Documentary

Took a break from watching stuff like Room 237, Side by Side, Jodorowsky’s Dune, Hearts of Darkness ect. and it was a nice change of pace. How can they still hold a mammal in captivity (and use it for breeding) that killed three people is still beyond me.

because like most documentaries its overwhelmingly bullshit.

Didnt even need to read up on the criticism to see the gaping jumps in logic the makers of this made.

Gorilla goes near a child - kill it.

Killer whale kills 2 adults - fuck it let a third one swim with it

It's purely the money aspect. Zoos make less money than these weird half theme park spectacle events.

>crazy man dead and naked in the enclosure
>teeth marks everywhere and genitals bitten off
>lol guys he just drowned no big deal

I guess they don’t call them killer whales for nothing.

Some things are blown out of proportion like lifespan in captivity and in the wild but otherwise their facts are solid.

it was manipulative garbage. "Here have some anecdotes on how we used to hunt these animals, it has nothing to do with this particular case but hey"
"there was some stranger swimming in the fish tank and he died! make of this what you will"

Why do white societies like to show off animals as prizes? It's the opposite of what a supposedly superior race would do.

Well it obviously convinced Sea World because they are going to stop breeding orcas and this generation will be the last they keep captive

Is this some new epic memay?

no. i just don't see how white societies create such beautiful civilizations but yet at the same time create things so disgusting such as zoos.

As opposed to other civilizations? There are zoos in china or india you fucking hippie.

And dont get me started on how they treat wild animals in africa outside of internationally funded resorts.

And those "disgusting" white mans zoos all help with funding those resorts as well.

so you want to compare white societies to china and india? why?

it goes without saying that those countries are worse.

There is nothing wrong with keeping animals captive if they get treated well.

This notion comes from romanticizing nature and humanizing animals.

yes there is. they should be in their natural habitat and not on display for human entertainment.

They die and struggle in their natural habitat, they got it better in captivity.

It is if you break up the animals natural behavior. Keeping a sloth in a cage is alright as long as you care for it properly, but Killer whales naturally swim hundreds of miles across the vast ocean. Keeping them in a little pool is fucked up.

well if the porpoise is to increase an endangered species numbers then release them into the wild. other than that it's cruelty. hitler would not be proud

They pass a rule the other day about you can't have blackfishes anymore in ocean parks in Commiefornia.

As i said, "treated well".

Keeping whales that would just starve in freedom is humane though.

Killer Whales are more whiter than Gorillas.

This is racism.

Whats cruel about it? You just assume animals have a sense of freedom comparable to man.

well it's cruel for animals who are self aware such as orangutans, elephants, dolphins etc.

it probably feels like prison to them.

You are just humanizing them. They dont have the sense of self and concept of the future needed to grasp the idea of captivity.

They just enjoy their easy carefree life and easy food. You can tell if animals are unhappy and mistreated.

how can you tell if you can't communicate with them? we've only just learned dolphins converse with each other like humans

i get what you're saying though that most animals are too dumb to know the difference but some can experience pain and loneliness

bad comparison

the gorilla was killed in order to save the kid's life

the killer whale had already killed the people so killing it wouldn't do anything

just stop it from doing shows

it's a case by case scenario depending on the species and the individual animal, and you're only proving how dumb you are by saying over generalizing statements

you've proved how dumb you are by generalizing all animals as the same.

i bet you think black people are equal to whites too.

Because the public freaked out, as it does on a regular basis because of whatever nonsense i being spewed that month.

I imagine they'll start breeding them as soon as they start worrying about their revenue stream drying up.

>They dont have the sense of self and concept of the future needed to grasp the idea of captivity.

They certainly do, animals aren't robots. Animals in captivity literally go crazy, as do humans in captivity.

Black people yes, niggers? No.

OP here. Beats me, there is plenty to do besides watching enclosed animals but to say it is better for them to be in the wild is negotiable. Those safari things where you go and see them in a caged car would work for me just fine.

lefties actually believe this

This is quality shitposting.

Not at all.

It’s fine considering the topic.

Imagine how it would look like if PETA directed it.

A majority of those people in the video never worked with the orca in question nor were they even with the company when the incidents occured

Maybe Seaworld didn’t allow them to give interviews.