/comfyhalloween/

October is upon us, so lets discuss and recommend some horror movies on our watchlist this month.

A The Evil dead marathon is mandatory imo

I don't care much for ED2 or AoD but I love the first one. My favorite October "atmosphere" movies are:

Braindead
Ginger Snaps
Dog Soldiers
Monster Squad
Fright Night
The Blob 1989
Sleepaway Camp
Zombi
House 1986
Night of the Living Dead
Return of the Living Dead
Slither
Headless
Re-Animator
Wolfman/Frankenstein/Dracula etc. even though I don't think they hold up super well the "foggy moors" atmosphere they create is essential to a perfect Halloween spooky vibe

yes, essential halloween viewing

these are perfect! more movies to add to the list

don't look further

Dagon it's what you need

marathoned every october

Of course.

can someone post more of those horror charts that are categorized by decade, pls

Time to watch a different horror movie every night, gonna be comfy as fuck.
Pity Netflix is adding fuck-all in terms of horror this month.

The Thing goat october movie

i showed this to my friends and at the end they all kind of looked at each other and said "we were waiting the entire time for someone to put something else on" lol

Shout Factory releasing a collectors edition of it this month, fucking packed with extras.

get new friends

I watched Night of the Living Dead, The Return of the Living Dead, The Willies, TerrorVision, and Night of the Demons recently. All great.

Only other one I have.

>Pandorum

My nigga. Fucking underrated

Sisters was a boring movie

Is there a full moon recommendation picture? I've been watching the stuff they put on el ray

All of the episodes of "China Illinois".

The Babadook definitely stood out from the pack I binged last year, looking forward to rewatching it this time around.

I don't like all the movies on the chart either, for instance, avoid Horror Express.

Probably gonna marathon the whole Halloween series for starters. Seems like a no-brainer and I'm used to it being on tv every year anyway.
I'm gonna watch a ton of non-horror Halloween stuff though: Ernest scared stupid, Halloweentown (the old Disney movie) and every Halloween episode of my 200+ tv show torrent collection on a playlist. Best month ever.

>no Deranged

the VHS series is pretty cool. by the 3rd one it really found its vibe. v/h/s 2 being the best though, specifically the cult segment. though the alternate universe segment in the 3rd is also decent.
also, at the risk of sounding reddit-y, youtube in october/around halloween is always comfy, with everybody doing halloween videos

Oh & Ash vs Evil dead S2 has started at just the right time

Harry potter because its october and bc you also said comfy. This entire scene gave me a cold sweat in theaters and it was PG. and i was 19.

Also some of my favorite horrors that might be unconventional but still good
Possession
Naked Lunch
On the Silver Globe
The Shining
Braindead aka Dead Alive
Jurassic Park because why not

What are some good horror channels? I've been using YouTube for '80s horror B-movies.

The Guest

The 3rd one was shit. They dropped the horror element altogether and went full sci-fi pretty much. 1st had a few good parts, 2nd was the best by far, really good besides the zombie one. The eye was g.o.a.t.

I didn't make the chart, take it up with someone who cares.

I just watched The Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2 a few days ago for the first time.

The first one is such a weird film. It lacks a lot of what makes a movie a movie IMO. There's next to no plot and it feels like a bottleneck episode of a TV show rather than an actual narrative. It had some neat imagery and I'm sure the practical effects were pretty great for the time, but as an overall movie it just felt really weak.

ED2 had a lot more of an actual plot and, while it did have significantly more tongue in cheek and humor, I think it was by far the better movie.

ED1: 6.5/10
ED2: 8/10

>by the 3rd one it really found its vibe

are you a fucking lobotomized retard or something? That third movie was a fucking dumpster fire and killed the series

>the 3rd one it really found its vibe
I had to turn it off 3 minutes in because it was so bad

you just don't get it

wtf

not vibe as in it was the best, because that's clearly 2, but the series was never going for full on horror, it had that weird quirkyness which the third worked with quite well. v/h/s is very similar to the evil dead progression when you think about it.
>3 minutes
you realise the point of an anthology right?

What is this?

a Goosebumps episode, not sure which one though

I also forgot Alien

It's in the opening theme

Viewer beware

The shinning
Jeepers creepers
Joy ride
The conjuring

All very comforting on those cold rainy nights while you sip some hot drink

>shinning

you wouldn't believe it but vulgar auteur faggots relaly think shit like vhs is great

I hope we do a Tim Burton marathon stream this month

get new friends

Steven Soderbergh Behind The Candelabra

If it's done during the middle of the day, I'm in.