And the award for Best Picture goes to

And the award for Best Picture goes to....

.....Forrest Gump.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IAH-0GKvIrM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Forrest Gimp is kino. The other two are Reddit flicks.

Shawshank is better desu

That was a hard fucking choice and you know it

>it ain't me starts playing

All three are movies I would count among the most overrated ever. Chungking Express is the best film of 1994

>pulp fiction
reddit: the movie

>shawshank redemption
imdb-core: the movie

>forrest gump
meh

>Chungking Express is the best film of 1994
this

Faggot: The Post

Should have been The Lion King desu.

Contrarian faggot

Man, there sure were a lot of overrated movies in 1994. Forgot about The Lion King, it's one of the lesser Disney Renaissance movies that people still rave about for some reason. Even Tarzan and Mulan were better

>being this contrarian just for the sake of being different to fit in
and thats how i know you are too self concious to tell us what you really like.

sup embryos

>projecting this hard
I like what I like. chungking express is an amazing movie

I know what you like even more than you know what you like.

Pretty close between all three, imo.

Honestly, even though I liked Gump better, I think the real choice was between Pulp and Shawshank. Seems like Shawshank might've been more deserving, though I guess a case could be made for Pulp Fiction's sort of uh inventiveness. Gump probably edged out the win due to a positive portrayals of a retard and an AIDs ridden, drug addled whore. Hollywood types love that shit.

Honestly, I would put The Lion King above Tarzan since, in my opinion, the songs and soundtrack in general are better and better integrated.

The worst movie of the Disney Renaissance is easily Pocahontas imo.

You sound like you've been here all summer

Good. Shawshank is severely-overrated and predictable, as well as being utterly shallow.

Pulp Fiction is just masturbation.

>all the leaves are brown starts playing

youtube.com/watch?v=IAH-0GKvIrM

>the songs and soundtrack in general are better and better integrated
This is very true, and honestly I'm not a fan of Phil Collins or Genesis. However I'm a sucker for anything to do with the Tarzan story, whereas Lion King is just Hamlet with animals and I don't care for Shakespeare with the exception of Romeo & Juliet.

>The worst movie of the Disney Renaissance is easily Pocahontas imo.
Absolutely. It's so generic and half-assed in most respects, although I love the animation style.

Here would be my ranking of the 10 renaissance movies:

1) The Little Mermaid
2) Beauty and the Beast
3) Hercules
4) Aladdin
5) The Hunchback of Notre Dame
6) The Rescuers Down Under
7) Tarzan
8) Mulan
9) The Lion King
10) Pocahontas

I dunno if I would call Jenny's portrayal positive by any stretch. Sympathetic is probably the better word.

Personally, I'd probably put Mulan at the top. Probably because I can empathize with the main character to a degree.

I haven't seen The Rescuers Down Under in twenty years, so I don't remember enough about it to rank it.

Where the fuck is the Sword in the Stone, user? Huh?

Forrest Gump is just a lazy hack of a movie. It just basically puts Forrest Gump into American History as he bumbles his way through

And they had to make his love interest turn into a hippie and then a coke addicted disco queen who gets AIDS and dies. Such original contrast of the two characters.

This is a lazy film.

that's not Disney Renaissance, that was part of the shitty xerox era which was basically the Dark Ages of Disney Animation. It's also not even a good movie