So did we liked it ?

so did we liked it ?

Other urls found in this thread:

newsweek.com/watch-kenyan-disrupts-jacob-juma-burial-hanging-helicopter-460256
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah.

very little characterization

very fast plot

sabotage scene was pretty fun apart from the bit where the space station starts broadcasting

didnt really learn anything new from the movie at all

capeshit/10 2 hrs filler ad

up there with Warcraft™ imo

No

Generic desu.

I was very uninterested throughout.

>we

there's that word again

dumb but a fun romp

I didn't bother to go see it after the last two that JJ the franchise wrecker made. Was this any better considering it was a different director?

horrible

made guardians of the galaxy look like 2001 a space odyssey

I'm trying to tell you now it's sabotage
Why; our backs are now against the wall

Yeah, but I'll have to watch it again to be sure

Generic, but satisfying.

It's cool to see the cast interact with one another, and trying to mix up dynamics.
Instead of the usual Kirk & Spock, there was Spock & Bones.

I can't stand it

Bones is too one note though, you can predict what his lines will be.

Positive: The Yorktown Base scenes were amazing. I think the main cast has good chemistry together. Special effects in general. The jumpstart scene was cool.

Negative: The fucking dirtbike scene was stupid and unneccessary. The villain didn't m,ake much sense. Until 10 minutes before the end we had no idea why he wants to destroy the federation and even then it was weird.

I didn't like the first two, but this one was okay, not good or anything new, just better than the first two. The CGI is somewhat okay, especially the space scenes and made it worth it for me. Still have lame characters etc., but Kirk is better in this one I think, because he is a bit older.

They did their best to try and fit what could of been something better down into 2 hours. Very cliché and felt like the second movie all over again.

2009>2016>2013

Far superior to first two, imo. Felt more like Star Trek and what it is about.

I watched the other two today actually. I like the continuity, at the end of into darkness he says they are leaving for a 5 year mission, first scene of beyond is how they are 3 years into it.

Genuinely liked the first one, was thoroughly bored to tears watching this last night.

Villain aside it was good. Looking at the 3 movies now, i think that Lin guy directed the shit out of it. When was the last time a director was swapped out 2 movies in and kept the exact same tone and overall quality?

I found it to be the weakest of the 3 by far. Just a lot of dumb shit, and the second one was also full of a lot of dumb shit so that's saying something.

New tough girl who don't need no man was absolute shit. Villain made no sense. Ease of which they killed the swarm ships with "lol is this classical?" music was stupid, ESPECIALLY when the Yorktown started also playing it.

Most didn't because it was generic and boring, those complaints will get drowned out by strawmen, and each thread talking about it will get politicized somehow

this desu
>New tough girl who don't need no man was absolute shit.
Pleb.

>that cut to her sitting down before Kirk

I'm really starting to notice that this movie is edited really badly.

Blew chunks

That character was very boring and forgettable.

It's weird that everyone seems to like it and say it's the best of the three when I actually thought it sucked and was boring and had poor characters and too many quips.

If anything the first is the best, the second very good and the third garbage.

I liked the first 5 minutes and the last 40 minutes.

Yeah who gives a fuck about Scots in space

It was only OK. Not that fun or interesting. I don't think it really had any sort of message or point. Not very Star Trek, really

I want to fuck Jaylah

you nigron

Good:
>Was actually fun
>Got the crew dynamic right
>Didn't suffocate the audience with references
>Stopped trying to force Spock as a emotional character

Cons:
>No stakes, despite destroying the Enterprise
>Garbage villain
>Unremarkable tv-episode tier story
>Feels wrong and out of place after 2 movies trying to be dramatic and cinematic
>Whatever the fuck was happening in that floating fight scene at the end

It kinda felt like a feature length tv episode. It wasn't great, but I'd see one of these every couple of years if they kept making them like this.

3 > 1 > 2

1>3>2

Into darkness sucked. I liked the other two though.

>tv-episode tier story
>somehow a bad thing

スゴイベイト先輩

it was shit

Yes
Loses points because the best scene was the destruction of the Enterprise at the end of act 1.
The other two acts seem lacking something in comparison.
Actually liked sabotage.

it was pretty boring, took me three goes to get to the end.

No

I kept away from spoilers since its conception, stayed away from the threads and reading spoilers
They hyped up who the villain would be and the excitement died within the first 15 minutes when I found it was going to be a fucking rehash of Khan

FUCK YOU JEW JEW AND YOUR HACK CREW

It's a bad thing because it has no stakes and everything goes back to the way it was at the end.

They stake all the suspense on whether the generic bad guy will destroy all of starfleet, when you know damn well that it's not going to happen. If you want a smaller scale movie you need a personal conflict and not one that goes "or else everyone will die". That's what a tv show plot is.

oh fuck what is the story for that webm?

did he died?

Honestly it was alright.

I'm more hyped for the new series though.

It was a lot of fun, and had the best character interactions of the 3. It was nice seeing the crew feel like a family, rather than focusing solely on Kirk, Spock, and Uhura.

>Poochie died on the way back to his home planet

Why did the have to put the nanobots in the air system? Why not just, like, put them on the ground? They'll get through the whole station eventually

Shit > Star Wars > 09 > 16 > 13

>that gay Zulu scene

no

>i think that Lin guy directed the shit out of it.

After seeing Beyond I'd like to see him make an original space movie.

It was better than Warcraft if only cause the acting wasn't atrocious
Basically this
It definitely did seem like a worse version than GoTG in a lot of places. Though I wonder if that's because both films are so clearly influenced by star wars?

Would it be better if it ended shortly after the Beastie Boys scene...

Them finding out Krall is Balthazar and him slowly walking away lost in the crowd and surrounding chaos?
Actually I guess Yorktown being closed off as it is makes him being lost or escaping out of the question.

made me kek

So, uh, can someone answer... how did he raise such a huge army if all his crew but 3 died?
And why were they all willing to die for him in suicide attacks?
And how did he communicate in that special way brain-wave way?

Loved it.

They were the drone slave-race of the original race of the planet

They're a drone army. Previous race left the planet leaving that army behind.

Only Krall and one other crew mate are seen I think.

>how did he raise such a huge army if all his crew but 3 died?
Did you miss the part where he said there were people living on the planet?

seriously wtf happened to helicopter zulu?

Apparently some nigger jumped on the helicopter during a funeral of some king businessman nigger

newsweek.com/watch-kenyan-disrupts-jacob-juma-burial-hanging-helicopter-460256

>btw I got this piece of technology that's not magic at all that allows me to drink the life force, which is totally a scientific thing, out of other life forms, now let's never bring it up again

Ah, okay, makes sense (still seemed oddly eager to sacrifice them though)
No, that rings a bell but I missed the part where he said he could control them

>unlocking fast travel.webm

Hated the film Into Darkness was leagues better.

If nothing else, the film gets two thumbs down because of

>Hey, we made Sulu gay! DID YOU SEE? Notice him walking away with his gay lover? SEE HOW PROGRESSIVE WE ARE????

something something reddit

It has flaws but it is an improvement over the last two films. We have Kirk doing actual diplomacy and it feels more like Trek.

>Sulu is gay now
>overforced annoying accents
>unfunny commentaries
>no suspense at any time because you know all the main characters have plot armor
>build a ship that can be easily penetrated by anything in space
>escape pods bounce around like marbles with no effect on the occupants
it's fking over, we're never getting a good scify film ever

Quinto doesn't know how to play Spock

I'm glad they put shit like this in movies now just so the SJW-right expose themselves like the whiny cunts they are. I hope you get cancer, if only for your delusional hypocrisy.

And that delicious juicy irony when George Takei ended up criticizing them for making Sulu gay.

first 25 mins were GOAT. once they got stranded it became shit. beastie boys, bad planet design, bad jokes, bad writing, bad new characters, that scene where he fucking mindmelds and starts screaming and you have no idea what's going on but it's fucking hilarious. this movie was a mess.

I don't understand how they can make the yorktown introduction sequence at the start which (no exaggeration) gave me goosebumps while allowing this stuff to stay in.

I watched this as someone who has never seen any Star Trek before in my life, including the two previous films. So maybe I can give you an idea of what the average non-Trekkie thinks about this and Star Trek in general.

Over all it was decent, it had that adventurous charm of A New Hope by not getting bogged down in emotions, yet still having an interesting arc with Kirk. It felt very imaginative with its ideas. It was refreshing that it wasn't dark and gritty, without feeling overly escapist. It biggest strength was the solid character interactions and chemistry.

What holds it back, and Star Trek in general is how goofily out of date a lot of it is, ie spark and the Vulcans, as well some of the other creature and universe designs. Also that song being hamfisted into the plot, you just know it was some boomer/ genx idiot with a hard on for the song putting it in. It just highlights the out of date-ness of the ideas.

Overall I enjoyed it. 7/10

Yorktown was waaaay to advanced for tos era star trek

Fans defending it give it headcanon saying it was already made by more advanced aliens (like the aliens who left the drone-army planet in the nebula).

Either way:
Piss poor plot
Dumb writing of the villain; let all his secrets out at a time, instead of doing the shitty "TWIST" at the end with Uhura finding out he was the Franklin's captain
Way too balanced for giving each crewmember screentime; it felt too winded and not "focused" in what it was trying to capture in plot and momentum
REALLY SHITTY EDITING; like holy shit stop cutting every 3 seconds
Beastie Boys plot device
Didn't feel like any stakes were at chance except Yorktown which who-gives-a-fuck besides Sulus gay lover being there

I have more but most of it has been said already or Im preaching the choir

Shit writing all in all; could have been fixed had someone not inept as Simon Pegg had """fixed""" it
Also, Justin Lin killed every Trekkie's hope by having his fucking name on it
>also naming the USS Franklin solely based on his father
His father's name is Frank, ergo Frank Lin, ergo USS "Franklin". There's even a small space on the USS Franklin plaque between the K and L
Also had "where no MAN has gone before" - the TOS/ENT era statement, before it was changed to "no ONE"

Only parts I liked was some full circle aspects of Kirk (his Dad, his adopted Dad, his Sabotage/bike relating to his car chase with Sabotage in the first movie, that's about it)

Spock was emotional af and I hate him for it, Scotty was a sperg

Literally the only actor that portrayed his character justice was Karl Urban as Bones. 10/10 performance as Bones. Gets the mannerisms, voice, and delivery just as well Kelley. Fuck everyone else.

Also
>finishing the "Space; the final frontier" monologue at the end on UHURA of all people; not OldSpock (Nimoy) or Yelchin as a tribute to their deaths, or even having Kirk end it since he's the motherfucking captain.

What horseshit.

Watched this film yesterday, it was very good, the best of the reboot.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
CAN'T STAND IT

fun as fuck movie.

This movie shows how completely corrupt and useless movie critics are. Into Darkness was widely praised by critics, and heavily criticized by fans. The critics at the time dismissed fan complaints as whiny basement dwellers. And guess what happened? Everyone in the production basically admitted the fans were right, since you had JJ admitting there were major problems with his movie, you had Lin and Pegg making a movie that acts purely as a sequel to 2009 with virtually no reference to ID (not even bothering to retcon the stupid shit, preferring just to ignore it completely).

>Wonder why Scotty was given such an outsized role when he's supposed to be a secondary character compared to Kirk/Spock/McCoy
>Remember Simon Pegg wrote the script

Also why can't writers understand that you need to have Spock be emotionless the vast majority of the time, so when he does show emotion it actually has impact? Movie Spock is showing emotion so constantly his claim of being driven purely by logic is outright laughable.

Kek

1>2terrible

No, not really.
Sure, that kind of rap is so cancerous that it can kill an entire armada, no discussion there. Some more of it and i would have started to puke myself but the movie on itself is completely forgettable, doesn't address any real issue between the characters nor show anything new about them now that they've been presented.

Spock and Uhura keep bitching, Kirk still has his father complex, Scotty is given a romantic interest that is so bland that no one even cares, the villain and plot are completely forgettable too.

It's basically what this user said

>capeshit/10

actually a decent movie unlike the previous two

The big running joke of the entire original series is that Spock, who is supposed to be emotionless, constantly makes decisions based on emotional reactions, and Bones makes cold dispassionate decisions that he cloaks in a veneir of emotion. The new movies completely failed to pick up on this. Nu Spock feel off because his emotional outbursts are out in the open, not thinly veiled with logic.

>you're just two sides of the same coin
>my superiority lies with in my lack of convictions
>you don't lose if ya don't play I always say

DUDE MUSIC SAVES THE DAY LMAO

>Also why can't writers understand that you need to have Spock be emotionless the vast majority of the time

They're movies user. They don't have a season to set up that he's bottling shit up. They don't need to though: everyone knows what a vulcan is and what they're about.

Saw it last night when the torrent went up

It was just as unmemorable as the first one, but it was fun. No better or worse than the recent TMNT.

>New tough girl who don't need no man was absolute shit

Literally another species. How do you know if the females aren't the tough ones on her planet?

Is be happy to have another couple of StarTrek movies like this, trek in spirit while being fun. Sadly this movie bombed so I have no idea what they will do next, probably overreact and make something stupid.

It was good just barely any character development. It's pretty much The Avengers but with no character arcs. They brought things up and never did anything with it. Like Kirk's mom.

I liked it. Meaningless but fun.
>tfw no alium gf

should I watch that?
i'm watching for free, is it worth my time?

yes