What is the best 'Lynchian' movie or tv show not directed by Lynch himself, Cred Forums?

What is the best 'Lynchian' movie or tv show not directed by Lynch himself, Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gwA-g0L94Uo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you can handle the anime try Paranoia agent

Jacob's Ladder

This. Also, Perfect Blue is basically a Mulholland Drive anime

Hannibal had some Lynch elements

Seemed more Cronenburgy.

Man I haven't watched that in years, I miss when they used to play it late at night on adult swim.

Possession is the first that comes to mind.

Possession
Enemy
The Double
Buddy Boy

Inside Job from our guy

Citizen Kane

Carnival of Souls

I really can't think of anything but whenever I read Jorge Luis Borges I can't help but think that Lynch read a lot of his short fictions at some point in his career and thought that the verisimilar in film can be deconstructed in a similar way.

Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Don't look now

Well you could always try some of the movies that inspired him. Like pic related

Yesterday some user here recommended to watch Cure from Kiyoshi Kurosawa. I watched it and it was kinda Lynchian.

Heh, off by 56 seconds

He's talking about the Refn movie.

Watched this recently and it was pretty good. The director's a huge fan of Lynch

the reflecting skin reminded me of Lynch, and it stars the extremely talented Viggo Mortensen when he was young. interesting, odd film that i'm sure women and gay men could pleasure themselves to.

youtube.com/watch?v=gwA-g0L94Uo

Wow, a film I haven't heard of. Looks good. Will be watching.

sweet. the area where it's shot is beautiful and helps with the atmosphere.

Orson Welles' The Trial

I just ordered it off amazon, so if it's not good, never speak to me or my wife's son again. Although I read the reviews, so I doubt I'll be disappointed.

Not the best example, really, but I'm fairly certain that this movie was inspired by Lost Highway and Twin Peaks, and for the most part it works.

These I think are somewhat Lynchian:
Donnie Darko
Altered States
eXistence
Naked Lunch
Videdrome
Messiah of Evil
Orphée
Pi

Is there an American version of the blu ray for Lost Highway available?
I notice amazon's stock photo only has the european version.

Nope, unfortunately.

That's lame, you'd think Criterion would be on that now after Mulholland Drive

Check for a Japanese Blu-ray, I did the same for The Straight Story and the movie is in English and everything

I saw it just yesterday and I felt the same way.

this

It's gotta be Possession.