Netflix Originals

What is the best Netflix Original? What are some lesser known ones that are worth checking out?

I'd say the best is probably The Fall.
Time has been kind of Gillian.

Is Marco Polo worth watching? What about The Last Kingdom?

Marco Polo is severely underrated. Go watch it. Last Kingdom isn't a Netflix show.

This one.

TLK is a Netflix Original in my region. That actually explains why it seemed lower quality than other originals.

What about Narcos? Worth watching?

id say bloodline, but i think thats getting a bigger audience after they won an emmy so i dont think its that lesser known anymore

>What about Narcos? Worth watching?
no

>What about Narcos? Worth watching?
Only if your actually interested in the topic.

the show is not even very historically accurate

What? A dramatized tv show based on real life events is not entirely historically accurate? No way

The Bridge, original swedish/danish. Not one of you assholes will be bothered though.

I didnt say it was. Im saying the only people who really enjoy it are people who find the topic interesting and its not worth watching based on its own merits.

the fall was very good.
i'd recommend it above pretty much anything else on netflix.

just saying I would not recommend someone watch it "if they are interested in the topic" since it's mostly bullshit

has it been enough time that I can say stranger things was good?

Yes, of course

bojack horseman

Stranger things is the best. But I think Lilihammer is great and super underrated

Marco Polo S1 is great, they dropped the ball in Season 2 though. Still a good show but S1 was far better

that's pretty good. So is Lillyhammer.

Marco Polo is based

season 2 was utter crap
no
accurate
s2 was a letdown

i'd say making a murderer is top 5 as well. i just noticed netflix often has strong first seasons then the quality drops

>i just noticed netflix often has strong first seasons then the quality drops
Bojack Horseman's 2nd season made the first season look like a pile of hot garbage
it's the exception though

First 2 seasons of House of Cards.

That's where the show ended.

Don't believe their lies

no doubt

I already know that feel, user.

>Love seasons 1-2
>Watch halfway through 3
>It's shit

Was season 4 really that bad too?

The get down is pretty fly.

If you can stomach Luhrman style, you're in for a treat.

Personally I was obsessed with NYC in the 70's after watching Taxi driver so it was interesting for me.

90% of season 4 is them trying to make parallels between the show and real life, but the guy running against Frank is nothing like Trump so it makes no fucking sense

Was it preachy as fuck too? I found season 3 and its Russia plot was becoming really preachy.

Can someone who doesn't get that culture enjoy it?

I tried watching it but it was making me far too depressed. It is well made though, maybe sometime when I'm out of this rut I will be able to watch it

Any (probably) good Netflix original for the future?

it wasnt that bad, it felt a little over the top but i didnt think it was that bad. it as better than s3.

first two were really comfy though. specially watching frank eat the ribs at freddys always made me crave bbq food, so i always picked up wings every now and then when i decided to watch the show.

>Was it preachy as fuck too? I found season 3 and its Russia plot was becoming really preachy.
the gun control shit was really annoying, but it wasn't as bad as season 3 IIRC

COULD NOT FINISH THAT FAKE SEASON, who cares if 4 is good, 2 ended PERFECTLY

you cannot say that Season 2 was not FLAWLESS when it ended.

If there was a god, he would have killed everyone involved at that point to preserve that purity.

I feel like the series needed to end earlier. The fact that it has 6 seasons planned in total doesn't seem like a great idea. Did they ever do anything with that journalist that was investigating Frank because of that women he pushes in front of the train?

That final knock was perfect, wasn't it?

>Can someone who doesn't get that culture enjoy it?
You mean black culture?

I mean, I'm not even American or Black and I enjoyed it. But like I said I had another interest, namely urban decay.

Give it a try, at least until episode 2.

Alright, I will user. I hope I enjoy it.

well his story continues but it wasnt really concluded

What exactly makes it a Netflix Original?

Netflix has so much shit I know they didn't have fucking anything to do with labeled as Netflix Original I don't even know what it means. It's most obvious with the anime they throw the label on.

>episode 2
episode 4 is everything I ever wanted in a LC show

Ah, that's a shame.

It's for shows they actually made (Daredevil, House of Cards) and shows they distribute in other regions I think (Designated Survivor, anime, Good Morning Call).

"LC" show?

Bojack not even joking i didnt like all the liberal shit though in s3. Hopefully 4 changes that. I stopped thinking they where animals at some point some how. The first ep is a parody some dont worry it gets pretty real.

You just triggered my ASMR even thinking of it.

luke cage

I do the knock now too at home now.

>Good Morning Call
I thought you meant better Call Saul since it is on the same group as those but it was this, kek

Whats the fall about? Is it actually good.

I'm enjoying that. Netflix's Marvel shows are so much better than the movies.

Haha, it's a very cheesy show. Better Call Saul is actually another example of that though. I think British Netflix was simulcasting it.

So many memes in this show

I love it

What's good about it?

comfy as fuck. It gives me hope that my old age won't be bad

It is basically a British game of thrones
More mature and less serious

The killing

Last Chance U

1 had a slow pace but it was watchable. 2 put me in a coma.

Narcos > Stranger Things > Bloodline S1 >>> House of Cards > > > > > Comaline S2 & Marco Polo

this is so good

one of the best sports documentaries ever

Not even american or interested in football

If you like Louie and stuff set in NYC in general, Master of None is really really good.

If you liked Cloud Atlas and can tolerate gratuitous sex scenes, Sense8 is decent.

>I'd say the best is probably The Fall.

S01 is great, S02 is garbage.

>Is Marco Polo worth watching? What about The Last Kingdom?

Both are trash.

>gratuitous sex scenes

are they enjoyable by a straight man
or is it gross gay/dyke shit

It's a trans hacker and a black dyke but if you can put up with it the show is a reasonably based thriller.

There's a straight white german guy who is a badass. It's 'diverse' but not in a foaming bullshit way.

There's quite a lot of gratuitous sex in HBO to sit through but that's worth it too imo.

IMO, you don't really enjoy it until it ends. It doesn't seen like it's worth it until it's over and then you realize what you just watched. But that was just my opinion.

Bloodline was the best shit they had so far. But Kyle Chandler and Ben Mendleson are some of my favorite actors.

If you like a show where a short, ugly, Muslim lives the life of a tall handsome guy, then Masters of None is the show for you.

please, master of none is nowhere near "really really good"

How's menopause user?

I saw ARQ a few days ago, that was decent.

Lily hammer was fucking shit. I never got better.

How do you bypass Netflix's anti-screecap, Cred Forums?

Both are excellent.

The Last Kingdom is just a superior version of Vikings. The first couple of episodes are kind of so-so, but it picks up fast and maintains a shockingly high quality the rest of the way through.

And Marco Polo, if you're smart enough to realize the show is about Kublai Khan and the Mongolian court and NOT Marco Polo who is just the viewers self-insert, it's great. A lot of people miss that point and then bitch about how little the story seems to focus on Marco.

> if you are depressed Bloodline will never help you.

I'm 6'2, white, fit and good looking but even from my neetcave i don't get butthurt about this. Being rich, confident and funny gets you pretty far. His character almost has it all, but ultimately it all falls short for him though. You can't really say he's successful. Maybe his short ugly muslimness is what stops him actually falling in love, actually getting good work and actually being happy and content with life, all of which he skirts but doesn't end up at.

Probably not for everyone, but I really liked it. Produced by the same guy as Arrested Development.

The Fall isn't a Netflix original you fucking idiot

>Master of None is really really good.

literally some of the worst acting i've ever seen on a major television show. renders it almost unwatchable.

Compared to other shit currently or recently airing, sense8 didn't go nearly as far as I expected it to. For instance, nobody got BLACKED by the Kenyan guy.
Aside from the heavy-handed gay pride and trans shit -- which seems to be just a sad sort of wish-fulfillment on the part of the Wachowskis -- I didn't feel that show was burdened by an extreme agenda.

the gay mexican threesome is fucking hot. The woman watching them starts masterbating, it's great not even a homo

His parents? They were really funny.

???

printscreen just gives a blackscreen and it's apparently designed that way

Daredevil
Marco Polo
Narcos
Luke Cage
The Get Down
House of Cards
Stranger Things
Orange is the new Black
Last Chance U
F is For Family

I vouch for these 100%, flaws and all.

Bloodline was uninteresting to me, but then again first time I tried to watch HoC I didn't dig it either, so maybe I'll come around. Lillyhammer was okay but I only watched like 3 eps. Don't recall any other originals i watched and enjoyed. Their movie Beasts of No Nation was decent too.

I plan to finish Narcos season 2 after i finish Luke Cage, watch Sense8 and Jessica Jones after that, then rewatch Marco Polo season one since I was lost during the first episode of the new season thanks to the long stretch between them.

I hate how many Netflix originals they pump out nowadays. They push them really hard while the quality of the rest of the movies/shows on there decrease

Is it too late for another Netflix competitor?

Hulu but they put out one good show for every 25 shitty shows (11.22.63 was fantastic imo, but other than that I literally only watch Seinfeld and the occasional movie on their service)

House of Cards
Narcos

They're OK and worth watching if you've already seen actually good TV shows. The rest are shit.

>sword on back
lmao

>Hulu
no
the only hope for competition is Amazon but they don't seem to green light so many of their pilots. But I'm glad they green lighted The Tick.

i can give his parents a pass i guess. but his entire friend group+aziz himself were all really bad. only actor that was even decent was the gf.

>streaming

fucking plebian as fuck

kys

Daredevil's pretty good.

Couldn't finish Stranger things - lost interest might get back to it.

Orange is black - couldn't finish it, never will.

The fundamentals of Caring was alright but I love Paul Rudd.

Beast of No Nation is good too

Voltron was surprisingly good too. All the rest has already been mentioned

>More mature and less serious.

I'm obviously too much of a pleb to understand this user. Sounds like an oxymoron.