youtube.com/watch?v=miVRaoR_8xQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UClOAFDBOeZL9I-O3bApZqoA/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=3S2zsCaOOmE
youtube.com/watch?v=ghHgrjT_Hfk
youtube.com/watch?v=ze4jXFFB05g
youtube.com/watch?v=KseqzmcqQBQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm so glad we have ANOTHER thread about this up right now.

How could he get away with naming the jew in here?

(YOU)

STOP SHILLING

fucking christ its not that funny

other discussion thread reached bump limit retard

There are at least four that haven't, you blind faggot.

45 minutes in and not even a mention of episode 7 yet.

what the fuck is this trash

>all on page 10

gjge

almost none of this is about tfa

im enjoying it but they should have called it bitching about prequel apologists

the TFA review comes at the end, it's about 50 minutes long

I see four different ones on pages 5,7, 2, and 3, you nigger.

ok im 45 mins in and its just him bitching about buzzfeed

founded but low hanging fruit

best part was the Gay collage

He probably had a lot of pent up anger about all this ridiculous hype and commentary on the prequels but couldn't justify doing a video for it on its own so he just combined it with his TFA video. You could basically cut out the first 50 minutes of the video and it would be a pretty good TFA review.

It would have been had he actually said anything substantial about TFA.

Bamp

this is actually pretty good once he shut the fuck up about the prequels

>the part where he makes fun of every hack fraud who's copied his ideas
>"The Movie Blob"
>"Your Movie Sucks My Dick"

FUCKING AMAZING

How critical is he if it? Not gonna watch if he is as praiseworthy as the Star Trek one

You wouldn't like it because literally the first hour of the review is shitting on contrarian pseudointellectual prequelbabbies

>Mr. Plinkett's The Star Wars Awakens Review
>not The Force Awakens Review
Mike outfoxes Cred Forums once again, how does it feel to get btfo so often?

He barely talks about TFA. It is a soft Plinkett reboot where he meanders talking points from the prequel reviews and glosses over TFA. That's fine; this is all just a setup for the next series of Plinkett reviews in the new expanded universe and he just had to play it safe and rely on nostalgia.

He did have some legitimate complaints but yeah it felt phoned in compared to the prequel rants. Ultimately the TFA review did not feel like something that needed to be said. Overall it seems like the movie was good enough that it didn't seriously piss him off the way the prequels did so there's no impetus for the video to be made. Which I guess is why he spent the first 50 minutes critiquing the Disney buy-out and the manufactured hype for the prequels. That actually did feel genuine.

prequels were terrible

TFA was mostly good

this nigger serious?

>didn't use ANY of the footage of Mark Hamill shitting on the movie

weak

Did you miss the thousand times he discussed this before this review.

In ghostbuster he said 3 times that TFA was a near perfect example of a good soft reboot.

what? source?

I want to see Plinkett's version of TFA that he described about an hour into the video. That sounded pretty cool.

>called out Your Movie Sucks Horse Cock, Reddit Knows, BREAKING ZOD'S NECKMANN and MovieBlob
>not razorfist despite directly shit talking the plinkett reviews, defending george and the prequels for being original and calling anyone who argrees with the reviews sheep

Cred Forums incarnate BTFO

youtube.com/channel/UClOAFDBOeZL9I-O3bApZqoA/videos

yes because I'm not some RLM fanboy

>not "Your Movie Suck Dog Dick And So Do I"

Don't mention yms here. You will bring the bestiality spam autists.

>Devote most of your review to an obscure theory about the prequels no one ever heard of or cared about.

JUST

I pretty much agree with everything he says. TFA was a decent movie which was heavily bogged down by safe corporate choices. It was still more entertaining than the prequels. The cliches and fan service can be redeemed if the later episodes take it in a new but thematically satisfying direction, like Rey turning to the Dark Side as Plinkett suggests. If 8 and 9 are literally just Mary Sue and her 2 gay best friends defeating the evil white males, then TFA will be retroactively made into a piece of shit instead of the flawed yet forgivable soft reboot it is right now.

> an alcaholic scotsman who's in charge of your engine that's basically a giant bomb

I don't understand. Of course he's going to examine the circumstances leading to, and surrounding EP7. What did you lot expect? He did the same exact thing with the prequels but instead spliced information throughout instead of front loading it like this.

Is the ring theory segment the Jar Jar Binks of Plinkett?

It was only like a fourth of his review. It did drag, but I think he wanted to make sure nobody said he half assed his reading of it or something. He was clearly more invested in that part of the video than the TFA review though.

WILL YOU SHUT UP ABOUT STAR TREK ALREADY!?

prequelcucks brought up the ring theory a lot during the coming months of TFA's release

I get it user. I ain't laughin but I get it.

Did Mike just shit out a rough draft a week before making this review and call it a day?

> hugs are so much fun

What if Star Wars was never good?

Commentary tracks for every episode of TNG (and every episode of every other series after that) WHEN

I think is industry criticism and Lucas hubris shit was the meat of the review. TFA is sort of just the spawn of that relationship.

Taking it seriously at all is retarded. He could have lumped it with other dumb shit like Jar Jar is really a Sith and such, shown a complicated graph, and played the poetry it rhymes.mp3 and had twice as many keks in a fraction of the time

> literally shitting on JJ and Lucas

it was pretty good now that i finished it but maybe 45 - 50 minutes was a bit too long to go on about ring theory

Razorfist is a fucking nobody.
He might as well call out the autistic colo claw fish guy.

Yeah but he didn't get where is now by being dismissive. He got there by being meticulous in breaking shit down. I think he played it too safe though, he could have stood to be a lot more critical of it.

I may be in the minority, but I was really hoping they endured the criticism and waited until the three movies were out to do the reviews.

The Prequels reviews were greatly improved by having the three movies in hindsight.

Who is this? I want to fuck her

>Wants to fuck the hot chocolate.

Oh, Cred Forums, never change.

What if the Plinkett review was never good?

Wow.

What a disappointment.

The best days of RLM are over.

This reminds me of something...

I was just at this moment
>a black guy who doesn't want to shoot his gun?
>now this really is science fiction
I'm out of breath

Mike may very well be dead from alcohol poisoning before all three come out.

Don't worry he fixes it with

"Black men need to breed white qts or I ain't watching it"

I'm paraphrasing but thats basically what he said

The juxtaposing of Milwaukee and scenes of rioting is equally golden.

time?

What was even the point of shitting on prequels for the 34092583576489068390379070th time? We get it, retard. Took him 40 minutes to even start mentioning Force Awakens.

>The juxtaposing of Milwaukee and scenes of rioting is equally golden.

He didn't put any pics of the riots in there

1:23:45

>Unironically saying diversity is great
>There wasn't enough gay sex or white woman/black man romance

Because prequel apologists started showing up

I think he was in a kind of shock during the prequels. Like he kept hoping the next one would be better and redeem them. And it was only after all 3 shitty movies were out that the terrible reality sunk in and his obsession with their shittiness began to mount.

Now though he's too jaded.

>almost 2 hours and no mention of Rey being a Maria Swedish

This pleases me.

Then maybe you shouldn't be POSTING HEEEREEE

How long until Mike realizes the MCU/Disney storyline formula actually results in godawful, boring stories? He criticized in in the review, but in everything else he always praises the flicks. What about the formula blinds people like this?

Jesus christ what the hell is all this bullshit about ring theory? Why is he re-reviewing the prequels? What a bunch of filler.

he does a pretty good job debunking ring theory but he could have done it in a fraction of the time.

>10 last minutes dedicated to why people didn't fuck
huh...

Do you newfags not actually realize that he and the rest of RLM are moderate and compared to this website pretty liberal socially?

>1h 23m 34s

Diversity and romance are not mutually exclusive. These two just happen to be black and white and Disney was too risk-adversed to include romance.

>53m 15s

Sherman and Auer was the epicenter of the 2016 Milwaukee riots.

the problem he states with the formula is that they're just making the same movie over and over again and it's boring.

That doesn't mean the movie they're making over and over again is bad, it's just boring to see it over and over again.

>millennials millennials millennials millennials millennials millennials millennials millennials millennials
Is this mid-life crisis?

I think at this point he's trying to outdo himself on how long they are. They got longer every time and this is 15 minutes longer than episode III

Mike is very adamant on this whole "Star Wars is about and needs sex" thing damn

youtube.com/watch?v=3S2zsCaOOmE
youtube.com/watch?v=ghHgrjT_Hfk
youtube.com/watch?v=ze4jXFFB05g

>he wasn't here back when Cred Forums reviosionists were pretending that the prequels weren't garbage

He is making sure that the prequels remain dead and buried.

God bless his soul.

WHATS GAY DOGFUCKER DOING IN THE RLM-ZONE!?

Half in the Bag is not a critical analysis of film, it's a discussion of how enjoyable a movie is to watch, Mike enjoys watching schlok and the mcu formula builds a lot of really shallow, but enjoyable-at-the-time experiences on a production line. There's really nothing to get mad at about them, you might as well be annoyed that people used to watch Pro-Wrestling or that people buy mass produced games like Assassins Creed.

It's an unavoidable fact of life that people go for what's safe.

So I finished it
>50 minutes of things he said already about the movie industry and fan boys
>some more how he feels about disney
>20 minutes about the actual movie
The flaws about the humor and asexualisation of the characters are very true, but it was far from being the major problems of this boring souless movie.

That is the same thing. You are also blind to it.
>this movie is trash but the storyline is simple enough that it is internally consistent I guess

>Sherman and Auer was the epicenter of the 2016 Milwaukee riots

I meant in reference to the race joke

>Cred Forums reviosionists were pretending that the prequels weren't garbage
I thought that was just shitposting.

All of us will get there at some point, assuming we haven't killed ourselves.

Best part of the video

Did you not hear Mike say "Your Movie Sucks My Dick?"

>he doesn't know that Cred Forums literally has to be contrarian about everything or there will be a mass suicide

it was shitposting, but it was still real.

You mean poking fun of blacks rioting in a town that you're living in is not a race joke?

Mike is a millennial himself, isn't he? He was around 18 at the turn of the century.

The only one blind here is you, I didn't say anything about what I thought about the movies.

It's real and it's real shitty

why do you think it's contrarian and not just different people who have differing views?

I think I understand why this plinkett guy has emotionally tied issues with the prequels and we can see the process with TFA. It's post purschasing rationalization and he won't recognize until hindsight after the story arch is done

How could you have been waiting for this garbage when you know they liked the movie? You all are sloppy faggots. Go pay your patreon

>asexualisation of the characters

That was literally the least important aspect he could have picked to complain about.

How can Mr. Plinkett be drinking Dan Aykroyd's Crystal Skull vodka when per HITB it was all consumed by Mike? What a plot hole! The RLM cinematic universe is a slapped together piece of trash!

What's the appeal of this shit

:^)

>That doesn't mean the movie they're making over and over again is bad, it's just boring to see it over and over again.
>That doesn't mean the movie they're making over and over again is bad, it's just boring to see it over and over again.

auts

A light one

No reference of race, 2 sec joke, quickly moves on

Nothing major

>gives examples about movies that aged like milk
>mentions goonies

what
the
fuck

lost all credibility there. what a fucking idiot. mr plinkett's pleb awakens.

if you remember 9/11 you aren't a millennial

None anymore. It is dead. Just like when the prequels ruined Star Wars. Potpourri.

Well it surely needed to be said in my opinion, but I can't fathom how he could pick up this small detail and miss the obvious about Rey being a marysue character, Finn being schizophrenic or Poe being autistically tone deaf.

i like that they shit on capefilth

Technically. But the common consensus now is that it refers to those born around 1990 and spent their youth in the 2000s. Mike's straddled between late-Gen X and early-Gen Y.

Yes you are.

>Well it surely needed to be said in my opinion

Not really, the lack of a cliche romantic subplot is the least of TFA's problems.

?
And?

Scene would work even better if there was a straight up antisemite alien prototype somewhere in the scene instead of a blackface uncle tom's wife type momma character

There are actually two Mr. Plinketts

The Mr. Plinkett in the PR's is actually Mike from the future who has assumed the identity of the real Mr. Plinkett and gone insane after spending so long in his house of horrors fixing his vcr(s) with jay.

This is a good rule of thumb 2bh

It's one of the reason of why none of the characters feel real.

severe lack of girls tied up in this review

>Mike uses Windows 7

Is he a patrician?

woah

He didn't rip it apart like the prequels because TFA is simply a better movie in every conceivable way. There just isn't as much material for 2 hours of nitpicking because no one but lucas could provide that. Deal with it, prequelfags.

>Born 1978
>Millennial
When will this shit end? I feel like before too long the definition will be "were you alive on January 1, 2000? Then you're a millennial!"

Just because ep1 plinkett became a meme he had to do more star wars. Star Wars is fucking gay.

Matrix sequels Plinkett when?

>VLC

no

Tacking it on would have made them feel even more derivative because it's expected.

>current year of our lord 2016
>still using windows

install gentoo

or *buntu

>Millennials (also known as Generation Y) are the demographic cohort following Generation X. There are no precise dates for when this cohort starts or ends; demographers and researchers typically use starting birth years ranging from the late 1970s to early 1980s
would you look at that

>b. 1978
>Millennial

Just like TFA the review was very much in the middle of the row and didn't really add much to the subject matter.

There wasn't enough to complain about so it makes sense he had to pad the time.

That aside the downright sterility of force awakens does bother me, hugely so. He nailed that point home and I hope they do something about it.

>demographers and researchers
Also known as HACK FRAUDS. Clearly people born in 1978, 1988, and 1998 should all be grouped together! What a quality theory! Who wrote this, George Lucas?

>Steam

This is not Mike's computer
He doesn't play video games

That sounds fucking perfect. Hate the prequels, mildly dislike TFA. Will enjoy.

how about we just stop grouping people together

except baby boomers, because they're all the same greedy pieces of sociopathic trash

I saw Winona Ryder described as a "pre-millennial" in an article a couple of days ago, so I guess Gen X is being marginalized from both directions now.

I don't need a cartoon with a retarded voice to tell Force Awakens is a pile of shit.

that clip about lucas complaining about big film corporations not wanting to take risk was spot on.

the no sex thing in 7 is kinda strange now that he mentions it.

i've always used that as the cutoff for millenials, ie whatever the fuck the next gen after millenials are called, they weren't really aware of 9/11 or weren't even born when it was happening. i was in 5th grade when 9/11 happened and i can remember the fallout it caused and how the world changed after it happened.

The Force Awaken is shit

-Penny theater actors
-None of the actual actors care
-Plot is just a boring rehash except corporatized
-Casting was corporatized
-completely pointless characters or annoying characters

It's so bland for the sake of mass appeal that given the series you cannot mark it as a decent movie.

It ranks with Episode 3 just due to how hacked and pasted it is

> The whole ring theory shit

Are prequel babbies so desperate to validate Lucas's brain hemmoraging?

Millenial refers to the people who were the biggest/most important demographic as the millennium turned

i.e. people who were in their 20's at the time but are now in their 30's or 40's

it DOESN'T mean people who were born or grew up as the millennium turned, I don't why but Cred Forums and the internet in general has tried to co-opt this term to refer to people who are currently in their 20's, presumably because they've been told by mass media that millennials are complete shit and are subconsciously associating themselves with that in some kind of victim complex.

Moral of the story is Lucas sold out to the kikes that own Disney

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

What? The media clearly portrays millennials as 20 somethings today. There's literally a new sitcom with the premise of a guy in his late 30s/40s baffled by his millennial employees.

>sociologist coin a word to describe a generation of people born in the late 70s
>garbage journalist start using the word to describe exclusively people borned at the end of this generation
>like a good like sheep you follow
So you never used the word "boomers", aka people born between 45 and 64? You know, 20 years appart?

milennials are 18 to 34 year olds you nimrod

What a glorious life, He can shit on Disney and Abrams all day long because its impossible for them to fire him because he's clearly a major part of the next film.

No, but some blogger is desperate to validate their doctorate in Literature.

>sociologist
AKA FRAUD SOFT SCIENCE BULLSHIT.

>So you never used the word "boomers"
Fun word for a type of sub.

>, aka people born between 45 and 64? You know, 20 years appart?
No, because entire concept of "generation" is made up bullshit again from "soft science' nonsense!

really makes you think

I don't watch reviews almost as long as the movies.

Those aren't millenials

those are the next generation after millenials, though actually your post has helped me divine the reason for this stupidity.

millenials are trying to shift the "millenials are shit" mantle to non-millenials before anyone realises.

Well played.

It's the same bottle, but it contains cerosin instead of vodka.

You're stupid and insecure.

>youtube.com/channel/UClOAFDBOeZL9I-O3bApZqoA/videos

millennial detected

which one was your favorite?

i counted 15, i didnt know there were that many prominent youtube channels

So Mark said he was gonna lay down on the floor.. he actually did it the absolute madman
hahahahahahahaha!

Me too senpai.

Never listened to Mark Hamill talk before, didn't realize how joker-like he is. I can see why they force him to do the Joker voice.

So in summary, he's butthurt he wasn't in the movie more. So what?

OK now I'm confused about Finn.

At first glance his line about "do you have a boyfriend" makes it sound like he's checking to see if he has a chance with Rey. But then adding "a cute boyfriend" makes it sound like he wants to be Rey's gay best friend and would be more interested in Poe's thermal exhaust port. Which is it?

Who else /disappointed/ here?

>He wants to see Rey get that bbc
He really did sellout to reddit

>So you never used the word "boomers", aka people born between 45 and 64?
1955 is the cutoff for the baby boom.

> Spend a decade studying Literature with the finest resources around for advancing your knowledge.
> Make a fucking thesis on Star Wars

Just watched the video. What was with the whole long preamble before he started talking about TFA? Not that any of that stuff wasn't worth mentioning, context is great, but it all seemed twice as long as it needed to be, he seemed to be literally repeating himself when he was dissecting the articles reevaluating the prequels. The whole thing could have been much more concise.

Also I'm surprised he didn't bring up the Rey being a Mary Sue thing, especially since his fuckbuddy Max Landis was so vocal about that. No mention of her bad acting either, it's been a while since I saw the movie, it stood out hard even in the short clips he used.

And his proposed plot for what TFA should have been was kinda messy. It would have been great to see Luke and Han together though.

In all it just feels like he made this because he felt obligated to, and he made it stupidly long to make it seem like he had a lot to say when he was mostly just filibustering.

25 minutes in and I can't tell if I enjoy this autism or not. I really don't care about ring theory.

do yourself a favor and jump to 1:10

>in summary
Nice try but no, he doesn't even mention his inclusion in the first video.

Because shes not. Thats an old meme

>1955 is the cutoff for the baby boom.
No.

Star Wars IIIV is going to be about the interracial breeding tree

I just put it down to bad writing.

Repeat the joke again with slight varitation to make sure the audience gets it.

>except baby boomers, because they're all the same greedy pieces of sociopathic trash

Boomers AREN'T greedy sociopaths?

Isn't it the consensus opinion on planet Earth that boomers are the definition of greedy sociopaths? Didn't they even make movies and write books bragging about it?

WHAT

also mike strikes me like some guy who browses /x/.

i bet he acutally belives in everything up to flat earth

Yes

DEEPEST LORE

Realistically they probably shot that scene with the vodka around the time of the Ghostbusters review.

I should add, I don't want to sound too negative, I'm glad to see a new Plinkett review. I'd like to see him review something else, though.

Also I'm glad he stopped just talking over that cartoon of Plinkett's face, that always seemed odd to me.

The first hour is shitting over every milimetre of the prequels and calling out retards who believe their any good.

If its another 10 minutes of just listing scenes that line up I may have to.

But the reason he's trashing it is because he's butthurt he wasn't in the movie more.

>Also I'm surprised he didn't bring up the Rey being a Mary Sue thing

Probably because she's not a Mary Sue.

I thought "cute boyfriend" was an ad lib that made its way through

Mocking millenials for 50 minutes isn't ''circumstances leading to ep7'', that's something he could have done in a separate video in his Mr Scientist persona. Not to mention it's obvious to anyone that it's all dumb clickbait, don't need 50 minutes of explanation to know that.

A-am I the only one who liked the ring theory part? I thought it was pretty interesting as a segment since it fit into the whole pottery thing.

He still could have brought it up to respond to it since it's such a common statement.

is it just me or was this way worse than the other star wars reviews? especially the first two thirds that were more about the fandom. he completely overused that sarcastic retard voice for quoting the articles, it wasn't remotely funny anymore after he used it for 15 minutes

>It was only like a fourth of his review
You mean one half.

It could have been saved with better editing and writing.

>weird rant about diversity that is supportive of it but also butthurt that it's forced

why even risking a shitstorm with such a milquetoast perspective

Who is this a parody of?

Is it? I really only hear that shit here.

but this shit lasted longer than the actual movie review, during which he didn't really have that much to say beyond "it ripped off episode IV, but was good overall"

Finn's mannerisms really don't make much sense with the information we have in TFA.

Just you. You probably are so oversaturated with immediate gratification where nothing satisfies or pleases you anymore.

Yeah, but it's a fringe theory that is not widely known let alone respected, so it should have been raised and dismissed in a few minutes. Throughout the whole thing I was wondering, "Why is he talking about this nonsense no one cares about instead of the actual movie?"

It is literally just you. Cred Forums hasn't been sharing that exact sentiment for the last several hundreds posts.

they always were there and they won't change their mind no matter how much you prove to them otherwise, it's pointless, especially dedicating 50 minutes to them.

Too long, tediously covers old ground, uninspired and not a single truly funny thing in it.

I've listened to every other Plinkett multiple times probably.

I won't do that with this one.

This isnt mike

What's your argument for that? Has Cred Forums flip flopped on this matter just because people started pointing it out so much? I didn't know it was possible to be this contrarian.

The problems in arguing about it seem to come down to the fact that Luke had some Mary Sue qualities himself. But that doesn't mean the whole argument is completely nullified. Everything is so easy for Rey it's fucking laughable.

>Praise the diversity for not feeling forced like some things feel (with an on screen image of one of those forced university ads with every minority group represented)
>Directly state the diversity feels like a university ad

What did Mike mean by this?

Pretty sure it's just a Mike pun

Not really.

It's not though, we knew Mike sucked this movie's dick since it came out and dodged mentioning plotholes in the half in the bag video like how the fuck is Rey better than Kylo at lightsaber-ing.

It really sounds more like he is just shitting on Hollywood and Disney.

He has no arguments, only waifus.

>shilling jewtube this much

literal cancer

Right here

>adbucted mindraped child slave soldier
>wacky awkward humor of an average urban western man
JJ did it again!

>like how the fuck is Rey better than Kylo at lightsaber-ing.

If you watch the movie and aren't a complete fucking idiot you know the answer to this

Thought it was weird that he referenced but didn't actually talk about Chewie and Leia not even acknowledge Han's death to each other.

millenials are anyone born in 1980 or later.

You're new here, are you?

Yeah really.

Why does diversity trigger some of you faggots so much?
>you can count on your left hand how many non white leads are in film
>you literally need a calculator for how many are white
>"waaahhhh hes a black"

All you fucks do is complain

mike definitely posts on pol tbqh

he probably has gigs upon gigs of merchant man images

I Am A Millennial, Ask Me Anything

This review summarized:
youtube.com/watch?v=KseqzmcqQBQ

Why the fuck did he at least not change it to the Windows 95 theme.

There isn't much to say about it, even JJ said he fucked that up

Not a plot-hole, it's because she is a literally perfect QT woman.

I loved it.

i think they mean the "tail-end" millenials

or maybe he doesn't share that fact because then people will start bothering him about it like it happens with Rich and the bald guy, who look dead inside in prerec.

Until when? Are millenials still being born? Will there come a time when the whole world consists of millenials?

Is this one supposed to Nostalgia Critic?

You are new to sarcasm, arent you?

oh... that's actually almost funny.

What would happen if Henry Zebrowski was a guest on BOTW?

He has 2 contrary opinions on it within 5 minutes.

>>Cred Forums reviosionists were pretending that the prequels weren't garbage
>I thought that was just shitposting

It was for the first month. And it was funny. But now this board is nothing but people who unironically believe Episode II is some sort of sci-fi masterpiece

Those who pretend to be fools will soon find themselves surrounded by genuine fools who believe they're in good company

How's university now its considered "a life experience" instead of somewhere to learn?

Mike is borderline computer-illiterate.

He also refuses to upgrade from Final Cut Pro 7.

That's why RLM videos look so shitty in HD.

Why do ppl think you are lazy when you comprise the largest currently working labor force and the largest producer of human capital in the US?

Because Ring Theory is a good symbolic stand in for [prequel apologists]

remember that the plinkett reviews were not just about the films but the context of the films. They were insightful because they talked about the behind the scenes stuff and what the fans were expecting and so on.

In the modern age, prequel apologism, especially in relation to TFA is a big thing and Star Wars Ring Theory is a good way to highlight how dumb the whole thing is. There are innumerable theories to try and explain bits of the prequels but the larger point Mike is making is that they're all irrelevant because

a) they're wrong
b) they're not in the movie
c) even if they are in the movies the movies still suck.

there wasn't enough degenerate plinkett humor in this

what ever happened to that big titty girl he had tied up in his basement

>the #1 most used video platform needs shilling
go cuck yourself

My theory about this is that Carrie Fisher was so awful that it would have been pointless. He didn't even talk about her because there was nothing to talk about. Everything about her performance in TFA was embarrassing and sad.

Drags on way too long about more shit about the prequels, nowhere NEAR enough Plinkett scenes (and the ones that are there aren't as funny as the old ones), he struggles to even review TFA so he just goes for similarities to the original prequel and pointing out dumb things like ''no romance''.

Pretty bad.

Complete bullshit, especially since he's more iconic with people as the Joker. He doesn't care about fame. He cares that his role was a glorified cameo.

You should post the other videos where he fucks with Kathleen Kennedy.

THIS

>Attempts to cover his ass.

Yeah, you do that.

I'd glad they pointed out how weird and pointless Finn's character is. Like they give him the backstory of a child soldier turned deserter, which is a pretty fucking serious thing, but then use him as the slap stick comic relief? He's also completely normal and well adjusted despite his life being raised by basically this weirdo cult. They should have either stuck with the backstory and made him a more serious and important character, or changed the backstory to something like "he was press ganged as an adult into the First Order cause they needed a billion people to run their giant space station and was only with them for a few years, but he was a trouble maker so first they made him into a janitor, and then said fuck it and send him in on the first wave of an assault as cannon fodder to get rid of him."

A similar problem exists with Rey. Like she's a Luke clown of this naive down on their luck desert dweller who gets to go an adventure. But while Luke was basically a normal person, just in a shit hick farmboy situation, Rey had a legit horrific life that had to be filled with abuse, fear, and near starvation. And yet she's well adjusted too. They should have either made her life less horrible, or made her character actually reflect her situation by having a jaded and cynical side that Luke lacked.

>wikipedia

Didn't the big fat one rape her?

>Jay is frozen in utter shock at how awful the review is, internally he regrets not challenging Mike more

kek, if thats what you need to tell yourself

Is Mike's The Star Wars Awakens Review his own The Force Awakens?

>Soft Reboot of Plinkett Reviews for new RLM audience that started watching after Rich Evans became a meme
>Rehahes prequel bashing points to familiarize new viewers
>Gives us things we are familiar with like "Worst thing since my son, poop, etc."
>TFA review doesn't have the punch or originality of his Phantom Menace one
>RLM is corporate now and brings in over $1,000,000 a year in revenue along through Patreon, youtube CPM, merch they sell on their website, Space Cop Blu-rays, work-for hire stuff, and Scream Factory Sponsorships.

this is really boring and shitty, as BB King put it, the thrill is gone

>trigger
Where exactly in my post am I "triggered"? I'm asking why the review literally contradicts itself.

That's just what a fucking skelly would say.

Its probably my second favorite one.

>He cares that his role was a glorified cameo.
Exactly.

Why did he make it so long and BORING?

mike doesn't want to trigger his reddit patronies. That's why he wanted there to be a BLACKED scene.

He is just a libshit parroting buzzwords that have been used to make fun of him.

he touched on it a bit, but the gwendeline christie thing is just as bad as those two characters

so they hire brienne-the-untouchable-beast-tank from GoT to play this big ""badass"" high rank storm trooper, and she... doesn't really do anything....

i think they only wanted her to increase the diversity of the cast and be able to say "we had a female stormtrooper!"

I am prepared to answer any question.

Nah that was the shittiest part about his AotC review.

The fact that you didn't even bother answering and went for the typical ''uuuh just watch the movie duh!'' shows that you're full of shit.

Sorry bud, mild implications aren't answers, especially since Kylo has been training his whole life whereas even with the theory that maybe Luke trained her, he left her when she was a toddler and has since been a child slave in a desert shithole. The battle itself was dumb too, particularly the part where she has some sort of enlightment that lasts like 30 seconds while Kylo just stares like a retard when he could have chopped her.

>In the modern age, prequel apologism, especially in relation to TFA is a big thing and Star Wars Ring Theory is a good way to highlight how dumb the whole thing is. There are innumerable theories to try and explain bits of the prequels but the larger point Mike is making is that they're all irrelevant

Yeah, sure, but that's so obvious it's not worth discussing, and spending so much time on it implies it's a theory that deserves analysis. It's crackpot nonsense that could have been brushed off much more succinctly.

I quite liked the comparisons of the senate stuff in eps II and III to the Bush administration. I'm ashamed to say I never picked up on that.

this, i also get the feeling if you line this review up with his ep1 one, it will "ring theory" with it. You can tell the ring theory guy really got under mikes skin for daring to suggest the prequels were good (its likely the reason for mike's increased alcoholism in other RLM shows) and now he's going to put him in the ground by showing his own ring.

fucking spooky fag

would you say you are far too patrician for that pleb humor?

Its a 2 hour review and you focus on "muh diversity" meme

He was talking about it because it informs the idea that despite being pieces of shit, George's prequels were inspired by some measure of artistry and creativity, however lazy and poorly implemented. This is the perfect contrast to Disney's VII, which is an extensively researched, meticulously crafted corporate product of exceeding quality, minimal risk, and zero original thought.

In a sense, it's a refutation of his previous assertion that George was motivated by money when making the prequels. It's clear now that the prequels were made with good intentions, and that comes through with how much people WANT to like them.

Is that an uncut cock?

Did Mike search for clip art of an uncut cock to make that fake logo?

Why did Mike do this?

But he made racist jokes, even mentioning them in a non serious manner is enough to make college students ban you from attending their institution and making speeches.

Yes, I am that boogeyman. Yup.

only uncut cocks get dirty and diseased enough for smegma to form.

Influencial Boomer cunts who can't die quick enough

>you are not allowed to mention this one aspect else you must have agenda
You sure are sensitive.

does he shit on the movie
i want to have my opinion be parroted to me so i need to know

That's right goy

>almost half of the review is based on BTFO out of that dumbass Ring theory

mike is now a confirmed racist

what a glorious day to be alive

That wasn't the first post I made friendo, in this thread or the previous ones. I make small posts about one topic at a time. And nothing I said was a "meme" I directly quoted two things in the review and pointed out they contradicted. You have completely failed to address my actual points so I will stop replying to your troll posts.

The review should have been split into 2 videos:

1.Talking about modern star wars and reviews.
2. A review of the movie itself.

Please explain to me how you dont think ppl would assume you have an agenda then

mike and whoever wrote that theory probably got into some huge argument and the guy pissed mike off so much that he decided to make a plinkett review just to specifically shit on him

Well duh, everyone knows that.

Ok, so you don't pass the complete idiot hurdle.

She's establish as someone who has fended for herself since childhood, and can fight. She's a Force prodigy. She fights him after Kylo has been gutshot by what is repeatedly established as a super fucking powerful gun that slays the shit out of people, and he's then further softened by Finn before she takes him on.

Kylo in return is never establish as any kind of remarkable fighter. He's an overly emotional, tantrum throwing young guy who is wielding a lightsaber because he wants to be grandpa.

No, they don't need to narrate all of this shit to you, dumbass.

should I watch TFA before watching this review?

you already watched TFA user, its called Star Wars: A New Hope

Probably should watch something independent of what people feel before you watch an analysis of that material...yes.

Wow this was awful. They cant pull off their old stick no more. mass suicide of rlm soon?

I wish he had expanded a bit on the Star Trek 2009 comparison (yeah I know he mentioned Trek in general 50 times, but this one specifically) about how everyone accepted that as a play it safe setup to re-establish the series with the expectation they'd try something new, but then we got fucking Into Darkness. I find it very unlikely that after TFA was such a massive financial success that Disney is going to turn around and say "now we will takes risks" and much more likely they just try and do a sequel this time borrowing heavily from Empire.

You should, if only to witness her majesty.

Agreed. I wish RLM would have only spent, say, ten minutes on the prequel apologist shit and the rest of the time dissecting TFA.

Who's the guy playing as JJ?

Yes.

If only to make up your own mind first. Besides TFA isn't completely awful, so you may end up enjoying yourself.

I think his prequel reviews are funny, but I think he's completely off base here. Ignoring the face 2/3s of the video was just beating a dead horse with more prequel/lucas bashing, he basically glosses over TFA and its issues. It's clear he is incapable of being objective

Also this review wasn't even that funny, so even from just a comedic standpoint the review failed

> for herself since childhood, and can fight
That doesn't make you skilled with a lightsaber, more than someone who's been training his whole life.
>She's a Force prodigy
Also not an excuse, see: Luke getting his shit kicked in episode 5.
>She fights him after Kylo has been gutshot by what is repeatedly established as a super fucking powerful gun that slays the shit out of people
And still curbstomped Finn who's way more military trained than Rey.

Nice try bub, all you did was spout crappy excuses that wouldn't convince anyone but fanboys. She's a mary sue because she does things that not even Luke managed to do despite being a force prodigy. That kind of shit makes her unlikeable and unconvincing, she's boring as hell.

The only thing I liked about the prequels were that Clone Wars show. The first season of it is terrible, though.

NEW THREAD

Not really, in fact I think he kinda likes it. His biggest complaint was that there was too much stuff from the Original Trilogy in it and not enough new stuff.

Yeah, I get that and I actually agree wiht the general idea that Lucas was trying to create a thoughtful, artistic narrative whereas Disney uses focus group mentality.

But Mike's point is that the "ring" theory is a huge stretch, misreading similarities between the films as a premeditated, intricate narrative structure.

All I'm saying is that it's a ludicrous theory that can debunked as quickly as the YouTube video claiming that Back to the Future forewarned about 9-11.

plus discount coupons for software license fees

Because it's just one aspect of the movie that Mike talked about for a long while and it's perfectly acceptable to mention it.

If anything you're the one that seems to have an agenda, why else would you be bothered by someone MENTIONING it at all?

>people suddenly turned around the prequels as good
>same people might even say "Oh, well I liked The Force Awakens when it was called A NEW HOPE ;^)"

Nah. The sudden surge of prequel babies needed to be stomped out.

Not really, he points out some minor inconsistencies but generally just laments that the films going forward won't be nearly as interesting both good and bad.

Many people say Episode 7 brought the series back from the dead, but it's really less of a resurrection and more of a eulogy.

of course they aren't going to take a risk. they will do the exact same fucking thing they did with TFA. they will turn ep8 into a generic copy and paste watered down version of empire.

TFA made a lot of money and they want to keep those profits rolling in. no point rocking the boat. they will play it safe, you can depend on that.

That's how I felt about it. When Han Solo shows up the character development comes to a grinding halt for the rest of the movie.

>You are new to sarcasm, arent you?
>sarcasm

Sarcasm means you mean the opposite of what you're saying. So:

>This isnt mike

Becomes:

>This is mike

Which means you either genuinely believe it is Mike, or are attempting to cover for the fact that you genuinely believed Cred Forums needed to be told it isn't Mike, either way you're retarded.

Checkmate you worthless fucking imbecile. Go ahead and try to backpedal some more, or pretend you were trolling all along, or whatever the fuck else you feel you need to do to save face on this anonymous Malaysian fan fiction forum. You made a fool of yourself and there is nothing you can do to undo it. I can't tell you how good that feels for the rest of us. It's like an orgasm on Christmas.

see
Also it was just some journalist wanting to expose his theory and others pointing at it, it was nothing big, certainly nothing that needed 50 minutes. It's obvious that he just used it to pad out the review since the actual ''review'' is almost non existent.

Watch that portion of it again and look at the excerpts and things that the discussion focuses on. Yes there's a brief bit to explain why ring theory itself is dumb but a lot of it is more generally focused just using Ring Theory as a backing:

e.g Mike quotes lines like "the prequels have hidden artistry" or "this makes us re-evaluate the star wars saga as a whole" and so on and talks about how these are problematic, irrelevant or simply untrue statements.

Then he goes on to talk about how just because there are similarities or coincidences this doesn't imply a correlation or for that matter a causation.

If he was talking about Ring Theory in particular he would spend more time on how individual bits of the ring theory don't make sense but most of his criticism in that segment is far wider reaching. You need to look beyond the surface level title of the segment and look at what Mike actually talks about.

wow, nothin' gets by you, slick

It's unnatural, it reeks of bureaucratic committee cow-toeing to the state religion. It's like the gangs Jackie Chan fights full of different races, but you look out in reality and you never see them, it's unnatural. Oh but it's all magic why not have this, because fantasy works through intuition, magic works because it's more intuitive than technology, that kind of forced diversity isn't intuitive, what is intuitive are stereotypes which is why classic fantasy is nothing but stereotypes, make a story about a prissy dwarf teetotaler who hates conflict and works to help people with their feelings.

are you retarded? the movie establishes that rey knows how to handle herself in a combat situation due to being raised on jakku (the scene were the alien dudes attack her but she fends them off before finn got to help), it makes a point of kylo ren still being a mere student of the dark side, and they go out of their way to show how powerful chewie's crossbow is at multiple instances before kylo gets shot in the gut with it

even my 12 year old sister caught on to that shit, when we watched it recently she was all like
>huh so I bet she only won because the guy got shot

Well he does literally shit on JJ Abrams and George Lucas

jjew abrams seems like the type that has a scat fetish though

And it's a giant waste of time since the whole fucking thing can be dismissed in one sentence: Lucas is a hack who intentionally copied the earlier films since he didn't come up with those ideas but needed to make a Star Wars movie.

This is the argument Mike makes in the prequel reviews. The Ring shit here is de rigeur and pointless.

>what is intuitive are stereotypes which is why classic fantasy is nothing but stereotypes
this is why most classic fantasy is shit

Yes, but he lampoons his own critique of this at the same time.

Notice how he spent so much time on the emotional fanboy reaction at the Falcon right after he JUST finished saying it was unnecessary fan service. Then he says, "OK, fine, the Falcon was fine there." He's acknowledging that some pandering to nostalgia is fine.

I'm Gen-X and my favourite scenes in Star Trek 2009 and TFA were the first shots of the ships. The Trek one actually choked me up a bit -- it was really well done.

I think Mike believes that millennials don't have the same nostalgic appreciation of SW and ST that he does and he's cynical about their fandom and opinions overall. It's a sad fact that millennials were raised with cultural garbage and have never had their own cultural icons to identify with, just latching on to ours again and again.

Or, now bear with me, he was ironically pointing out that its obviously not mike...by saying (now here is where sarcasm comes into play), SARCASTICALLY, that its mike.

Jesus fuck you sound like a bitter faggot who cant read actual sarcasm.

Where do you think you are?

A lot of bitching here just to say that you like stereotypes

>Jay, a know massive horror nerd, wore a scream factory shirt once in a show
>OMG SEE GUYS! SHILLS!!!!

This was cringe to read. You are on the wrong board

>diversity is unnatural

Wew, mate. You have an echo chamber for this

Mike drank half the bottle during the GB review then the next review it was still half full. I don't think he's ever had any since.

This. This pretty much sums up my problems with Finn right here. That and RLM (Plinkett) touched on the fact that Finn had no real arc or purpose for his character.

It was such a weird, awkward, Disney-ish non-romance between him and Rey.

I dont see why he couldn't have just made a video titled prequel apologists

45 mins of bitching is enough content for one video

>calling out Rey's lack of training and hypercompetenty in lieu of that
Based Hamill.

He probably shot the Plinkett review around the same time. Shit takes time to edit.

Don't waste your time user. They will refuse this logic and defend this shit no matters what.

Where is this guy from???? "The Iron Giant"?

holy shit
HOLY SHIT
every stanza

>by saying (now here is where sarcasm comes into play), SARCASTICALLY, that its mike.

He said isn't, bro. Scroll up.

The sterility made it hard to criticize TFA, probably. Safe movies that don't offend aren't notable like complete fuck-ups that embarrass everyone.

Still sarcasm mate, do you need it explained why? I think you have bad reading skills

To be fair, every website is liberal compared to this one.

>do you need it explained why?

I do, yes. As far as I know, stating a fact isn't sarcasm. It would only be sarcasm if he said it isn't Mike, but actually meant that it is, which it isn't, so that would be objectively wrong.

So please elaborate.

Thank you for your patience with my ignorance.