samhawken.com/?p=11358
youtube.com/watch?v=aoPKajvq3gE
youtube.com/watch?v=yc8jjeUr6lE
youtube.com/watch?v=WMMWwqwRggQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

he who controls the memes controls the universe

Virginia Madsen mang

>Long live the fighters!

Seriously? They're just called "the fighters"? I didn't remember seeing that in the book. Did Lynch add that shitty line himself?

miniseries was far better, and had superior waifus

This

They're called Fedaykin in the books, maybe the studio thought people in the audience would be too confused. The movie is convoluted enough as it is

mmmm spicy

Is that some Turmeric Root? I take it as a supplement, gotta fight those free radicals

DUUUNE WEED LMAO

Has anyone watched the Redux fanedit?

Review of it:
samhawken.com/?p=11358

It's very good.
Still fuck the Weirding Modules.

looked pretty cheap and naff tho

I found it charming. Obviously it pales in comparison to the novel but for what it is, quite enjoyable

The only real issue I have is the Emperor. Wasn't he a gruff masculine guy who wore military fatigues in the book? Why the fuck did they make him such a faggot-ass dandy in the miniseries?

Sucha qt, she was 20 right?

Yeah in the books he was supposed to be a badass.

So much better than the movie but still cheap and off at times.

God that directors cut I recently watched of Lynch's Dune was so convultingly bad. It was painful at times to get theough. So much of it was just wrong. Only thing I liked was the internal monologue it was attempting. That was sort of interesting.

HBO SERIES WHEN!?!?!?

>he

Alia fucked up chances of a she competently ruling anything

That's right. I remember now. The line just sounds ridiculous when Kyle Mac lachlan awkwardly spurts it out

What is the best cut of Dune if you're watching as a Lynch fan and don't care about the books?

Theatrical?

did you fucking shitlord just presume we pronoun?

The deadness of this thread makes me realize there won't be a new Dune movie or series any time soon.

No enthusiasm hurts me

Theatrical

A movie would be impossible unless it was 4 hours long like Gone With the Wind with an intermission in the middle, something that isn't really done anymore

Best bet is definitely a big budget series like Rome, but yeah I wouldn't hold your breath

Now that would be something.

How would this be SJW'd for modern audiences?

>freemen changed to freepersons
>freepersons don't go on a galactic jihad, they go on a conquest

Maybe with the renewed interest with Star Wars and perhaps if the new Star Trek series is successful we could see a possibility of it occurring.

HBO or showtime are the only options. It won't work in commercial tv

i'll never forget that face
how shocked i was by her beauty

He who controls the rice controls China

>get to Children Of Dune/God Emperor arcs
>Ghanima becomes the God Emperor over Leto

>Irulan becomes the successive clone dynasty over Duncan Idaho

GoT has made the incest undertones from the Dune series acceptable to a modern audience

I just watched the extended directors cut. DO NOT WATCH IT.

It's so bad

Watched Jodorowsky's Dune yesterday. I hate Hollywood now.

THe priest, Javid, Alia cheats on with Duncan is made into a woman

>miniseries was far better, and had superior waifus

Kill yourself my man, it was a shit series which killed off the Dune universe on screen.

And the 'waifus', are you blind ? Even Paul's mother was hotter than any female in the tv series

Lol you're delusional if you think Hollywood had anything to do with that clusterfuck not making it. What the fuck has Jodorowsky ever done that leads you to believe he could handle a project of that scale?

I preferred Saskia Reeves desu, though I'm biased because I first saw the miniseries when I was young before even reading the book so I have a soft spot for it

Movie Jessica hottest Jessica til she shaves her head

Series Irulan hottest princess

The mini series Baron was so much better than that gross idiot from the movie

I can't tell if children of Dune was an improvement or decrease in quality from the first mini series. Def did not like some of the cast changes.

Dune represents everything lame about mid-century science fiction. Just let it die for god's sake

Miniseries Jessica has such a sexy voice tho

>I can't tell if children of Dune was an improvement or decrease in quality from the first mini series. Def did not like some of the cast changes.
Well cast changes aside, overall it was an improvement. General quality was much higher, especially in the basic cgi and sets. If you remember the original miniseries almost seemed like a on-stage play at times with literal old school backdrops on a very small set, and not good quality ones.

Dune film was superior in every aspect except the limitations of the format (cinema), it would have been great as a cable show.

>Dune represents everything lame about mid-century science fiction.

Develop your hypothesis

(You)

Cuz she's British? Gross

No, it's just a hot voice. Would be perfect for jerkoff instruction videos

True in the regards to production value but it seems as though the original series was more cohesive. They did a better job of explaining what was going on with the mystical aspects of the story. The plot seemed to flow better. There were gaps in Children where they didn't fully explain parts

I'm curious what your arguments for such a claim are? Tell us the tropes

>Undertones

Well in Dune they are undertones, in GoT not so much

Kill yourselves faggots

>paul ignored this for his desert spicenigger concubine

>Paul resisting his chubby boner when he walks in on 15year old sister Alia fighting against the practice machine naked and dripping with sweat

God damn it that mini series couldn't do that scene as it should have been

>I didn't understand the books

>not wanting to bang skinny hot redhead warrior chick

>tfw if they even made a modern dune they would hire arabs to play the fremen

That's how I imagined them

they are space muslims after all

Is there anyone who read the books and imagined them as white?

they should look like aryans from aghanistan/iran teebeehech

>space jihadists
>not arabs

David Lynch

kek

>Wannabe by Spice Girls starts playing

>implying he read the books

she probably smelled really bad

I WILL KILL HIM

youtube.com/watch?v=aoPKajvq3gE

Perfect

Cred Forums went crazy after that guy in the Dunkirk trailer smiled, but god damn so many of the extras in Dune did absolutely nothing and showed no investment in the events surrounding them. You can tell Lynch was inexperienced directing a large cast.

Imagine the smell of the orgies inside the Sietchs

RyRy should play her if they make a tv show

the cgi is fucking atrocious in the dune movie

i think the book might be impossible to translate into one single film.

SJWs love jihad though.

bo and dick cheese

I just want to see God Emperor of Dune, is that so much to ask?

I just figured for the Sardaukar it's nothing they hadn't seen before and the Fremen were probably too hopped up on spice to really care one way or another.

Great Baron Harkkonen though

Jihad denotes a negative thing in the west and we can't portray them as evil.

Yes because it's the future.

SPICE!

I thought it said SPICS since forever!

The book makes more sense now

He imagined a lot more weird shot than them just being white

>Baron covered in boils and cyst
>Baron gets off to killing dudes instead of fucking boys
>Baron Takes showers in goop and flies instead of assisted walking
>Baron comes off as a child like idiot that just happens to be in a position of power
>Sting homolust
>Fremen bondage still suits that don't blend into the sand since they're black so stick out like a sore thumb
>using guns instead of fighting hand to hand or even using laz guns (what was the purpose of personal shield then!?)
>weirding way is both hand to hand fighting as well as now turned into bizarre voice modulator weapon
>Paul controls the sandworms telepathically
>Paul summons rain magically

Off the top of my head

Watch that Billy and Mandy episode

In that case, Trump would the Emperor of all.

>mfw no Heretics or Chapterhouse Dune
>No super lesbians in skintight outfits who enslave men by fucking them into insanity

It's not wrong if you do. The Fremen weren't natives of Arrakis. They escaped to there. If anything, they would be people of all colors.

>water fat

Bah! Take her water for the tribe and it'd last an entire year!

Is it such a terrible fate?

Man Dune started getting really weird

>>Sting homolust

That's in the book, but the rest is true. I REALLY hate the black stillsuits. Why would you wear black in the desert?

Saint Alia of the Knife is cute.
CUTE.

Dune's weirdness started in God Emperor and peaked in Chapterhouse

then his faggot son ruined everything

God Emperor was just the right amount of weird. The timeskip and Leto being an immortal sandworm were strange but it all still felt like it belonged in the universe.

Heretics just started going off the rails.

>that feel when they'll probably make her an Asian or something in the next Dune remake

So?

the director of Children had to be a faggot. the way he devoted so much screentime to panning the camera slowly over Leto's shirtless twink torso was really weird

Don't hate on the Professor God-Emperor X Magneto!

AND HE'LL KNOW HE'LL KNOW IT IS I, BARON VLADMIR HARKONNEN, WHO ENCOMPASSES HIS DOOM

youtube.com/watch?v=yc8jjeUr6lE

He's way to old. He's supposed to be a child.

Hebert didn't give detailed physical descriptions of them, except a few individual characters. however, what detail he does give makes them seem like a mix of european and middle eastern genes. i imagined them as having a sort of generic mediterranean look with the occasional northern euro trait like red hair thrown in

I would imagine any people that have lived in the desert for thousands of years to have darker skin.

Yes but a constantly shirtless child would be even more weird.

Spice gets you so high you turn into a butterfly fish who can bend space with your mind.

c u t e
u
t
e

>tfw the most boring faction won

Fuck the Fremen, bunch of boring fanatics

Harkonnens were interesting, the Guild, Bene Gesserit, Saudukar and the Emprah, even the Atreides. Yet what you get for half the book is Paul wanking over how hardcore the Fremen are and how he has to be hardcore too.

wow are you gonna be surprised when you get some disease down the line
>what? but i ingested pills of common kitchen spices!
see how silly you sound?

the only use i have for the vitamin and supplement isle is that ginger costs less as capsules than it does getting it in the spice section

Is it wrong to assume everyone who does the 'CUTE.' thing is a 400lbs 30 year old pedo?

so because it's also used as a spice that somehow means it's bad and I'll get a disease

see how silly you sound?

Yeah I imagined them as golden-skinned with caucasian features

No, it is wrong to assume the opposite.

I do it every once in a while and I'm in decent shape

Not sure if you could call me a pedo I can appreciate young girls but they aren't my preference or anything

Dune is the original Game of Thrones

Dune, I sadly think, is not a story for our day and age.

No cunt will want to see it which hurts.

It's GoT on crack with ideas of higher evolution entrenched far deeper in perception and godly hood

>the cgi is fucking atrocious in the dune movie

its from 30 years ago nigga, we barely had computers, we didnt even have the internet

We could keep having threads like this and it might make studios that prob the site consider it

>with an intermission in the middle

how old are you even? All movies have an intermission in the middle.

Kekarooney!

>cgi

do you know what cgi stands for?

He who controls the ice controls antarctica.

>Travel mostly at night
>Always covered by clothes and suits

Not really

>I always said going into Arrakis was a mistake, but since we did we should have taken the spice.

harokonnen fags are dumb as shit lmao

>sci-fi tv series that has worse special effects than a movie from 20 years earlier...

she who controls my dick, controls the muh.

>Movie Jessica hottest Jessica til she shaves her head

She was hot even with a shaved head

>Series Irulan hottest princess

Ehh, no my man

The "DC" (Lynch disowned this cut) was my first experience of the movie when I was a kid and had no taste. I remember as a little kid, really liking the opening 20 minutes (in fact the worst part of the "DC") where the camera just panned slowly over crappy paintings, just doing exposition exposition exposition with no art or mystery, before the movie started. Lynch is nothing as an artist if not mysterious, and so it's obvious why he hated that cut so much - all the mystery is killed, given away right at the beginning.

Fun fact: Lynch's name is still attached to the theatrical, but he hated the extended version so badly that he refused to be credited for directing it. There is a long hollywood tradition that when a director for whatever reason hates a movie (or a cut of a movie, in this case) that he has in fact directed so badly that he refuses to attach his own name to it, the name of "Alan Smithee" is instead attached as a sign of the director protesting his own work, or what remains of his own work after other fingers have been in the pie, so to speak. Thus "Allan Smithee", or similar variants, has directed a lot of really bad movies over the years, including the extended version of Dune.

dayum

Tell me about Dr Yueh,

Am I right in saying he bought down House Atreides, got the Duke killed, caused thousands of Atreides troops to be killed, Dune natives as well... just for an incredibly convoluted, awkward, tenuous plan that would also require multiple coincidences in order to pull off... just to Kill the Baron because he killed his wife?

I sort of wrote it off in my head as these mega nobles have more security than we can imagine, so yueh had to have a crazy plan.

She was hottest in this scene m8

No, Yueh thought his wife was a hostage and betrayed the Atreides to get her back. His plan to kill the Baron was to give the Duke the opportunity for revenge, knowing that the Baron would walk right up to him because that's the type of villain the Baron was.

So he was still responsible for destroying the House, the deaths of thousands, the noble Duke... just for a shot of killing the Baron

Not that convoluted.

He was just following the Baron's instructions (or his mentat's instructions, whatever) on the off chance that his wife is still alive.

He also suspected she might be dead so he was prepared to kill the Baron as well in a very straightforward way.

and saving his wife*

Although he is almost 100% sure she is dead.

>words to live by

Fear is the mind-killer

>So he was still responsible for destroying the House, the deaths of thousands, the noble Duke
Yes.
>just for a shot of killing the Baron
No, that was something he tacked on as an intended last-laugh after the Baron had played him completely.

Welcome to Larrytown.

youtube.com/watch?v=WMMWwqwRggQ

Well, the Weirding Modules were the only way to really convey the hand-to-hand superiority of the Fremen.

Remember, in the book, it's some new martial art ... which means you'd have to develop one for the screen that would 1) look good, 2) be interesting/original.

Lynch just did it sideways and substituted a technology for a technical fighting skill because bringing Bruce Lee back from the dead to invent Jeet Dune Do would have been ... problematic.