What's it like living in LA?

What's it like living in LA?

It's the best. Don't fucking move here you tourist piece of shit.

Beaner planet

Thread

It's fun for the most part. Cost of living sucks and sometimes I do miss living back home. But you can't beat the weather, the locations, and the people.

I have found it pretty easy to get depressed out here though, especially because even though it feels so fucking huge it can also be extremely lonely at times. It's very easy to fall into the mindset of, "how can some normal person like me actually make it out here." You just have to force yourself out of that state of mind, which can be pretty hard when you get into those isolated feelings that can happen out here.

That being said I really do love it here. Being out here makes your life feel like a movie more often than not, for better or for worse. I don't know how long I'll end up staying here (been three years so far) but even if I do decide to leave I'll always look back on my time here extremely fondly, the ups and the downs.

are u an actor

Nah trying to be a writer but working in advertising instead

So it goes

It's a great place for anyone who's willing to try new things & expreince the cultural diversity. Like one day you can dine @ Ktown and the next day you can go to Mexican restaurant. Also there's so many entertainment/art related things to do since you're close to Hollywood/DTLA if you look for it. Yeah LA's cost of living can be painful but it's damn well worth it.

its like living in mexico. its filthy, lots of bums, full of mexicans. not a lot of whites

LA is a shithole but southern California is paradise on Earth.

You've either never lived there or lived there for a month with preconceived conservative notions and self affirmed your jaded worldview by only seeing what you set yourself up to see.

Either way, fuck off.

what's different about those 2 place?

lived near hollywood for close to 8 years now. so no, you fuck off back to beverly hills or ucla campus wherever you are

To all Beaners, Okies, hippy fags who want to movie here because they think its still the 1960s, and struggling actors.
Fuck off we're full.

>near Hollywood
Or that.

LA is a bunch of Mexicans and transplants. Traffic sucks dick, rampant crime and gangs. All the whites are fucking annoying sterotypes of what you think "Californians" are, and the other 80% of the people are Mexican or from some other 3rd world shithole.

The rest of SoCal is chill white people, and a sprinkling of Asians and Mexicans. Most are moderate to conservative. And the weather and beaches are great.

I live 45 minutes away, used to do acting near the Hollywood sign/golds gym. Also head out there every few months to hit up clubs and bars. The traffic blows but the people are cool, some shit heads, some not.

The number of beaners is blown out of proportion.

>Fuck off we're full

of beaners

yeah... but could be worse. We could be full of blacks.

At least Mexicans have good food, and can basically pass for white if they are educated.

I wouldn't really have a problem with them if they stopped waving their flags and talking about muh Atzlan, and if they preferably adopted a non-Spanish surname. Like what we used to do with Italians and Eastern Europeans.

Shit OP thanks for making this thread
I'm about to move to Cali but can't decide if I wanna move in Alhambra or Silver Lake. What would you recommend?

I'm from Hawaii if that matters

>Atzlan
Sooo they left, then came back wut?

If you drive then the worst part for me so far has been the traffic just being a nightmare at the worst possible moments. Although three girls standing over the 101 did flash me and everybody else who was stuck in traffic today so that was a nice exception.

>If you're used to listening to NPR, be prepared for the most inane Hollywood related BS ever.
>Traffic is the worst on the 405
>Hot chicks will think they're not hot because there are hotter chicks
>Food is arguably better than NYC

Escape from LA is a documentary about the average day to day life in LA

>silver lake

Are you white?

Nope. I'm hapa (white/asian). I need to know which one is less ghetto

LA is basically the shitty knockoff, retarded, poor, lost brother of glorious NYC.
The feel and everything about LA blows, save some minor exceptions. SF bay area is the best thing California has to offer, besides San Diego of course, which is based.
But nothing ever beats the Holy City of New York.

Lived in Jew York Shitty for grad school. Hated every minute of it
>People are fucking shitty
>Weather sucks dick
>Almost anywhere above Midtown is dangerous at night
>Expensive as fuck
>Everything is dirty and falling apart

About the only things NYC has is the great architecture from its glory days and the food, good pizza and Chinese.

theres also a metric shit ton of bums in the city as well not to be outdone by california though

IF YOU DONT HAVE A CAR OR YOU SUCK AT DRIVING, DO NOT MOVE HERE.

I REPEAT, IF YOU DONT HAVE A CAR OR YOU SUCK AT DRIVING, DO NOT MOVE HERE.

I love livin' in the city

Spent my whole life in the city
Where junk is king and the air smells shitty

It sucks.

t. resident of the actual city not some transplant or annoying wannabe angelino from a neighboring county

*edit: neighboring town

Needed to be more specific after skimming through this thread

Neighboring town native here,

Get all the benefits of being close to the city, none of that overpopulated cramped dirty feeling.

>Neighboring town native here,

Kill yourself

I'm from Anaheim and an Angels fan, so don't worry I'm working on it

>not living in a cabin on the serene and people-free Mr. Mojave

Call us when you're on a tropical island with a hammock tied between two palm trees

What does this thread have to do with television and film.

reminder

San Diego or San Jose?

>YIFY