Was it an enjoyable movie?

was it an enjoyable movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6yi9hT8ES2g
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Revolution_of_1918–19
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_partisans
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah, it was really tightly-paced, Cruise was pretty much top of his game, and there are surprisingly funny moments.

8/10

>hitler was the bad guy

more garbo amerifat propaganda trying to justify their warcrimes

"I think the Allied command might be more amenable to this proposal BEFORE THEY GET TO FUCKING BERLIN!"

Of all the american ww2 movies, this one nailed the characters that the actors portrayed very well.

Maybe Stauffenberg was a bit tame. According to testimonies by other german officers he was quite the king of bantz and a big macho.

The movie failed to mention though that Stauffenberg and his gang had no intention whatsoever to bring democracy back to germany. All they hoped to achieve was a separate peace with the west/ occupation of the west and keep the ruskies out of germany.

The allies didn't commit a single atrocity during WWII while the axis committed countless. The acis were manlets.

fucking manlets, when will they learn?

>The allies didn't commit a single atrocity during WWII

thats literally all they did

>hurr Germany never attacked us but lets go firebomb all their cities and kill millions of civilians who never wanted a war with us anyways rofl we da bes~!

And they deserved every last bit of it.

t. Anglo

> millions of civilians who never wanted a war with us

maybe they should have thought about that before killing 9 million jews?

Here is your reply.

You're retarded. Germany started shit and got hit for it. In a total war, no one plays fair. Britain specifically aimed for civilian areas and factories because a.) Killing workers decreases industrial output and b.) It shatters the morale.

>9 million
it was 9 TRILLION you racist!

Killing Jews didn't start until after German supply lines were bombed to shit.

Yes, but then again, I enjoy just about every Tom Cruise movie.

>Germany started shit and got hit for it. In a total war, no one plays fair. Britain specifically aimed for civilian areas and factories because a.) Killing workers decreases industrial output and b.) It shatters the morale.

Actually, the mass bombing campaigns were so poorly planned and led that German industrial capacity actually went up as the war went on. The only thing the bombings did was kill civilians; they were nearly worthless strategically.

>Germany started shit

false, the treaty of Versailles was specifically written to force Germany into another war

That got a big laugh when I saw it in theater

Then why did germany sign it......oh right, because they lost WWI (which they also started)

>(which they also started)
are you some sorta retard?

>germany started ww1

amerifat education ladies and gents

The best possible timeline would've been the Central Powers winning WWI. The second best possible timeline would've been Britain allowing the partition of Poland between Germany and Russia in 1939 without chimping out and starting a global war.

This. They also believe Poland didn't start WWII

Depends who you ask. German economy planning and logistics in general was fucking mess. The output went up after Speer took over and stayed that way. It didn't grow nor did it decline.

>treaty of Versailles
Germany was a sore loser. In hindsight, yeah, the treaty ensured another war, but can you blame the entente for it?

I dare you take a walk through to old ww1 battlefields in france. There are still large areas there that are cordoned off because ordonance and lead/arsenic substances made these places uninhabitable.

On top of that, Fance suffered the most in ww1 and fought the hardest.

>implying they didn't

Belgium never got invaded right guys?

>The second best possible timeline would've been Britain allowing the partition of Poland between Germany and Russia in 1939 without chimping out and starting a global war.

So that Germany could kill millions of Jews and slavs? Or so that Russia and Germany can grow in power only to break out in a WW anyways?

>WAAAA MUH DRESDEN WAAAA!!!

>ww1 started in Belgium

god, amerifats REALLY are the dumbest people on the planet

Jesus christ americuck

>victim blaming

Poland shouldn't have shown off it's nice fertile land right?

>MUH BRAVE NAZIS

Wish they would have exterminated every single Germanic fag on this continent preferably long before WWII

>So that Germany could kill millions of Jews and slavs?

Essentially, yes. If Germany had brought it's military strength up to optimal levels and if they had been allowed to wait until 1945 to attack the Soviets, I have no doubt they would've won against the USSR.

I enjoyed it.

Germany was the one that said they would back up Austro-Hungary no matter what they did before they went to war with Serbia you fucking mong

The USSR would just go with the scorched earth strategy like against the Swedes and in ww1

But would still get BTFO by the English and French Empires, it would have just been a slower war.

No thanks, the world is lucky it went the way it did.

>It shatters the morale.
it does the opposite, it unites the population and the government, that effect was observed in every single country that got bombed. the resolve of the population was strengthened.

>Germany was the one that said they would back up Austro-Hungary no matter what they did before they went to war with Serbia you fucking mong
>Austro-Hungary no matter what they did before they went to war with Serbia you fucking mong
>still trying to say Germany started it

absolute massive americlap tard

Germany did that in an attempt to prevent a war.

They thought if they showed open support then other powers would back down and not get it involved and keep the conflict localized.

They didn't count on the rest of Europe being insanely blood thirsty and WANTING to escalate.

i'm confused, are Cred Forumsacks holocaust deniers or do they believe it happened

>No thanks, the world is lucky it went the way it did.

I would've much preferred if the Soviets were exterminated and international communism was rooted out before it shit up the rest of the century. Germany could've done all the heavy lifting in that regard (and probably gotten rid of the Jews to boot), then get BTFO by the Allies after they've exhausted themselves killing off the Russians.

Austria was only going to go to war if Germany backed them. Try actually learning history instead of shitposting memes all day

It's a meme

Hmm It would have been nice to have seen communism challenged so early but the problem with that is that it might have further legitimized Natsoc which in some ways was/is much more dangerous of an ideology.

Worst case scenerio America would have elected a fascist like Trump and sided with the Nazis's

The consensus is it was grossly exaggerated for profit by the survivors and Allied prosecution at Nuremberg, and the original intent was temporary internment, not extermination.

Learn the difference between who started it and the cause of the start. Austria-Hungary started it. Germany was one of the many many causes that would lead to Austria-Hungary starting it.

But clap clap amerifat

Germany didn't start WW1, dumbass.

>The consensus is it was grossly exaggerated for profit by the survivors and Allied prosecution at Nuremberg,

no, only stormfags believe that because its an utterly retarded idea.

They basically did. Not only did they fan the tension between Astro-Hungary and Serbia but If it wasn't for them it would have been a simple regional war between hungary and serbia, instead it turned into a World War

>DUDE I JUST REPEAT WHAT YOU JUST SAID AND SAY AMERICLAP LMAO!

Fuck, youre smart!

I remember how I hated the trailers and advertisements. They pulled the sneaky shit where the trailer is far more fast-paced and action-packed than the movie itself. A lot of the scenes at the very end where they're rushing around trying to take over everything were crammed together for the trailer.

How do you guys feel about the way they went from German to English at the beginning? Cheesy, or a decent enough way to allow your actors to speak English?

I've read enough on the background of the Nuremberg trial to know it's intent was not justice but punishment and vengeance. It has been swept from most textbooks but many testimonies are outright lies, compounded by Soviet rewriting of history.

They just copied it from Hunt for Red Oktober, which imo did it better.

>Then why did germany sign it......oh right, because they lost WWI (which they also started)

and then you literally prove yourself wrong but still doesn't fucking see it

>Germany was the one that said they would back up Austro-Hungary no matter what they did before they went to war with Serbia you fucking mong

So we gotta repeat it until your retarded excuse of a brain understands it.

reading a blogpost by aryanwarrior1488 on the Nuremberg trials isnt a good source. Stop being retarded on purpose

Astro-hungary started a war

Germany turned it into a world war

i.e

Germany started WWI

No, I've read numerous quotes and summations from both the military and civilians involved in the proceedings as well as from historians, even jewish historians who admit testimonies were often forced, exaggerated, or outright fabricated. I could post multiple quotes now, from Americans involved in the proceedings, but desu I didn't come here to be dragged into a political discussion.

but reading a blogpost by tovarisch1917 somehow is?

That's like saying the UK and France started ww2 for declaring war with Germany after they went in war with Poland. Absolutely retarded logic.

War is retarded user

The world runs on retarded logic

KEK

GERMANY AND TRUMP BTFO

no by reading actual history.

Like the Wannsee Conference papers

It is. It's a decent film. How accurate it is is somewhat disputed by Hans Bernd Gisevius (one of the civilian plotters who wrote a memoir of the conspiracies against Hitler titled "To the Bitter End") and a journalist named Joachim Fest, who produced the most-celebrated one-volume account of Hitler's life, simply titled "Hitler". Fest's assessment of Stauffenberg closely resembles that depicted in the film, while Gisevius regards him as something of a rat jumping from a sinking ship.

>still spreading the holocaust meme

DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

Really enjoyed it.

The Wannsee conference was debunked by a jewish Holocaust scholar, Yehuda Bauer, professor of Holocaust Studies at theAvraham Harman Institute of Contemporary Jewry at theHebrew UniversityofJerusalem.

Bauer is also the founding editor of the journalHolocaust and Genocide Studies,and a member of the editorial board of theEncyclopaedia of the Holocaust,published byYad Vashemin 1990.

According to Prof. Yehuda Bauer of the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, Wannsee was a meeting, ‘but hardly a conference’, and‘little of what was said there was executed in detail.’

>Bauer addressed the opening session of an international conference held here to mark the 50th anniversary of the decision to carry out the “Final Solution”.“But it was not made at Wannsee”, the Czech born scholar said.

>“The public still repeats, time after time, the silly story that at Wannsee the extermination of the Jews was arrived at, Wannsee was but a stage in the unfolding of the process of mass murder,”he said.

>trump is literally hitler

fuck off CTR faggot

Indicative of the largely political nature of the Nuremberg process was the important Jewish role in organizing these trials. Nahum Goldmann, one-time president of both the World Jewish Congress and the World Zionist Organization, reported in his memoir that the Nuremberg Tribunal was the brain-child of World Jewish Congress officials. Only after persistent effort were WJC officials able to persuade Allied leaders to accept the idea, he added. /8

The World Jewish Congress also played an important but less obvious role in the day to day proceedings. Above all, the powerful but secretive organization made sure that Germany's persecution of the Jews was a primary focus of the trials, and that the defendants were punished for their involvement in that process. /9
8. Nahum Goldmann,The Jewish Paradox(New York: 1978), p. 122.; N. Goldmann,The Autobiography of Nahum Goldmann(New York: 1969), pp. 216-217.; WJC official Rabbi Maurice Perlzweig claimed in 1949 that "it was the WJC which had secured the holding of the Nuremberg Trials ..." See: "W.J.C. Claims: The Nuremberg Trials,"Jewish Chronicle(London), Dec. 16, 1949, p. 17. See also confirmatory letter by Zelmanovits in:ewish Chronicle, Dec. 30, 1949, p. 16. Note also: Milton R. Konvitz, "Will Nuremberg Serve Justice?,"Commentary(New York), Vol. I, No. 3, January 1946, p. 11.

9. World Jewish Congress,Unity in Dispersion(New York: WJC, 1948), pp. 141, 264, 266, 267.

Literally none of this contradicts what I said because the Wannsee confrence makes no refrences to mass killings obviously. I read the thing, and its all about accounting for all jews in Europe, there definition for what counts as a jew, and their plan to end any mass deportation programs in favor of rounding them up into ghettos that will act as holding stations and then shipping them off to slave labor camps in eastern europe.

Two Jewish officers in the US Army -- Lieutenant Colonel Murray Bernays and Colonel David "Mickey" Marcus -- played key roles in the Nuremberg enterprise. In the words of historian Robert Conot, Bernays was "the guiding spirit leading the way to Nuremberg." Bernays, a successful New York attorney, persuaded US War Secretary Henry Stimson and others to accept the idea of putting the defeated German leaders on trial. /10

Marcus, a fervent Zionist, became the "number three man in making American policy" in occupied Germany. As chief of the US government's War Crimes Branch in 1946 and 1947, he selected almost all of the judges, prosecutors and lawyers for the Nuremberg NMT Trials. (He later became a commander of Zionist "Haganah" military forces in Palestine.) /11

10. Robert E. Conot,Justice at Nuremberg(New York: Harper & Row, 1983), pp. 10-13; Bradley F. Smith,Reaching Judgment at Nuremberg(New York: Basic, 1977), pp. 26-33. Tom Bower,Blind Eye to Murder(London: 1983), pp. 116 f. On the other hand, American-Jewish newspaper publisher Joseph Pulitzer did not favor such trials. In May 1945 he urged that 1.5 million leading Germans should be simply be summarily shot.The New York Times, May 23, 1945, p. 11.

11. Arthur R. Butz,The Hoax of the Twentieth Century(IHR, 1983), pp. 27-30, 100. Sources cited: Ted Berkman,Cast a Giant Shadow(1962); "War Crimes" article written by Marcus inBritannica Book of the Year, 1947, pp. 819-21;Encyclopaedia Judaica, vol. 11, p. 945;Saturday Evening Post, Dec. 4, 1948, p. 179. See also: R. Conot,Justice at Nuremberg(1983), p. 1

>Bauer believes that Hitler was the key figure in causing the Holocaust, and that at some point in the later half of 1941, he gave a series of orders for the genocide of the entire Jewish people. Bauer has pointed to the discovery of an entry in Himmler’s notebook from December 18, 1941 where Himmler wrote down the question "What to do with the Jews of Russia?". According to the same notebook, Hitler’s response to the question was "Exterminate them as partisans."[8] In Bauer’s view, this is as close as historians will ever get to a definitive order from Hitler ordering the Holocaust.[8]

From your own source. Hes not a holocaust denier, he simply doesnt believe hitler started out his political career with the idea of a genocide of jews, but later developed those beliefs later on.

also, heres himmler himself talking about it

youtube.com/watch?v=6yi9hT8ES2g

Nice backtracking. Tbh I cannot fault the Germans for interning jews, partly due to the curbing of partisan activity and dissident propaganda which would have occurred had the Germans not interned them.

Even a jewish holocaust historian can't find the orders for the holocaust beyond a sentence regarding jews in Russia, and yet to you it is enough.

>Nice backtracking

except I didnt backtrack and you are now trying to justify the holocaust based on some baseless theory you have about how the jews would have done something in some alternate reality. But please link me to more of your neo-nazi memes so I can disprove them.

try the red cross one

Fucker I graduated high school this year and we learned about Franz Ferdinand and the serbs and all that shit so you can neck yourself.

Funny, the "war has different rules" meme was also used by the nazis to try and justify what they did

>the jews would have done something in some alternate reality
The Jews DID do something in this reality.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Revolution_of_1918–19

>le "it's your job to prove it didn't happen exactly as I say it did"

>alternate reality

No, reality reality.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_partisans

Now increase that number by 1, 2 million and you have a 5th column in your own borders.

way to just ignore the fact that your own source isnt a holocaust denier and the audio of Himmler himself talking about it.

And its pretty shitty that your ENTIRE argument for why the holocaust never happened is because we dont have a direct order from hitler saying "kill all the jews" while just ignoring the horrible conditions of all the camps and numerous eye witness testimonies. But i guess they all used their jewish hivemind magic to come up with the same lie all at once though

>muh meme communist revolution in 1918 is a perfectly valid excuse to hunt down every jew in eastern europe

you arent even making sense now

You said Jews didn't cause trouble, I gave you an example of them doing just that on a massive scale. And don't bother with the "not all jews" platitude as if Germans were under any obligation to give a shit. No jews meant no more of that shit, it was a price worth paying as far as they were concerned.

cool incoherent non sequitur ramblings of a mad man. Unfortunately, this isnt an argument.

Please link me to another great source from hitlerwasright.blogspot for some more meme history