Red Flags

ITT: Things that make you immediately turn something off

>post-apocalyptic

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Incredibly obvious Oscar-bait movie based on a real life person and their incredibly boring 'struggle' about overcoming adversity or 'making it' in a world or industry they aren't supposed to make it in.

>cussing just for the sake of cussing "let's make this appealing to youths xDD"

Diane Keaton

this tbqh

Literally every film with a black protagonist for the last decade.

this, although if it stars an actors I really love I'll still watch it

Fuck you OP

>minorities and women are the good guys / allies of the main characters, compassionate people just trying to make it in an unjust world
>bad guys are rich white male sociopaths

Into the trash it goes

Adding to this
>movie has a message of embracing who you are and not letting anyone change you
That's called Stagnation you unbelievable faggots

I open up tvtropes.org/ and watch for any tropes the movie might have. The instant a trope pops up I delete the movie.

Tropes Are Tools

I unironically like the website even though the forums are cancer

Any time a movie or show starts the M-MUH BRAVE TROOPS dicksucking

>Reference to anything outside and boundaries of the universe of the movie or tv show

It makes it dated. When it's about current things, it usually wants to get a "hey, i know that! I get that reference! It's topical, therefore it's funny!" reaction out of the viewer, but if you watch it even a year later it will feel like a complete void.

and white

hello contrarian redditor

>being so ignorant about pop culture that shit likes this bothers you
If you've seen enough movies and shows from the period it was released there shouldn't be a problem. I can watch movies from the 30's and get the references because I've seen other movies made around that time and looked it up at some point. If you can't deal with context you shouldn't be watching movies in the first place

Also I fucking hate the term "dated" it's such a meaningless, vapid criticism used by faggots

>character has multiple personalities
>Brazil-style satire done by exaggerating what your criticizing to the point of being impossible to argue against
I turned off The Double in less than 5 minutes is what I'm saying

>blatantly coping Antonioni's aesthetic at it's most basic while adding none of your own, i.e just let the camera run for 40 seconds after the point of the show has ended for every shot you do

>movie tries to have any moral superiority on violence while totally indulging in it at the same time. 90% of gangster and revenge movies

>Stoner ((((Comedy))))

only good one is Grandma's Boy desu

Yea i know, but just because a word is used by faggots it still has a meaning. The later generations can't appreciate some parts of the movie or tv show because they are not familiar enough with the time it was made in, and these movies and shows lose value over time. That's what "dated" means.

>If you can't deal with context you shouldn't be watching movies in the first place.

If the context is interesting enough, obviously i can deal with it and i care about it. I'm sure that in the thirties movies weren't referring to the latest trends and fads.

But that's not my only problem. It makes the experience of watching something a lot worse, because you will be thinking about the thing it referred to instead of the actual movie or tv show. It ruins the immersion.

>Starring: Ray Liotta

>Scifi

The only movie, and i mean only that's worth watching of these types of movies is The Pursuit of Happyness, legit kino that

black female boss

smiling blacks in sweater vests with full happy families

>Yea i know, but just because a word is used by faggots it still has a meaning. The later generations can't appreciate some parts of the movie or tv show because they are not familiar enough with the time it was made in, and these movies and shows lose value over time. That's what "dated" means.
True, but when someone complains that a movie is "dated" or "hasn't aged well" that's a big red flag, they might as well be screaming "I'm a hopeless plebeian!" from the top of their lungs. It makes it painfully obvious that they haven't seen many movies or shows from the period

We live in the internet age. If there is anything you don't understand you can fucking look it up in 10 seconds and voila, the movie/show becomes less "dated"

>If the context is interesting enough, obviously i can deal with it and i care about it. I'm sure that in the thirties movies weren't referring to the latest trends and fads
It isn't common, but occasionally there is a reference to trends and fads and I have to look it up, sometimes to understand what is going on, other times just out of curiosity.

>But that's not my only problem. It makes the experience of watching something a lot worse, because you will be thinking about the thing it referred to instead of the actual movie or tv show. It ruins the immersion.
When it comes to older stuff, it actually increases my interest. I like finding out more about the time period which then increases my appreciation for the movie and other movies made around that time. I can understand how someone who doesn't give a single fuck about history/culture might not see it that way though