Downfall of The Office

It's generally agreed that season 2/3 was the peak of the series, but where does Cred Forums stand on its decline? Micheal leaving should've been the stopping point, but I feel like the humor became more overtly wacky/risque following Jim and Pam's wedding, especially when they had the kid.

The office has multiple downfalls. The first is after jim and pam finally get together. Then power gap to the wedding where the show goes full retard. Then it sinks even further after micheal leaves the show.

This, I just gave up the office after season 7. Only reason why I kept watching, was because I thought they'd pull a Jim and eventually bring him back, but got dissappointed when I found out he wouldn't. I did watch the final episode when he comes back for the wedding tho.

Kinda sad how many series kinda die of slowly insead of ending it on a high note, usually happens in the season 7 range as well, One Tree Hill, Scrubs, The Office, etc.

wedding was peak

Seasons 2 and 3 were the best. 4 and 5 were good, with only a few lesser episodes. 6-7 were meh, with few good episodes, with most being forgettable. 8 was bad, and 9 was shit until the final 3 episodes.

Wedding is the first big pitfall

it recovered a bit, then michael leaves and it dips again, recovers a little bit

but everything after the wedding episode is generally worse than before it

HEY MR. SCOTT

WHATCHU GONNA DO

WHATCHU GONNA DO

WHATCHU GONNA DO, MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

HAY GUYS
WANNA PLAY SOME BANJO LMAO IM SO WACKY

Why are you guys so pretentious? There is no question after Michael leaves that the show dropped off significantly, but it didn't stop being funny all together. It was still better than most other sitcoms on tv, just not near the wuality of its prime.

Who are you to say they should have stopped filming? If people still will watch, and they enjoy making it why not? Get over your fat selves.

Haha, Andy, haha, you madman!! Rev it up, buddy!

after season 7

ROO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO

You can actually pinpoint the exact moment things go to shit.

It's "Stress Relief" in season 5. Sure there were wacky, obnxious episodes before this two-parter, but this was groundbreaking in ridiculousness and I can tell you the reason why: the episode played for the first time immediately after the Superbowl.

They went full retard to appeal to the largest audience possible.

Robert California was based tho

It always fucking sucked. This and the original Brit version. Terrible. Shows for the lowest common denominator.

That's a big word!

wow damn duuuude so coool woowwww

>so guys, now that Michael is leaving, it's our chance to turn the show into a new direction
>How about making Andy the boss? He's pretty funny
>but what do we do with all this extra material we wrote for Michael and didn't get to use?
>I know JUST what to do

This.

You couldn't get to the (dare I say) understated genius that was the fuckin' Lizard King.

But I think we can all agree season 9 was almost completely bereft of any redeeming qualities.

Just watched jim and pams wedding episode for the first time today and the whole musical/walking up the aisle part was embarassing.

>that episode where he is selling his house and invites everyone over for a pool party
>gives everyone a bottle of wine and a tour of the house, everyone gets drunk as fuck
based.
Season 9 was awful but honestly the series had a pretty damn good finale, even though michael on had like what, 3 lines? and he wasnt even invited to the afterparty? the fuck is that. But creeds song at the end always gives me the hard feels

>Downfall of The Office
When it was remade for the American audience.

Watch yourself on all those edges pal

when that blonde cat lady starting flirting with that black guy... iris elba or wherever

michael.was the absolute worst part of the office. they made him almost likeable in the last 2 seasons he was on, but until thien he was cringefest central. he had a few funny skits, like prison mike. but really it was just us laughing at his absolute retardation.

anyone that says michael leaving ruined it is lazy and stupid. michael leaving brought new life to the show. james fucking spader joined for a season.

you are correct that the good writing of the office ended when pam and jim got together. that was the real story. but after that it stayed fairly consistent until the last season.

but michael was the worst character

they all legitimately hated michael. did you watch the roast episode?

I don't understand why Cred Forums autists like him. he was written, badly, to be hated. he was racist, bigotted, incompetent, and a fucking loser. his main love interest through most of the show regularly told him she hated him. that he was a mistake, but she was allowing herself to make mistakes.

michael ruined everything he touched.

yeah they all thought he was retarded and annoying but then they seemed to pull back at the end of season 7 and started making the office like him for some reason.

the scene where jim and michael are crying about him leaving always really annoyed me. its like the writers just decided that deep down they all loved michael, even though there's never been any reason, especially for jim, to care for him. in fact the two hardly ever interacted in any meaningful way. it would have made sense for that scene to be between dwight and michael. then they had that stupid musical number before he left where even stanley was singing. its like the writers forgot the reason why the show was funny was because of how blunt it was. once they started making it seem like the characters were all one big family it got embarrassing. same with the finale where dwight suddenly considers jim and pam his best friends. like where the fuck did that come from? they let the audience control the show way too much and it got way too sentimental.

>I don't understand why Cred Forums autists like him.
>he was racist, bigotted, incompetent, and a fucking loser.

...which is what Cred Forums calls being "redpilled" of course the like him he's the edgelord they want to be so much!

there were bits where jim and pam did show affection for dwight early on. the concussion episode is a good example. dwight was an assholr, but had redeeming qualities.

there was absolutely nothing redeeming about michael. he made everything worse. until the writers knew he was leaving then they completely changed his character from vindictive moron to innocent schoolboy

eh maybe with pam, but even then, it was so inconsistent it didn't feel like that their friendship was growing over the years, just that the two kind of were nice to each other occasionally.

i dont know about jim. they had moments together but at the end of the day i dont think they ever really liked each other. more that they were enemies who occasionally joined forces rather than friends who got on each other's nerves. jims entire motives for pranking dwight was because he thought he deserved it for being a weird asshole. but then in the last like 3 episodes of the show suddenly Jim loves playing along with and encouraging Dwight because he loves how weird he is and how weird he makes the office. It felt like they changed Jim's motivation just for the sake of having a sentimental moment in the finale and it always felt half-assed.