Hyped for MST3K

Holy fuck I can't wait:

thewrap.com/jerry-seinfeld-mark-hamill-joel-mchale-to-appear-on-mystery-science-theater-3000-reboot/

Biggest of all: Ready Player One (my favorite book) author Ernest Cline will be a writer for the season.

Where is Mike Nelson? :(

Not sure, but Kevin Murphy is confirmed to be back!

> unironically being on team Mike

back to your little millennial hugbox you fucking child

>ready player one EPIC XDD book
>felicia day
>patton oswald
>beta numale

dropped

Aren't Crow and Tom gonna be voiced by new people though? I thought the Rifftrax crew wanted nothing to do with what Joel is doing now.

>Ernest Cline

SOMEONE POST THE PAGES

>Getting hyped for a camel in a wig

this. with mystery social justice theater 3000, the last untouched enjoyable thing from my childhood can finally be raped to death.

thanks joel

Yeah, I can't see how this show could possibly get more reddit.

>identifyingbait.jpg

How about you spend the money on Rifftrax instead, the actual MST3K?

I got you senpai

Look at the level of writing talent being brought to the new MST3k

You can still watch the old episodes, you fucking retard.

what the fuck is this

holy fuck, I love all of these things. is the RP1 audiobook better than the print experience? this is literally my childhood, lol

Gonna need that mech battle too, fampai

I can and I do, Joel. Please take your own life

Some numale faggot who decided that he could cram as many pop culture references into his book to make up for the fact that he can't right.

Aaah, that's the shit my man.

I hope the new series brings this level of biting social commentary, too

But can he write

couldn't he just have said all this shit here is anime instead of describing everything as "x anime series, y anime series"?
actually why would it even matter, he doesn't even really describe the series, why does he need to point out its anime
is this /lit/ bait? it has to be, right? i feel like i should make a RP1 thread and see where it goes there

>Felicia Day and Patton Oswald

Hard pass, senpai

Reminds me a lot of "Soon I Will be Invincible" only about a billion times worse.

You tell us

I want two dual sex models that I will make fuck in front of me then drink my cum out of eachother's holes.

I seriously hate every single thing about the reboot.
It's like they were trying to be a trite as possible, instead of quaint like the classic.

They cut a deal with him; he gets to sell his MST3K episodes on Riftrax as digital downloads and keep all of the money and the promise of a truce between the two camps.

Mike also told Joel to make Felcia Day STFU lest she screws up the entire revival, which Joel took to heart given how Felicia has been quiet and not stirring shit up

>Patton Oswalt to play TV's Son of TV's Frank

fukken sold

>Joelfags

I'll never understand why autists give him any love. He was as funny as a dead fish.

This right here.

When the revival was announced, Mike/Kevin/Bill announced that they made a deal with Shout Factory so they can sell digital downloads of S5-10 on their website and gave the revival their blessing.

IIRC the current line is that Mike was indeed asked to come back, but he declined so he could focus on Rifftrax and the whole "MST3K/Rifftrax" have different audiences spiel (IE Rifftrax focuses on popular A-List movies, while MST3K 2.0 is going to stick to the B-Movie roots of the original).

So basically they bribed Mike to give the revival a thumbs up, and Mike is purposely staying away because he's got his own thing going with RT and doesn't want to make things TOO incestuous between the two.

Joel had his moments where he was pretty much as snarky and venomous as Mike.

Funny meme good sir! Up bloat for you!

Those moments were written by Mike.

>joel

How many seconds into it before a Trump joke?

>Ready Player One (my favorite book)

>Ready Player One

Why don't you read some real literature like A Song of Ice and Fire you pleb.

I'm glad Patton's wife died
Serves him right for signing on to this dog shit
Fucker is a fake nerd, just riding it for the fame

That's some pre-meditate karma at work. Oswalt fucked the universe up with this, the universe fucked his wife. He got existentially cucked

I honestly hope he kills himself.
I regret ever enjoying his standup.
Speaking of which, does anyone want his entire body of work?
I've got all his official shit as well as all the bootlegs.

>playing the "no true Scotsnerd" game with Patton Oswalt of all people

Do you faggots even hear yourself with this shit.

go to bed patton

He's a piece of shit, regardless of how honest he is

Not him but Patton Oswalt is literally a "nerd". He plays D&D, has an encyclopedic knowledge of "nerdy" shit like 70's sci-fi shows, buys tons of comics every wednesday, etc. I used to like him before he became the social justice police. Now he annoys the fuck out of me, but he's definitely a real nerd.

>unironically being on team sellout
Mike is love, Mike is life. Joel stabbed you dumb faggots in the back for some easy cash.

I want to die, I want to die. Why? Just why?
Someone please stop Joel, he's raping MST3K.

People who shit on Mike a particularly fucking dumb because he was a writer on the show while Joel was hosting even before he started doing parts like Torgo and other side characters on screen. Mike had a better stage presence and was better at delivering punch lines, he was an objectively better host.

>Biggest of all: Ready Player One (my favorite book) author Ernest Cline will be a writer for the season.

As a defender of the new season, I give up, it's going to be shit, fucking kill me.

You were a fool.
But I forgive you.

>he was an objectively better host
>objectively

mandypatinkininawigandmustache.jpg

>A bunch of thoughtless and artless cliche lines thrown at a page peppered with references both obscure and non-descriptive enough to become self-terminating gibberish

And people pay for this shit?

I think Joel and Mike were both great hosts but I find it hilarious that Joelfags are eternally BTFO. Now every time a Joelfag tries to shit on Mike the Mikefags can laugh at how Joel became a sellout hack.

DELETE THIS

I got the book as a gift. Trashed the book and the girl that gave it to me not long after.

Modern nerd culture is the worst.

New York Times best-seller, for what that's worth.

>Writes one of the most scathing and most of all, accurate take-downs of millenials and reddit culture
>Cred Forums takes it as him just listing off things he liked
Of course.

But when does it get good, Mr. Trips Man?

Top kek, it would be amazing if Ernest revealed his entire career has been a scathing satire of millennial nerd culture.

This is awful writing.

MST3K only had a handful of good episodes and after all these years I don't imagine it's going to be any better

listen dick, nerds have been fucked their whole lives. guess what? its our turn to shine now shitlord

We all know this isn't ironic

>fake nerd
i've never seen his standup

It was pretty good before he started doing family material.
Then it went down hill, he wouldn't record real albums anymore, just comedy central specials that they'd cut into pieces and then market a cd with some exclusive material from the special and the video of the special with exclusive material. No more records from real comedy clubs, just the big auditoriums.

Imagine what reading this would be like if you didn't know who or what all or even most of those people and things were.
It would just be so bizarre, really try and imagine your favorite book or movie or TV show or whatever grinding to a halt for a bit while the characters talk about the media of the fictional universe they live in, with no real frame of reference at all for you to go on and all the discussion is so superficial that you can't really learn anything about the fictional media being discussed.

>Imagine what reading this would be like if you didn't know who or what all or even most of those people and things were.

That's at least half the people who bought the book.

hello new friend, this is actually a hate thread. I don't know what I'm doing here either

>Ready Player One (my favorite book)
Fuck.

Is Patton supposed to be TV's Frank?

>Felicia Day will never give you tips about how to look 40 years older than you really are.

>"I wasn't some dilettante"
>just lists the basic gimmes

Isn't that what a dilettante is? Unless autistically knowing all the phrases and tidbits of that shit.

Just think of all the lame ass shit they're going to be referencing in this day and age:
-cell phones
-facebook twitter reddit
-marvel movies
-literal-whos like pewdiepie kardashians etc.

also:

-no fat jokes (Mitchell)
-no tranny jokes (Incredibly Strange Creatures)
-no fun allowed

He's TV's Son of TV's Frank.

>They will never have Mark Hamill guest riff where they destroy "The Force Awakens" and based Luke just tears into it