Prometheus hate thread

From the Alien Covenant thread:

>I-It's not retarded!
>I'd pet a space-snake that was hissing at me
>If a massive wheel-like object were rolling at me I'd just run straight ahead in its path
>I'd take off my helmet to try out the foreign planet's air

Prometheus apologists are the stupidest cunts on this board. Which is somewhat of an achievement. And should an hero immediately.

Other urls found in this thread:

joblo.com/scripts/Alien-Engineers-ORIGINAL-PROMETHEUS-SCRIPT.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Prometheus was good though.

Can we appreciate the cool design of the franchise?

nah

Holy shit prometheus wasnt as good as alien but it was still an enjoyable but flawed movie. Calm your tits.

One of the reasons prometheus is so bad is because in all the interviews before it's release people talked about how it was asking these important fundamental questions about the our place in the universe, what it means to be a human etc as if it was some deep philosophical piece of art but when it came out it was incredibly, stupid. I felt insulted that they believed I'm so stupid to be impressed by that deep as a puddle piece of horseshit of a film. And it ruined spacejockeys.

that's the thing tho, their whole design wasn't even them. It was all Geiger

It's not bad you nigger

>2016 Cred Forums unitonically likes Damon Lindelof
What went wrong?

> the cool design of the franchise
> literally dicks made of vaginas made of dicks made of vaginas
but yeah i agree it's freakin' fantastic

I love prometheus, OP has autism and hes pissed off that hes ugly and cant get laid.

this, best film of the 20th century

IMDB had better fanfiction ideas about Prometheus before release of the actual movie.

>best film of the 20th century
>typical intelligence level of a prometheus fan

Was that planet that they landed on LV-426?

If it was why was space jockey missing a big hole in his chest?

How did the eggs appear when it was funny metal things with tadpoles?

>Was that planet that they landed on LV-426?
No.

Other questions are invalidated.

it sucked

So it was just a standalone film really then with very little attaching it to the Alien series.

Would have been best if they started with the crash or the build up to LV-426.

As it is the 'beginning of humans' arc is meh really since the engys did not seem to give a shit.

>it ruined spacejockeys.

Prometheus was a turning point for me in terms of cinema. I am no longer excited about upcoming films.

Its similar for me, the viral marketing for was amazing, all those great actors, ridley Scott back making an Alien film, I was so excited for it. Now it's the film I think of to remind myself that no move is guaranteed to be good no matter how promising it looks.

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if there was better fan fiction, parts of the actual movie was like bad fan fiction.

>I'd pet a space-snake that was hissing at me
This happens in real life too
>If a massive wheel-like object were rolling at me I'd just run straight ahead in its path
Double digit IQ is still a thing, you know.
>I'd take off my helmet to try out the foreign planet's air
Ever heard of claustrophobia?

Checkmate autist.

The movie is more like segments edited together than the actual flow of a movie.
The movie tries to bite over so much and it leaves us with a mess of a story.

For example.
The opening segment is of an engineer ingesting black goo and dissolving into the water, later telling us everything on earth has its DNA. Even tho we can see trees and green plants before the engineer lands.

The next segment is Holloway and Elisabeth digging. They find a painting and hold hands.

The next segment is a ship in outer space, David is on board looking at the people in stasis, bleaching his hair watching movies and Elisabeths dream.

The next segment is them waking up.

The next segment is the briefing of the mission. Where we learn that Weyland has met with Holloway and Elisabeth.

Here is a much better way to start the movie.
Skip the engineers drinking goo. Start in outer space.
David doing his thing on the spaceship.
When he reads Elisabeths dreams/memories THIS is where you show us them digging for evidence of the engineers, this is where you show us them meeting with Weyland. This way you build exposition in a much clearer way.

you know that wasnt earth right? in the opening

Here a webm for your butthurt

OP is married to a very beautiful woman. Stop projecting because I've insulted your shit flick.

The original script was SO FUCKING GOOD!
joblo.com/scripts/Alien-Engineers-ORIGINAL-PROMETHEUS-SCRIPT.pdf

If it wasn't earth, what was the point of showing it?
If it wasn't earth what was the point of the scene where they analyse the decapitated head and find that the DNA of engineers matches DNA of everything on earth?

Either way my point still stands, remove that scene altogether. Start the movie in space with David mucking about.

Your bait is stale

Originally Prometheus was going to based on LV-426 but they changed writers halfway through filming and rewrote those parts of the script.

What made Alien incredible were two things, first and most importantly Hans Rudolf Giger and his brilliant mind, paintings and sculptures. And the second was the mystery of the universe. There were so many questions about the entire film that were purposefully left unknown. who was the space jockey, what about the ship, or the telescope/bomber chair, where did he get the eggs, and of course where did the alien originate from?
Fear of the unknown and corporate greed, which made Alien terrifying, realistic and thrilling for the imagination. Leaving people wondering for 37 years and many more years to come.

I can't even begin to describe how disappointed I was with Prometheus. There were parts that I did enjoy about the film, but for the most part I thought it was a giant re-hashed turd.
Scott wants to just slop the entire mythology and mystery out onto the table for science to pick apart and spoon feed to the audience.

Promethus did exactly the opposite of Alien, Scott wanted to explain the mystery of everything and I'm sure in the future he will ruin the Alien's mysterious background by explaining that as well.

What I'm trying to say here is the mystery of the unknown is what pulled me to Alien and why I love it still to this day, in life and in the universe there are cosmic mysteries that we will never know and science can even admit that.

What would be really amazing is if they stop fucking around in the Prometheus universe, and turn back to the Alien universe.
I'm going to throw this out there now, I feel like Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection were cryogenic nightmares and Ripley and Hicks, Bishop and Newt are still alive drifting lost in space, because that's still a better ending then Alien 3 Alien Resurrection and Prometheus all combined into one.

I liked it. I am looking forward to the next installment of Prometheus kino. Stop being such a jew.

Before Prometheus star trek remake was the s-f movie i hated the most

Also i rewatched it recently, and its as dumb as i remembered, but its so pretty

Also FUCK this movie for killing the best girl with a FUCKING DONUT, FUCK

imagine how sexy it would of been if
she was the one getting superfacehugged

>i'll point out 3 things that happen for 1 minute during the entire runtime of the movie and that's what makes the movie bad
>i'll disregard everything else that happens because it doesn't support my narrative
>IT'S A BAD MOVIE GUYS! I'M NOT THE ONE WITH AUTISM YOU ARE HAHA

It's shit and you know it

it was not a good movie

I watched prometheus in 2012 and hated it. I gave it another shot in 2016 and still hated it.

Prometheus is like the Watchmen movie. They really fucked it up, but it's still enjoyable to watch.

Pretty much.

I disagree, it was great

It's pretty dumb in that they always make the "wrong" choice. My sister and I tore this movie apart after seeing it, but we both agreed it had an enjoyable, visceral style that really left an impression.

Fuck, people talk about this film 4 years later. Nobody remembers Looper or some other shittiness that year.

How people can defend this trash is beyond me, is it a samefag ?

At first I refused to believe that the actual director of Alien was also responsible for this space turd, alas I was proven wrong.

If you are going to make a movie which is based around EXPLAINING a previous film, at least make that explanation even remotely plausible (and I'm not talking scientifically plausible, that's never going to happen, but at least plausible by Hollywood standards).

And of course instead of having characters which actually make sense in their actions (as in, I fucking want to stay alive), here we fall back on characters suddenly being insanely retarded as a plot device...

It was absolute crap, only the special effects gets a pass.

exactly. It a good film since it still talked about.

I thought it was alright except for the young guy pretending to be an old fag.

I do dislike prometheus. I actually hate it but there's still this idiotic fascination that I have for it. I've seen it 3 times even though I dislike it every time watch it. I think you too OP might also have this same fascination.

>Also FUCK this movie for killing the best girl with a FUCKING DONUT
There must be some kind of deeper symbolism here.

There was but lindelof forgot what it was before he stopped shitting out the scene

>Was that planet that they landed on LV-426?
>No.
This is the one thing that actually makes me really mad

It's ironic that I enjoyed watching it but only have done so once with no real desire to go back to it. At least not until the sequel is out so I can refresh my memory.