(Slight Edit)

(Slight Edit)

/film/ can be achieved. Not as a board, but as an approach.

The threads won't be moderated and there will be shitposters AND JADED NAYSAYERS.

Ignore them. Utterly. Swallow your clever ripostes.

ALSO AVOID BEING AGGRESSIVE WITHOUT BEING SUBSTANTIVE, THERE ARE ENOUGH THREADS ON THIS BOARD IN WHICH TO MINDLESSLY FLING SHIT.

PEOPLE WILL SAY STUFF ABOUT FILMS THAT YOU DON'T AGREE WITH. IF YOU'RE NOT INTELLIGENT ENOUGH TO RESPOND WITH REASONABLY WITH THE AIM OF SHOWING THEM THE "ERROR OF THEIR WAYS", GET OVER IT.

If you want to discuss film, only reply to worthwhile comments.

If you can't tell whether a comment is worthwhile or not, err on the side of caution for the sake of the cause. Ignore it. Only reply if you're certain. If you mistakenly reply to shitpost, pick yourself up, take a deep breath, and reply to a real comment. I forgive you.

These threads will be ugly. It doesn't matter.

It will take a while for these threads to get into shape and take off. Be persistent.

It will be important to give the threads some specific points of departure. It won't work to just do a "real patrician kino" thread.

THIS IS NOT SIMPLY A RECOMMENDATION THREAD, CONTRIBUTE A DISCUSSION POINT AND RECOMMENDATIONS WILL ORGANICALLY ARISE.

I'll post again when the thread inevitably gets buried.

If you think you can improve upon this model, do so. Please.

The most recent films I have watched, and as such am quite prepared to discuss, are as follows:

The Spirit of the Beehive - Victor Erice

Post Tenebras Lux - Carlos Reygedas

Like Father, Like Son - Hirokazu Koreeda

I will respond to any genuine non-shitposts regarding these films, but, I am also happy to follow the thread if it strays from the OP, so long as it stays in non-shitpost territory.

NATURALLY SHITPOSTERS AND NAYSAYERS ARE GOING TO RESPOND WIT THE SPECIFIC INTENTION OF UNDERMINING MY EDITS. AS ALWAYS, IGNORE THEM AND THEY BECOME IRRELEVANT.

TL;DR: Just read it.

Other urls found in this thread:

elconfidencial.com/cultura/2014-08-14/victor-erice-los-cineastas-de-mi-especie-trabajamos-en-los-margenes_175965/
sys.Cred
youtube.com/watch?v=1gK2Y5H1jdU
youtube.com/watch?v=TXeVf42sQdM
youtube.com/watch?v=g0MgbQHh-Xg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Motherfucker you snatched my punani

pity bump 4 you

Back for a bump.

I don't expect these threads to always take.

Forgive me if you reply and it takes a little while to get back to you.

his name is Carlos Reygadas, you filthy burguer ass troglodyte

kys pedo

Cheers for spelling correction.

I don't suppose you have something worthwhile to contribute regarding his films?

Kill yourself, rejjit shitter

JUST

Op you are waifu a shit

Bane?

OP I suggest you see more from Erice, he only has three films but they're all magnificent in every aspect

As for Kore-eda, I used to love him a lot, but by "I wish and "like father, like son" I didn't know what to think anymore
I know like father like son meant a lot to him personally, and he was trying to figure out some shit of his own and that's why he made it, you should read upon it it's interesting
But kore-eda from 95 to 2004 is best koreeda

Though still walking, air doll are still great

And tell me, what type of feelings did you get while watching the Reygadas film? And did you like it?
Are you a religious person?

THREAD

NICE AND DEAD

That's a big post.

Also, what did you feel during spirit of the beehive?
What underlaying messages could you pick up? Did you even get something political out of it (I know a lot of people that didn't)?
What were the elements that made you like it? What do you feel about this almost bleak naturalism? What didn't you like?
Why are you posting so many pictures of Ana torrent?
Have you read the original ending?
What do you think of the title?

Bane?

Back to r/movies with you.

Sorry for the late replies. I don't expect these threads to take every time I post one, so I'm not being attentive. I check at least every hour or so. I suggest people with serious responses bump their own replies if I don't get back quickly. I'm experimenting a little, trying to see if this thread can give Cred Forums the semblance of a slow board like /lit/.

I plan on doing just that. I was thoroughly impressed with SOTB

Thanks you for the info on Koreeda.

Perhaps to get discussion rolling you could tell us what it is that you think is lacking in his more recent efforts, and perhaps what it is that made his 95 - 04 films better or more distinctive, etc.

I had mixed feelings. Some parts were glorious, some were a little frustrating. However, I felt somehow prepared for the frustrating elements, once I settled into his experimental aesthetic.

I came away feeling a sort of tentative admiration for him, enough to want to watch more. I'd like to judge his films with one another, rather than the idea of a "good" film itself. So, if anything, he intrigued me enough to want to see whether or not some immanent critique of the director's own vision might be discernible in watching his overall project.

And no, I'm not religious, but I have some Heideggerian 'religious' sensibilities.

How about yourself?

Same user yes?

Every moment felt considered, but not laboured. I really don't know if I can think of a higher compliment. It was like good poetry.

As for the political element, my knowledge of franco regime Spain in early WWII is very limited (I read a little before watching the film.) In some humanistic sense felt that the parental figures had the sort of tempered compassion once might expect in such times. As in, they were loving of the children, but with an air of solemnity that comes with war I suppose.

I liked that Erice managed to paint the inner landscape of Ana. Often children in films, whether acting well or badly...CONT.

CONT...end up being swallowed by our sense of relating to them AS children. I mean to say that it's hard to see past the fact of their overt childlike innocence,etc., and get a sense of the nuance and turbulence that constitutes their psychic world. There are so many instances where this is captured perfectly in SOTB. I particularly like the scene where Ana, after Isabel's prank, watches her sister jumping over a fire with some other children. Her sense of quiet alienation mixed with interminable fascination and curiosity is beautiful.

I'm posting pictures of her because she's great. Also to try and give this thread some personality. And perhaps also, although this is pointless, to try and disarm those who are sitting on the fence as whether to contribute or shitpost.

No I have not? Do you mean the original ending of the screenplay? Or was it originally a book?

The title was what originally attracted me to it. Having watched the film I think it suits.

From "I had mixed feelings" onwards, I'm talking about Post Tenebras Lux.

Also, just to be sure you're clear. The films I posted in the OP are only prompts. This thread is for serious film discussion, analysis, critique, and review of any kind, although the hope is that user's can find common ground and manage to get into dialogue.

>Perhaps to get discussion rolling you could tell us what it is that you think is lacking in his more recent efforts, and perhaps what it is that made his 95 - 04 films better or more distinctive, etc.

With his first film, Maborosi, there was something that made it unique, and for me, an emotional masterpiece that hit me in all the right places, it was a mix of the landscape way of moving our young protagonist's story forward, without almost any words, and you could see in all of the characters (even the kids at times) a sense of hopelessness, and this was incredibly done without dialogue.

The film also has a very distinct feeling towards death, which i'd like to see you experience when you watch it, so i'll leave it at that.

So in conclusion, Maborosi is an almost wordless piece that can profess much more with image, helped with the beautiful imagery from Uniumachi (the place where it was shot).

In words of an amazing review i read some years ago...
"Maborosi means "illusory light" in Japanese. It's an aura that glows over the sea and has called many a person to their deaths. It is unexplainable, but accepted. In the end, that is how we all must view death."

Then with the amazing and endlessly beautiful "After Life" (i'm skipping the 96 documentary "Without memory", but it's also incredible, kinda reminded me of "Goodbye CP", specially with government themes)
You should see After Life immediately, also about death, but more an ode to life and cinema.

So before i start ranting more about those Kore-eda films i love, i'll just resume why i love that period the most.

They evoke some kind of spiritualism sense in me, I don't know why, obviously with After Life is expected, but with the predatory and hard as fuck "Distance" it was kind of hard to explain what i experienced.

I talked to him about it last year at San Sebastian, when I saw "Our Little Sister", which admittedly is my favorite from his work of this decade.
CONT

anyway, he is very happy with what he's doing now, but I didn't really get and answer as to why his cinema is getting more verbose, though I haven't seen his latest "After the storm", I mean I'm happy he's helping himself with his new films the way he did with his old films, Erice himself said "being a filmmaker is an existencial matter, not a professional one"

If I get back home and these threads are still going I'll post the Kore-eda interview, I wrote some of it down

For Reygadas, I saw "Battle In Heaven" when it hit theaters in 2005, and i hadn't seen his earlier film "Japón" but i had heard about him, I hated Battle with heaven with a passion and found it deeply revolting and a failed attempt at many great jabs to our country.

So i understand completely, what you're saying about frustration.

With Post Tenebras Lux (And even Japon that i recently watched) I found again, some sort of metaphysic experience in them, with PTL specially, some stuff hit way hard to me, particularly the opening sequence, I wish i had more to say about PTL but i saw it four years ago so i have to re watch it
My dad fucking hates him though, and he's an atheist.

>I'm not religious, but I have some Heideggerian 'religious' sensibilities

what you think about Mallick then?
and what authors do you enjoy reading the most?
(am i getting off topic here? sorry)

>How about yourself?
I don't know, but I do love getting ceratin experiences from film and literature that i can't explain.

>Same user yes?
yes

Spirit of the beehive is my favorite film, ever, it's a film that gives me life in all sorts of way, so that's why i asked you so much about it, i feel like sometimes it gets unappreciated too much because some people feel it's mostly a political film about Spain's history at the time, some of my favorite critic's even said that it's just about politics, but not for me, it's about all, i may write about it more, but idk
CONT

>I'm posting pictures of her because she's great.
I know, check out Cria Cuervos too! (and other saura goodies, I feel like recommending you like 1000 films, sorry)

>Her sense of quiet alienation mixed with interminable fascination and curiosity is beautiful.
love this, one of my favorite scenes as well
and love how you describe it

>Do you mean the original ending of the screenplay?
yes, Erice changed most of it as the film was moving along, which troubled the producer.
In the original ending Erice thought of for the film, Ana moves from the small village and becomes a teacher, she then returns to the small village after the war is over.
See how similar this ending is to the film "On an empty balcony" which deals with similar themes.

But instead of erice giving us the nostalgia that would've been embodied when Ana returns to her home town, he made that feeling and a lot more present during the whole feature, which is incredible to me.

it's been like a year something since i've watched spirit of the beehive, i can't see it again

also i didn't mean that erice was trying to copy ascot with the ending, just find the coincidence funny

check out this article it's nice but it's in spanish
elconfidencial.com/cultura/2014-08-14/victor-erice-los-cineastas-de-mi-especie-trabajamos-en-los-margenes_175965/

So, just to inform you. I'm very happy to take on board recommendations, and am recording it when you say things like:

"The film also has a very distinct feeling towards death, which i'd like to see you experience when you watch it, so i'll leave it at that." - user on Koreeda's 'Maborosi'

I do so with the intention of watching the film and meditating on what you said. Perhaps it could be the beginning of a new version of this thread in the near future.

What I plan on doing is posting the thread itself, and then posting supplemental quotations from user's analysis/recommendations of films in the first comments, in the hope of giving the quoted user a chance to respond to the response, or at least instigation some discussion among other anons. I'm not sure how successful this can become, but I'm willing to give it a shot for the next while.

I'll type out a more full response to your comments when you finish. Everything you have said so far is very interesting. Please go into further detail on SOTB.

I am finished, but i could go and go with spirit of the beehive

what else can i write about it though? what hasn't been said?
It's what cinema is, it's what everyone's idea of a film should be, or maybe i'm just close minded
every aspect of it, makes it distance itself from other mediums, while respectfully taking from them

how can a film affect someone's life so much, i'm talking in the film, but also like how the film itself did to me, i find that incredible, i don't know, what do you think of this?

why is family, love, coming of age, innocence, adulthood, nature, fear, life and death done so perfectly in this film?

I'm sure i've written one or two reviews for the film in my lifetime, but, it's just simply something i can't put into words OP

Iberian cinema is just the best, sorry i can't be of much help

I'm downloading a copy of Maborosi as we speak. I may even watch it tonight. Expect it to pop up in a thread soon.

Great that you got to talk to him. You know,I have never been to a proper film festival. I should really do so.

I like the Erice quote. Has he written much? If so, any of it translated into English?

As for your comments on Reygadas, as a Mexican yourself, does that affect your sense of his films a lot? I'm quite curious to know how he is received in his native country.

As I said, I'm curious enough to want to take a look at Reygadas' other films, so they may come up soon enough. Although your comments do make the idea sound a little less attractive.

You think your dad's hatred is rooted in his atheism? As in, the religious sense that pervades his films is profuse enough to be almost a deterrent to those who might take issue with religion in general? Regardless, somehow I wouldn't hold it against anyone for taking a strong dislike to PTL. The more experimental, the more take it or leave I feel about these things.

As for Malick, I like his films quite a lot, although I do find myself vacillating between feeling sort of emotionally overwhelmed and benignly rolling my eyes at what feels a little like a sort of demented naivety on Malick's part. Again, he's a director that it's difficult to think assertively about. My thoughts about his films sort of spiral in all directions, rather than amounting to an self-same and obvious reaction. I'm not certain that Heidegger is constantly showing up in Malick's work, either. It does in some obvious ways, but, then again, Heidegger was a philosopher, and philosophy is so wide ranging and at times profoundly general, but general nonetheless, that reading Heidegger into things is pretty easy once you're acquainted with the work.

I read a fair bit of philosophy. In fiction, at the moment I'm reading Carver and Milton. A lot of poetry too.

CONT.

/bane/ can be achieved. Not as a board, but as an approach.

The threads won't be moderated and there will be redditors AND JADED HOTHEADS

Ignore them. Utterly. Swallow your clever reposts.

ALSO AVOID BEING AGGRESSIVE WITHOUT BEING SUBSTANTIVE, THERE ARE ENOUGH HOTHEADS ON THIS BOARD AT WHICH TO MINDLESSLY FLING "REDDIT"

PEOPLE WILL SAY STUFF ABOUT BANE THAT YOU DON'T AGREE WITH. IF YOU'RE NOT BIG ENOUGH TO RESPOND WITH REASONABLY WITH THE AIM OF SHOWING THEM THE "ERROR OF THEIR SMALLNESS", GET OVER IT

If you want to discuss Bane, only reply to worthwhile comments.

If you can't tell whether getting caught was part of the plan or not, err on the side of caution for the sake of the League of Shadows. Ignore it. Only reply if you're CIA. If you mistakenly reply to hotheads, call yourself in, put on a mask, and reply to big guys. For you.

These threads will be ugly. It doesn't matter. What matters is our plan.

It will take a while for these threads to get them on board and take off. Be persistent.

It will be important to give the threads some specific points of departure from Uzbekistan. It won't work to just do a "real patrician kino" thread.

THIS IS NOT SIMPLY A MEME THREAD, CONTRIBUTE AN MS PAINT EDIT AND THE FIRE WILL ORGANICALLY RISE.

I'll post again when the thread inevitably gets crashed with no survivors.

If you think you can improve upon this flight plan, do so. Please.

The most recent Banekinos I have photoshopped, and as such am quite prepared to spam, are as follows:

Planecrasher - Smee Maimen

CIA Rises - B. Ravo Nolan

The Biggest, the Silent Era - Guillaume Wilsôn

I will respond to any genuine non-Nolan posts regarding these Baneposts, but I am also happy to expect one of you in the wreckage if it strays from the OP, so long as it stays in Cred Forums territory

NATURALLY REDDITORS AND HOTHEADS ARE GOING TO RESPOND WIT THE SPECIFIC INTENTION OF UNDERMINING MY BIGNESS. AS ALWAYS, NOTHING SAY NOTHING AND THEY BECOME IRRELEVANT

TD;KR: Just crash it.

Op you should watch, El Sur from Erice next.

Battle in Heaven is atrocious, only Reygadas I enjoyed is Post tenebras lux and Silent Light.

(Sorry I think I posted the prompt to further develop your thoughts on SOTB before seeing your second last reply. Forgive me if my responses are messy because the timings are off.)

CONT...As for the mystery of experience, that seems to connect fairly directly to my own sense of Heideggerian 'religiousity'. I won't go into detail, but in 'early' Heidegger, the question of Being is the most important one, and one that philosophy has ignored. However, Being itself is never known. Being is always for us experienced in the form of beings. So, there's this central mystery that permeates us in Heidegger. Very theological.

It doesn't surprise me at all that SOTB could be someone's favourite film. As for the politcal element, although I don't know the history well, I can see what you're saying. Often critics like to grasp at explanations that feel more solid/factual, where it is unnecessary to do so.

I'll check out Cria Cueros. Cheers. Recommend away! I might not be able to watch them all though, at least not watch AND post in a thread about later.

I actually found "On an Empty Balcony" on youtube. That's very interesting though, regarding the changes. I'm admiring Erice more by the second. He sounds like a a true artist, capable of unearthing new choices as he goes along. The actual film does seem better to me than the original idea. I don't know, but it really does.

I have a friend who is fluent in Spanish, who I'm going to recommend the film to. Perhaps he can read the article and distill some of it for me in English.

So yeah, again, sorry about the messiness of the thread. Can't be helped really. I appreciate all you've said though. Thank you.

I have to say that I agree about it being a 'perfect' film. I came away positively glowing. I recommended it to my parents, they watched it, but I don't think they got as much out of it as I did.

Actually, I posted this thread yesterday, and someone repsonded by saying they were...CONT

recommended the film as "Pan's Labyrinth without the blah blah", and came away from the experience thoroughly disappointed. He said he missed the "blah blah" I think it's testament to the fact that recommending films is an art. It should be done carefully, because it sets up certain expectations. Not to say that that particular user would have enjoyed the film otherwise, but, I can't help but wonder. Maybe it's "boring" for some people.

Films can be transformative, definitely. Perhaps though it depends on the person. Weber said something about a certain artistic/religious sensibility among the population is like an inborn talent, some have it, some don't. He saw it as similar to having a capacity for a playing a musical instrument.

I'm not sure why its so right, it's the balance of a lot of things. To talk of one element is to necessarily ignore another. Maybe that's the mark of a masterpiece?

Please recommend a good list of Iberian essential cinema. I'm sure you could make one.

I'm going to reply as you post, so the thread keeps bumping
>I may even watch it tonight.
please do so, but as i said, it's very different from like father, like son

>You know,I have never been to a proper film festival.
they're great for the most part, i've been going to them for quite some time now, the next one i'm going to is morelia film festival, Albert serra is going to be there, hopefully we'll have some nice talk about his latest film, he's one of the best from Spain right now, and worldwide.

>Has he written much? If so, any of it translated into English?
well I don't think so, there's a book by him on spirit of the beehive, but i haven't found anything of it

he has some articles here and there and a book on Nicholas Ray (fro 2010 i think)

but he mostly does talks and seminars, hopefully you can find some of his written work on english though, he's a very well read person

>as a Mexican yourself, does that affect your sense of his films a lot?

well yes, mostly because of how knowing my political context helps to see the points he's trying to make with certain sequences. but if battle in heaven was made in china or iceland i'd still fucking hate that film

I'd say that he's generally liked here within a certain crowd that watches his films, not by the whole artist crowd though. But yeah well received in general here.

>You think your dad's hatred is rooted in his atheism?
not really, i think he hates him more personally, and my also dad hates the kind of mexican cinema like Heli or Miss Bullet, which he tends to associate with Reygadas "Silent Light" and "Japon"
His criticism for Reygadas is not very strong, but then of course, it's just something we talk about casually, not within a formal debate on the subject.
I understand the point you're making about certain people that alienate themselves from films with some religious aspect to them.

>Although your comments do make the idea sound a little less attractive.
they shouldn't man

I will do. Looking for a torrent.

So bad, I should or should not watch it? Like bad in a way that will teach me something, or force me to think? Or bad in a way that I'll feel like I wasted my time?

I genuinely think it is just bad and not worth watching, I think Amat Escalante is more consistent than Reygadas, quite interested in his next film which is supposed to be out this year.
As far as independent mexican directors try to avoid any recommendation on Michel Franco.

What's your favorite Mallick?

>(Sorry I think I posted the prompt to further develop your thoughts on SOTB before seeing your second last reply. Forgive me if my responses are messy because the timings are off.)

don't worry!

I like your philosophical vibes man, can't say much of it because I agree with most of it and I think what you're reading will help a lot with film.

>Recommend away!
Shadows Of Forgotten Ancestors and Mexican Bus Ride :)

>The actual film does seem better to me than the original idea. I don't know, but it really does.

I think so too, but OAEB doesn't underachieve in any of it's ideas.
Hopefully your friend can help you out!
Thank you OP

I'll make a list of Iberian cinema i love and i'll link it
thanks for the thread, hadn't been in one like this in a while now

also, as opposed to this guy i think you should watch Battle in heaven, just not prioritize the viewing, it can wait

this is too many words

/cel/ pls

i need a place to discuss waifus and current youtube beefs

ebin simply ebin

What am I in for?
Any recommended books about cinema? I am just starting to get into this, I've loved Hitchcock Truffaut and Sarris' The American Cinema so far.

appreciate you responding to my post from yesterday's thread, user. the cinegrid posted here highlights one of the things I disliked about the film though: most of it LOOKS exactly the same. Extremely limited color palette and the focus was almost always in the center of the frame. The world it took place in was barren and dry, and I understand that this was why the girl loses herself in her fantasy, but constantly staring into her face didn't allow me to be there with her. It felt more like I was viewing it from the perspective of the adult characters in the film who didn't understand what was going on in her mind. It's dreary as hell.

OP u dead?

Just back. As I said, feel free to bump your own posts if you want a response. Most likely I will get back to you.

I'm trying to make these threads work as a slow board thread would. Just an experiment.

Coming back with responses now.

>I'm going to reply as you post, so the thread keeps bumping.
Good idea.

I'm might have to disappear after these posts in order to watch it. I also have to get up early (It's late enough here now, so I won't comment on it tonight. However, as promised, I will include it in the next thread like this that I make.

ALSO, I encourage people to copy this thread and make one themselves if there isn't one in the catalog already. Make your own version if you can think of a better one, but I think a semi-regulated /film/ general is good.

>Albert Serra
I'll have to check him out. Watched a few clips. Looks great. And I'm going to look into some domestic film festivals.

Cheers for the info on literature, etc. I'll follow up. I can imagine so. I'm going to see if any subtitles talks or interviews exist.

Very interesting to hear your take on Reygadas from within the native context.

It sounds like your father is into cinema, though, generally? Sharing casual dislike is also healthy. My own father and me like nearly none of the same things. We both like Some Southern Gothic lit. That's about it. So when we talk about films its basically just taking turns articulating completely different views. It can be a bit lethargic, but I think its healthy. Keeps my sense of my own experience in check.

And don't worry! I'll watch it!

Still going to watch it I think. But cheers for the response and names of the other directors, I hadn't heard of them before.

Favourite Malick is really tough. I actually have no idea. And I'm not sure that if I thought about it it would become much clearer. How about you? (although, apologies in advance, this is going to be my last set of posts tonight, so I might not see your response.)

Thanks again for the recs Taking them all down.

I'm looking forward to looking at OAEB. Amazing the stuff that's on Youtube.

That would be great! Maybe you could make an image? Either way it would be good...CONT.

CONT...And no problem. Thank you for participating. Shitposters and naysayers laugh at it, but it's actually the type of thread that two motivated people can make very worthwhile.

I'm hoping I can balance out Cred Forums by popularizing these threads, and maybe others like them. Try to foster the people on this board who have a genuine interest. I don't mind the shitposting/waifu/meme threads. But there should be both kinds on Cred Forums. It's absolutely plausible. Just need some strategies and ground rules is all.

Try to ignore shitposts if possible user, they're not even really causing that much trouble. You watched anything good lately?

I have no idea, but I'm not entirely sold on Ranciere. having said that, I'm not qualified to make a strong judgement. Are you prepared for Marxist readings of cinema?

Fair enough user. I respect your opinion and experience. Although, I would say that the cinegrid in question is not absolutely representative of the film. There were many scenes in which the psychology of Ana was shot with respect to her environment and the others tt occupied it. So, I kind of feel like the opposite of what you say is true.

Also, My experience of the 'look' was that it was considered and carefully constructed palette. Vibrancy and range can be great in films, but I think it would have distracted from the story. Do you not like Black and white films?

Anyway, main point of contention is that I don't think the film forced us to constantly stare into her face, but if it felt like that to you I accept it.
Just to go back for a moment, I enjoyed Pan's Labyrinth, but I enjoyed SOTB a lot more. Perhaps that's just the difference between us?

didn't read

just make a daily /film/ thread like Cred Forums has /daily/ and for the love of god stop going on about it across the board if you don't want other people to come in and spam it

No need for /film/, just /shit/ (capeshit, starshit)

>Are you prepared for Marxist readings of cinema?
I am

I only linked it to one other thread? Who is going on about it?

And no, I think this works fine to be honest. If you have a better model, make your own thread. If it looks good I'll happily participate.

And, I really don't mean to a prick about it, but you really couldn't read 19 lines of text?

See, I'm not sure you belong in the thread if that's the case. As such, the long text is good. It eliminates people who aren't willing to read long responses.

Well then fucking dive in baby!

oh no, I don't want to be in the thread. if I want any kind of serious discussion about anything, Cred Forums is the last place I'd turn

so cute :3

is a girl or a boy?

Girl. But she could play up :)

>based baneposters being the best part of another shit thread

As I said in the O, the shitposters make the thread ugly, but are essentially irrelevant. None of the information passed on or discussion had is erased. Just follow the discussion, ignore the shit.

The thread can be 95% shitposts and this can still work.

They have no power, only their own wasted time. The initial rush of immature rebelious angst that comes from flooding the thread with shit, will inevitably be replaced by a sense of emptiness and existential listlessness. Don't worry, they punish themselves.

*tips fedora*

I wonder how euphoric this guy is while typing that

sys.Cred Forums.org/tv/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=74893111

Holy shit, what a faggot lmao

>It sounds like your father is into cinema, though, generally?
He's a producer and writer and owns some cinemas, his favorite director is Kieslowski
Yes I think sharing dislikes is healthy in a family.

> How about you?
Badlands baby
youtube.com/watch?v=1gK2Y5H1jdU

i still haven't seen any of his recent films though

>I'm looking forward to looking at OAEB. Amazing the stuff that's on Youtube.
hopefully you'll like it, very underrated film, i think it has 20 votes on imdb!

also, made the image very quickly so it may look like crap, but i admire most of those films and the others i'd recommend

That sounds great! Are you involved in any of that sort of thing yourself? Kieslowski is amazing.

To be honest, if I had to pick, I would probably say Badlands too, although it is so different from his recent films that it often feels like it's from a different director.

Great image! Thanks. I'll be sure to look through them.

By the way, having trouble getting maborosi. I have a torrent, but there's barely any seeds, so it's going to take a long time. I'll be posting about it as soon as I watch it though.

It also eliminates anyone who doesn't think boring is a positive trait. And it naturally will read as pretentious. It's pretty much a book imageboard-wise and it ends with a infamous wisecrack.
I myself don't, but if you think this is success, it's your choice to make it this way. It's a lot of effort and dedication for online internet discussion. But if you don't have nothing better to spend time...

i have a shitty rip of it on my hard drive but i can upload it to mega if you want, no problem

>I'll be sure to look through them.
sure do!

>Are you involved in any of that sort of thing yourself?
No, sadly

the rip is of Maborosi, it's only 700mb so you can imagine the quality...

>Swallow your clever ripostes
yeah thats right. swallow it. swallow it all.

Why is this formatted like a reddit post?

Also, no, you cannot just spawn a new and better culture through force and will. Good threads will slide off being replaced with bad ones. Good comments will go unreplied to. You cannot ignore shitty people around you and pretend like you're in a good place

Bane?

there's a decent rip on Avistaz with plenty of seeders

>Avistaz

your point?

Get on PTP or KG, mong.

I'm on both. Why would I download it from any of these when there's a good rip on a lesser tracker?

Great point. Usual pt bullying

youtube.com/watch?v=TXeVf42sQdM

I'll also send it to my Spanish speaking friend. He's also very into cinema (studied spanish and film for his degree) I'm sure he'll find a couple on there he hasn't seen.

And still must be a good resource. I'm trying to make independent films myself. At the end of post with my first short. (It's only okay really, lot of learning) and am currently writing a number of screenplays.

Ah it's alright. I'll just leave the torrent running in the background. It'll be ready by morning. I'm off to spend 2 weeks on an Island off the coast of Ireland. Minding a family friend's dog. Going to do some writing and reading and watching, etc. Expect threads.

By the by, I'm sure it will get flooded with shit, and I'll be subscribed to but it matters not, because it's my junk email:

[email protected]

If you're interested, email me there, and I'll give you my real email. I'm not sure for what exactly, but I get the feeling we could probably send one another good films, etc. I exchanged emails with someone on /lit/ once and it worked out fairly well.

Nothing else is expected from your kind. Keep saving Cred Forums, brave warriror

where did dudley cum? was it on her feet? whats the symbolism here?

what did he mean by this?

I want to fuck it

Breaking my own rule here, but I've successfully done what you're calling impossible three times. And I've only posted this thread three times, so, you wrong.

The thread has been here for HOURS. And all the good posts have been responded to. You;re ignoring the reality, jaded as you are.

Call it autism if you want. But I've managed to discuss several films I enjoyed very much, learn quite a lot I did not know before, and have taken down a list of promising recommendations that should lead to further discussion.

What have you done?

What's so ridiculous about it?

Look at for example. What about the fact that above and below this post there is nothing but shit, makes this post any less the post it is?

Why don't you try and contribute? Heaven forbid you might enjoy yourself and get something out of it.

>Breaking my own rule here
Ow, good heavens, be careful, you might get hurt doing these awful things!

You take the internet too seriously

>And I've only posted this thread three times, so, you wrong.
On the same device maybe :^)

It's just a play on the title of the song I like:

youtube.com/watch?v=g0MgbQHh-Xg

I have tons of accounts I just use to get over the anonymity issue.

By the way user, it's absolutely fine if you don't want to exchange emails. No obligation.

not that guy but I think it's just very shocking for Cred Forums to see posts that are not shitposts. In other words you trolled him by not trolling

On the context of the nature of the board, they are shitposts. Just uncommonly so. They are serious, with high intentions and other classic virtues, but they aren't really Cred Forums's style.
At best, these threads get shitposts from bothered people. Their usual fate is more solitary, though.

You're right. I wonder will any of them adjust?

I did try reporting TDKR images to see what would happen. I didn't expect much, and I got nothing. Ultimately it's irrelevant. Ignoring it is the answer.

But I've proven otherwise several times now. Anyway, why do you care?

i hit you up just now

congrats on the trip, and hope your screenplays take off!

Bane?

>shitposting as falseflagger to keep his awesome thread alive

Op here. I can shitpost too. Especially now that the thread has been a success and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

>reset trips speak the truth