Rick and Morty

>not allowing yourself to enjoy something because your boogeyman likes it
>not being able to like or appreciate any aspect of a show with good hand drawn animation or writing that keeps actual traditional animators employed
>thinking it makes you cool to be that much of a contrarian

Now I wait for all the "le rebbit" (you)s to be reminded of everyone's favorite site that I don't even go on

...because I actually enjoy Rick and Morty

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Z_6Iaoc2aJY?t=22
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i just don't like it because it's puerile grossout humor and generally exhausting to watch

>puerile grossout humor
Its not even close to this

>puerile grossout humor
I'm not sure you watched the show besides a few youtube clips

>adults
>watching cartoons

R

>being so insecure about your taste you have write an all-bases-covered defense preface before you can admit it

>b-b-b-b-b-but reddit
>stop liking things
>all jokes are quips

I don't enjoy it because it isn't funny

>adults
>frogposting

You're not doing yourself a favor using ellipses if you're trying to make this show not seem Reddit

>wahhhh I have to restrict what I enjoy by placing retardo limitations on entertainment because it is a cartoon

Yeah, I'm insecure. That's why I openly made a post to defend a show I like that contrarian post-millennial neets hate to feel like "one of the gang" in their hugbox

Whatever you need to tell yourself, faggot

>I actually enjoy Rick and Morty
You're not some repressed group who is standing in solidarity of your super unique idea, lots of people like this show. It's a garbage show and you're allowed to like it. Is that what you need to hear? That you have permission?

>only reddit uses ellipses
You can go back at any time

He needs us to validate him. I can't think of anything more pathetic, honestly.

Well here's his bottle and binky, I recognize his autonomy to watch cartoons.

Do you have any constructive criticism to offer on why you feel like the show is garbage?

Only Reddit and pseudo intellectual teenage girls use ellipses. Which one are you?

Suck a dick.

This show is great. End of story.

>thinking I need validation to talk about a show I like
You neets really like to form your own realities to make yourselves not feel like worthless sacks of aborted garbage

Does OP have any constructive criticism for why he likes it? Why are the people who say it sucks only held to this standard?

Do """""ellipses""""" """""trigger"""" you, autist? Or do you own the fucking patent to the symbol? Is English your second language?

How about you first, faggot? You wanted everyone to know it was garbage. So give me constructive criticism on why, this is a tv and film board after all

Really makes me think

I'm not the one writing rants trying to justify my taste in a NEET concentration camp like some spurred teenage girl rejected by her peers.

I dont think you know what a rant is.

>le ebin troll

gtfo

>You wanted everyone to know it was garbage
OP started the thread to defend his cartoon, so it actually is on him to start. Feel free to keep asking, but as long as OP is going to piss in his diaper then I'm just going to shit on him.

>Why are the people who say it sucks only held to this standard?
Nobody said that, but if I could turn back time I remember how literally any constructive positive criticism people gave for this show was just dismissed because the show was popular

>OP is going to piss in his diaper
This is like the textbook definition of projection you filthy autist

>any constructive positive criticism
Still waiting to see any, you're reacting to your expectation of what you'll see here. That's pretty paranoid and cowardly of someone who wants us to know how good this drunk grandpa cartoon is.

Still waiting for that constructive criticism. You first, OP, it's your thread.

It feels like it would be a great show if Rick wasn't such an insufferable character.

I dont owe you jack shit but here:

I enjoy the writing, it is a mixture of lowbrow and somewhat medium brow comedy that sometimes reminds me of Futurama-esque plot devices and humor.

I like the visuals, I dont think the animation is bad and the bright pallete seems like an interesting contrast to the adult themes in the show.

I like how on seldom occasions it relies in math humor or light sciencr humor. I like how the show pays homage to a list of sci fi books, television shows and films.

I like that the stories are fresh and seem like something new on a channel plagued with live action subvertive comedy. So that goes back to the writing. I think it is a well written show with some minor surprises and some deep shit that isnt hard to understand, but its not as juvenile as some of you make it out to be.

There are also some really interesting concepts that the show plays around with that I havent seen in other adult cartoons, its smart without having to be too smart

I think thats the point

I love it user, regardless of what people think, the show shouldnt be effected by the naysayers and neither should your perspective of it, you like it, keep liking it, you dont, the people that do dont give a shit if you dont. go find the other people that dont like it also to complain, or shitpost here i guess, but preferably on a thread already bitching

I don't care about who likes it or doesn't like it.

I tried the first three episodes.
Didn't laugh, didn't care for it.

So I stopped.

Then the writers are idiots.

Where do you think you are?

>adults
>posting cartoon frogs
>Its so ingrained in their brains they dont realize how fucking stupid it is

They are idiots because you dont get why Rick isnt supposed to be a character you like or relate to?

This thread is a Rick and Morty safe space the rest of you plebs can go back to your crappy taxi driver threads lol

New season when?

Google it when?

>not being able to like or appreciate any aspect of a show with good hand drawn animation or writing that keeps actual traditional animators employed
>taditional
Sorry to nitpick but Rick and Morty isn't traditionally animated. It's for the most part animated using symbols (could be Flash, could be ToonBoom, I dunno).

They put a lot more work into it than most studios, though. Hell even when they did the Simpsons couch gag it was pretty clear that they were way more animated than The Simpsons usually is (The Simpsons being traditionally animated besides the occasional glaringly obvious lazy shortcut).

There is still a hand drawn element to the show. Its not frame by frame, no. But its not all computers

They hand draw most of it

>source, bluray extras

been watching since they put the first ep up on YouTube.

I don't like it anymore because it looks like it's spinning its wheels and has no intention to rise about the standard animated sitcom format. That said the twist with Morty as a young rick would have been pretty great, but as usual redd*t had to ruin it

I don't enjoy it because any attempt at humor is existentialism at a level children understand, or random burping and stuttering.

>i don't like it because i'm a snob and they've made the philosophy too accessible

lol

I'm waiting for the new season, it will be great.

And fuck Cred Forumss opinion in general, most guys are cucks and special snowflakes.

Its not a sitcom...

Feel the same way about Adventure Time desu

DUDE BURPING CURSING GORE SCIENCE LMAO
Couldn't make it past the pilot

they use toonboom, they only hand draw placeholder frames

example of a scene with only placeholder frames:
youtu.be/Z_6Iaoc2aJY?t=22

second 22, because embeded youtube videos are retarded

Have tou ever even watched it? I don't think you have

I liked how when that Matriarchal society episode aired, everyone on this board kept saying the show is an SJW agenda. Yet it was painfully obvious they were making fun of what a Matriarchal society would be like by reducing the female characters to stereotypes of the gender. It's like they didn't even actually watch the episode, or saw what the premise was and just automatically went to "SJW agenda" in their brains.

How? How can some of you guys lack as much self awareness as the dumb ass SJWs you hate so much? I mean, at least you guys don't go around trying to censor people, but Jesus Christ. You don't help your case much when you don't think.