WHATS THE BEST MOVIE EVER MADE

Not "one of the best" not "a pretty good one", the movie you consider to be the best one ever made so far. Cast your vote.

Mine goes to pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AzwYq0WTroE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Seven

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Kino

Bring It On

Apocalypse Now

Alley Cat Strike

It may sound cliche, but Citizen Kane.

T2 cant be by way of child actors

>that horrible performance by Furlong
>that incredibly cheesy dialogue
>best movie ever made
top kek

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 4: The Next Generation

No joke, if you disagree you don't kys (know your shit)

My vote goes to the original RoboCop.

It's weird. I remember when everyone considered that movie trash in the first few years it came out, and now I see more and more people giving it love. I always find that interesting how movies considered to be bad always seem to find a following.

As much as I love that movie, the effects looks dated as hell, and the acting is not amazing at all.

Starship Troopers

True. I think it might be because films like Cabin In The Woods and other meta-horror films are becoming more and more popular, since that's pretty much what TCM4 did, before Scream even. Or maybe it's just so bad that it seems like ingenious satire, I don't know..

shit film great novel

I don't think no one considers The Unborn or Cloverfield good at all

great film shit novel

I think the acting is amazing. Boddicker is easily one of the greatest movie villains. Of course the sfx is dated but that's part of the charm. Most of it is practical effects

This. It's such a great reflection on life.

lotr trilogy, probably fellowship if forced to pick one

Fellowship is comfy af

Fellowship is easily my favorite out of the trilogy.

It's complete perfection.
plus I probably relate to Bickle more than is healthy

>The Unborn
Oh my god, why did you remind me, that was so bad. That has to be one of the stalest most clichéd post The Ring bad American horror movies I've seen.

Fellowship is easily one of the best movies ever made

There can only be best in genres, not best overall. Thats my philosophy on it. The only movies i've ever seen that opened my mind in such an expansive way that I simply thought "this has to be the best thing ever" regardless of the genre, just on a film making level were Synecdoche New York and 2001: A Space Odyssey. And I dont give a shit how popular those movies are, their popularity has nothing to do with it. Im not even saying they are my favorite movies, just the ones I think of when I think "best".

Both villains are great, but the police girl and Robocop himself are meh.

>Most of it is practical effects
No, they are not, there are tons of old CGI, but compare it to T2, both had a mix of practical/CGI, but T2 doesn't look bad at all.

Probably pic related
or

mediocre film mediocre novel

I'm sorry, but RoboCop himself is amazing. Great dialogue and acting. The only cgi is ed209, who is barely in the movie. Exploding gas stations. Blood squibs. Exploding limbs. Radioactive badguys getting hit by a car and turning to mush.

I thought ed209 was an actual model they did stop-motion with.

Agreed, Peter Weller is great as RoboCop. Also, the stop motion effects look great, all the beautiful practical splatter effects too.

Robocop > Terminator

Perfect in every way

Royal Tenenbaums

Wtf I just marathoned the synopsis of this film on Wikipedia because of your comment and it was really boring, fuck you!

wtf I hate it now

You're right sorry. I was too busy thinking about all the practical effects I totally forgot ED was stop motion

Plebs

even though I prefer the ending to the Director's Cut, the theatrical release is the most consistent

I seriously wonder sometimes what kind of Plebbit one must be to consider something like Cuckinator 2 to be the epitome of film.
Then again OP is probably a 13 year old boy.
>No, they are not, there are tons of old CGI
Kill yourself, you shit particle inhaler.

Yep.

Throne Of Blood is better desu senpai-kun

back to 9gag with you

I'll have to give it a watch, thanks for bringing it to my attention user-sama

Thank you for noticing me, senpai :^^)
ching chong ching chong

> plus I probably relate to Bickle more than is healthy

You described Cred Forums in a nut shell

>that lame voicover
surely you jest, theatrical is the worst version unless you include the workprint cut which doesn't even have the Vangelis score

Paul Blart: Kino Cop Book II

Seen the directors cut recently. It's so good.

This

just catched it on TV the other day, great movie, I wonder if there is anything else with this repeating the same day theme?

The scenes with Linda Hamilton at the hospital are the best part of the movie, and yeah, fleshing it out improves the film considerably.

Arq on Netflix is sort of like that but takes the premise even further. It's shitty in most other ways though.

>had to read this senior year of high school
>tfw can't watch this kino now that I know what happens

Based Michael Biehn

BIEHN?

>Die Hard 3
>not Die Hard

I mean, I like DH3. A lot. It's definitely above Die Hard 2 by a wide margin. But better than Die Hard? No way, José.

You should still watch it. It has it's own interpretations and feels, not to mention the visuals.

It's more of a proper film, rather than a recorded stage play.

What's with the insistence of reading Shakespeare in school? They're not meant to be fucking read, they're meant to be watched.

Will we be forcing kids of the future to read the scripts of popular movies in English-class?

Well, it's certainly better than To Kill A Mockingbird and Grapes of Wrath.

I'm not entirely sure if the public school system actually knows what it's doing. At least in America.

It just reeks of a runaway train that the driver bailed out of 50 years ago. Hell, Middle School is essentially a daycare. They barely teach children how to spell anymore.

How many times a day do I see someone write or type a dollar amount like XX$, as opposed to the proper $XX.

Basic shit.

Goodfellas.

First time OP is not a faggot.

>someone write or type a dollar amount like XX$, as opposed to the proper $XX
no one does this

I feel there is this 20th century sensibility that old stage plays fall under the "literature" umbrella

I do sometimes.

Because I'm not American and we put that shit at the end, so it's a hard habit to break.

Pulp Fiction.

>old CGI,

Stop motion isn't "old CGI". It's not computer generated imagery, so it isn't CGI at all. You goddam moron.

>The only cgi is ed209,

Are you all fucking retarded? Seriously? You think that's CGI? Please fucking get a grip.

youtu.be/AzwYq0WTroE

Problem Child 2

also, dubs

The Mirror

>ed209 as a fullscale prop

Well fuck me. I always thought it was toy-sized and made to look big with movie magic.

well its true the board is reddit

Eye Wide Shut or Harry Potter

Sam Raimi's Spider-man 2

too controversial.

currently there are a couple movies I like but none of em is so great I can say without a doubt its my favorite

Kek. The fact that you're serious is sad though.

Well, most of the choices in the thread are average-mediocre but fun movies so I don't see why this can't be a candidate.

most of the thread is shit and spiderman 2 fits right in

how about you give us your favorite movie then

and no I wont blinldy ridicule you

Well then there you go, problem solved. Is the little retard happy? You want some McDee's?

favorite movie? or favorite film?

If you read the thread you'd know I was corrected and was mistaken, forgetting it was stop motion.

best ITT

how about both

The book is better than the movie.

can't pick, probably Eyes Wide Shut and 2001 or Possession

yeah I dont like all of them

so look we have different preferences

The Deer Hunter
and no, the wedding scene is the perfect length and serves a purpose

youre making me choose of course you wont like all of them but the ones i would choose out of wouldnt have spiderman 2 as a candidate

Gattaca

Not even kidding

yeah spiderman2 is on a different league of shittyness

the theatrical cut is garbage, like your opinion

reading steinbeck is better than reading shakespeare. having your retarded classmates stumble through his verse kill it for most people. shakespeare should only be recited and by someone who knows what they are doing.

those two words mean the same thing retard

thats the joke newfag

>Panic Room (2002) is a movie as opposed to a film. A movie is made for an audience and a film is made for both the audience and the film-makers. I think that The Game (1997) is a movie and I think Fight Club (1999)'s a film. I think that Fight Club is more than the sum of its parts, whereas Panic Room IS the sum of its parts. I didn't look at Panic Room and think, "Wow, this is gonna set the world on fire". These are footnote movies, guilty pleasure movies. Thrillers. Woman-trapped-in-a-house movies. They're not particularly important.

Casablanca

This is the only version I have seen of this movie and I thought it was mega gay dude

Everything fincher makes is the same stop being an autistic faggot thinking there are actually tiers

I'm giving this my vote

I think there is a big difference between something like Panic Room or The Game and something like Zodiac, Social Network, or Gone Girl. They aren't the same. The first two are pretty surface level thrillers while the others clearly have something more they are trying to say. They aren't as surface level entertaining. I agree with Fincher in that a film is where the film makers explore an idea or try to convey a concept they have in mind while a movie is simply to entertain the audience.

Excellent film, but not even the best movie of the forties. That would be pic related

That would imply that movies are bereft of ideas to explore or concepts to convey which is literally untrue in anything except the most abstract random shit. Everything is one a scale with everything else, there is not a clear distinction, and it doesn't matter at all to a viewer either way.

You're cool.

The Mist

That's my fave die hard