Can we get a Star Wars film on par with it?

Can we get a Star Wars film on par with it?

Every time i watch any of the 3, i feel like i'm in for one hell of a 3 hour ride, and they always deliver, not one scene gets old.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MASSIVE_(software)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien's_influences
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you know each one gets worse and worse as the battles get more "epic"

Kinda, but seriously the fellowship is one of the best movies of all time.

But the scope of things is still massive. I found the siege of Gondor and everything leading up to it super intense. The battle was fun but the tension dissolved pretty quickly once the super friends arrived.

Frankly that's it. I watched it countless times in VHS when it came out, and still love it just the same. it's fucking flawless. it makes the books more enjoyable, and that's almost impossible feat to do. it makes the part the miss feel like DLC bonus for reading the books.

If there is a illuminati i'd like to think they made this happen for the betterment of mankind as a whole.

The hobbit movies, the first one at least, watches like an improved version of the that terrible fucking book.

>not one scene gets old

of course the scenes will feel new every time you watch it because you fall asleep each and every time.

/thread

But still, something no one else could have done with advances into CGI that included having AI to have a fucking flawless performance that even having live actors do wouldn't have made better if you see the shgit they had to go through in movies like braveheart.

It's why that first battle in braveheart is just a series of quick cuts, of the days of filming was the only usable footage.

>But still, something no one else could have done with advances into CGI that included having AI to have a fucking flawless performance that even having live actors do wouldn't have made better if you see the shgit they had to go through in movies like braveheart.

warning: reading this indecipherable mush of a sentence will melt your eyes

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MASSIVE_(software)

It's not a simple thing to explain. Sorry. Not like you really care either.

>But still, something no one else could have done with advances into CGI that included having AI to have a fucking flawless performance that even having live actors do wouldn't have made better if you see the shgit they had to go through in movies like braveheart.

Kill yourself

fellowship is only 10/10 movie in trilogy.

the two sequel are around 7-8 /10.

What an idiotic piece of commentary.

Star Wars never was and never will be on par with LOTR.

People say ESB is on par but I honestly don't see it.

Fellowship - 10/10
Towers - 8.5/10
Return - 8/10

ANH - 8/10
ESB - 9/10
ROTJ 7/10

>no Episode III
kys

lotr trilogy would not exist if it weren't for star wars laying down the groundwork for big budget blockbuster pictures

but lord of the rings blows star wars out of the water in virtually every regard. better scripts, better directing, better effects, better music. i'm seriously wondering whether we will get a trilogy that good ever again, or has nostalgia pandering franchise shit killed any chance of something like lotr from happening again

No, because every Star Wars trilogy has been made up along the way. You will never see something with a grand unified vision like the Lord of the Rings set in the Star Wars universe. Not on the big screen at least.

>tfw i rewatch these films every winter
>tfw it's almost winter

Christmas eve for me with my brothers. Nothing is more comfy

Howard Shore is the greatest living film composer, he ranks as one of the greats alongside Bernard Herrmann. The Lord of the Rings soundtrack is as good as the films they accompany, which doesn't happen often. I could listen to that soundtrack and be just as satisfied had I watched the films. It's criminal that he doesn't get the recognition that pleb shit like Hans Zimmer and John Williams get.

>watches like an improved version of the that terrible fucking book.
I'll sing a song to crush you under the very Earth you heathen

I liked LotR books but the Hobbit just reads like a sloppy mess without focus. It sets the world, and that's what people complimented it on (back in the 30's when that was a new and novel concept)

An unexpected journey was almost kino but the last two were shit. Except for the Smaug scenes

Auj was comfy even dos had its moments. I feel if Jackson had the time and the balls to say no to the jew a 2 movie hobbit would have been better than lotr

Damn str8

It was the overall direction of the movies.
The love triangle could've been good
The battle could've been good
The dwarves running from Smaug could've been good
Legolas could've been good
If it was done with the same high level of love that was in the LOTR trilogy.

The love triangle would have been cancer by any direction.

Legolas would have been good with minimal screentime

>Fellowship - 6/10
>Towers - 2/10
>Return - 2/10

>ANH - 9/10
>ESB - 8/10
>ROTJ 8/10
ftfy

the second one was the best out of the 3. but couldve been waaay better if they wrapped it up, or at least showed them take down smaug.

the other ones were dog shit

i cant wait to rewatch this after almost like 8 or 9 years since i watched them, and on the extended cuts, itll be a nice refreshing view.

>The love triangle would have been cancer by any direction.
If it was more "I feel a connection to that dwarf" rather than "gib me dat dwarf cock" it would've been fine.
Dropping the part where a no-name elf can heal would've helped as well.

>comparing star wars and lord or the rings in the same sentence

this is why i cant take this board seriously. Lucas can't write for shit, and the only reason the ppl think the originals were any good is because of "muh nostalgia" - when you remove the fact that nothing like SW had been seen before during the time ANH came out, it's trash; which is why they don't hold up.

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

>tfw you realize nothing will ever be as good as lord of the rings

hold me

Personally I think the trilogy is best watched in the holiday season after Christmas but before New Years Eve, preferably with friends or family

We get it you love lotr but there's no need to go retard over your criticism of SW

Finally, more people who have lotr on their comfy holiday movie list

Lurtz was most baddass orc

Rip Bro-omir

It would have been awkward for any romantic shit to occur between a dwarf and an elf, the differences between each race makes it laughable also both races regard each other very negatively

"No"

Ebin

Why does Sam have two swords in that poster?? And why is one of them a roman gladius?

He uses the two swords quite a bit is return of the king. One is sting when group can't fight anymore, the other is his short sword from Aragon which is a lot like a gladius.

You cam have 4+ movies the quality of the last Hobbit movie, that's the best I can do.

Please nothing in SW is or can be worse than the last hobbit film. BofA was cancer

simbly ebic

This tbf senpai

Family Drama loving Sci-Fi Fags on Suicide Watch.

>Religious influences
>Nordic influences
>Old and Middle English Influences
>The Lord of the Rings was crucially influenced by Tolkien's experiences during World War I and his son's during World War II.
After the publication of The Lord of the Rings these influences led to speculation that the One Ring was an allegory for the nuclear bomb. Tolkien, however, repeatedly insisted that his works were not an allegory of any kind. He states in the foreword to The Lord of the Rings that he disliked allegories and that the story was not one. Instead he preferred what he termed "applicability", the freedom of the reader to interpret the work in the light of his or her own life and times. Tolkien had already completed most of the book, including the ending in its entirety, before the first nuclear bombs were made known to the world at Hiroshima and Nagasaki in August 1945.
Bedeviled, a book by Lewis/Tolkien scholar Colin Duriez, discusses in more depth how the World Wars and concepts of evil and suffering influenced the writings of Tolkien and his literary group, the Inklings.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien's_influences

Also:

>Fellowship 10/10
>Towers - 9/10
>Return - 9.5/10

ANH - 7/10
ESB - 8.5/10
ROTJ 5/10

Found lord of the rings better than the HOBBIT! that movie made me want to shit a KNIFE!