letterboxd mods mean by this?

letterboxd.com/miranna/film/san-andreas/

god tier review tbqh

>to my cisgender friends

Need to shave a little closer than that, dear.

CENSOR THAT SHIT HOLY FUCK

*SJWboxd, shitlord

Why is the shelf empty ?

my "recent activity" isn't showing up, just my recent likes, what am I doing wrong?

Some people should just get shot and buried in the woods

specify the date when you log the movie

you used to call me on my BELphone

Is this the real life?

Is this just fantasy?

letterboxd.com/brenx923/

85% of people who have

What are some of your favorite french absurd/surrealist movies?

I have good news for you my man

One of your favorite films is the dark knight, that means that you have barely watched any good films in your life if that piece of shit is one of your favs.

You have literally thousands of amazing films to look forward to. CONGRATULATIONS!

Transformers

*tips fedora*

The Dark Knight is a great film, babyhater

Which one of these should i watch tonight?

>Hana-bi
>Kurutta ippêji
>Tenebre

A page of madness

It's decided

>the current state of /lbg/

It's an easy consensus of anybody who isn't a hipsterfag contrarian about the status of The Dark Knight as quality cinema.
Nolan haters are so childish.

It's a terrible film on literally every level

wahoo tickled leaked online

going to 'netflix and machill' and watch it

letterboxd.com/horrormaster34/

>Rate. Hate. Follow.

Will follow anybody that follows me. Yes, I rate hard as balls and rarely give out 5* ratings.

First time it was kind of funny, now it's just autistic and cringe

problem boxbro? Just posting my profile for others to check out. Not sure why you're so mad.

You must have soft balls then.

>The Dark Knight in favorites
>The Force Awakens
>4 stars

letterboxd.com/ciaociao/

need some horror movie recommendations

should I use this or flickchart?

>.5* for Cujo
>1.5* for The Exorcist
>2* for The Thing remake
What the fuck do you like then?

Use any alternative to this. Anything but this.

Dude, I only made a ltb to be with my Cred Forums bros.

letterboxd.com/machill54/

wahoo

I shit on machill

That's really rude of you too do

I hate it

Based

I shill on machit

faggot

What did it mean by this? Spooky

letterboxd.com/AnvilVapre/
Departures or A Bittersweet Life, which one would you recommend next ?

Do you want to cry or say motherfucker this fucking film?

But in tone with what you've been watching, Departures would be the next logical one.

>Hotarubi no Mori e
>3.5*
muh nigga

>Jason X
>1.5*
It's better than Jason Takes Manhattan & The Final Friday.

WHAT A COMPLETE USELESS MOUTHBREATHING MOTHERFUCKER FAGGOT NIGGER CUNT PUSSY BITCH SON OF A FUCKING WHORE PIECE OF SHIT CHINK RRRREEEEEEEEEE

*pbbbbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt*

What the fuck I hate Tsai now

MELANCHOLIA BY LARS TRIER FILM JUST SEEN PART 1 THEN PART 2 MELANCHOLIA SEEN MOVIE BY LARS TRIER MOVIE DOWNLOAD HERE DURATION 2 HOURS AND SOME MORE COMMENTARY AVALIABLE ON RUTRACKER! ! !

i dont think you find it i only get dupes when i look for it

real melancholia question time for smart people - if an asteroid comes to earth like this: yahoo time to do a crashy crash would we evaporate in an instant when it approaches or would be burn like hot pancakes suffering for a while?

It depends

on its speed? do you know which one is more probably based on the speed of asteroids that pass around here? and alternatively -SPOILER- on the film the asteroid comes and freezes the atmosphere, why???

i need GC back bros, i'm getting desperate for more trash to watch.

letterboxd.com/karlmalden/

uhhh... yeah?

Picked up Posse. Thanks mate.

ah, hope ya like it more than i did

Are you the user who's been keeping us updated with news of cg?

no, i don't frequent these threads much anymore. i did manager to login for all of 5 seconds today before it crashed again. but i am seeding some stuff so that's a good sign i suppose.

Ah ok. Yeah it still has issues but they'll soon be fixed I'm sure. Hope the halloween freeleech is still on.

what site?

nosaj why did you only give exodus: gods and kings 1/5

lb is on the ritz again

Yeah Warcraft was shit