Will it ever be topped?

Will it ever be topped?

I dont know

shitty af if you go back and watch it. It was a product of the 90s urban white post cold war ennui that will never return

theres no value in the show, it had nothing to teach, nothing to experience, just sound and noise

In what way hasn't it been topped? Shows have had better casts, better plots, better sets, better production value, longer run time, more awards, and above all more popular. It was a big tentpole for the 90's but that's it. There's nothing about it that retains its superiority.

>Managed to tell that Courtney Cox was barefoot from the catalogue thumbnail.

I may have looked at one too many foot-pictures online...

Who says the shit needs to teach anything?

But you're right, the show is a depressing rip of the film Singles and that movie alone was a massive heap of shit

>and above all more popular

Debatable

It ended 12 years ago and its just as culturally relevant today as it was then

can someone recommend a comedy that's close to this show's epic humor?

i rewatch all episodes twice a year. it's epic funny until now.

i find seinfeld annoying. especially kramer. i wish kramer died a slow utterly painful death.

Still tied for best sitcome with seinfeld senpai

>shitty comedy staring a handfull of autistic manchildren characters who act like middleshcoolers even when they're in their mid 30's

S1 Pheobe was such a qt

>The Class
>HIMYM
>TBBT

No other show has been Jewish enough

>can someone recommend a comedy that's close to this show's epic humor?

just realized how this might be read by some anons especially on Cred Forums. to clarify: i'm not challenging/arguing. i'm asking for recommendations. i'm looking for shows similar to friends to watch.

s1 joey was totally hot. too bad he became fat. ;_;

>tfw Joey was an out of work actor, rather than a black hole of cheese and sex

haven't seen the class.
himym is very funny.
tbbt is not funny. jokes are pretty lame. only reason for it's popularity is large boobs.

>haven't seen the class

Really benefited as a product of the time.

Cable and the internet were really starting to pick up towards the end of it's run. Network numbers will never be that high again.

It's odd how NBC owned the 90s sitcoms with Seinfeld, Friends and Frasier. CBS took over with HIMYM, 2 1/2, and TBBT. ABC always sticks with more family friendly and Fox is only now really getting into live action comedy.

I think a lot of comedy is so niche, that it's better off for it to be specified on smaller shows on cable than a big tent show on network.

people in the 90s looked so much better

>It ended 12 years ago and its just as culturally relevant today as it was then

You're a moron. It is without a doubt not as culturally relevant. We still know about it, but it sure as shit is not as popular as it was.

Furthermore it's not culturally relevant because there's no god damn way Millennials (the generation that is now the age of the Friends cast during shooting) can possibly afford apartments like that, especially not at the level of comfort they experience.

It was popular at its height but like everything else in the 90's it's just a picture into the past, it's not relevant anymore.

>It is without a doubt not as culturally relevant

What? I just went to Hootie and the Blowfish last week!

haha when I was teenager I told my mom I wanted to live in New York. She told me that I only think that because people who "live in New York" on TV don't live in shitholes. She pointed to Rachel as an example. "No way a waitress lives in a place that nice in New York"

kek all that butthurt. i'm sorry your childhood in the 90s was a terrible time for you.

none of the actors were hot handsome. what's the point of watching?

I've always wondered if Cred Forums was full of females.

y'all obviously haven't seen the show. monica's grandma owned the apartment and had rent control. rachel couldn't afford a place of her own so stayed with monica (and for a time with joey and also with ross).

>it's popularity
>it is popularity

Isn't Hootie Darius Rucker now?

i sit corrected.

Seinfeld was always better

WE WERE ON A BREAK!

y'all crazy.

Even thinking about Friends makes me want to go back to my childhood so much I could cry, I'd probably off myself if I tried watching any

how ya doin'?

>courteney cox actually looks like she got younger until the later seasons

MY SANDWICH?

MYYYYY SANDWICH?!?!

Thread is gr8 b8

>plastic surgery
Not even once

Friends was legitimately mediocre.

Friends is one of the few really, really popular things that I genuinely love. Feels weird. Guess it is technically overrated as no show can live up to the hype that was created around it.

I unironically think that 'friends' is boring, bland and is devoid of any humour. It's one of the most reddit shows I've ever had the displeasure of watching.
You people need to take off your nostalgia glasses.

>they were on a break

>It's one of the most reddit shows

But it existed before Reddit. You should argue that Reddit is a really Friends-ish website, if you actually think they're similar. I mean, you'd sound even more fucking retarded than you already do, but you could do it.

Always thought this show was bland as hell, I'd rather watch the news

HIMYM is funnier than Friends ever was.

Jesus fuck does David Schwimmer age?