Ash vs Evil Dead S2

What did Cred Forums think of the premiere?

You did watch the premiere, right?

Watch it days ago when it "leaked", was really good, big improvement on S1 from a practical side.

it didnt leak sptarz puts all their primers up a week early ondemand, blunt talk s02e01 is also up

I watched the web rip like the rest.

Not bad. I like that they're giving more development to what happened to Ash after the events of the trilogy.

is the show good?
I've been wanting to watch it

also, should I watch season 1 or jump straight to season 2?

its great fun. The first season gets a bit stale towards the end. But the second season is right back on track.

Watched it last week. Was better than a lot of episodes from last season. Really looking forward to it.

Plus, lore that I actually give a shit about. I didn't expect that.

Watching season 1 is necessary to understand what's happening in season 2.

And of course watch the film trilogy first if you haven't seen them already.

>jump straight to season 2 in a serialized TV show

Ash's Dad should get a spinoff.

The pacing is pretty wonky. Characters arc too fast but the show still has a filler episode in a diner.

Ol' boy Sam directs the first episode and it's a lot of fun despite that he throws all his trademark shots from the old movies into that one episode. Then the show's actual director steps in and tries to mimic Sam's intentional hammy aping of his old B Movie self. That gets tiring.

It's entertaining though. Got some good jokes. Bruce as Ash still works really well. There's also a ton of practical effects and I really appreciate that.

not enough blood

Ha, ha. You've nailed it. Your post is spot-on about everything.

DiGregorio isn't that bad. For the most part he knows what fans want and delivers in spades. I think he just over-estimated black cop's role, and there are only really two bad-ish episodes anyways.

As long as S02 keeps up the momentum it should be fine. Assuming they learned from S01's mistakes.

>but the show still has a filler episode in a diner.

That "filler" helped put the show back in gear after two boring as fuck episodes that slowed the plot to a crawl.

If only that question was rare.

Is it worth getting into?

I tried getting on board with it early on but just kind of left it.

Maybe.

Yes.

You sound like a wishy washy minger, go back to whatever reality show garbage you're obsessed with

No.

>Ash is dumb enough to get tricked again
God dammit, Ash.

I've seen the movies countless times.
it's just most of the time when there is a show based on movies is not good, and I didn't want to see the name of a good trilogy get raped.
thanks for the input, I'm downloading season 1 right now

Not seen it but pretty hype to watch S2. I enjoyed S1, agree that it was going a bit meh but I kek'd at the ending.

>local man ruins everything

God this show is such a piece of fucking shit. The pilot was great and literally everything after just looks and feels like amateur hour netflix-original-tier incessantly self referential garbage. Just put it out of its fucking misery

So ash admits to his hometown and dad that he killed his friends? So are we supposed to assume that at some point after evil dead 2 there was a court case where ash admits guilt and gets off? Did the defense have evidence of the people possessing monsters? God this show is so fucking shit it makes me want to die

What's the point of hiring that toilet-brush rat boy? Don't they have enough actors who look like average nobodies?

It looks better than season 1 atleast

Who?

Did Lucy Lawless get fatter or something? Something about the way she looks in Season 2 makes her seem older. I think it's her hair.

Why haven't they forced her to show her tits yet?

The humor in this is such a cringeworthy imitation of ed2 and aod, it feels more like meet the spartans

>he keeps hitting his head on that fucking pipe

it's so simple yet hilarious

>Ash is developing Alzheimer's
oh fuck

she was naked already, kids