ITT: Found footage films that aren't shit

After watching this and The Borderlands the other day I've found out that good found footage movies actually exist.

Other urls found in this thread:

foundfootagecritic.com/found-footage-films-database/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I like the pre sequel with Handsome Jack

This is a 9/10 film

pic related. not 100% FF though

Haunted Changi (2010) is one I come back to every year or so

Cannibal Holocaust
The Conspiracy
Afflicted
As Above, So Below

Has anyone seen Project Almanac? Is it worth watching?

maybe as a comedy

>The Conspiracy
>It's a Mithras worshipers control the world episode

>Project Almanac

one pd the most disposable dilms ube eber seen,

its so dark ib here, i wish i ciiuld touch type

Honestly, the first paranormal activity is great.

The Borderlands

the new blair with project movie looks pretty good. anyone seen it?

yeah, liked it desu

Noroi is great if you like slow burning tension like The Borderlands.

how does it compare to the original?

What's a good idea for a found footage horror feature that hasn't been done yet?

>The Borderlands

2013?

Yes

I'd like to see The Blair Witch's concept, (crew of people getting into uncharted territories and slowly turning on each other), on a space voyage to a planet that possibly has life on it.

Or a found footage version of Solaris.

Thanks my man.

>I'd like to see The Blair Witch's concept, (crew of people getting into uncharted territories and slowly turning on each other), on a space voyage to a planet that possibly has life on it.

Europa Report kind of did this, didn't it?

Well hey I'll be damned. Will watch it tomorrow.

She looks like an inbred hillbilly

If you like found footage, you need to bookmark this database.

Leaving DC was ok until they fucked up the ending.

Screamer don't click

I don't know man, it had its scary moments but all in all it felt dumb. And what was up with that hunter s thompson rip-off? He didn't fit the film and I have a vague feeling the director or writer was some druggie hunter fan and just dumped him in the movie for shits and giggles

thank you. Its not just me.. if you say shes not hot irl people will say you are crazy.. I genuinely think she looks like she has a physical problem.

if you can't enjoy dumb horror movies you're closing yourself off to so much

I thought it worked considering the movie followed a conspiracy

thats a pretty decent idea

i wanna see a film of some youts runnung around hackney or peckham robbing cunts for iphones and then getting fucked up by something.

Three movies by Shiraishi, in order of greatness: Noroi: The Curse / Occult / Cult

The first Blair Witch Project, of course

I liked The Bay, as a mockumentary was great

Cannibal Holocaust is the acknolwedged ancestor to all this genre

The Last broadcast is arguably the first contemporary found footage, you can watch it for historical hindsight but it's shitty

Lake Mungo I didn't like much but a lot of people here shower it with praise so you may want to give it a try

Tarnation is not a horror movie but it's somewhat similar to a real-life cutup Gummo, so I recommend you watch it

Chronicle is a decent found footage superhero movie, not great but worthwhile

Truth be told, after seeing the Borderlands you've seen what's arguably the greatest one. Noroi is on a similar level but it's completely different in ethos, so watch that

Troll Hunter's good, some shaky cg but a decent movie.

Oh yes, forgot about that one. Great fucking movie, everybody should watch it

NEVER see people talking about this
OG found footage, recommended

the ending sucks

Has this not been posted yet? I usually hate found footage but this is easily in my top 5 horror movies

I did mention it a couple posts above yours, and I agree with The ending is horrible, arguably on the level of some of /x/ shittier pastas. The video quality is interesting (I'm a sucker for glitched visuals) but all in all this thing is not really owrth praising.

Yes, it has been but you're right. It is objectively one of the greatest horror movies to ever be filmed. Period.

Only right answer:

Coherence.

it's not found footage but all of the cemera work is handheld so it has the same feel

in terms of realistic acting quality, it's the best kino i've seen in years. watched it with my roommate and we were absolutely interested the entire time.

i was bored by that

Coherence is great but it's not found footage in the fucking slightest.

he said that

This was pretty fun. You'll also like the sequel if you liked this

Sequel was shit. 1st was pretty gud.

Nobody ever posts this.

yes we do

Looks interesting, grabbing it as we speak.

>ITT: Found footage films that aren't shit
>After watching this and The Borderlands the other day I've found out that good found footage movies actually exist.
That's because you're a pleb shitter, so making wild retarded assumptons comes easily

Well feel free to recommend some movies to help change that.

>From the producer of X-Men and Tick r Treat

What that tells me is that nobody notable was actually involved so they had to rely on irrelevant "Remember these movies?" to attract attention

Found footage kino right here

Have you ever met a young woman called Deborah

Yes, it's pathetic and anti-artistic, but attracting attention is the way of the game, so pandering to popularity works to at least some groups of people. I don't see it as too big of a bad thing.

Don't listen to him, it's Shit. It uses the exact same scare (something pops out of nowhere but SURPRISE it's just one of the the other member so the group) at least five times. Other than that it is a bunch of nonsense jump scares and a group of people that you'll give zero shits about.

kill yourselves

Creep is pretty good.