What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

vice.com/read/forza-horizon-3-depicts-a-better-australia-than-australians-deserve-310-playground-games
youtube.com/watch?v=mIrsFz_zMTI
deadline.com/2016/08/shane-smith-vice-media-warning-mactaggart-lecture-edinburgh-1201808106/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

wildy inconsistant

too many shit productions followed by stuff that should/could be taken seriously but is still overshadowed by shit

tried to be the amazon of documentaries, didn't work

still produce some decent stuff

>it's "let's make a cable channel for a generation of people who don't even own a TV" episode

They went from gonzo journalism to virtue signaling for refugees and being Pro Remain.

an article about people eating uncooked ramen
nothing left to say

All they're good material goes to the HBO show, which most people don't watch.

they went from being the rogue journalists reporting on things nobody else would and then turned into reporting on things nobody else cares

went all

DUDE DRUGS AND SKINNY BEARDED HIPSTERS AND RACISM

instead of remaining a somewhat interesting journalistic org

empty calories. all of it.

I know a girl that wrote a few articles for Vice.

Her very first one was about making CUM cocktails.

She invited some friends over (male/female) and literally documented them making liquor drinks out of their jizz and drinking it.

I think she tried to do one on smoking alcohol and almost died or something so she gave up

>makes a gaming page
>"hey lets be like kotaku but worse"

I was posting articles on my live journal and myspace over ten years ago.

Get on my fucking level, nerds. Im Post-Hipster.

Yeah and they did it in like 12-18 months, impressive.

To be fair, they were smart enough to see Leigh Alexander as the cancer she was and shitcanned her after a single article.....

Morgan Spurlock + sjw's - Gavin = vice

Get a better host for Abandonded

Vice is awesome. Go back to /r/thedonald you alt right faggots.

Cred Forums Pass user since September 2012.

this
I used to watch all their interesting and somewhat unbiased docs, but now everything is just incredibly biased politics.

>Vice is awesome
It never was but there were some redeeming documentaries.

Vice Japan still makes interesting original content though.

>Cred Forums Pass user since September 2012.
Ben Ghazi?!

>All their good material goes to the HBO show
It really does. Their channel is garbage, half the shows are fat stoners eating food.

explain?? source?

>wildly inconsistent
They still make some good stuff, but there's a lot of stupid series.

to put what you just said into 2 words: wildly inconsistent

I know, I'm agreeing

They did a review of Forza Horizon 3 which at almost no point discussed the game, instead discussing Tony Abbot and "institutional racism and homphobia within Australia"

I'm not even kidding:
vice.com/read/forza-horizon-3-depicts-a-better-australia-than-australians-deserve-310-playground-games

>North Korea
>Chernobyl
>Big Sandy
>Underground LSD palace
>Khyber Pass
>Iron Man Suit
>Philippine bootleg gun makers
>The guy with the homemade nuclear reactor

Pretty much. They also had a pretty good journalist, that used to be at the BBC, working for them. His documentaries were solid.

The underground LSD palace video came out like 4 years ago user, I'm pretty sure the Chernobyl one was 3 years ago

>heat st. does a review of the game Virginia
>doesn't even discuss the game outside of one paragraph near the end
>spends the whole article bitching about people who call people who criticize the game racist
It's only fine when it's people I like!

nothing ever went "right". they were always numales desperately trying to be insightful

I haven't read that review and I don't read Heat St., you projecting faggot

they used to be super edgy

started dying when gavin left

The progressive left happened

how much did she get paid?

I like Gaycation.

You're worst than any redditor faggots that post her, kys.

SJW, too much content. Their documentaries were amazing and war corresponding but that's getting rarer and rarer

Vice was only good when they went to foreign countries and were too small to be controlled by the United States propaganda team.

Then Numales came and now Vice went from interviews with Rebel foreign fighters and African warlords named Bug Spray and George Bush to Hipsters interviewing transgenders crying about how they got bullied online.

this

I remember Liberia, that shit was fucked up.

If you don't get a laugh out of watching Bronson on Ancient Aliens I have no wish to converse with you annonomously on a weeb image board.
youtube.com/watch?v=mIrsFz_zMTI

FAGGOTS AND WEED

ALL A VICE HIPSTER NEEDS

upscaled.
They became buzzfeed.

>“Now, Gen Y knows what side of history it wants to be on,” Smith said. “But where are they getting the media that satisfies these passion points? Now ask yourself, and ask yourself honestly, are we collectively making enough of this? Do we push it? Do we fight for it? I asked myself that question and realized that honestly the answer was no.
>So we changed our brand from hipsters’ bible talking about rare denim, cocaine and super models to doing environmental programming, social justice, women’s issues, and, of course, music. I’m not stupid. And guess what? Our business grew. Our audience exploded. And we made more money. Which is good because more money means more content.”
deadline.com/2016/08/shane-smith-vice-media-warning-mactaggart-lecture-edinburgh-1201808106/

LITERALLY CHASED THE SJW DOLLAR.

>we sold out to corporate interests!
Unsubbing and dropped

>Gen Y knows what side of history it wants to be on
is this the good ole' "if you disagree with me you're on the wrong side of history" argument?

a story as old as the world

>bunch of rebels are tired of corporate directed news
>make their own shit
>become successful
>become corporate directed

>Cred Forums Pass
kys faggot

No one thinks that is acceptable either, stop projecting.

They started trumpeting the "official narrative", especially with covering Syria.

The "moderate muslim rebels" were touted as "freedom fighters"

>wrong side of history
>all cultures are equal

pick one

>is this the good ole' "if you disagree with me you're on the wrong side of history" argument?
Doesn't even necessarily mean its the side of history he wants to be on, that's what I find so confronting about the whole block quote is he's literally saying That is to say, if there was more money in the alt-right, he'd go to the alt-right. He just chases the biggest fist of dollars.