Passengers

Either the ship wasn't really made to travel for 130 years to another planet, or Chris is lying to Jlaw and woke her up to be his waifu while he is stuck working for decades as the maintenance man.

i read the script a long time ago.

he wakes up due to a malfunction in his pod and he spends quite a while just wandering around the ship and talking to the robot bartender and shit. then he gets really lonely and decides to mess with j-law's pod to wake her up so he won't end up just dying alone on a ship without any people

spoilers dude

hence why i used the fucking spoiler tag.

Kind of sounds like an allegory for Adam & Eve

Does he turn into the villain after revealing that and JLaw kills him out of revenge or does the script still portray him sympathetically (this will trigger feminists worldwide because he is "gaslighting", literal rape, etc

sorry i just fucked up the spoiler tag, deleted my post though.

pretty sure she eventually forgives him and then they have more important shit to deal with, but it's been a long time since i read the script

How do they get their guaranteed Hollywood happy ending? Do they just grow old alone together, or do they somehow land on a habitable planet and wake everyone up?

honestly i don't even remember, it's been like 5 or 6 years since i read it and now i can't find it online anywhere. the script has been around forever.

Wasn't that pretty much the plot of this show?

BASED user

michael sheen

The ending is super fucking weird.

The ship malfunctions and ejects all the remaining pods, killing everyone but Pratt and JLaw. The last scene is "90 YEARS LATER..." and shows the ship arriving at the colony planet. The colonists watch as dozens of people leave the ship. The script describes how Pratt and JLaw had 4 children, who then did incest to produce more children, who then did incest to produce even more children...

I get the Adam & Eve symbolism but I thought the implication was that Kain and Abel found other humans roaming the earth, so no incest was involved

Pratt basically murders JLaw but then later because of a fuckup with the ship everyone who's still asleep in the pods is ejected into space and killed. So JLaw decides it was perfectly okay for Pratt to have murdered her, and they live happily ever after.

It's pretty messed up.

wait how does he "basically" murder her?

Pratt wakes up early because of a malfunction, but he's the only one who does. There's no way on the ship to go back to sleep, and no way to reach any other ships or planets within ~100 years. Pratt gets lonely by himself, so he decides to wake JLaw up to have company, basically forcing her to live out the rest of her life alone with him on the ship instead of making it alive to her destination.

Sounds gay 2bh

would be only slightly more interesting if she didn't forgive him and also that that was humanity's last ditch effort to populate another world.

You will never be stuck on a ship with you waifu and have to breed to make sure the species survives.

that's not a script, that as literally some trailer like 3 months ago

They have access to thr genetic banks of the ship. So they may have dozens of sons and daughters, but most of them are clones.