Superheroes Dethrone Princesses as Most Popular Kids’ Halloween Costume

>Kids are trading in their tiaras for capes this Halloween. Superhero costumes will be this year’s most popular Halloween getup among children, dethroning the princess costume that reigned for 11 years, according to the National Retail Federation.

>A survey of 6,791 customers about their Halloween plans found that many children plan to dress up as superheroes, followed by princesses and animals. According to the survey, Batman characters (including the Caped Crusader, Harley Quinn and the Joker) were the most popular costume among adults this year, thanks to popularity of movies like Batman v. Superman and Suicide Squad. In total, the NRF estimated about 3 million kids will play superhero on Oct. 31.

time.com/4510616/most-popular-halloween-costume-superhero-princess/

How can Disney and Marvel compete?

>Halloween stores are already seeing an uptick in superhero costume sales over last year. “There’s definitely been an increase in superhero costumes in general,” says Riley Walsh, a sales associate at New York Costumers in New York City’s East Village neighborhood. “The thing that’s making it go up for women is Harley Quinn. At least once a day we’re selling Harley Quinn costumes, and it’s not even October yet.”

>Other costume purveyors say they cannot keep up with the demand for Harley Quinn’s iconic pigtails and mallet. “Harley Quinn is in such big demand, they can’t make enough,” says Ursula Boschet, owner of Ursula’s Costumes in Santa Monica, California.

>Most Harley Quinn costumer buyers are adult women—Suicide Squad was rated PG-13, and Harley Quinn has a not-so-PG backstory—though some young girls are seeking out extra-small sizes in the adult outfit. Boschet notes that in general, Frozen‘s princesses seem to have fallen by the wayside in favor of the new fantasy de jour: zombies. “Frozen is not that popular anymore,” she says. “Everything is zombies now. Zombies this, zombies that. It’s ridiculous.”

>This change comes three years after Frozen’s empowered princesses broke box office records and became the go-to Halloween costume for kids, along with popular Disney princesses like Aladdin‘s Jasmine and The Little Mermaid. Though Disney scored commercial hits with Zootopia, Finding Dory and The Jungle Book this year, the box office was dominated by superhero movies, including Captain America: Civil War, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Deadpool, Suicide Squad and X-Men: Apocalypse, offering children a plethora of options when it comes to tights and capes.

I'm perfectly okay with this.

>little girls want to be harley quinn, one of the most despicable and pathetic women in fiction, who glamorizes stockholm syndrome and hybristophilia and murders people for fun

As long as they're not mine.

Who isn't? Oh right... the SJW fags

Reminder that Harley driving a Harley motorbike was cut out of the film.

How do they get away with this?

Marvelcucks confirmed for not kino and not fun as dress up

you can feel the seething rage behind that headline

>so much butthurt

I'm willing to bet that this is gonna be one of the deleted scenes.

DC wins the costume war.

how can marvel even compete?

> pre-teens will be walking around my neighborhood in Harley outfits

Get more lube.

u spelled rope wrong

Walmart has a 2 for one deal

Even kids know which capeshit brand is better.

>all those harley quinn make up tutorials on jewtube

Isn't Harley Quinn basically a Disney Princess who murders people?

who is this cunny bunny

there are no deleted scenes. well, there are but we won't get to see them. no ultimate/extended/director's cut. ayer said the theater release is his vision which i think it's bullshit, but he said there aren't any alternatives to the film that will be released. big fuck up.

My 6 yo niece is dressing up as poison ivy, couldn't believe it when she told me. Every year she has just been Elsa or rapunzel

yeah..and..so..what?

That exact sentence is why she's taken off in a way that Black Widow or Wonder Woman or Captain Marvel never will

Make sure you take some pics and post it on here.

Why?

You konw, just to know what she looked like.

jesus ben looks so dead inside

He's just trying not to get an erection user

Is that Affleck's kid or a clone of Dakota Fanning

>Isn't Harley Quinn basically a Disney Princess who murders people?
You just described Frozen.

>dat pic
>Superheroes Dethrone Princesse...
You had me op. I knew it's impossible for that movie to beat Frozen's box office so I was curious about in what kind of box office measurement can Suicide Squad beat Frozen
> as Most Popular Kids’ Halloween Costume
Oh ok, carry on

>laziest costume ever represents Harley Quinn the character
Well I guess girls are just not committed and only pretend to be interested

>>laziest costume ever

Uh, Harley's outfit for the most part is a one piece latex suit with a domino mask and makeup, SS Harley is several different pieces of clothing in comparison.

Mulan murdered an entire army.

>harley quinn
>superhero

he's seen some shit

a mongol army
mongols are not people

there are no murders in war

>one piece latex suit
WRONG!!

>one piece
wrong
>latex
wrong
>ss harley is more complex
it's just a standard slut suit
tas harley had atleast a theme going on

plebs, the classics are classics for a reason

The material might be wrong but it IS a one piece, and we're debating it's complexity not what it represents, ya dinguses

Well they're going to be vapid whores glued to social media either way.

That hurts. What a fucking waste of Leto's contract.

You're right, defeatism is the correct approach.

I'm not a parent. I'm not even viewed as human. This is your fight, chum. I hope you succeed but it's too late my siblings are already cumguzzling demons.

Its funny, the creators realize that is an awful personality for a mascot so recently they've been trying to turn her into a superhero who does slapstick comedy instead of actually graphically killing people. Try reading one of her recent comics and youll see exactly what I mean.

Its fabric, not latex. And either way I doubt anyone was questioning the logical amount of clothing. Its clear he meant what the clothes actually looks like, how the fuck does anyone not make that connection?

No, you're debating its complexity to yourself. Do you actually have autism or something?