U hav dun sumthin wrong to ur brain

Slow Action- Ben Rivers

The Englishman who Went Up a Hill and Came Down a Mountain

sightseers

Dead Mans Shoes

Lawrence of Arabia

A private function

surprisingly comfy movie for how dark it is. same with A Field in England

Hot Fuzz. Not exactly a comfy film, but the setting it took place was pretty damn comfy (the first half at least).

Raining Stones

Shaun of the Dead

Local Hero

Scum

Nuts in May.

also this

Don't watch the trailer, Just watch it blind.

How comfy is Long Good Friday? I havent seen it yet

If you want maximum British comfiness you have to go to a 1990s TV show: The Darling Buds of May.

Prime Zeta-Jones in The Darling Buds of May:
youtube.com/watch?v=NJX9O-OgP3E

Coincidentally, there's a line in Withnail & I (mentioned earlier) that the unfriendly farmer's wife was "not the attitude I'd been given to expect from the H.E. Bates novel I'd read!"

H.E. Bates wrote The Darling Buds of May.

Time Bandits

Not comfy at all. Great film, you should watch it, but it's not comfy.

threads

Not a film, but has there ever been a more comfy TV show than Indoor League?:
youtube.com/watch?v=ed1IchWKsYI
youtube.com/watch?v=G2QRnF1KtiM
youtube.com/watch?v=EvtQ6hkFVDs

>Threads
>comfy

Pride and Prejudice (2005)

British gangster movies are way more cynical and way less comfy than American movies.

TOP CHOICES

Hobbit

Son of Rambo.

Four Lions. The lighter side of homegrown jihad

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1474067876441.webm

I remember this one as pretty good. Its always sunny if the gang were brittish jihadists.

Another good one is Gosford park. Its not very thrilling really, but theres something really comfy about the setting.

Well if we're talking about comfy British TV shows, this has them beat by leagues.

youtube.com/watch?v=NgN7z0SD8v8

The man who would be king.

any monty python film

Skeletons.

Nobody saw it though.

Why is that?

I actually saw that in the cinema, and I only remembered when I was watching Hunt for the Wilderpeople. It had a similar sort of feeling.

The absolute comfiest show is Jonathan Creek.

came here to post this. Also the wickerman

It's slightly comfy tbf. Brilliant film in general.

>comfy
>4 hours
>getting angrier as these arabs proceed to fuck shit up for themselves after all his hard work

Not comfy at all.

Hot Fuzz is comfy.

Waking Ned Devine.

All that desert is comfy as fuck, and the longer, the comfier

came here to post this, excellent choice.

Passport to Pimlico
Kind Hearts and Coronets
Saturday Night and Sunday Morning
A Hard Days Night
The Lion in Winter
The Wicker Man
My Beautiful Laundrette
The Third Man
A Town Like Alice

well if you're looking for something inspired by the pic you posted, Babe is a perfect comfy farm movie (even though it's australian).

The Railway Children
Babe

The Lavender Hill Mob
The League of Gentlemen

Any Ealing comedy.

A Matter of Life and Death

The british don't make films. They film plays.

Sharpe Series

Kes

None
They have terrible production and the accent is the most overrated in the world. Add to that pompousness and misplaced haughtiness which ruins their characters. Fuck the british and fuck their transvestite queen.

The Importance of Being Earnest.

The poster makes it look terrible but it's actually pretty good and it's still Wilde.

Little Lord Fauntleroy (1980)

Sightseers

is this OC?
here's some more MW OC

youtube.com/watch?v=7KZP4TNsxZc

youtube.com/watch?v=Z0rRPU_cvGg

Find a comfier film

Pro-tip: You cannot

>comfy
>British
Everyone step aside, I'll handle this.

A Touch of Cloth
youtube.com/watch?v=3qEjvI910kA
youtube.com/watch?v=15IRXKn9LSU
youtube.com/watch?v=GXAhJaWTwc0

The Hole
Trainspotting
Better Things
This is England
Fish Tank
Red Road
U want me 2 kill him
Last Resort

>The Hole

Kiera Knightley's underage tits but it's ok because it's art: The Film

Don't remember her getting her tits out desu

>pompousness and misplaced haughtiness which ruins their characters.
confirmed for someone who has never watched british movies. A British film is much more likely to have a self-deprecating underdog, whilst american films more often have the badass "better than everyone" hero

Don't humour the yanks..

Penda's Fen

Re-watch The Hole

It's the entire point of the film, unless you're a hardcore Thora Birch fanboy

came here to post this

Its because yanks ARE better than everyone. British are just salty now that thier dominance is over and it fuckign shows from their snide attitude.

>salty

Thats why a chubbo yank came in a UK film thread. Go back to watching unfunny versions of our comedy shows pal.

I live near there :3
Fucking beautiful area

Kek

Yes, I made this video: youtube.com/watch?v=ApKEpWNMU9M

>unfunny versions of our comedy shows pal.

You mean refined and actually funny ? Brits have absolutely 0 talent writing or acting, its all rehashed shit. Please, you have absolutely no creativity or ability to write engaging and interesting shows. Its the same shtick over and over. Happened with peep show, the office and what not.
You're lucky that most americans consider brits to be some sort of posh, high society people, when in reality its all an illusion.
I bet you that american shows are watched and appreciated by a higher % of brits than brit shows themselves.

The Wicker Man.

Britain
>major player on the world stage for a thousand years, culminating in the most dominant global empire the world had ever seen
>single-handedly invented and built the modern world
>made their language the world's lingua franca
>still top 5 economy, military, culture in the world despite relatively tiny landmass and population
>major commonwealth countries on every continent still kneel before british monarch

USA
>stole native lands, got france to help them steal brit colonies, delegated all work to slaves for a century
>sat back while the rest of the world fought two devastating total world wars in the name of freedom, then swooped in at the end and claimed victory
>superpower for less than 100 years
>society already coming apart at the seams
>demographics rapidly heading for third world status

Comparing the overblown corporation that is the USA to the British Empire is like comparing the musical career of Justin Bieber to that of Sir Paul McCartney. The British Empire was built over centuries of genius, determination and bloodshed. The USA was built overnight on cheat mode.

That's why, 100 years from now, people will be wondering whatever happened to that massive nation of spoilt, ignorant fatties while Britain will always be a world leader.

sorry a brit fucked your little sister m8

Nice thread. Good job, Cred Forums.

lad

bum a fag, pour a pint and calm ur tits senpai.

>still top 5 economy
Not since the Brexit, we got nudged out by France.

The Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy

not to mention that economy has shitty american tier inequality

>this delusion
Please. This is lilterally poo in loo tier delusion.
While you WERE dominant back then, the british empire is a mere shadow of its former self. But you know that, this is the Cred Forums board so lets talk about films instead.
Truth is, Brits are terrible at filmmaking in its entirety. From producing to acting, from writing to screenplay, you are absolutely shit. I cant believe how someone can even sit through a british made film at all without cringing at their terrible accents, or their snide comments about us 'yanks' or their bitter attitudes or their vapid and boring dialogues or their ugly, inbred actors and their horrible dialogue delivery.

>wahhh everyone should be as poor as me
Fuck off commie.

KYS commie.

Hobson's Choice

Cymru Am Byth

While I can't deny that the torrent of cinematic shite that pours out of the USA occasionally has the odd gem in there, to say Brits make bad films is just ludicrous. Your objections are entirely based on your (predictably American) shitty taste and cultural ignorance.

Based on all the childish bullshit you're crying about, I have to assume you consider Michael Bay movies the pinnacle of film-making.

>Brits are terrible at filmmaking in its entirety. From producing to acting

Meanwhile the British are getting all the starring roles in American films and have been for a long time, Ironic really

for sure

people you're being baited, don't bother replying

>mfw an american director casts a brit to star as an american character
>mfw he's nominated for an oscar
>mfw at least one brit can actually play americans better than they play themselves

Most comfy tv is smoking room with jez from peep show slacking off at a 9-5
Then"a film with me in it" brilliant Dylan Moran

Again, poo in loo tier delusion.
Brit actors are dirt cheap. Which is why they never make it to forbes highest paid list, ever. Also their accents and line delivery is terrrible, its only that we are so used to having britihs actors being shoved down our throats, we are misled in believing that they are actually good. For example, BAtman. Everyone lauded bale's role, and then came along a real american actor who fucking blew his performance out of the water even in a mediocre film. Fuck the tom hardys, bales and cains. We dont need them at all to actually make films work.

That car share show was comfy too with fat Peter Kaye and the redhead milf fucking around on a commute

Wew lad who pissed on your strawberries? Take a breath and get comfy

>Goodnight Mister Tom.

>mental gymnastics done by brits to deride americans

Please. The torrent of shite hollywood produces is consumed by the same patrician and cultured brits you speak of, with extreme delight as is proved by overseas collections.

>proved wrong again and again, still reply with low effort hurr you mad tier replies

>A private function

Went to see Betty Blue Eyes, a musical based on this.

It was ok-ish, better than Cats, worse than Book of Mormon.

Actually not true, most brits think of Americans has having a pretty terrible sense of humour, which is mostly true. Different worlds though pal we'll never agree, I'm just glad I live in England and I think deep down you wish you were here..

>the only good things about the Napoleonic War from the British side have been TV series.

Find this pretty annoying.

Watership Down, it's a nice soothing film about bunnies.

I still can't get over how Channel 5 aired that on Easter Sunday. The uproar was hilarious.

This was comfy as fuck but it'll depend on how much you like The Proclaimers

Psst you're just yelling at a mountain and nobody cares about your hot n spicy opinions fagtron

Your objections to British cinema:
>why doesn't he look like a male model??
>why isn't he talking american??
>why isn't he clapping for america??
>why isn't he smiling??
>why isn't he shouting??
>this is bad film-making!!!

Go watch some more capeshit you philistine.

It's the ultimate dick move. It's a great film and every child should watch it but showing it during the day during Easter is like showing a film telling everyone Santa isn't real on Christmas Day.

High Rise is my go to comfy film.

filth

I'll be surprised if any fellow Britfags remember this.

Most uncomfy British film

Babe.

That scene in the car.
>is that all she gets?
>I THOUGHT I WERE GREAT!

I never in my wildest dreams though it was possible to make such a comfy and funny show out of metal-detecting.

The intro song is A++

Quatermass and the Pit

>americans have a bad sense of humor

See, I know that hating americans is a thing among europeans, especially brits, who like to think that they are somehow superior. I get it, its fucking hamfisted in all of your shitty shows and movies.
However, as far as facts go, it is americans who have created the best and the most renowned sitcoms and movies which even the brits will agree too. Just because two and a half men and BBT exist doesnt mean that americans have bad taste. You are forgetting that seinfeld and frasier exist in this universe too, its just your prejudices talking.

>I'm just glad I live in England
Good for you.

>I think deep down you wish you were here..
Its the opposite, and I know it to be true.

My objections to british "cinema"
>why are the same actors used
>why are the movies so insipid
>why is the same routine rehashed again and again
>why cant you guys ever porduce something thats truly unique and innovative that is entertaining as well

nil by mouth
scum
made in britain

very comfy

The Nephew.

detectorists was wonderful.

also flowers was really good. julian barratt is so great i wish he was in more things

Monarch of the Glen.

Dem early Lexie outfits.

whites
kennedys
moone boy
mr sloane

i think moone boy is the only one that ran for more than one series but they're all comfy slow paced shows with emphasis on relationships