>lead cast is 4 women
>the gimmick is all woman lead
>the selling point is women are funny!
>This non-comedic actor is the only person to make me laugh in the entire movie
What did they mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1_v76eV55B8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What if I told you illuminati joke/ploy/plot/plan?

It works on SO many levels. This was planned out YEEEEEEEEEEARS in advance.

Tell me more senpai

that's just, like, your opinion, man

Why is he an idiot though?

Janine wasn't the ghostbusters' ditzy secretary, she was just rude and kind of lazy.

Sally Hawkins
Sarah Silverman
Jessica Williams
Mindy Kaling

THERE a digestible Ghostbusteresque cast that can write there own script.

Hemsworth is actually a really good comedic actor, he just gets typecast as a leading man because he's a 10/10.
youtube.com/watch?v=1_v76eV55B8

For the same reason
The villian was a man
The alphabet agency were incompotent men
The Mayer was a stupid man
The people who fired them from their jobs were men

The entire movie was just a means to shit on men.

>dudebro trying to be """"funny""""

Big fan of Jessica Williams.

Racist big bad white that I am.

>leaving out based Wiig

You notice every Dr. Suess movie was shit, it upped sales for the books and merchandise as parents had an excuse to go back and buy the 'old' stuff and even the inevitable people that buy the new stuff.

It's known it's bad. No one thought we needed more 'women' movies since Alien was made with unisex roles that were not gender dependent.

This is not Hollywood fixing an issue they made, this was a joke between billionaires about what dumb shit they could pull off AND MAKE MONEY FROM. They probably make bets about it.

It was a marketing ploy with online groups of people paid to shill that are even on this board.

The script and storyboards are not made the same month as filming is made. Almost every movie is made years in advance, before the official word comes out, which one is made is the real decision.

Anyways, TV shows can be written up until the last minute back in the 80's and early 90's but writing is a lot easier since computers and the use of them is known and e-mails and everything else.

Since Gamer-Gate they know there was tension between feminist and video game nerds. This was a great movie to attack on.

This then also suggests that gamergate was manufactured, but since Harlem Shake corporations have had a better control on how to manipulate viral videos and shit. like the ploy of the Kony 2012 and Occupy Movement. Those were all tests at online manipulation and since then it's been pretty peaceful.

Right now the bigger movement is towards hate speech and that includes women rights. There will always be people that blow it out of proportion like Tumblrinas but they're good they help the movement self-terminate into suicide.

It might sound crazy, but the practice of it the same as studies for marketing from Sesame Street that were done before... Harlem Origin was a known thing before coming from the corporation that owned the copyright for the song and gained money on youtube from videos playing the song.

Also feminist Mad Max

I just wanna ask a quick question, lately all i see are posts that seem "sjw", like if i said i didnt like the ghostbusters remake, or anything pro feminism, it gets devoured with morale highground posts, it makes it hard to want to enjoy tv topics without someone saying anything that doesnt kiss black people or womens ass is evil. Is it satire and some one is just taking the piss? Or is this site's reputation attracting the kind of people this place was a haven from?

Can't find it now but before Mad Max came out around the same time as gamersgate there was a 'misogynist' blogger on twitter or something making a pretty normal typical joke about mad max being 'feminist' but that was his shtick.

Since then everyone else fed into this hoax as if it were true. I can't find that origin story NOW, just like I can't find the article about Harlem Shakes true origin too. It's out there.

I didn't follow gamersgate as closely so I don't know about it's origins but that might be even more obscure since it was always speculations from the start and deals more with Zoe fucking people and some other youtuber girl getting paid a million dollars to rip peoples youtube videos off and half assing reviews.

But it's been a marketing angle since Mad Max and that wasn't even true. That was making a mountain from a single mole hill.

This makes a lot of sense, the trends from a marketing angle, almost like what tyler perry does with the audiences his film cater to.

Chris is just a great guy.

give an example of when something you said got 'devoured.' Can't tell if people are memeing unless you get specific.

You sir are a misogynist

Cred Forums Pass user since October 2016

K, i defended tim burton's stance on casting roles to caucasions to fit in line with his story, and immediately there were posts that had triggered people id assume were sensitive skinned or black or female because the usual banter is different. I usually just lurk until i see one post i make gets very social political respones nonstop which is very "unusual". Almost as if i wasnt on Cred Forums but some other website where i had stirred up a bees nest.

Welcome to Cred Forums in the post reddit / ctr era. There's a bunch of normies here shilling for the sjew thanks to cnn.

They'll leave when they get bored.

I'm pretty certain that's just shitposting. Like how after the American presidential debate every board was clogged with nothing but "DRUMPF GOT FUCKING DESTROYED' in every single thread for about 6 hours. It's just about the surest way to farm (you)s here and Cred Forums is nothing if not (you) farming.

Well think of the instablity that was happening before with record companies and movie companies. now there's no instability, and it's not terrible, you see guys like WB making franchise movies too and even if they're 'flops' because the critics all fluster for no good reason and say "OMFG THIS MOVIE IS TERRIBLE" even though it could be Citizen Kane, it keeps the plan on track, and you don't get film directors like finch with alien 3 saying "i'd rather get colon cancer" when they could just as easily take 20k and film the movie themselves and make a profit online.

There's more reason for them to keep control since the industry has opened up to indie films, and more reward for them being GOOD and DECENT people.

But to keep that control they need to also control what people complain about. THERE'S ONLY SO MUCH ROOM FOR COMPLAINTS. You can only complain about 1 maybe 2 things.

I am still curious IF ghostbuster is good or not.

I mean more movie critics now than ever, and this is more of a reason to control them, if not a necessity that was not needed before.

There's been a lot of trial and error going on since 2011-2012, and it's out there and to not study it would be ignorant, but there's guys out there that can 'red mage' since movies like 'moneyball' and 'imitation game' came out you can't say hollywood doesn't know about it.

you get some high ranking guy from World of WarCraft or EVE online if you know what's involved there, and they can look at the data and extract patterns from it. Hell there's grandmas that do this shit with coupons at home, it's not that hard if you got the hard data.

It's why we made computers.

Expect it. So there's room there to have fun, it IS an art industry after all.

I mean Will Smith doing a movie with Shyamalan After Earth, you tell me that wasn't a joke. Will doing his worst film ever?

I am curious at what part Shyamalan plays but there's obviously something. There would be some interesting data there.

i like her like this.

Man, everything you said seems relative to the videogame industry as well. It seems all too politically driven to boost sales as opposed to what is best for the story telling. Example:boyega in TFA, i dont think he was the only problem with the film but at the same time it seemed it could of been much better if they casted a white lead instead.

I think Hollywood is more about subversion than playing games. Supergirl is one of the best examples. The show is as anti-white male as it can possibly be while still being somewhat accepted. Or, consider that they pushed Harry Potter to be a huge success. Harry Potter being a series with heavy nods to the Nazis and reminding people that Nazis are bad.

>to boost sales
wow! a companies goal is to make money? damn! who would've thought?!!!!!
stay /red/pilled my Cred Forumsb/rother

>Remake movie to diversify it
>retain racial ratio
>Make film more regressive than it would have been if you simply flipped the genders
>The secretary is now a brainless himbo instead of the down to earth sardonic Janine was in the first one

Wew, lad

Very valid point, i just hold out that maybe there will be some monumental film that will denounce it, extravagantly, i recently saw a trailer for a jack reacher sequel where cruise beats the crap out of a black prison guard in the trailer, immediately i thought that the film was definitely going to be crucified. Maybe it will maybe it wont, but the fact alone that it made me think that an audience demographic could decide its success on that small sequence alone, makes me fear for the film industry's creativity being cornered by social justice.

Ghostbusters was retarded on all fronts. First of all, the big budget was a terrible idea, 144 million for Ghostbusters?

Secondly, aiming a Ghostbusters film at women, who do not make up the bulk of the audience of films of this nature, even in the Tumblr Generation.

And don't even get me started on the marketing, actively insulting your fanbase is never a good idea.

Then, of course, the fact that the movie was abysmal

Yah take out Sarah Silverman.

Yeah his jokes were the best. I hope he does more comedy.

It's not the goal to bring stability for any one company too, but for all the companies. I mean at the least we have to be happy is Google's rule is "Never be evil" and they would have the computer power to not just figure out all of this, but people that would think to do this, and also make it easy for people (literally anyone) to do this, and analyse it and everything else possibly needed.

This also goes into releasing of new technology (which grows at a fairly predictable rate and is what actually affects human rights progress the most) as well as implementing it easily enough.

I mean we have more stability and peace going on now then ever before in history. It can seem quite evil, but I actually have faith in it. The world is a lot fairer place. Economic down turn would actually be the kindling needed that create insurgents. Not just hear but world-wide.

Since 95% of the world has access to the internet we've been able to use this technology to even help stop drugs and rape in shanty towns in places like Brazil that even police can't get into it through local reporting and crowdsourced applications.

It's a lot more connected and seems so stupid when you say that Ghostbuster is a hoax also connects to stopping international terrorists, but economy is important and this is more of a recent thing.

Until we get interplanetary colonization done (predicted by 2020) we just have to not blow up the world like an episode of 24 and we literally get the space race victory like the Civilization game.

It will be a new era, that frankly, will be just like it is now, but with more freedom of expression as we will then have more clear goals to achieve.

A new frontier, a common goal, something people can unify to. We want to unify. to a country, to a religion, to a group. or youtube trailer.

Why do you think 2012 had so many illuminati memes? Joke is you could have been affected, we all have amnesia. like GTAV says, you forget a things everyday..

Honestly, I think that has more to do with Hemsworth getting the only decent jokes in the whole movie.

I think I could have dealt with it if the characters were well-written or if the cast had any sort chemistry on-screen. But they weren't and they didn't.

Honestly this movies decision was made to be controversial from the start as a joke. Illuminati guys like me are just regular people that formed something back at the beginning of computers, shortly after Doom, but at the start of Google. I only say this because I just have fleeting memories of this idea, and hopes that all the original cast would have been alive to at least start in it. this was back in 2011-2012. Even as a secret group we still pull shit like this on our own members the same way we do on everyone else.

like how my name comes up in The Interview because the proposition of the movie originally came from misinformation about the Vice interview with kim-jong un. and how they were suppose to assassinate him and what happen there behind the scenes.

It's even weirder when I hear my voice in NIN newest album in the howler remix that definitely is not the Throbbing Gristle guy, but was me being a part of the Genesis group or in the intro to Jack U album. Or even 2 other albums of music I don't remember right for some weird band called Psycho Face/ Psycho Metal.

We (and by we I mean me) fuck with each other just like we fuck with you.