Event Horizon

Is this movie really that scary?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aR3hfLz5LhE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I found iit scary when I was a child but desu I found everything scary as a child.

His blind face reveal was neat tho

A friend of mine worked in special effects for this. They used super soakers and toys spray painted to look sci fi.
When you know how they make shit like this, nothing about it is scary.

Not at all.

Jason Isaacs wanted to keep the special effects mutilated corpse of himself and pestered the f/x team about it. They never gave it to him though.

I found the concept pretty scary when I saw it as a kid.

I found it scary as a kid.

I still find the scene where he is crawling through the green maintenance shafts uncomfortable

> Be haunted with spooky images of events you and only you could possibly know about
> Conclude that this proves the ship is totally haunted and can read your mind, instead of considering it a solid argument towards the Hallucinations theory

It's not as if the characters were total idiots, but I simply can't understand a single conclusion or decision anybody arrives to in this movie

Yes.

I'm already home.

was pretty spooky when i was younger
good movie almost great
would have been better if they left in more hellish imagery
youtube.com/watch?v=aR3hfLz5LhE

I liked Sam Neil. I wish he played a bad guy more. I really liked his Damien as well.

>I simply can't understand a single conclusion or decision anybody arrives to in this movie
That's what makes the movie so funny.

I think the spookiest thing in the film is thinking what's on the other side of that black hole.

I hate Larry Fishburne. I hate the way he over pronounces that Latin phrase they hear on the recording. I hate that he cannot act and that he's touted as some kind of thespian. He sucks.

The really horrible part are the implications that not even death can save you from Hell. The rest is just gore.

Any good haunted ship movie, by the way?

Oh, he did not give a fuck. It's honestly quite fantastic to see him play a badass action hero (in a sense) and be so entirely unmotivated the entire film.

It reminds me of the cast of Ghost Ship who thought they were gonna be starring in a subdued psychological thriller but then they arrived on set and the studio had rewritten the movie into a slasher movie and they were all incredibly disappointed.

>Any good haunted ship movie, by the way?
Well, not good exactly.

Opening scene is very good/cheesy.

Plot twist is obvious if you know English.

>that part when Cooper gets tossed into space but somehow comes back using oxygen tanks and lands DIRECTLY on the ship inside the planets atmosphere
immersion ruined

I think I tried to watch that one. If I remember right, it was bad.

I just have a hard-on for haunted houses movies, okay? There's so much work on the atmosphere that you feel look at every image in details, trying to spot whatever could eludes you.
House on Haunted Hill was decent, but had too much of that hysterical bitch yelling.

I literally only remember the opening scene from this one

Have you seen Virus?

It's an okay "so-bad-its-good" cheesy b-horror movie to watch if there's nothing else. I'm with you on haunted house movies. I also like them.

I don't know much about haunted ship movies though.

I just want to see a good idea.

The main appeal of haunted houses is that the villain is human to begin with (except in Amityville where it's a demon), but literally cannot be beaten.
And ships (whether they're normals or spaceships) have a lot of potential, because in a normal haunted house movie, you can still try to run away.
You can't on a ship. It's a closed room where spooky stuff happens and people die one by one.

And I like the idea of paranormal investigations too. It makes better characters than the usual idiotic teenagers who panic.

This one, kinda

>THAT MOVIE

I fucking loved it. The heartbreak when she tosses the dead bird with the others.

I found it creepy as fuck when I was 12. I think it went dumb halfway but remember liking it.

I think that The Matrix is overrated and Morpheus is nothing but an exposition machine when not a damsel in distress. The sequels suck donkey dick.

Like all sequels.

He was pretty good as the slimy politician vampire in Daybreakers

There's no need to act like you're special because movies don't frighten you. It's a movie, it can't hurt you. Glad that you realized that. It's still creepy and good.

He's already a villain in Jurassic Park.

The problem is that horror is subjective.
Poltergeist spooked me, Paranormal Activity creeped me, Ring gave me nightmares for WEEKS, but when I showed them to my nephew, he just laughed during the entire movie.

I like you

I took all my humanities in one semester, which meant philosophy, psychology, and Greek lit

Guess which movie I had to write three papers on?

I remember when Blair Witch came out, people claimed that all the good reviews were the results of bribery.

>I took all my humanities in one semester
Do you need more?

the only good thing about event horizon is the late 90's ironic black character.

the movie isnt scary. it just had a interesting premise which was hell is a alternate dimension and it could be accessed by trying to fold space

it had at the same time a futuristic take on a ghost ship thats lost at sea and a reformulated doom premise

No, you got him confused with the velociraptors.

The velociraptors are actually nice. They just want to get out and play.

I prefer Terminator 2 and Spiderman 2 over the first ones.

Was he possessed by a warp daemon?

>ywn see a sequel where Redheaded Kid comes back and tames the velociraptors and takes them with him in his traveling ministry

>thread about this shit everyday for the past week
>last week there was a thread for idiocracy everyday and at the end there was an announcement for a 10th anniversary re-release

oh boy
what shill news will drop by the end of the day lads

Pokemon Go movie starring Idris Elba and Eric Roberts

Pretty much this.

Where we're going we don't need fear.

It's okay for literally being normal day on an imperial ship in 40k - the movie

No, but all the gore stuff they cut out and that was lost on the cutting room floor was incredible. Fuck the studio.

t. I read Nostalgia Critic

I always wondered if the movie was influenced by WH40k.

Sounds like you have never been on actual hallucinogens.

Cut the crap memelord.

>you will never see the extended director's cut of event horizon

>Empire Strikes Back
>Two Towers
>Godfather 2
>Troll 2

>Texas Chainsaw Massacre IV

Only the reddit I fucking love science crowd find it scary

Damn.

is any movie scary?

No but I like it

Martyrs is pretty fucking scary.