Worst jedi?

Worst jedi?
or worst jedi of all time?

You misspelt 'best'.

>not the three morons who got shit on instantly when Windu goes to arrest the emperor

>not the countless jedi """""masters""""" who were killed by one shot from retarded clones

>retarded clones
>genetic copies of a highly skilled bounty hunter
>trained in all forms of gorilla warfare and weapon tactics

He's not that bad of a Jedi. He's just kind of unnecessary to the story.

A major part of both Obi-Wan's and Anakin's backstories is that Obi-Wan took it upon himself to train Anakin. And that they were good friends

With Qui-Gon, the dynamic changes. Obi-Wan barely has any time with Anakin, and ultimately he only takes him as an apprentice out of obligation to Qui-Gon.

It also sets a precedence for Anakin and Obi-Wan having almost no time together throughout the next two movies.

A far better option would have been for Anakin to be older, for Obi-Wan and Anakin to hit it off as best buds, and Obi-Wan to think "He's pretty cool, maybe I should train him in the Force and we can be Jedi Bros together."

No prophecy, no initial tension. Obi-Wan trains Anakin, Anakin wants more knowledge and power than Obi-Wan can provide, seeks it elsewhere, falls to the Dark Side.

Obi-Wan learns his lesson, sends Luke to Yoda.

Liam Neeson would have been great to keep in the movie, but for fuck's sake Qui-Gon just screwed over any development for Obi-Wan.

>gorilla warfare

>dat saber tho

Qui Gon is based tho

>He's just kind of unnecessary to the story.
I disagree with the notion that the prequels have to focus entirely on Anakin and how he became Vader. I actually like that Qui-Gon Jinn is the main protagonist of The Phantom Menace and that Anakin is more of a side-character. And if you think about how Vader was in A New Hope, he wasn't a main character in that, he wasn't even the man villain: he was just a side-character who became more important later ("it's like pottery").

>qui_gon_lamp

Obi-Wan should have been the main character.

this would have been the best thing, Vader always worked better as the side plot. Even if he is main drive of the story, using Ewan as main view point to see the world wouldn't have been a bad thing.

Best Jedi. There are probably a few Jedi who aren't virgins and I think he is one of them.

Qui Gon is the Han Solo of the prequels. In both trilogies every hero is an obnoxious moralfag except that one bad ass who stands out.

but Kit Fisto was there :(

I honestly think that is the crux of obiwan's character is that he is surrounded by much better teachers for his entire life. His mentor would have been better with Anakin and Yoda was peak of what it meant to be a jedi. I mean he does everything well but he is not the best at anything.

Why? Kenobi's a character we already know. There's not a ton of new information you can provide there unless you really go out of your way to try and re-invent the character, but then people will just cry betrayal. All you wind up with is an entirely predictable movie.

Star Wars doesn't have to be the same couple characters over and over again. I like that Qui-Gon Jinn was the main character. I like that the new Star Wars had Rey and Finn and Poe. I like that they're doing these "a Star Wars story" movies that are going to feature other characters.

Kenobi has probably taken a few cocks in his butt.

user if anyone took something in his butt it would be kid fister

Kenobi was one of the most uptight, "by-the-books" Jedi of all time. They call Kenobi's dick Tatooine because it's just that dry.

Qui-Gon Jinn, though? Yeah, he's had some trim. Easily. At the very least, we know he fucked Shmi.

So why wasn't Qui Gon a master on the council? I mean he figured out the force projection after death ability in like 2% of Yoda's entire lifespan, and that little nigga was supposed to be the ultimate force user

Fucking faggots like Mace didn't want him there.

This fucking nonce

pretty much this. in a deleted scene attached to one of the last scenes of ROTS, Yoda even admits quigon was a better jedi than him. Essentially saying better than all the other jedi because he stayed true to the ideal and came through on the other side.

So the living force was correct answer for jedi philosophy apparently. his entire ethos was staying in the moment and helping people in the now.

>newfag

He seemed like he just kind of played by his own rules and didn't follow the Jedi code that closely, which probably rubbed a few people on the council the wrong way.

I mean the council flat out tells him not to train Anakin and he's like "yeah fuck that I'm gonna do it anyways."

based on what we know, is it better that jedi know of anakin or never find him and the sith do without giving them any influence in anakin's life like his kids?

imagine if obi/yoda never got their hands on anakin's kids.

Without quigon finding Anakin, is there ever a chance to change his mind down the road?

>newfag

It would be fine if they weren't just making capeshit with a star wars veneer

If, say, Yoda knew what we do, all he'd have to do is one of the following:

1) Not assign Anakin to protect Padme. Have him be with Kenobi and put another Jedi on Padme duty.

2) Not be a dick to him on the Jedi Council and actually listen to him when he's afraid about Padme's upcoming death, maybe try to help him through it. Oh, and don't have him spy on Palpatine. Again, he and Kenobi can go fight Grievous.

Hell, even have Mace go "you're right, Anakin, let's take him into custody" would be enough to put avert Anakin from becoming Vader.

you're right, all of those simple nudges would probably, greatly change things. I never about it like that. Lucas left a lot of crossroads in the story.

Yeah, there's so many moments in the prequels where, if someone had just done something a little differently, things would have turned out very, very differently.

name 1 canon thing Kit Fisto did that was meaningful in any way.

>Jedis had superhuman senses and agility
>Order 66 happens
>they get gunned down cluelessly

He failed to stop Palpatine, single-handedly causing the next three movies.

He smiled.

As a Jedi he was pretty terrible. He outright defied most of their orders, was too much of a rogue to be allowed on the council despite being as strong / more powerful than the other members, and basically did his own shit.

But all that's predicated on the belief that the Jedi Order is objectively correct. Qui-Gon was obviously Light Side, but he seemed a bit more centrist than everyone else, and that's what made him so great. I'd have really loved it if he used a Dark Side power or two, like Force Choking Darth Maul for a few seconds in their fight.

He couldn't even deflect Jango's blaster, fucking pathetic