Where does this rank in the list of all time great TV shows?

Where does this rank in the list of all time great TV shows?

Third, after Deadwood and The Sopranos

on par with firefly.

just a bit below buffy

Third, after Baking Bread and Narcos.

It's up there definitely. Top 20 most likely.

one of the top 10,000 shows of all time

Up until episode six, top 3 with The Sopranos and The Wire. After that it falls to a top 5 show below Six Feet Under.

Breaking Bad
sopranos
Memewood

All better

fpbp

around tenth place

I watched the first three episodes of Deadwood and it really dragged, does it pick up the pace at all?

plen

>no The Wire

Contrarian faggot

Deadwood is good but Cred Forums oversells the fuck out of it.

Post-1990 TV drama rankings:

1. The Sopranos
2. Mad Men
3. The Wire
4. Deadwood
5. True Detective
6. Twin Peaks
7. Buffy: The Vampire Slayer
8. Rome
9. Hannibal
10. Breaking Bad

This is just correct, so there's no reason to reply. You're welcome.

Somewhere high up on the list, after Deadwood, Wire, and Sopranos, despite the last two episodes

what about pre 90's

>2. Mad Men

kill yourself faggot.

I haven't seen enough, I doubt 99% of people on here have

You shouldn't be discussing TV series.

easily top 5

finale was terrible

How?

>Buffy
Top lel

I don't really understand how someone could put True Detective on a par with shows that were great for 5 seasons when it only managed around 5 episodes of "greatness" and most of that was just the illusion of greatness, not especially good writing carried by excellent technical film making and performances that didn't stick the landing at all.

It's the show that superficially has the biggest resemblance to "quality" cinema but on a narrative/character level I don't see what it accomplished that's so worthwhile. It's like something on the level of Prisoners except it happened to last for 4 times the length.

suck my dick

Narrative is the least important part of film

When will the Sopranos was a good show meme end?

When will you turn 18? Cause that's the age limit here, kiddo.

every show peaks on the first season.

Nachos?

Think of Deadwood as a theatre play

Agree, sopranos was atrocious.

Listening to beta male gandolfini breath like a fag piggy, and listening to the ugly guap trash act retarded was boring. Not to mentioned all characters are unlikeable, and endless psychiatry talk. I think the lower elements of society like Sopranos and gandolfini, because he is a typical dumb working class faggot imbued with sense of power.

Only good part of Sopranos was when they stole wine from the vipers and enjoyed it.

The show is shit, like an endless fever nightmare, unenjoyable.

Now watch as the poor lower class trash sperg out.

>putting TD aboive the wire
please kill
you

nice hat woody

For a long form medium like television I think writing is the most important aspect. True Detective was superficially very impressive and thoroughly entertaining but the strength of television for me is always going to shine through more in something like The Sopranos or Mad Men when you're throroughly digging into a group of characters over the course of years of programming. True Detective could have been a long ass movie and not lost anything outside of the fun of discussion between episodes.

>Not to mentioned all characters are unlikeable

Using this as "criticism" is the best way to let the world know you're a pleb and no one should care about what you have to say.

None of the best ones.

Why? I prefer to have characters that are interesting & facinating, or atleast display charisma.

Why would I watch a show where every actor is pretty much performing like dead fish and ugly as fuck. It's like they picked up people from some shithole in brooklyn.

>interesting & facinating, or atleast display charisma.

"Unlikeable" suggests you don't like them as a person. What the fuck does that have to do with whether they're interesting or charismatic.

You are arguing completely different things now. I agree characters should have some qualities that make them interesting. But how likable they are is irrelevant.

>Hannibal
>Breaking Bad
>Twin Peaks that low
Good one

Unlikeable as in I don't like seeing these characters since they suck, reasons why have been stated

Breaking Bad might be a mistake. Hannibal isn't though. Apart from the episodic start and the chink lady in season 3 it was amazing throughout.

Not really, you haven't provided any criticism, just called them ugly in a few different ways.

That's debatable when discussing actual films intended for the silver screen.
It's incorrect when discussing television drama. A television drama is an extension of the theatrical play, it's bringing the theatre to your home.
Writing and narrative are extremely important, costume and set are extremely important, but of paramount importance are the actual dialogue and how it is performed.
That is to say, acting and writing are the two most important things to television drama, it's completely different from cinema or even other kinds of television which do rely more on cinematography, visual organization, camera direction, etc. If you think that narrative doesn't matter in drama you simply don't understand the difference between the media, whether you got memed by arthouse anons or just missed the difference on your own, I'm not sure, but you're really comparing apples to oranges.

This pasta would work better with Breaking Bad you know?

It's an extremely well shot and directed buddy cop drama with the added bonus of a 8 hour running time.

Top 5 unless u r feminist bazinga trash

i have a thread related to this pls check it