Should i watch The Leftovers?

will i be able to like this even if i hate that fucking hack lindelof?
i heard a lot of good things about the show on Cred Forums and i have to say i'm intrigued by now but i was turned off when i learned that lindelof is the showrunner...
does he ruin this again with "le mysterious unexplained supernatural shit" like he did with LOST?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2Bb0k9HgQxc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>does he ruin this again with "le mysterious unexplained supernatural shit" like he did with LOST?

Not even joking, but that's the entire point of The Leftovers -- at least, as it applies to the central focus of the series. Lindelof said he's NEVER going to explain the disappearance, so if that bugs you, you might as well ignore the show.

(And no, there are no real hints or anything like that about what happened or why. The series is basically about a bunch of people dealing with what happened and trying to explain it to themselves. But we don't have a "man behind the curtain" moment or anything, and we never will.)

As such...your mileage will vary. People like the acting, but I thought the characterization was weak as hell during the first season. I couldn't get through the first episode of the second season because it was pretty much Lindelof laughing at the audience for ever wanting/expecting answers.

Just watch it you shitstain

It's about depressing people dealing with their problems and the relatioships between them, the rapture is just the backdrop. If you want anything close to a drama about finding out what's going on in the world and why the whole thing happened then don't bother. It's the best show on tv so yeah watch it

youtube.com/watch?v=2Bb0k9HgQxc

thanks for the answer! I'll pass on it then because it sounds like lindelof is at his old bullshit again. seriously, how does this guy keep getting work?
maybe i'll start "the americans" now... that would be the next show on my watch-list...

you're an idiot

Quite possibly my favorite show of all time even though I've only seen 2 seasons. Too bad only 3 seasons for it's entirety but it's great

how am i an idiot for disliking a tv-writer who is universally disliked for fucking up multiple tv-shows and movies (LOST, Prometheus) and that's coming from someone who loved the first 3 lost seasons. i even liked most of prometheus apart from the terrible plot.

you are a fucking idiot who doesnt understand the entire point of the show

reminder that lindelof is all up in this shit.

stick with your netflix superhero shows, kid

Don't ask what others think you dumb pleb watch an episode and form your own opinion if you don't like first episode it's not for you and good riddance we won't have to deal with you when season 3 rolls around even though there's only maybe 8 of us in the leftover threads anyway

The show peaks at the 3rd episode with Christopher Eccleston, although Nora's episode is a close runner up. Everything after season 1 is shit though, just forget anything after it exists.

>i've never seen a book of job adaptation before so this was great!

you are the pleb

what's fucking wrong with asking for other peoples opinion about a tv-show on a "television & film" board of all fucking places? i know a faggot like you would like the place to be filled with baneposting, BBC and JUST threads but then i'm asking you to get into a different thread to spread your bullshit you fucking mental abomination...

still more interesting than anything else in the series, you Leftover fags are really fucking defensive over what is essentially Lost 2.0

... negro I don't even like the leftovers.

>will i be able to like this even if i hate that fucking hack lindelof?

Yes. Let the mystery be.

The first season is just OK in my opinion. Interesting plot but just didn't hook me that much. Season two is terrific though. I'm glad it's only going to be 3 seasons, so they don't stray too far and get off into stupid side stories.

Leftovers fans get upset over people talking about leftovers because they can't put into words anything remotely good about it.

But people who didn't like it could fill books with valid grievances against it. Like the forced inorganic soapy character drama, cheap Judaeo-christian references, the way it constantly farms it's big happening for cheap hooks and dramatic elements but refuses to address the big happening directly, shitty performances from key characters who won't just cease to exist, inconsistent characterization as a result of the first season being an adaptation and the second being entirely lindelof original content do not steal, the passive aggressiveness of the second season's intro, treating the GR like a big central focus when its already obvious they're just a bunch of angry cunts, completely forgetting about the ATFEC, and so much more.

i really like the show. you should watch it op.

Was it aliens? Who did it?

What this user said, it really is a fantastic show, I just hope Lindelof doesn't fuck up season 3. Season 2 was my favorite season of television this decade. The acting and characters are superb throughout, as for the rapture let the mystery be.

so between this and bojack, are there any other shows built entirely around cloying, toy conceptions of depression as written by (and for) people who've never had a legitimate problem in their lives?

My favorite episode is still father jamison. It just pushed the right buttons in me, the feeling of desperation and betting it all on luck or the hand of god.

By the way everyone in the show is depressed because there was a hint that the ones that disappeared were being regretted by the time of the event.

That is defiantly a top 5 episode but, I think International Assassin and I Live Here Now are on a whole different level .

>international assassin wasn't nominated for an emmy
>the leftovers wasnt nominated for best drama
>Justin and Carrie weren't nominated for acting
>barely anyone watches this fucking masterpiece

being a leftovers fan is suffering.

The episode with patty and garveys "best friend is my personal favorite. Makes me want to go back and rewatch now.

"You telling me you... Sleepwalking or something?"

I couldn't make it past the first two episodes. Buncha melodramatic drivel propped up with supernatural shenanigans.

Still pissed about this.

>tfw literally the only part of this show I'd care about is why they disappeared

they typically don't nominate video games for emmys.

It's like the old farts at those award shows don't really watch anything. They just throw it on what's popular, hope it sticks and up their ratings.