Netflix binge """watching"""

>put show on in background
>post about it on Facebook and Reddit the whole time
>don't miss any plot points since it's one episode after another
>wow the whole season-at-once format just makes so much more sense
>traditional TV syndication is so dumb

Is there anything more plebeian? Nobody sits down and unironically watches six hour-long episodes back to back

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/06/22/i-have-found-a-new-way-to-watch-tv-and-it-changes-everything/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Nobody sits down and unironically watches six hour-long episodes back to back

e-exactly, f-fucking weirdos.

marathoning one episode at a time like a sane people

This is all subjective. Some shows are good for watching multiple episodes in a row, others are better to watch episodes spanned out between each other. Seinfeld is a good show to marathon, The Wire is not.

I'm not saying you can't marathon The Wire, I'm saying you should give yourself time to think about the episode.

>Wasting a week of your life just waiting for a new episode to watch

How is life in the stone age?

Why wouldn't I? It's no different from watching two movies in a row, something that people have done for ages.

People actually do this. Why do yo uthink "binge watching" would even be a term if they didnt? I remember reading an article from the netflix analytics department (can't find it RN) about how binge watching is statistically significant.

And from personal experience I remember I got into Breaking Bad right before the 4th season started to air, so I basically went to class, slept and watched Breaking Bad for 3 days straight until I was caught up.

im on episode 10. fuck u

>watching an episode without posting at least one Facebook status

I've been watching about two episodes at a time, just got through s1. Great shit

Pleb mode: watch episodes non-concurrently, whenever it comes on tv and you happen to catch it

Normie mode: Tune in weekly for new episodes, discussing them with your friends later

Patrician mode: torrent it and watch entire seasons in a day without ever getting out of bed

>Still using Facebook

>Go to a friend's house for the explicit purpose of playing some co-op game
>An hour passes
>"Do you mind if we take a break, user? I just don't have the endurance for this that you do."
>He proceeds to watch Rescue Me for the next three hours, until I get bored and leave

washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/06/22/i-have-found-a-new-way-to-watch-tv-and-it-changes-everything/

The new fad is watching shit at 2x speed. What the fuck?

There is literally nothing better to do when you have a hangover on a rainy sunday.

This is a really dumb thread and I'm looking forward to OP posting it everyday until it becomes a meme.

>Putlocker marathoning
>YIFY marathoning

Sounds like you could have left once he started watching Rescue Me. That was probably him trying to get you to leave user. You may have autism.

Exactly. I mean, people buy box set DVDs, don't they? Does OP seriously think they watch just one episode a night or something?

>modern term for something that already existed/was done for ages

annoys me everytime

That's different, you tit. If you bought a box set, you've likely seen the show at least once. So it doesn't matter then whether you watch one or 20

ive seen the term 'binge a thon' on tv

I still remember the lifehack my dying grandfather gave to me.

I've bought box sets based on only seeing a couple of episodes, such as House.

The only thing better with waiting a week between episodes is the potential discussion you can have. But that only applies to new shows anyway

"False modesty"??? WTF is that??? Anywayz I was #humblebragging the other day to some friends on twitter...

>not watching 12 episodes of DS9 in a row on a rainy day

You're missing out on the max comfy, nigga.

is there an app for this?

It's only acceptable if you're ill or it's raining outside.

Nobody really does that. It's good for podcasts though

I do this for Youtube videos sometimes.

But TV is genuinely an awful format and people are only watching like this now because it is such a more elegant solution for a culture that wants entertainment on demand. People pay for a thousand channels and only watch maybe ten of them, each network has one or two decent shows, the ones that draw in viewers, and tends to do the very thing you're complaining about. FX for example will sometimes play at least six episodes of the Simpsons back to back because they dont have anything else to play. So if I tell myself "I want to watch some TV" do I then want to flip on my favorite channel and watch ten minutes straight of ads before a mediocre series only airing to fill time that I really never gave a shit about in the first place? And if its something actually good why would I want to schedule my day around it's air date when I can just turn on Netflix and its available on demand? I feel like im explaining this to a fucking toddler but if you seriously dont understand why Netflix binge """watching""" is popular, there you go. Its obvious I take more issue with
>traditional TV syndication is so dumb
Because I genuinely don't see how anyone can sarcastically say this. binge watching would have been done long ago had it been a viable option

Is "co-op game" a euphemism for gay sex?

>tfw when an entire season of a show is available I watch one episode per day
I consume my art slowly and carefully, appreciating every detail, analyzing what I just saw. Bingewatching doesn't allow this, it's almost insulting to the show. Plebs will never know this feel.

>stacy: "i looooooove to binge watch netflix every saturday and sunday"

>stacy: "have you been playing videogames all weekend? Grow up user"

People have been bingewatching shows longer than Netflix has existed. People were singing the praises of bringewatching all the time through torrenting. Now that Netflix has brought it into the mainstream lil' contrarians get pissy about it.

Here we are again.

>torrent it
Nigger tier

And so what if I am black? Im not going to pay into this racist hellhole it should be free

I used to do this way before Netflix tbf.Stuff like The Sopranos, The Wire, The Shield etc, I'd buy the box sets and tear through them in no time.

Selfie is the worst offender

I think it varies by what series it is. Nothing can beat that feeling of watching a good show unfold week by week. Especially if it has a strong element of mystery or suspense. Some of the best times on Cred Forums were when the board were trying to figure out True Detective Season 1 and people started digging up the Lovecraft references before the show had even mentioned them explicitly. That was kind of a mindfuck because it just seemed like a police homicide procedural before that.

The way I do things is objectively superior to the way other people do things. I truly am a smart and successful person and wow those other losers sure are dumb. Hot damn I'm awesome.

She's right though. Her argument isn't that spending a weekend doing the activity is what makes it childish, it's that the activity itself that is childish. If I spent the entire weekend playing with my rattle, you would call that childish. Well, video games are basically an advance form of rattle(they stimulate you with sight and sound, you can interact with them, etc).

WHY CAN'T I BINGE WATCH ANYMORE YOU GUYS!?
ALL THESE PEOPLE ON MY FACEBOOK TALKING ABOUT THE WALKING DEAD
THAT WAS MY THING
THEY'VE TAKEN IT FROM ME

HOW DARE THEY!?!?!??!!??!

>paying for television and films
Good goy tier

binge watching is an excellent way of getting through lots of plebeian trash in a short timeframe
for instance, I marathoned the first four seasons of breaking bad in the span of 48 hours, all thanks to binge watching and 1.11x speed on mpc :^)

what the fuck has six hour long episodes?

Ken Burns:The War has like 4 hour episodes but im sure the guy meant 6 one hour episodes.

Marathoning is great since I like to watch 1 or 2 episodes a day and traditional once a week doesn't allow me to do this until towards the end of the season.

>"Binge watch"

>it's a 6 episode season

>download 'full series' of british tv
>get confused and angry cuz there's only 6 episodes and what the fuck is a series anyway

you can always tell the marathoning plebs by the fact that they never have anything meaningful to contribute to any discussion about a show

I binge watched that show with a fucking vengeance.

>reposting memes from the beginning of the thread

Seinfeld reruns are something you would watch on tv when nothing else is on and you have nothing to do. I can't imagine watching episode after episode of seinfeld on a computer unless I was stuck in a cabin in the middle of nowhere, seems weird and pointless.

>It's no different from watching two movies in a row
if you dont have a 24 hour grace period so a film can gesticulate in your subconscious you actually have no real interest in film.

I never watch most of the DVD box sets I buy.

Stimulate you with sight and sound? You mean like a fucking television show?

Why do you buy them then?

I jerk of to the girls on the cover.

>Nobody sits down and unironically watches six hour-long episodes back to back
Normies, please get out.