Just watched episode 5 of Preacher

I'm so sad. Why did they do it? Why did they do it?

One of my favorite comic books. I laughed at people when they were whining about Tulip being black. I was like "she was just the best at auditoning", "who cares what the character looks like", "that doesn't mean they have an agenda".

But they made the Saint of Killers an SJW, killing racists and sexists. They made Tulip an SJW. They made FUCKING CASSIDY an SJW.

WHY WHY WHY WHY

I was so excited about this show. Why did they do it? What possible gain is there from any of this? God fucking damn it Cred Forums, I am legitimately sad.

Why do they have to make these changes? They were great at merging plotlines for the sake of brevity.

Why the fuck did they feel the need to change anything else?

Other urls found in this thread:

usdakotawar.org/history/aftermath/bounties
xroads.virginia.edu/~hyper/hns/scalpin/oldfolks.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>But they made the Saint of Killers an SJW, killing racists and sexists

>kills everybody that fucked up his chance to save his wife and daughter regardless of religion, sex or race
>SJW

I don't think we watched the same show. Also Tulip was shit from the beginning, did she kill the dog yet?

>kills everybody that fucked up his chance to save his wife and daughter regardless of religion, sex or race

what? we definitely didn't watch the same show. are you just going from your memories of the comic?

>But they made the Saint of Killers an SJW

What the fuck are you smoking nigga?

I watched the whole thing, you are only on episode 5.

Might want to shake that around in your skull a bit. Also Tulip had a miscarriage which is why she's justified in being "mad" at Jesse not helping her get revenge lol what a shitshow

>Saint rolls into town he's going to kill off later
>Everybody is an evil, violent racist(bargaining about injun and mexican scalps) or sexist(degrading women and using them as whores)

I'd love to be proven wrong on this, because I'm just depressed at this show so far. How is he not an SJW? All this effort at presenting the people he kills as "deserving death" is definitely an SJW thing to do.

>>Everybody is an evil, violent racist(bargaining about injun and mexican scalps) or sexist(degrading women and using them as whores)

You're a fucking idiot who knows nothing of history

>I watched the whole thing, you are only on episode 5.
Fair enough. But I'm not sure why you're bringing up Tulip when you quoted me on the Saint thing.

Last time I saw him, he was about to go mental on the whole town because of the animal killing thing (on top of the racism and sexism ofc). Are you saying that in future episodes, they'll reveal how the town was "fucking up his chance to save his wife and daughter"?

I assume this means it was a regular thing in the wild west, to offer people bounties for Indian and Mexican scalps?

Can you give me a source, so I can read up on that?

> the chick that plays Tulip has gotten at least 3 acting roles for the fact she fucks Dominic Cooper.

>ruth negga is banging dominic cooper

this can't be true

Since 2010

It was, actually.
usdakotawar.org/history/aftermath/bounties

Rewards for Indian scalps had been a regular thing since the 1600s, it simply hit a boom period with expansion to the west. It was also legal.

xroads.virginia.edu/~hyper/hns/scalpin/oldfolks.html

>The rather liberal payment policies of the local authorities made the scalp industry highly profitable. Indian hunters could keep any livestock or loot they recovered, civilians, soldiers, Mexican nationals, and foreigners were all eligible, and unquestioning inspectors all enticed unscrupulous men into this business. Mexican scalps were just as good as Indians, the scalps of women and children were bought for $100 (although the law made no provisions for this), and the bounties were advertised both in Mexico and North of the Rio Grande.

>The years of 1849-1850 were the true boom time, but an industry like this can obviously get out of hand (if it didn't begin by being out of hand). From the accounts it seems that no one in the South-west was safe during that year. The recent war with Mexico and the dark hair of the Mexican farmers made the peons easy targets when Indian scalps became scarce or too dangerous to acquire. Scalpers also began slaughtering any natives they could run down, including peaceful tribes like the Pimas and Yumas. Kirker and Box supposedly made rather large profits hunting agricultural tribes along the Rio Grande and Sierra Madre. Groups would also masquerade as natives and raid local villages, an act that served a dual purpose. It reinforced the necessity of the bounty laws and provided scalps that could be then sold to the governors responsible for protecting the village.

>watch preacher
>pretty sweet
>source material must be balls to the wall if the show was that decent
>read a few issues
>every panel is trying to be edgier than the last
>cringe inducing dialog

this might've been good if i were reading it as a young edgy teenager in the 90s but this is crossed levels of trying too hard.

>uses crossed as his reference point

my boy, i hope you're not trying to imply you aren't a young edgy teenager

nobody over 20 would ever use that comic as a reference point

she got the job because she was riding the main protags knob.

Thank you, this was a great read. Guess you're probably right, but I just have two concerns

1) Both sources lack contemporary sources that confirm their claims.

2) The one link that at least has a specific secondary source(though it's not contemporary, it's from 1970) only makes a reference to a particular war.

Sorry, like I said, you're probably right, but I'm a history major and this stuff is really important in our field. A lack of contemporary sources really hurts your credibility.

It's things like this part that concern me:
>Although the origins of the practice of scalping may be lost in the nebulous hinterlands of the past, the industry of scalp hunting has a specific and documented history. Although some of the particulars may be shrouded in rumors, the scalp bounty laws instituted a peculiar economic venture between the Mexican government and, primarily, American citizens.

Professional historians would read that as "i made up some stuff that sounds convincing"

I'd appreciate it if you dug up some contemporary resources to confirm the practice, just for the sake of my own curiosity.

Im not the user you replying to but Im really not surprised that like usual someone complaining about a show has barely watched it, and apparently hasnt been paying attention, and also barely remembers the comic its sourcing.

Just finish the show.

>Just finish the show.
I will. I'll also screencap your post in case you're leading me on.

What timezone are you in? Are you employed or are you a NEET? When I come back, I want you to be here.

I would be well willing to wager that in a month period I am on Cred Forums more than 99% of its visitors if not all of them.

I'll be here.

It was a corrupt town and everyone, including women and children died for it. He didn't kill them in the name of justice (you know, the "J" in SJW), he killed them for fucking with him and making him too late to save his wife and kid.

>I'd appreciate it if you dug up some contemporary resources to confirm the practice, just for the sake of my own curiosity.

And why exactly are you incapable of doing this yourself, seeing as how you're a history major and that you're the one who wants to know to begin with?

If he was hardworking or a self starter he wouldn't have been a history major.

I'm European and I don't knwo where to look regarding American history. Anyway, it was just for my own curiosity. Like I said, you're probably right, but I 'd just prefer it if I got a concrete source.

Let's hope so. Btw, my main issue is with the show's creators trying so hard to present the people the Saint is going to kill as "deserving death". And racism and sexism being their go-to qualities to make someone irredeamable

Deal desu.

You're confused. Me, the history major is asking him if he's employed. At least they teach us to pay attention and read in my Major