At what point did you give up on the Simpsons?

At what point did you give up on the Simpsons?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Girl_Code
youtube.com/watch?v=kZu5iDTtNg0
youtube.com/watch?v=39ZCWIgDgOk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Homer_of_Seville
youtube.com/watch?v=WoGqA0OPAzc
youtube.com/watch?v=opk4x7jzRS4
youtube.com/watch?v=_NT2ZiPIukw
youtube.com/watch?v=m78gYyTrG7Y
salon.com/2015/09/21/im_a_pedophile_but_not_a_monster/
youtube.com/watch?v=fG3VoX52nmk
youtube.com/watch?v=tLSy8Tl2bjs
youtube.com/watch?v=TlqKFlU7YAs
youtube.com/watch?v=SDCg7f93R6o
youtube.com/watch?v=V1T5PH83Ba0
youtu.be/RfAtHtd9EiQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Years before OP's episode aired.

Season 21.

Is that an actual episode? Do they at least make fun of feminist news, or is lisa played as absolutely righteous and progressive?

About 10 years ago.

It was shit as soon as it entered the 2000s

I only stopped watching new episodes when we cancelled our Sky subscription which was about 2003.
Then I went back and watch some episodes from that time like Bart meets Tony Hawk and Bart meets 50 Cent and I realised how bad they actually were.
Kinda glad us Bongs didn't get new episodes for a couple of years so it felt like we got prime Simpsons for a little longer.

Season 14
Although in retrospect it should have been earlier.

lady gaga episode

whats happening in this scene

Isn't ape gay now?

Did anyone else get an erection at this scene?

I would honestly say that it was probably the episode where Sideshow Bob brainwashed Bart to kill Krusty. It really bugged me that they reverted him back to "kill Bart and Krusty" mode after he came to a certain peace with them in "Brother From Another Series". I thought that episode was a nice little conclusion to his character arc.

I wish I could recall as Cred Forums made a fuss about it, but no, it's played straight. Girls make an app for something stupid related to gender.

I think no, the episode made it seem like he was but in the end, it was some trick.

That Heavenly Creatures references episode with Lisa's lesbian new friend and their imaginary book.

Either that or he was a cuck or something.
>mfw I'm not even kidding

>Meanwhile, Lisa is in a coding class led by a tough female coder named Quinn, who immediately decides to make Lisa her protege. After Homer's firing, she pitches an idea for an app that can predict the negative effects of a social media post. Her teacher is impressed and starts a female exclusive coding company in the Simpsons house, along with a token male hire in Comic Book Guy.

somewhere around 98 or 99. do you faggots really just watch tv you dont like?

I started banging whores around 98. I got tired of banging whores around 01. do i did almost no tv watching in those years. and by then I had a tivo. bloop blop.

I thought the simpsons was shit in 98

Season 12. That had the episode with Krusty's daughter. I caught a few minutes of other episodes as the seasons went on, but there was no sign of improving.

Glad I dropped it.

I wonder if that was around the season that ended with Homer and Marge running around Springfield naked. That's the last episode I remember recording.

Quite honestly, I think I stopped at season 8.

S1E01

>mfw it's real
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Girl_Code

I honestly don't remember any psrticulsr episode besides the monirail and mr plow. I am probably autistic, but I definitely do not care enough about a cartoon to memorize the anthology. like you, aparently.

i watched original simpsons on tracy ulman with my grandma. and simpsons was pretty good growing up. but it was getting bad around 98, and at that point all my 16 year old brain thought about was banging whores.

by the time I started watching tv again simpsons was fucking ruined and gilmore grils was great.

britbong

It used to be shown 6.00 weekdays mon-fri, so I grew up on it. I never really stopped, it just moved to cable channels and I lost track of it. after hearing about it I just wasnt interested into getting back into it.

pity, at time i would've said it was the greatest show ever and if it ended a lot sooner I might still think that way.

The film.

I'd stopped watching it around 2002 but when the film came out around 2006, I took my sister to see it. We'd often have The Simpsons while growing up with two parents who worked their arses off to save money to give us a better life, so watching the film was a big nostalgia trick for Grace and I.

It was fucking glorious. That was when I realised I didn't need to watch the television show anymore because it went out on such a high note.

To me, it no longer exists.

the film gets some shit (it really should've come sooner) but I like it.

Homer and Bart saving springfield (and jumping the gorge) was a nice callback and ending to the show.

last straw was when lisa got the restraining order and bart was treated like a dog. fucking disgusting...

Honestly speaking, it was around season 15, I just slowly grew tired of it at that point and stopped following new episodes. Looking at the wiki, I've apparently haven't even seen most of the episodes from that season

The last straw for me was that fucking atrocious Tony Hawk episode. Apparently that was the fourteenth season.

That being said, I stopped watching simpsons regularly around Season 11 (Furious D, Behind the Laughs are the only real episodes I even remember from when I really stopped watching)

That Tony Hawk episode though, wow, how low can you go.

Seriously, Behind the Laughs is the canon "finale" of the Simpsons for me.

I've heard most people say it's good to season 10 but I got bored two or three seasons before that. Just wasn't as entertaining by that point for some reason.

when they were singing that stupid Kesha song

August 13, 1997

no new episode aired that day. what happened, user?

go away matt stone and/or Trey Parker

That was 16 years ago user

Not sure WHEN I stopped watching. But yesterday reminded me WHY

Watched an episode that must be from a later season, the futurama cross over one.

So fucking bad.

I still watch every single new Simpsons episode from old habit. I know they're not good, I know they're shoving some SJW crap down my throat, but I just can't stop until the show itself stops.

The feminist programmer episode was the far most disgustingly bad Simpsons episode I had ever seen. It's even worse than the Gaga episode.

>coder name Quinn who's openly sexist and biased against men
>openly declares that she's giving preferential treatment to Lisa because she's a girl
>Lisa is completely OK with this
>expect the whole episode to the feminist programmers to get the Simpsons treatment, Lisa realizing that "counter sexism" means just more sexism etc. but NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE
>no payoff, the feminist programmer group doesn't get schooled, no justice, nothing
>moral of the episode: men are bad, the end

There was also another feminist episode in the same goddamn season where Lisa finds the secret history of the feminist inventor who invented the first computer.

December 16 1991

This intro is the best thing Simpsons has offered in years
youtube.com/watch?v=kZu5iDTtNg0

And it's not even from the real Simpsons animators and writers, but from the guest artist.

do you remember when the couch gags used to be no more than a few seconds long?

me neither

You're the reason its still on.

>that fucking perspective
jesus christ almighty

Holy shit that was ACTUALLY pretty good desu

The max power callback was pretty neat if that's what it was

Watched it for a long time because muh nostalgia, but I could not finish the Lady Gaga episode. That's where I drew the line.

>TFW There will never be Simpsons episodes on the level of One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish, Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily, Bart the Mother, Last Exit to Springfield etc ever again.

These are worse than Cred Forums's WoW threads

Just let it go, fuck.

I've given up on it at several points. I'm indifferent to it now. I don't really even have any interest in watching old episodes anymore. I'm trying to limit my television watching these days. The Simpsons is too irrelevant to matter anymore.

>watch new episodes of simpsons
>don't find them funny or entertaining at all
>think I'm just growing old and out of them
>think I'm just blinded by nostalgia and Simpsons was never good
>check out some of the older episodes for the heck of it
>Flaming Moe's episode
>holy fucking shit, fucking comedy gold

Look at the comfy soft art style, the direction, the camera angles, the music, the contrast between lights and dark background.

youtube.com/watch?v=39ZCWIgDgOk

The fuck's going on with those chair legs?

I'd like to think I gave up around season 10 because season 8 is the last one I really like. But I did the research and I didn't stop until season 12.

I can't believe I spent 4 years hoping that shit would get better...

holy shit

When you dish upon a star is where I draw the line, that's the first time an episode is centered around real life celebrities with their real names. After that it only gets worse with the celebrity cameos.

Remember when Simpsons made fun of identity politics instead of enabling them?

Did you know, Cred Forums?

There was a point in time where your parents used to pick you up, play with you, and hold you. Then one of those times, they never, ever picked you up again.

Do you remember that moment, Cred Forums?
I don't.

That's how I feel about the Simpsons. All I remember is that I used to watch it. And then, nothing.

What the FUCK is with those chair legs

Someone post that comparison picture with celebrity appearances in old Simpsons and celebs in new Simpsons.

Simpsons when it went digital had a massive fucking drop in quality imo.

It's not only the angles, softer art, softer colours, but I swear to god the actual animation went to shit and became all stiff as well.

I would say even up to the end of season 12, there was still a few good episodes sprinkled in there. Looking at the list of episodes on Simpsons World, I can actually recall the period where my interest in the show was starting to wane, and I wasn't eagerly awaiting each new episode every Sunday. I would like to know how much ratings dropped off around the '98 to '00 period. It seems like that's when everybody but the most hardcore started jumping ship, and most everyone was done by the early '00s. There's no way the shows still gets good ratings nowadays. I'm convinced that merchandising is the only thing keeping it alive.

I just kind of stopped watching less and less, I imagine it's the same for most people.

Saying that the last episode I recall watching was the Kid Rock episode, what an awful fucking episode that was.

>your words matter more than real evidence ever could

This would never be made today

>holy fucking shit, fucking comedy gold

Yep, Simpsons from S2 to about midway through S10 is utter fucking comedy gold, then it becomes more hit and miss. (People consider Bart the Mother to be the final episode of classic simpsons, though Behind the Laughter is often cited as where the show should have ended)

Golden Era simpsons isn't just good. It's outright comedy genius. I don't think it's a stretch to say that Golden era Simpsons is the best thing that has ever been on TV.

Holy shit, yeah that was by far the worst episode I ever watched.

And Lisa never even apologizes in the end it's just fucking frustrating to watch from the beginning to the end.

Top 10 Worst Simpsons episodes:

S22E13 - The Blue and the Gray

S21E16 - The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed

S24E04 - Gone Abie Gone

S17e01 - bonfire of the manatees

S23E22 - Lisa Goes Gaga

S18E18 - The Boys of Bummer

S20E18 - Father Knows Worst

S22E14 - Angry Dad: The Movie

S26E09 - I Won't Be Home For Christmas

S11E19 - Kill the Alligator and Run

I think this was the first episode that I didn't just dislike but actively hated (S12)

I thin I dropped the simpsons somewhere in S13

>Angry Dad

I'm still mad that that episode was ever made

It was also one of the only ones from later seasons that I watched, I think channel 4 just bought season 22 and kept playing it a few years ago

same, but this episode

Season 1 Episode 1

Was Jesus, dare I say it, /ourguy/?

>not Judas

when the art style kinda changed. think that was around season 8? it stopped looking funny which was equally as big a crime as the writing declining.

I hadn't been watching it week to week like I once was since about 2002/2003. I'd catch the odd new epsiode here and there and whenever they'd show older episodes I'd watch them.

But I think the point in which I stopped watching anything new was this episode (pictured). I don't think a show has ever quite pissed me off as much as this one did. Seriously, fuck this episode and fuck The Simpsons.

Judas felt bad about it afterward like a cuck

>spider pig xDD

>/r/eddit

>edgy user pretending spider pig wasn't hilarious

I can agree with that. Classic Simpsons and Mystery Science Theater 3000 are my two favorite TV shows of all time.

It honestly wasn't though. Are you underage or something? Or just have a shitty sense of humour?

I just watched this episode after seeing that screenshot and not truly believing it was real.

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Anyone who still believes that the simpsons is in any way redeemable has to watch this. It's so fucking bad.

This post made me stare at a shotgun for 5 minutes.

Not him, but spider pig wasn't funny. The film was still good though.

You have good taste user

It's hard to tell because right around then Neilsen changed their audience measurement metric from households to viewers but the decline is noteworthy and ongoing

And the first episode of the newest season pulled only 3.3 million viewers.

what the fuck am i watching

I actually thought I stopped around s12 - s13.

Checking it now, it appears I went upto at least 14 & faded between s15 - s17.

I used to watch episode here and episode there for years but I think season 19 opera singer episode is where I finally realized that I get absolutely nothing out of it anymore.

This one?

VENDETTA! VENDETTA!

I used to love the Simpsons. I grew up in the golden age, as many of us did. I would watch every episode as it aired.

Then I would wait until a whole season ended and binge it all in 1-2 days. It was okay but a few episodes were duds, but still a good use of a lazy Saturday.

Then Lady Gaga happened and I wondered if I was out of touch, but realized that no, it was the kids who were wrong. I never went back.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Homer_of_Seville

Does that take into account people that recorded the show? More people watch TV online now as well.

There were five minutes when I thought the episode was great as a deconstruction and satire of the celebrity guest star episode in general, complete with the ending where Lisa says the most important lesson she's learned is to just be herself.

Then I realized the writers were being completely genuine.

How the hell did the ratings peak between 2002-2003? I guess this was during the Family Guy, Simpsons and King of the Hill lineup?

FOX doesn't get advertising revenue from BitTorrent or FavelaTwerkingAndSimpsonsEpisodes.hue streams

The clearest sign of crisis is that at the end of Season 23 FOX flat out told the cast "take a massive pay cut or the show's over" and the cast went "o-okay"

They rolled back a massive pay raise that they had fought for in the 90s as "pay us more or we walk"

They switched from measuring households to individuals.

The spring break episode
The one with the crocodile

Look again, Season 14 is higher than 13 and much higher than 15

I watched one the other day where Bart gets a pigeon then santa's little helper eats it so he's mad

it was beyond bad, it was just bewildering

There were numerous occasions where there should have been a joke but the characters just stood there without saying anything. Like honestly I thought it was a joke I was missing it was so weird

anyone else know what I'm on about?

>Not a single non-weirdo

Bart was being a cunt though

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean.

Addendum: I will still watch the Halloween episode every year if I remember. They're not as good as they used to be but they still have the same classic Simpsons flavor for the most part.

It's kind of a shame really. The later Futurama seasons weren't as good but they still had great jokes, they just had poor storylines. You could still watch for the jokes and action scenes, which were fine animation, even if you cared less about the characters.

Late Simpsons is just painful to watch and the jokes just seem lazy. I could forgive a lot if it was actually funny, but it's not.

>They're not as good as they used to be but they still have the same classic Simpsons flavor for the most part

I found them to just be "how many references to things that were hot about a year ago can we cram in"

New Futurama was about as bad as new Simpsons desu.

No way only the last season was even close. There are tons of good episodes after they came back.

This is how Sunday's episode ended

HAHA LOOK AT US NOW EVERYONE'S USING IPHONES AND IPADS AND LAPTOPS, LOOK ALL THE CHARACTERS YOU SITES LIKE CHOOGLE AND VIEWTUBE AND ACEBOOK, OOPS SORRY I GOTTA TAKE THIS CALL ON ME SMARTPHONE, LOL JK I'M ONLY MEMEING I'LL JUST TEXT THEM BACK ON MY MESSENGER APP, ISN'T IT GREAT LIVING IN THIS HIP YOUNG COOL TRENDY INTERNET AGE WHERE EVERYONE USES MAPPLE PRODUCTS!

god I fucking hate new simpsons, whoever writes for them needs to be gassed

I politely disagree but respect your opinion.

holy shit how can you program on such a tiny ass laptop screen. You'll kill your eyes and posture in a couple of weeks

Holy fuck did that episode enrage me

They basically destroyed over ten seasons of continuity by having Homer and Marge date in the 90s. I can't wait for them to make an episode about them dating in the early 2000s when Homer was in a pop punk band

hmmmmmmmm

Remember when this was a different joke ?

no because that never happened, idiot

>quinn
GAMERGAAAAAAAAATE

Remember that joke where Homer needed an oxygen mask when sleeping but then he started chocking on the tubing?

Some day Homer and a heavily pregnant Marge will walk out of The Force Awakens and Homer will blurt out "Can you believe Kylo Ren killed his dad Han Solo?" in front of the line of people waiting to buy tickets

I member

Reminds me of this:
youtube.com/watch?v=WoGqA0OPAzc

Why are they so mean to Ralph? How is retarded kid getting hurt funny?

>How is retarded kid getting hurt funny?
In several ways desu

>chocking

Choking.

Season 10 did it for me, even tho I occasionally watch later episodes, including new ones. Some things that I would like to add:

People have told me the simpsons are back, referencing that boyhood episode or that lisa/homer halloween episode.

No, the simpsons aren't back and those episodes are shit. However, they are better than the shit show that the show became during the early 00s. The difference is that the new episodes almost serve as a reboot, many characters have adopted a new personality or "thing" and completely erases any old traits, unlike the early 00s when it felt like they were raping the old show.

However, I gotta admit that the Adventure Time intro disappointed me in ways the series never did before. It made me realize the kind of people running the show now.

>homer got fired
what "what happened with remember, you're here forever"?

This is good, but it's a shame they had to shove that Maggie gag at the end (plus the weirded out faces of everyone there)
Ending it with the "Damn reruns" would've been perfect.

>flowcharts

when they had CIA guest star

The Simpsons never cared too much about canon lad.

youtube.com/watch?v=opk4x7jzRS4

The final nail in the coffin was the episode when Bart went back to New York City to find his old girlfriend
Despite the fact that Homer loathed New York as we've seen before, the writers felt the need to make him love the city for no apparent reason. Also compare them entering NYC from Season 9 to the song Theme from New York New York to the Season 22 version of them entering to Beyonce's New York
That comparison pretty much sums up the difference between classic Simpsons and neo zombie Simpsons

>implying

youtube.com/watch?v=_NT2ZiPIukw

>implying
youtube.com/watch?v=m78gYyTrG7Y
>they didn't even realize this was a jab at them

what is the connection between what you said and the clip?

Homer gets fired a lot

It implies Homer is going to be fired. Can't remember if this is before or after "You're here forever" but it doesn't matter. The risk of Homer being fired is in many classic episodes.

The very moment that the focus of the show shifted towards Lisa.

In the case of that clip, it was either an empty threat or marge made him go on Monday.

YES IT WAS

IT HAD BART HOLDING A BARE BREAST

this isnt from the show dummy

fuck off with your forced meme

They seem to be even meaner to Moe, the only time he ever shows up anymore is to make a joke about how ugly or suicidal he is.

>Lisa is a central character
>Is it righteous?
Pretty silly question to ask user

There are literally like ten episodes where Homer gets fired.

Why did Lisa join an 80's biker gang?
Why is a biker gang using computers?

>tfw they intentionally made it hard to look up the episode where Moe steals Homer's drink idea

Tell me Cred Forums, at its best, which was better?
>The Simpsons
>Futurama
I think Futurama was funnier.

When Swartzwelder quit

>Flaming Moe's
>Flaming Moe
Why would they do this?

Ill say futurama, although the last series was not so good.

if itn ended with Benders big score it would be kino

They made him the focal point of the creepiest episode of the whole series

>even homer got a husbando before I did

Because it's 2015

I mean, come on

I prefer Futurama but it's pretty close desu

its meant to be a midget but it looks odd

I still watch the new eps when they're released. I don't expect them to be funny (and they're not) but I still find it strangely interesting to see them in a contemporary context. its sort of like a morbid curiosity rather than entertainment

I don't really watch TV anymore so I don't watch them upon their first airing but will always DL it and watch it on monday or whatever. will only watch them once before deleting and forgetting them forever

This episode was when I gave up
>Not a single horror parody in a fucking Treehouse of Horror
>An entire skit where Homer is paralyzed and he can only communicate in farts, I shit to you. Then at the end of the episode when becomes Spiderman and he swings on webs that he shits out
>an Avatar parody 2 years after Avatar fucking Avatar came out

This was so fucking horrible.

Simpsons is funnier
Futurama is on par with season 8/9 but it hit a fucking wall when they uncancelled it

Are you high or something?

>but it hit a fucking wall when they uncancelled it
That abomination wasn't Futurama.

Sorry, tired. But the gist is there, that episode was terrible.

There was no visual indication of her age whatsoever.

She's drawn exactly like how The Simpsons draws kids.

When Family guy Season 4 came out and it was much more funnier

I'd fuck that.

>I think people who vote are a little fruity

I still quote this almost every day

It's shown very quickly in that episode that she's a midget though

A few years after the movie came out, 2009 maybe
I still rewatch some old episodes sometimes but the new ones i just can't

S9 has some of the all time funniest sequences. Immediately I'm thinking scenes from Bart Carny and the opening scene from Lisa the Skeptic but there are tons more.

The movie was absolute fucking dogshit that pretty much told you the concept was dead

Paedophilia is the next on the list for the left to push. Mark my words, in the next few years there will be an effort to normalise paedophilia.

WAKE UP IN THE MORNIN FEELIN LIKE P DIDDY

Why is it that when the older Simpsons episodes made pop culture references it worked but nowadays it just seems jarring and annoying? Is it because they're too force nowadays?

>Paedophilia is the next on the list for the left to push
Why do you fucking retards keep saying this shit? They don't even like a woman fucking a guy while drunk so why the fuck do you think they'd be down for kiddy fiddling? You're fucking retarded

not sure, I wanna say the old simpsons stayed to classic stuff rather than whats popular but I might be remembering it wrong.

As more and more becomes socially acceptable the left needs to find new client groups to act as 'oppressed' people to champion and rent-seek off of. Paedophilia is next, hell it's already started.

salon.com/2015/09/21/im_a_pedophile_but_not_a_monster/

Jesus H. Christ, there have been 16 seasons of The Simpsons since the last time I watched the show on tv (not counting the movie), this is fucking sickening. I feel like I had some awareness of this, but have repressed the information until seeing this chart.

it's because there were far less and they seemd to be more adult references (e.g to a political event) rather than to child's tv or a musician popular with teens

also it seems nowadays that instead of making a joke using a pop culture reference, the pop culture reference IS the joke. It's just lazy

Here's the second worse Simpsons intro
youtube.com/watch?v=fG3VoX52nmk

Probably not. If anything society is moving away from paedophilia being normalised, though there was definitely an attempt at it in the past (look up the relationship between the Labour Party and PIE for example)

>Why
false flagging.

why are they always so long nowadays

they used to be a few seconds tops

Yeah that article treats them like the literal fucking mentally ill retards they are, not exacting saying "it's OK to fuck kids bro lmao!"

What is this genre? Like, I actually want to watch more of this neo-retro 80s stuff. Or the real retro 80s stuff.

I just need more, it's so good. I know Simpsons didn't start it and I've seen it everywhere, and I listen to music like Miami Nights but what is the actual genre and what can I watch with it?

So they don't have to indebt as much into making the actual episode fit the run-time

The prophet and founder of the world's soon-to-be largest and most influential religion was married to a nine-year-old.

Persecution of pedophilia is Islamaphobic and bigoted.

Classic Simpsons made fun of classic pop culture. New Simpsons makes fun of contemporary pop culture. And since pop culture moves so fast they can't possibly keep up. They'll probably slip in a Harambe joke this season.

and when the 'next few years' have passed and that hasn't happened, I suppose it will happen in the next few years after that?

Have they made a youtube toy channel parody yet? That's got to be coming soon

>denmark literally just legalized child brides but just for muslim immigrants

>ruining a perfectly good Simpsons thread

Isn't there a Chris Hansen thread you can do this in?

first it was homosexuals, then it was transgenders, paedophilia is the next client group they'll seek out

Family guy had constant teen and baby rape jokes 13 years ago already this isn't new

Are you like one of those fags who look up clips of Homer Badman and comment "Woooow the Simpsons predicted the future!"

Give me a break

God I hate the new simpsons art style so much. It's too crisp, too clean, too bland.

Ya that and they say pedophilia will be normalized next by the left meanwhile they say feminists raised the age of consent.

Sweden has some catching up to do
No one fucking cares about transgender cunts or pedos, it's called lip service, they don't make up enough of a voting bloc to give a fuck about

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

You're wrong, though.

They're going to move on incest next. Game of Thrones is normalizing it.

Beasiality needs it's turn, too. The Canadian Supreme Court just ruled that it's legal to do anything with a dog except for penetration.

It doesn't matter if the individual people involved in the activism legitimately care or not. The LGBT lobby punches way above their weight politically because they have virtue signalling on their side. Basically if you don't agree with them then you're branded a racist, bigoted, misogynistic, homophobic, trans-phobic etc.

Around 2005 I think, I was around 12. I noticed it was going downhill but still watched it Sunday night out of habit. One night I was playing video games and I realized, 'oh I'm missing the simpsons' but then realized I didnt care.

yes unfortunately incest and beastility are going to have their turn too at some point, it's just the logical continuation of leftist ideology

google synthwave

How does a screenshot of them reporting on a story say they are normalizing incest? You're being worse than salon.

It's the same thing in Sweden. Muds show up with their 13 year old wives and the migration board just goes "ok have your free apartment sir"

WTF, When did Lisa join Huffington Post?

this shotgun made me stare at your post for 5 minutes

they've been pro-trans for decades. its not some fad that blew up from nowhere in the last 3-4 years

they've never been pro-pedophilia. why would they suddenly start promoting it?

youtube.com/watch?v=tLSy8Tl2bjs

IT ALL MAKES SENSE

I MEAN ITS NORMAL FOR MEN TO WANT YOUNG FERTILE WOMBS, BUT IF YOU DATE SOMEONE UNDER 20 YOU ARE A DEGENERATE JEW MUSLIM PEDOPHILE

WAKE UP SHEEPLE

he also had over 10 wives and some concubines.
i see the left supporting this very soon.

youtube.com/watch?v=TlqKFlU7YAs

hate to shill but this was much better done here, its clear Ssimpsons have a bias where as SP has kept non partisan.

>synthwave

I know the music, I mean shows and movies.

no please don't link this shit again

Lady Gaga was in an episode? I'm mildly intrigued. What did she do in that episode?

As for me. One day I was bored on Sunday around the new Simpsons was on so I turned on my TV. The intro had Lisa singing that Tik Tok song by Kesha. I cringed so hard I turned my TV back off.

When I saw this I thought it was mocking Hillary's campaign adverts as being absurd, but no it's another unfunny "lol, trump is hitler XD" joke. Don't get me wrong, I think Trump should get mocked as much as possible but there should at least be some fucking originality and actual truth behind it.

>Paedophilia is the next on the list for the left to push
Correct, what matters is that the people they elect to represent them don't fucking care and just say some gay shit about how much they sympathize to get some (you)'s on the ballot that will never become law outside of occasional city ordinances

youtube.com/watch?v=SDCg7f93R6o

DUDE POP CULTURE LMAO

I don't know if you're playing ignorant but it was literally an entire episode based around Lady Gaga. It was like a Lady Gaga TV show featuring the Simpsons

>What did she do in that episode?
She made friends with Lisa and taught her the value of just being herself in the schmaltziest and most generic way possible.

Also Homer vandalized her meat dress.

>Lady Gaga was in an episode? I'm mildly intrigued. What did she do in that episode?
Mr Slave put her in his ass

lel I like Cred Forums most of the time but sometimes they can be pretty retarded.

>Paris Hilton was 15 years ago

It needs to be seen to be believed, remember that episode where Lisa has a crush on that teacher that inspires her? Replace him with Lady GaGa

Am I imagining things or did this not originally have the Pokemon references?

i guess i must have missed the episode where marge was diagnosed with throat cancer.
what the fuck has happened to her poor vocal cords?

Haha, CURRENT THING is so funny!

Are we all in agreement that South Park is currently the best of the long-running cartoons?

They took the animation out of the ipad episode, no joke

youtube.com/watch?v=V1T5PH83Ba0

Why the fuck would they do that?

Jesus.

So they don't have to pay a gook some USD

yes, although you could argue its a thing that shouldn't exist

This was literally the episode where I dropped it for good. Even if I didnt keep up with new episodes, I watched them later at some point, but after this episode I just stopped and have no desire to watch any new simpsons again. I've been bored of this show for years now, but this was the final nail.

around the murder mystery episode

Losing Phil Hartman and Conan killed the show forever.

Losing the rest of the talent to Futurama didn't help either.

Don't know, all the long running cartoons have been unwatchable shit for years.

Conan wrote like two episodes and left years before Hartman.

I try to forget.

I try so hard to forget.

Was more about Hartman, I agree.

Moonbeam city

Is that Kazinsky thing a Kavinsky joke?

I wasn't allowed to watch it as a kid so I've been watching from the beginning while catching the new ones as they come out. Currently on season 7. Season 27 was okay, better than I thought it'd be since everyone dumps on season 11 onward.

The Simpsons is dead to me now.
Used to watch it every Sunday when I was young when the single pay TV channel had a free to view 2 hour slot.

Carried on watching just for the nostalgia but since they changed to the 16:9 format I couldn't stand it anymore.

F

of course they did, they had to or else the episode will be seen as pedophilia in most countries

>Sweden has some catching up to do
sweden is beginning to regulate the whole thing and soon will make it illegal for immigrants to have a wife under the age of 18

>tfw got banned from Simpsons for years because I choked a girl out in kindy
Shame I didn't ban myself for life in hindsight

>great speeches
>a.Hitler
don't remember him writing that book

Lisa episodes were never good

It wasn't just Conan. The show had MIT graduates and people who don't really had a place in comedy working for the show. Sam Simon running the show was probably the most important part of the classic era, he singlehandedly sold the show to James L. Brooks and picked Swartzwelder, Vitti, Meyer, Martin, Jean, Reiss, Kogen and Wolodarsky as the main writers for the show.

Like I said earlier, that adventure time intro shows what kind of people are behind the show right now.

>Moonbeam city

ty

How great would the Simpsons be if they ended with these three episodes?

Homer's Enemy (acknowledges how bombastic and wacky the show has become)
The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase (send off for many side characters and Troy McClure)
The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson (has the family in their classic roles)

Which is the best episode and why is it the one where they go to New York?

I miss it too user, when they found their stride it was actually really funny

sad that the channel didn't like the show and started pushing it towards the graveyard shift

9/11 lmao

It's good, but the best is Homer Badman

fuck off

Ended right now with those or ended when those episodes aired?

Behind the laughter is probably a better show, even tho the episode is shit.

didn't they do an episode years later where homer likes new york?

In my mind, Simpsons ended with "Behind the Laughter".

Quick, predict the premise for the series finale!

Non-stop jokes like FG or Simpsons after that point, but without being shit.

Season 15

>tough female coder named Quinn

Oh fucking hell.

Good job, Cred Forums.

a trip through memory lane, perhaps a callback story with side show bob.
ending with the family on the couch.

or I would hope they would go nutz and nuke the planet or something

OH CANADAAAA

It's another Lisa episode or Lisa gets the final dialogue.

One user once coined the perfect ending, basically repeating the The Telltale Head with the town realizing that they've been through that before and that the town is kinda alive thanks to the Simpsons shenanigans. Homer and Bart come home, everyone goes to sleep and ends with Homer turning the TV off.

I think it was perfect because of how little Lisa or Marge are involved.

There's no way. They have stories for years.

S16E01

Homer realizes he doesn't want to be here anymore and kills himself, hopefully the writers and producers do the same

2001 style ages of man scene

>Quinn
Please tell me this is a joke.
>googled it and it's not a joke
I want the Simpsons to end more than ever now. This is fucking raping the corpse of a show that once fucking ruled pop culture and defined our humor back in the day.

Honestly, the Lady Gaga episode killed it for me too. It made me realize once and for all that the Simpsons are dead. There was no clearly defined plot and it all revolved around spotlighting the famous guest star they got there to do literally nothing else but to throw meta jokes. The Simpsons family barely was in that fucking episode. The one that started the landslide for me personally was the Italian Bob episode where Sideshow Bob had started a family in Italy. It was a clusterfuck of biblical proportions and made no goddamn sense at all.

Flaming Homoe

VENDETTA VENDETTA

You know I just realized I never watched the Futurama/Simpsons crossover. I feel like I need to watch it.

brb 23 mins

DON'T DO IT

S21E04, Treehouse of Horror XX, the one with the mad cow zombies, but my viewership was already spotty at that point and I was missing two or three episodes in a row sometimes. Still, I'm surprised I lasted as long as I did.

I hope you don't expect anything but pure shit.

FUTURAMA/Simpsons

Its shit too though

Lisa becomes an atheist

*roll eyes*

ummm.... could you literally just, jlike........ NOT!???!?! ugh i cant even right now

What I meant was after watching Simpsons Guy I resolved that I would never, ever watch the Futurama episode

it was my brekaing point too: That Tony Hawk episode was a cringe fest beyond repair for me.

Here is a summary:
youtu.be/PpcZ3dCr3Ow?list=PL31Jrv3uvZ45cROt-0-EBcFbr1ZHXuPqB

They should have ended right here on this punchline

Homer and Bart are central characters, they do all kinds of stupid shit.

You meant Lisa is a central female character, and must therefore always be portrayed as right and smart.

>tfw there will never be a sincere, heartfelt Simpsons episode like Marge Be Not Proud, ever
The only thing to comfort me is that the old episodes have such a high re-watch value that you can just keep watching them again and act like it ended with Behind the Laughter

It's a bummer that right at the end it looked like they were finding their humor that wasn't just being random and ripping off other ideas so blatantly and then they get cancelled.

I don't think Lisa is a gender thing really, she's just an insufferable cunt in every way and now they don't even bother to show that she can accept other people don't agree with her bullshit

Bart being more and more miserable everytime they do a look to the future episode must be the dumbest shit to be mad at, but goddamn it gets me there.

He was supposed to be a Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.

I remember watching one of the later Treehouse episodes, specifically the dolphin attack segment and thinking 'wait a minute, this really sucks'. I never had that thought about the SImpsons before especially a treehouse episode.

>dolphin attack treehouse
>later

That's like 15 years old.

When my Cred Forumsbros became critical of it. I just want to fit in!

At least he somehow gets younger between when Homer and Marge throw him out and when he's a divorcee

>different dropping points ITT
lel

These threads keep making me incredibly sad... It's really painfull too to see your favorite show turn into utter shit year after year. It's like watching the love of your life turning into a senile 93 yrs fetid pool of excrement...

eh, it's later for me.

S14 is the last with decent episodes. Seasons 5-9 are the greatests, and it goes downhill from that point forward.

Any other opinion is wrong.

S15 has several okay episodes.

Around season 13.

Season 10 was the last with decent episodes. Onwards only had decent jokes from time to time. 3-6 are the greatest.

that's fucking hot

yes, but the band name is brilliant

When Marge was thinking about being a lesbian

I stopped watching broadcast tv and I never bothered to stream or download anything Simpsons related.

And pointless celebrities cameos
don't forget them

Oh boy Alec Baldwin!

Was Homer at Bat the best use of celebrities in a Simpsons episode?

do you understand how quotation marks work?

Probably. It's the only time they've got that many in without it being forced

Around the time of the movie. It should've ended around there.

No, Dustin Hoffman was.

I would say Krusty gets Kancelled also, especially for an episode that has more than one guest star

>I dropped the simpsons somewhere in S13

Ditto

In fact it was precisely episode 276 and it was exactly this scene that I walk away from the Simpsons:
youtu.be/RfAtHtd9EiQ

The writers actually wrote good jokes and most of the players went along even tho they didn't understand them. It didn't feel like a promo for the guest stars.

Jose Canseco is a bitch, tho.

There's been pointless celebrity cameos since at least season 2.

wow those chair legs are terrible,

Since they took it off BBC 2

me too
watched a bit on channel 4 whenever I caught it, I couldn't be arsed to watch episodes I'd seen before now with commercial breaks.

tried catching the newer ones but just lost track

I hate the animation practice of adding so much fucking detail in one frame.

You see it in every new episode of family guy/simpsons where everything has a visible shadow or tree leaves are detailed, but this fucking screenshot is fucking the issue

every quadrant of this shot has too much shit
I see the living room and I can count how many VHS tapes are on the shelf. I can see the western ridge of Flanders' house. I can see the shadow of the awning between the two rooms

the main table is cluttered but this is okay because lisa's doing a startup? I see five bodies here but there's only three of them: macklemore, neon hair, and black

You have a whiteboard showing business bullshit, but there's another corkboard behind lisa's 1980's monitor cluttering more space, but most of what we can see if blocked

FUCKING WHY

IT'S A TWENTY SECOND SECOND SCENE

Around the time other, more adult oriented cartoons started airing. Like South Park, Futurama, Family Guy and the like.

>knowing what reddit likes
Way to blow your cover