Now that the dust is well and truly settled, can we agree that the Star Wars prequels at least had an original idea?

Now that the dust is well and truly settled, can we agree that the Star Wars prequels at least had an original idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=buyflmtHcHc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No

episode 2 & 3 were great.

Prequels are the meat of the fish. OT is like the bones. Of course, without bones, the flesh would not exist, but we all only eat the meat.

no

No. Nothing about them was original.
You have to be 18 to post here.

That is a terrible analogy shithead I ONLY watch OT and pretend like the prequels don't even exist does that make me a bone eater you numnuts

>them darn young people and their dang opinion

fuck off grandpa. OT is objectively shit

Not really no.

>does that make me a bone eater

I think you already know the answer to that.

Yes, and the new Star Wars films will again, just as soon as they greenlight my 'Daisy Ridley gets pulled apart with chains by spooked Spanish chargers' screenplay.

The prequels were much better written, they had actual characters and story, not a bunch of memes and one-liners that lack any emotion or coherence. Luke is a cliched everyboy "hero" that goes through an absurdly rapid transformation between the fifth and the sixth episodes. Anakin's emotional instability and his exposure as a psychopath are gripping; and his doomed relationship with Padme is touching. In the "original trilogy" Han, Leia, Darth Vader and Obi Wan are complete meme characters, nothing about them is remotely believable or human. And why doesn't anyone care about deaths in those movies? Leia's planet destruction, Luke's stepparents' death, all of the blown up rebels--the list could go on--all the deaths are forgotten moments later.

As for direction, the movies from the "original trilogy" were mostly incoherent, badly edited and full of logical problems. The prequel trilogy is a work of a "vulgar auteur".

I feel neutral about the series overall, and honestly don't care about trolling or contrarianism. Here are my sincere rankings:

1. "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones"
2. "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace"
3. "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith"
4. "Star Wars"
5. "The Empire Strikes Back"
6. "Return of the Jedi"
8. "The Force Awakens"

Episode 7 isn't even a Star Wars movies. It is a Marvel flick masquerading as one.

Don't be a smart mouth.

My sentiment exactly.
>star wars 4
George Lucas is the master of oversimplification. All the characters in Star Wars are terribly black and white and not a single one even remotely leans towards the second dimension. The cheap trick to use plain text as exposition for the upcoming events is a slap in the face of cinema. The entire purpose of film is to convey stories through dialogue and images.Lucas doesn't get that.His writing skills are pre-school.
>star wars 5
The most over rated movie of all time. Pseudo nerds will have you believing that george lucas ruined this movie that was once so great even though they probably didnt even see the original version until after the new ones came out. You can find these geek posers at your local comic cons repeating everything plinkett says wearing there han shot first shirt thinking they sound like they know what there talking about, but take it from me these movies are on par with bollywood scifi shit dont waste your time.
>star wars 6
Let's see, for an adventure, the pacing is mostly off, with lots of periods where nothing happens, and even the action scenes are nothing special. The plot also seems fairly contrived. Say, since this is the final battle between good and evil and all that, the emperor's preparations seem fairly rushed. You'd expect more care to have been taken in keeping that shield intact, for example. Also, since his grand scheme is to turn Luke Skywalker to the dark side of the force, isn't he trying to kill him too soon after Luke offers some resistance?

>tfw we now have to deal with more prequel shitposters because RLM blew them the FUCK out

says the man who eats bones

RLM? What is that? Some reddit acronym?

Reddit Libtard Moderators

2 > 1 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 6

Ye all know this to be true.

The prequels are infused with a bold vision of artistic profundity that eclipses the likes of generic sci-fi movies of recent times. The streamlining process that has begun to creep into the production of every slightly sci-fi-y tinged movie has created an amorphous blob of mediocrity and blandness. The prequels deliver a basic premise of good vs. evil but do it so by utilizing characters that are endowed with humanity. Aside from the storytelling aspect the prequels stand strong on all fronts, from writing, cinematography and set pieces that truly immerse you into a fantastic world full of wonder and awe. It is infinitely unfortunate that this behemoth of a film project is marred by the majority of the populace's inability to assess the genius and lack of intelligence. One can only hope that in eons to come, evolution will have worked in ways as to ensure and maximize the distribution of the gene that thrives in the intellectual minority of our time so that future generations and civilizations will be able to grasp the grandeur of the prequels and see behind the masquerading illusion that is reddit.

Do these underages unironically believe Attack of the Clones was even a movie?

It is literally one of the worst movies ever made. I'm not exaggerating. Its a stain on cinema. If you defend that piece of shit then you are not qualified to talk about movies at all.

If you're ranking by shittiness, maybe.

The prequels were much better than episode VII. They were shit of course, but at least they were star wars films and not Disney fan fiction.

The prequels have alot of hidden genius moments if u fags had any ability to understand underlying themes. The Jedi Council-Anakin tension, Mace Windu wanting to summarily execute the Emperor showing the hypocricy of the Jedi,Count Dooku passing on to Qui-Gonn Jinn unorthodox ideas, which in turn imfluenced Obi-Wan which in turned influenced Anakin, Young Anakin's desperate attempts to have some worth (his "My name is Anakin and Im a person answer to Padme is heartbreaking when she is surprised to find out he is a slave),Padme's sexy leather dress. And b4 anyone answers with "I dont like sand"... It was a metaphor for growing up on Tattoine u autistic fucks. Anakin suffered through Tattooine, being born as a slave to a slave mother, while Padme was raised a Queen on Naboo. He was comparing the differences between them. And I have even mention how epic Based Palpatine was. Fuck all of you, im gonna go fap to Padme now

im not a real star wars fan, so someone fill me in, whats wrong with episode 2?

Yes they were original but both in a terrible and sometimes a neat way useful only for wider internet pop culture and not the movies themselves they're only enjoyable as a joke thru the lens of post plinkett internet something that tfa isn't and will never be making for not only the worst star wars movie but also the worst plinkett review to date his oh the irony in this statement his very own the phantom menace

You dont have to be a fan to see it's an objectively bad film that fails at basic storytelling. Much like BvS and yet Cred Forums memes both these piles of garbage.

Look at this shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=buyflmtHcHc

This is played straight as a "legitimate" romance in the movie. It's not a joke that lampshades how creepy Anakin is written.

That's right you tell them sons O' biches what fer Skeeter Anakin is the king y'all here me? I wear a Hayden Christensen t-shirt everytime I go to wal-mart

Nice quads, but I gotta disagree friend.

That scene is like the modern day adaptation of Beauty and the Beast + Shit Harry Potter and LOTR couldn't even come close because none of the people in those movies had sex with anyone until the very end. These two had sex while on missions and stuff man just imagine having sex with Hershlag on special missions just the two of you and her man how the fuck can you hate this movie??

maybe its cuz i havent seen it in years but episode 2 seemed much better than bvs.

also nice quads.

That is the smartest thing I have ever read. I love Episode 2 now.

I love the prequels, without them I couldn't follow my favourite autist

>if master Obi Wan caught me levitating this piece of fruit he would be very grumpy.

Why?

>Its a stain on cinema
well said good sir! *tips fedora*

because he's using force and eveytime you use the force a kid dies somewhere or gets molested

we also call them younglings

Good Friends don't play with their food

but they do cut off each others' limbs

THANK YOU FUCKHEAD THAT'S THE JOKE

It was just a prank gone wrong, like when Anakin genoicided the sand people, or when Anakin murdered children, or when Anakin choked his wife

chill f.am

>this is an actual scene from the most popular series in hollywood
lmao americans are so trash at art

t. homoyuropoor

>american art is what jews in hollywood produce to make money

Kek.

Never watched Reddit-level media.

Jedi Knight series>Kotor 2> Kotor>5>3>4>>>>>=6

7 is pure nostalgia and doesn't even deserve a ranking

If Lucas gave you the scripts of the prequels and asked you to give them a rewrite, how many of those original ideas would you keep in the script?

>If Lucas gave you the scripts of the prequels and asked you to give them a rewrite, how many of those original ideas would you keep in the script?
id keep all the palpatine anakin dynamics. id improve on the padme/anaking relationship alot.
Keep darth maul as the main antagonist besides palpatine and drop dooku/grievious.

the foundation of the prequels was really good.

First of all, Natalie Portman is not allowed to wear clothes ANYWHERE NEAR THE SET. SHE WILL BE NAKED AT ALL TIMES AND THIS MOVIE WILL FOCUS VERY MUCH ON HER VAGINA.

Good foundations would have been to establish Anakin as a good friend, pilot and cunning warrior before he gets drawn towards the dark side.

Holy Shit. Mike was fucking right. I seriously can't believe prequel defenders were fucking real. No wonder he had to fucking devote over half his review to tell you fuckers why you were wrong all over again and why you fucking hated this new one.

The prequels are one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the space wizard and his pals from the galaxy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make the force unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Lucas vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his toys. The Star Wars prequels might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the Clone Wars cartoons were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the show was terrible. As I watched, I noticed that every time a character went anywhere, the author wrote instead that the character "had a bad feeling about this."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Lucas' mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of the Prequels by the same Michael Bay. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are watching the Prequels at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to watch Michael Bay." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you watch "The Prequels" you are, in fact, trained to watch Michael Bay

>disney doing damage control after the latest Plinkett review

wew lad

doubt they care about a review that pushes race mixing

>plinkedditors this desperate they have to use hp is dull memepaste

I'd keep the idea of the Clone Wars, Palpatine secretly controlling both sides, and the "structure" of the Jedi Order (overly strict rules/traditions). Practically everything else would change because it was shit.

You could keep all of it. The problem is the dialogue and directing.

Muh dick has original ideas. Doesn't make it a good movie

>being this much of a shitty star wars fan

You don't love things because they are valuable, you love them because you love them. That's what makes them valuable. I know there are tons of issues with movies but if you look hard enough at anything for flaws you'll find them.