Now that that dust has settled

Now that that dust has settled.

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

vice.com/read/camille-paglia-believes-that-revenge-of-the-sith-is-our-generations-greatest-work-of-art
newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/what-the-seven-star-wars-films-reveal-about-george-lucas
youtube.com/watch?v=5hH22wNH5KM
youtube.com/watch?v=XMdR9iAflKo
youtube.com/watch?v=XcG71T5Fs6M
youtube.com/watch?v=6DD45wBDLNs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Literally nothing

Literally everything.

Nothing. It actually stayed true to Star Wars.

Only underages hate it because it shat all over the prequels.

>Abrams
>Disney
>Rey being perfect at everything, character has nowhere to grow
>Finn turning into a pointless quip machine instead of exploring psychology of a storm trooper
>another Death Star
>Han solo leia bullshit
>first order is the same generic nazi bad guy

Rey not getting raped.

Ben killing his dad should have been the emotional climax of the film, instead of JJ climaxing at the thought of Rey becoming a female Jedi

>What went wrong?
The Plinkett review.

Why did Leia age 30 years while Han only aged 15?

It's just uninteresting. I'm not interested in a movie that isn't even capable of being bad.

lol, han looked pretty old to me.

If he was supposed to be 35 in Jedi, he looked all of 65 in TFA

I have about as much respect for The Force Awakens as I do for the dog shit on my shoe.

It is reddit, it is capeshit, it is cheeto dust, it is video games. It's nothing more than memes enjoyed by simplistic pledditors. I have ZERO respect for people who are not free thinkers and blindly enjoy the reddit memes that comprise Cuck Wars: The Search for More Money.

I'm literally screaming, slamming my arms on my desk right now just thinking about it.

Because she mostly raised Kylo by herself while Han would leave for another wild, fun adventure. Also she went back into politics before becoming the general of the resistance.

>this is the status of shitposting on this stupid fucking board

Abrams. He was Disney's safe choice because they knew he'd be way too scared to fuck up his boyhood movies and wouldn't do anything different or offensive.

It wasn't a bad movie, it just wasn't a good one. Rian Johnson will make a far superior sequel

Only one of the dullest reviews in the history of RLM . Each of the points ranting on about the "ring theory" is indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the black jokes, the reviews' only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of hype, all to make memes less magical, to make anons asshurt as they try to use mental gymnastics to make this review "good".

Perhaps the die was cast when Mike "Black bulls need to breed Rey" Stoklasa bowed to the fans and agreed to create yet another Plinkett Review; he made sure the review would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?Just ridiculously convoluted ranting about the prequels. The Plinkett series might be anti-Lucas (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Kino series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the TFA part of the review was good though
"No!"
The points are weak; the pacing was terrible. As I watched, I noticed that every time Mike was getting into his stride, he had to make yet another "lol Mr.Plinkett is a lunatic" joke.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that stupid joke was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Mikes's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of editing or comedy. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Plinkett "Star Wars Awakens" by some faggot on r/RedletterMedia. He wrote something to the effect of, "Guys this isn't the best review but its a new style and you guys over hyped it" And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you get hyped for RLM content you are, in fact, trained to be disappointed.

>I'm literally screaming, slamming my arms on my desk right now just thinking about it.

You almost had a good post

I don't care about how you rank I-VI. All REASONABLE movies. They at least all fit into Star Wars, and they at least seem to follow the same logic and universe rules.

What the fuck is seven? I see people talking about a rehashed story, and that's true. But whatever, I could look past that. I could look past the SJW theme. I could look past the more than shit fuck awful villains. I could look past Fischer's fucking terrible performance. How the fuck does that shit make the final cut anyways?

But for fucks sake, there's not even an intro to the new Republic? It's introduced about one minute before it's conveniently wiped out from who knows how far away in about 30 seconds . The whole republic, never introduced, destroyed with 4 planets. What the fuck? And you can see the fucking fasterthanlightspeed beams from a different solar system real time. NOT ONLY THAT, BUT THEY CAN HYPERLIGHTSPEED know it's recharging. About 30 minutes after it fired. And it takes 30 minutes to recharge. 30 minutes to consume a sun.

And they can hyperlightspeed arrive on time while knowing exactly how much time they have left? They have nobody on the fucking thing as a spy, how the shitfuck can they know how much it has left to go?

I can look past R2D2 waking up for plot convenience. I can look past WALL-E 2.0.

But I also can't look past Rey's control of the force. Uh, no, that's not how it works. Period. There is no 'I learned how to fight and basically beat a Sith who's been training for the better part of his 20yearoldish life in a matter of hours!' Click here to see how you too can learn the force and manipulate it at an advanced level in just MINUTES.

Seriously blind yourself and stick your hand into a bin full of B movie scifi flicks and their plots and science fantasy still can't compare to this horseshit.

Act.

DUDE ANOTHER DEATHSTAR LMAO

nice digits and date

>But I also can't look past Rey's control of the force. Uh, no, that's not how it works. Period. There is no 'I learned how to fight and basically beat a Sith who's been training for the better part of his 20yearoldish life in a matter of hours!' Click here to see how you too can learn the force and manipulate it at an advanced level in just MINUTES.

Rey already knew how to fight because she's been training with her staff for years. Ren was already fatigued and weakened. Why was this movie too smart for you?

Time dilation

Speculation. They haven't revealed when Han left or why.

>Just ridiculously convoluted ranting about the prequels
Yeah I don't get why he thought he needed to bitch for 50 fucking minutes about the prequels, doesn't that just make him look petty? He already blew the fuck out of the prequel fanbase years ago and rubbed it in with Sheev mocking the 9000 page "debunking" essay, why did he waste so much time on it? Then there was a sort of lukewarm non-review of TFA. I used to joke about Mike losing his balls a long time ago but it looks like it's actually true.

It was great except for the lack of interracial romance.

It's been said in the Bloodline novel. When they fought, Han left. They loved each other but didn't have the same interests.

Not having Oscar Isaac as the lead, he is 10x better than all the newcomers they brought in.

Isaac as the protagonist and Driver as the Antagonist would have been perfect.

This. .... this movie is perfect for the bland disney white trash kids demographic... it's dull, doesn't challenge the audience and it has a cheap sjw agenda in it ..perfect for MURICA!

>first order is the same generic nazi bad guy

Star Wars is WWII in space, they're supposed to be Nazis.

Wise and good post.

... how about japs They could've had suicide pilots which would've been awesome, you know like a callback to that A-Wing pilot in RotJ. Plus, diversity.

weak teenage girl has been "training" with her stick for years, that explains everything. kill yourself faggot

>Rey didn't suck Finn's black CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWK!

JJ did mention asian stormtroopers...

it gives a perfunctory display of iconography, catchphrases and characters to remind 40 year old jerkoffs of their precious childhoods

I don't know what you're talking about dude. TFA had so many really cool moments I can't even begin to list them all.

It's a boring rehash, with the bi-polar tone shifting "humour" of the prequels, and without the charm and chemistry of the original movie.

WTF is Cred Forums going to be spammed with TFA threads because of that terrible plinkett video?

>the pilot didn't suck Finn's black CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWK!

It made 2 billion dollars. It must be good.

Nothing. I assblasted the prequel kiddies and the Cred Forums contrarians, and now RLM's Plinkett review has given the final knockout.

Cred Forums will NEVER recover

TFA is objectively the best Star Wars movie ever made. Its one failing point however it that it didn't fulfill the expectation of a subgroup of the core fanbase, a group that can in laymans terms be described as dickless permavirgin aspies. These individuals got a certain expectation from the film marketing which created for them an excitement and hope to live through the Kylo Ren character as a surrogate for their fantasy world of being a badass. This expectation however was shattered in a humiliating reversal wherein a character that is best summarized as a wittle gurl, bitch slapped the shit out of this Kylo Ren character who also turned out to himself be a unflattering reminder of the personality traits of said aspies in his childish unhinged emotional outbursts.

B-but is because she don't need no patriarchy Cwawk ...we need to make at least 10 scenes where she looks like a strong woman...it the only way people understand she doesn't need help IT'S THE ONLY WAY!!!

>paying to shitpost for 4 years

How cucked can you get?

You star wars nerds haven't been satisfied with anything but the originals. The movie is fine, the problem is you. Get laid you tremendous faggot.

I laugh everytime someone dissmisses the prequels. I laugh harder when someone says TFA is better than the prequels. TFA is garbage. It's barely Star Wars. It lacks vision, imagination and charm , competly alienating the true fans(and by true fans I don't mean the "lol im so nerdy guyz just like sheldon xD") . TFA is a sterile product with artificial fun pandering to artificial nostalgia. It was made with one purpose : to make money. George Lucas made the prequels for the fans and the true fans enjoyed them. It's just the majority following trends and faling for the " lol the prequels are bad " meme. Breath-taking effects for the time, fantastic fighting, a major expansion to the universe, excellent music, insight on our favourite characters with a couple of great performances and a solid story are all strong points of the prequels that are hard to deny.

yes. This will continue until December when Rogue One shitposting starts

>But for fucks sake, there's not even an intro to the new Republic? It's introduced about one minute before it's conveniently wiped out from who knows how far away in about 30 seconds . The whole republic, never introduced, destroyed with 4 planets. What the fuck? And you can see the fucking fasterthanlightspeed beams from a different solar system real time. NOT ONLY THAT, BUT THEY CAN HYPERLIGHTSPEED know it's recharging. About 30 minutes after it fired. And it takes 30 minutes to recharge. 30 minutes to consume a sun.

The fans constant bemoaning of "space politics" in the prequels made Abrams decide to give no political stage or worldbuilding for anything in Ep 7, the result being it was confusing and made little sense. We're just meant to accept that it's good rebels vs bad empire despite the context of the ending of ROTJ

>What went wrong?

Autistic millennials grew up thinking the crappy Prequels were Star Wars, and MUH CHILDHOOD RAEP set in when someone made a movie exactly in the lighthearted space opera tone of the originals.

Han's character was assassinated in RotJ anyway. He wasn't the same personality anymore. Ford was right. Han should have kamikazied into the Death Star core, yelling "yahooo!".

Han is dead now anyway so we can now look back and analyze what would have been a more fitting fate.

>character has nowhere to grow
she could have bigger tits

The script.
The characters.
The plot.
The tone.

>reference
>quip
>reference
>quipquip
worse than marvel flicks.

Read more in the listicle: Top Five Reasons the Star Wars Prequels are underrated!

>artificial fun
Would you say it was forced fun?

nothing, it's in the top 4

empire > revenge > jedi = force > new hope > menace > clone

George Lucas
>spaced out the series so it would maintain its hype factor in the public eye
>gave birth to LucasArts, producing great vidya
>introduced great non-film spin offs in the EU like Heir to the Empire
>films have poetry while consistently introducing new stuff so it wouldn't be aping of the OT

Disney
>marvelized the series, producing annual movies until franchise fatigue sets in
>killed LucasArts, outsources vidya to EA if not cheap mobileshit
>rendered the EU non-canon yet copies from it for the new movies
>films lack poetry and rather copies the OT in every possible way

Well...at least that 40 year old jerkoffs get a good and an interesting idea in the original.. its sad seeing this crybaby generation eating disney turds but well.... if you like shit ....bon appetit

>gave birth to LucasArts, producing great vidya

You'll find that most of their games are copies of others with a star wars skin

dis

It's been one film

I just watched this and I spent the entire movie repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my seat for the last 30 minutes it was so painful.

lol

>LucasArts
>tfw you got Rogue Squadron for Christmas and not the hydro crystallization station

>staff
>magical sword made of light

let me guess, you also think she's a good engineer as evidenced by the scavenging she does? you do realize that lightsaber is a different weapon from a staff?

look at any people who train with swords. the type of techniques between 2 different kinds of swords varies greatly based on length and weight, never mind the differences between an omnidirectional sword and a blunt staff.

3/10, uttter garbage.

Anyone that says different is a fucking mindless consumer, a redditor, a feminist, or a child/manchild.

Nothing about this was good. It was a remake of ANH. The characters were forced. Acting sucked. The villain was a little bitch, and his "crossguard" lightsaber was literally the most retarded thing I have ever seen. It felt like a Marvel movie. It had a cliffhanger ending with 10 unanswered question by the end. Rey was a fucking Mary Sue.

>Implying the prequels were bad
Episode 1 was a 5.7/10. Episode 2 was a 7.2/10. Episode 3 was an 8/10.
>buh buh the acting wuz SHITTT!!!
hello pleddit! It was actually nuanced and if you can't see that you have no place here. I was not the best, but the actors all played their roles decently well.
The overarching story was one of the best I've seen. The movies were on par with the originals, which are honestly overrated desu.

Can you remember anything from TFA? No. Plain looking cast, stupid plot. Terrible, and if you say different, you again have no place here.

Yeah, just like when WWII, when George S Skywalker and his group of friends joined up with a ragtag rebellion and destroyed Germany's country-destroying superweapon using a squadron of fighter pilots.

>Revenge of the Sith that high
Why?

And all the pilots were black

2000 cuckhold generation

The whole death star scene is based of the movie "The Dam Busters"

(((JJ Abraham's-son))) is a hack in the truest sense of the word is what went wrong.

It turns out that being frozen in carbon has amazing age preventing effects.

Did he really spend nearly an hour on the prequels?

Goddammit what is wrong with Star Wars nerds? It's been over a decade.

It's not surprising that the same people who attack the prequels are always unversed in real film or anything artistic, and that the people who praise the prequels (Zizek, Paglia, Brody, etc) are always literate, educated, and versed in real film.

vice.com/read/camille-paglia-believes-that-revenge-of-the-sith-is-our-generations-greatest-work-of-art
newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/what-the-seven-star-wars-films-reveal-about-george-lucas

The fact that everyone points to Plinkett as the authority on why the prequels are bad speaks volumes. Mike Stoklasa is one of the least artistic people on the planet - he can't process movies outside of the conventions of Hollywood films, his approach to narrative is tempered with the same surface-level requisites listed on tvtropes.

Any complaint that people have about the prequels illustrates a weak grasp on film. How many art films would they claim has 'too much sitting and talking'? They would watch the end of Breaking the Waves and whine about dated CGI. Their sensibilities for 'good dialogue' in what is intentionally pulp comes from bad pulp, ie, the original Star Wars, the only pulp they've ever seen. They would similarly view any homage-driven art film and miss the entire point.

Lucas' only mistake in the prequels was doing something daring, original, artistic and literate, not realizing that the manchildren conditioned by the original SW trilogy to loathe anything cerebral would lash out against his cinematic risks.

Hour or so per

Not so much on the prequels themselves, but on the prequel apologists that started popping up with X Reasons Why The Prequels Are Secretly Works Of Art lists

This, only the most intelligent people can appreciate the prequels

>Instead, I would have had an in-character dragon issue instead due to my disgust for shirtless boys in underwear or underwear-shaped speedos that I had at the time.

What the fuck am I reading?

In its own way that's just as annoying.

Subpar indoctrination on the kids they kidnapped to make into stormtroopers, fn-2187 should've had no issues with wiping out a village nor known what "the right thing" was.

nobody respect your opinion user you waste your time

Meesa Step in Doo Doo!

>this is the status of shitposting on this stupid fucking board

lol

One day it will all be explained

>Revenge of the Sith that high
why not? keeps you on the edge of your seat, also the whole buildup for "the suit", it fucking starts 30 minutes before the end.
>2000 cuckhold generation
I was born in the 80s m8

The quickest takedown on Prequel boosters I can think of, without resorting to Jar Jar Binks or rehashing Plinkett:

Anakin (Darth Vader) built C-3P0. On Tatooine.

If you watched the OT before the Prequels, you may have thought, shit, C-3P0's just some high-and-mighty butler droid, proud of his decades (centuries?) of tireless service (like a real butler), but out of his element when he first escapes to Tatooine in ANH, but no, he was fucking made there. And he's not just a minor character, some comedy relief robot...he was built by the most important character in the trilogy, Darth Vader himself. Who doesn't remember him when he shows up on Bespin a few years later.

And there are many, many more fundamental missteps just like this one in the Prequels, like the Clone War clones being the good guys (at first), or the Jedi not being secretive space ninjas, but fucking bureaucrats, or Jedis charging into battle in a flying column like fucking morons, waving their lazer swords around, or Boba Fett wasn't just some cool-looking bad guy, no, he too was fundamental to the whole fucking thing, or his clone-daddy was, anyway...

Let JJ give you your medicine, and stop whining. It's good for you.

Not that anyone will mention that fact when this review is reposted and shitposted about for 9 fucking months

>Who doesn't remember him when he shows up on Bespin a few years later.
There are countless droids who look just like him. Maybe 3pos were just like lego, pre-made, you just had to assemble the rest.

Then why bother having him make it? It adds literally nothing to the story anyway

Lucas is a lazy writter who gets a good plot structure but repeat and overuse it in the prequels because he has a lack of imagination to create something new ..

White slavers.

who fucking cares? why does people give a shit about the prequels?

if you think it's dogshit, why keep comparing TFA to them? why aren't you comparing TFA to something good? calling the prequels shit is low hanging fruit.

>Oh hey I guess luke, leia, and han suck at running the galaxy and achieved nothing all these years.
>Oh hey I guess our new protagonist can do everything and takes away all party dynamics based on girl power
>here's some sweet references and memes so you can forget we're making ANH but with none of the emotional or logical buildup.
>Don't worry though, we'll keep pumping out movies during the same period of time so we can wank your nostalgia to death.

because is not something good, is a recycled turd... but again if you like to eat that kind of unoriginal generic and cheap plot turd...bon appetit

fucking this...

this is TFA ...

it's like he really tried to be in the documentary

It's a remake of the first Star Wars. There's not one original idea in the whole movie, and the filmmakers knew it. I'm still only counting the original trilogy as canon.

With that said, I didn't hate it more than the prequels so I guess that's worth something.

>I'm still only counting the original trilogy as canon.
>he thinks anyone gives a shit
stay bootyblasted, friendo

Holy shit Mike was right. Prequel apologists were fucking real. No wonder you fuckers were saying his TFA review sucked.

>"no one cares what you think user!"
>mom get in here, i sure showed this guy!

JJ(ust) Abrahams

He's a copy-paste filmmaker.

>deathstar III
>paced 25% faster than it should have
>weak score

> think everyone has the same shitty taste in movies than him

move pleb, you are messing up my shoes

>being this upset
maybe take some time away from this thread or something, anonsan

i never said a single thing about how I feel about TFA

Basically the force awakens is such a shallow, bland, inoffensive movie that there simply isn't more than 40 minutes worth of content to get out of it. I think mike didn't want this hugely anticipated review to come out and be less than an hour long. Dissecting the ring theory for 45 fucking minutes was definitely a mistake, but it's an honest mistake.

You could see the disappointment in his face during the HitB review because he knew he couldn't do much with ep7. That being said when he finally DID start talking about the Force Awakens, his points were spot fucking on.

He was like, 7 years old on his profile when he first acts out of line.

I knew right and wrong at that age, plus he'd never SEEN real combat before, that was his first mission other than cleaning toilets on Starkiller Base.

>inoffensive
Carrie Fischer's acting was very offensive.

lol yeah no argument there. Me and my friends talked AT LENGTH about how much more sense it would make for Leia to do XY and Z from a screen writing perspective but they were obviously so limited by Carrie Fischer.

>Rey being perfect at everything, character has nowhere to grow

This is why I'm really on board with the Ray going evil idea so she can do fucking something interesting

>worked in sanitation
>still knew where the thermal power converter thing was on a base the size of a planet
>indoctronated child soldier
>does a kevin hart impression when they capture captain someone

great writing.

>That being said when he finally DID start talking about the Force Awakens, his points were spot fucking on
You mean glossing over the movie in a very short review while complaining that Rey didn't get BLACKED, right after asking what the point of Boyenga's character was? He missed a ton of obvious shit like making fun of Kylo's shitty halloween mask compared to Vader's iconic helmet, I mean what the fuck was that thing. It was almost as bad as him being an unthreatening teenage manlet.

>Cred Forums hates TFA now because of RedditLetterMedia

>Kylo's shitty halloween mask compared to Vader's iconic helmet, I mean what the fuck was that thing

Is this something people actually have a problem with? It's easily recognizable and fairly intimidating (it's essentially Revan's mask from Kotor)

omg u guys this was so funny im a nerd hahah

i like the idea of Finn beaing a stormtropper, maybe he was tired of seeing so much devastation made by the new empire forces...maybe he can have a very good backstory before being captured and trained, becoming a hero who live most of his life in the other side of the conflict

> After Ray/Finn encounter, Finn becomes a stupid jar jar quipmachine... dur durp.. me so dumb and coward..

>Let's make the protragonist this boring one-dimensional british blob who have all the qualities of the last party all in one and a stale personality.

> You want to se more of the interesting character development of Finn and Poe? well too bad, he need half od the scenes to repeat that Rey is a special snowflake who odeasnt need a man to suceed

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuughhhhh

I think the fucking point was for it to be a shitty halloween mask version of Vader's mask since that's who Kylo Ren is as Plinkett pointed out

It looks like protective sports gear.

Is she right?

youtube.com/watch?v=5hH22wNH5KM

>the fucking point was for it to be a shitty halloween mask version of Vader's mask
Was having an ineffective antagonist part of your plan?

Looks like a paintball mask. Pretty sure that's what they used to model it from.

It was a bad plinkett review. He just read off some of the problems with this flick like he just had a bullet point list instead of some autismal rant about each one. Why did he waste time creating a fanfic version of TFA? Why was his diversity complaint so convoluted? Why did he spend so much time talking about talking about the film? Why did he spend half the time talking about the prequels? Why didn't he explain any reason to like the film's reboot other than darth snookie if he thought it was a good soft reboot?

>The Jedi charge into battle
>They get wrecked

How many Jedi died on Geonosis again?

Only like 50

I don't get why Plinkett accused the movie of being sexless. Finn clearly wants to bang Rey the moment he lays eyes on her. It's one of the reasons i liked the movie.

I think it looks pretty good. I like how it's all dented and shit

But it's completely one sided and he's a side character so it just comes off as pathetic. She's so oblivious too it she doesn't even say no.

There's not much to talk about. It was like a new hope, it was fun, the end.

capeshit tier rehash of the new hope

Me after TFA trailer: i like the idea of Finn being a stormtropper, maybe he was tired of seeing so much devastation made by the new empire forces...maybe he can have a very good backstory before being captured and trained, becoming a hero who live most of his life in the other side of the conflict

In the theatre watching TFA

> After Ray/Finn encounter, Finn becomes a stupid jar jar quipmachine... dur durp.. me so dumb and coward.. me black janitor

>Let's make the protragonist this boring one-dimensional british blob who have all the qualities of the last party all in one and a stale personality.

> You want to se more of the interesting character development of Finn and Poe? well too bad, he need half of the scenes to repeat that Rey is a special snowflake who doesnt need a man to suceed instead of form a solid realistic connection between the new and old characters

> everyone likes Ray, they dont challenge her or interact with her unless is for make you remember how unique and talented she is ...

>she's tooootally not a mary sue guys...

>It was like a new hope
You can say that again
>it was fun
You may not have noticed you weren't actually having fun, but your brain did
>the end
I wish, get ready for Star Wars 10-12 directed by Michael Bay. 13-15 will be more light-hearted, they might bring in Uwe Boll. Then they'll go dark again with 16-18, rumor has it M. Night will bring his unique touch.

The two biggest things:

-Rey needed a scene where she over does it with her Force powers, leading her to fear what its capable of, to balance her MarySue-ness and display that she's some sort of aberration when it comes to the Force.

-Why was there a Resistance when the Empire fell over 30 years prior?

Addressing those two things alone would bump it up from a C- to a B+ for me.

Actually you'd have to be underage to think shitting on the prequels is an achievement

Also it's only true to star wars as a rehash, there is no trace of artistic integrity or knowledge of effective story telling

Played it too safe, Rey was too good at everything, not enough downtime for real character building and interaction. But ultimately I still found it to be an enjoyable space adventure movie, which is generally how I like my Star Wars stuff.

i don't think the problem with Ray it's the power she has. Mos of all is that everyone need to constantly say that "she's soo special and unique"
you know, i get it...when Finn try to help Ray and she beat that 5 guys by herself i say "ok, that's cool, she is a badass". The problem is that she lacks personality and we need constantly to be remembered that she's "special" wasting a lot of scenes to pat her head instead of make her likeable or have a solid connection with the other characters.

THAT, makes her a mary sue to me

What went wrong was George. The motherfucker was so full of his own shit he deserved to be knocked down a peg or three when he sold it to Walt.

To answer your resistance question, think of this period of Star Wars as the cold war.

Republic is America
Third Order is Russia
Resistance are Afghanny insurgents that get weapons and money from America, but America doesn't openly align with them.

Now, did the movie explain this?
Not all at.

Pretty much.

Hi Mike

>prequel shills on the same side as The Mary Sue and all other Buzzfeed-tier shitter blogs
>Eternally BTFO enough to make multiple threads scrambling for damage control

How can they EVER recover

>Resistance are Afghanny insurgents
*Afghani. They're a bunch of "insurgents" with Leia, decorated hero of the war, in command? Also why would they need insurgents when they're the fucking government that rules everything. The New Republic isn't the USA, it's more like the U.N. If the members vote on it they can send in blue helmets (what should be the New Republic Military) to deal with local issues like the New Order. The real explanation is that the fucking lazy hacks who made this movie just copypasta'd the Rebellion from the previous movies into this one without much thought.

>this much autistic analysis into a fucking comedy review

Well you've sure shown me.

>Now, did the movie explain this?
>Not all at.

That's the most baffling part of the movie to me

I was expecting the usual problem of the movie being made for the lowest common denominator general audience where everything is excessively dumbed down and spoon fed. Instead nothing is explained. If normies ask you a question about the movie, you are just as lost as they are.

But now that I've thought about it for 10 more seconds, everything can be summed up and explained by assuming the movie started filming with a rough draft script. It looks like they're telling a story of idea bubbles on a white board instead of a cohesive narrative.

JJ they threw the michael arndt script out and started over late in the game. I really hope we see the original script one day. I want to know if the movie would have been good or even worse.

you stormfags getting btfo by your guy is hilarious

>tfw Mike is ded and I need to fill in for him

Why are you yelling at that guy you dumb polack? It's not like it's his theory. The Force Awakens visual guide or whatever it's called, which is considered canon, basically literally says this. The New Republic disarmed, and therefore they couldn't officially support any military force that was created to keep the remnants of the Empire in line. So they unofficially sanctioned the Resistance for Leia to operate, but it has to be kept small.

I want to say worse. I think JJ had a bad taste in his mouth from the shit script for INTO DARKNESS and saw similarities with the Arndt so script. I think what we got, although not as polished as it should have been, was way better than what Arndt wrote.

>The Force Awakens visual guide or whatever it's called, which is considered canon, basically literally says this. The New Republic disarmed, and therefore they couldn't officially support any military force that was created to keep the remnants of the Empire in line.

That's the dumbest thing I've read all week. Republic faggot had it coming.

I'm the user who made the Afghan comparison and thank you.

I wish we would have seen a Cold War scenario between the Republic and the Third Order where they both have super weapons, but the Third Order actually uses theirs.

The visual guide to my recent bowel movement explains the disarmament process in great detail I suggest you take a look

Why are the same people who love Luke's ability to go from farmboy to ace-pilot, the same people who hate that Rey could beat up an injured Kylo-Ren?

Star Wars is about ordinary characters who use the force to extraordinary ends, Rey had fine character developement.

Also, Poe is top 3 Star Wars characters, Finn was great. Really my only issue with the film was the Maz section seemed really slow and out of place.

I'm confused, why would arndt's script be anything like into darkness?

Arndt wasn't one of JJ's collaborative writers if that's what you assumed.

I wish Maz would have just been Lando. Would have explained how he came across the lightsaber.

Eh, that would have been too egregious. Rey discovering the Millennium Falcon was a fun moment, but too many callbacks would have ruined the film

it was a cold corporate product. beautiful, but made without a soul.

When was Luke an ace pilot?

No, I just mean maybe Arndt had a lot of fan service in his ep7 script and JJ had already seen how fan service played out in INTO DARKNESS. This is all speculation.

But why wouldn't Han still keep in touch with Lando?

>Why are the same people who love Luke's ability to go from farmboy to ace-pilot, the same people who hate that Rey could beat up an injured Kylo-Ren?

Well, luke going from farm boy to ace pilot was the result of editing, not bad writing. They wrote and filmed an establishment that he was a good pilot, but if they left it in the movie it would have ruined the pacing and no oscar for editing would have been won.

Until we know more about TFA, people assume rey's leaps in power level are lazy writing. Also she did a lot more than beat up injured kylo ren. You're understating the gap.

Because the British wooden plank has no charm.

>But why wouldn't Han still keep in touch with Lando?
Because Lando is a darkie.

When he participated in a giant space-battle, holding his own against Imperial pilots despite never having flown an X-Wing. Also when he made the impossible shot on the Death Star that every other pilot failed.

When he rescued a princess and suddenly leveled up from backwater farm kid to the best and only space fighter pilot who got the impossible kill shot using space magic

But he gets along with Finn just fine.

It doesn't matter what they wrote before editing, it matter what was in the final film.

Luke hops into a spacship he's never flown before, pulls of an impossible trick shot on the death star, and saves the day. The only other time we see him pilot a vehicle is his landcruiser.

Rey on the other hand, is established as a very good hand to hand fighter, she's lived as a scavenger her whole life and fought off the droid-snatchers in the market. It makes perfect sense that she can beat up the guy who's just been shot and already fought Finn.

>Also she did a lot more than beat up injured kylo ren.

Such as?

True actually. I wonder if we'll get Lando in Episode VIII?

Well on to more speculation, the only fact I know about the arndt script is the OT cast took a back seat and JJ thought they were underused or wasted, maybe to the point of being cameos.

To me, the new cast driving the movie makes more sense. I mean you have to pull that off anyway for the audience to give a shit about those characters, especially in the second and third movie. Instead we have a movie where 2 forgetable characters get chaperoned by han solo.

But of course that's terrifying because the entire success of the movie is staked on how good you casted the leads, and the movie might have been worse without harrison ford carrying it. But to me, the movie went to shit when han solo entered the story. It was doing just fine without old people.

its a cheap rehash

Disney made a Star Wars movie. What the fuck did you expect?

Anikin was a slave he wasn't going to buy one dumb ass

Its not hypocrisy to love Luke and criticize Rey because bulleye-ing womp rats in old ghetto tattoine vehicles is really the same challenge as going into the enemy trenches in a galactic space battle against the best enemy tech around and seasoned war veterans. Those womp rats are pretty much mini tie fighters with rabies. Also remember to stay on target...stay on fucking target!

Honestly, because Cred Forums is sexist. Not even meming, there's just a pretty strong undercurrent that if a character isn't a white male, then it's SJW's invading our movies, and they're characters are automatically shit.

>It doesn't matter what they wrote before editing, it matter what was in the final film.

Well you asked why people have a double standard. That's why. So it does matter.

If you mean it doesn't matter in terms of being a flaw, I agree. An explanation being removed in editing is just as damaging was one that was never written.

>Such as?
She's a good mechanic and pilot, read kylo's mind, and mind controlled the storm trooper. Beating kylo was the least offensive of them all really.

>It was almost as bad as him being an unthreatening teenage manlet.
That doesn't make him a bad character.

To be fair he wasn't really dog fighting, he just had to fly down a trench while everyone else got shot to keep him covered. At most an argument could be made that successfully aiming the missiles down the trench might've been tough but it was basically the culmination of his short training, at least he had a space wizard get him started instead of just becoming a total master of everything out of nowhere.

The story should have just been Finn leaving the Empire and just have him turn into Kyle Katarn.

Actually, just make Jedi Outcast: The Movie. Done.

I can't tell if Lucas is insane or not.

You read the rough draft for Episode I and his thoughts on where the series could and should have gone and he comes across as very eloquent.

But then you watch behind the scene segments from the movies and he's like a clueless monkey.

Contrarian opinion here

How about a trilogy where no one becomes a jedi and there's no fucking lightsaber battles? That was luke's path, you can do other shit in this universe. But really I'm just sick of fucking space wizards.

A dead space wizard except for like 5 minutes of fucking around with a lightsaber on the the ship, which is basically the same thing since its just the force guiding his hand at the end, which is really the whole underlying theme of TFA. Its more like the force using Rey as a meat puppet with her freaked out and scared at what is happening to her.

It makes him a poor villain because he's hard to take seriously. Having a whiny teenager didn't work in the prequels and it doesn't work here, especially when he's taking off his ski mask constantly. Compare that to the moment of Vader's final unmasking--you know, actually having build-up and meaning to things instead of revealing his face and on/off scary voice as often as Dark Helmet.

My issue with Rey is that she nearly singlehandedly solves every problem she faces on her own, with little injury. I don't mind that she beats Kylo, exactly, but it feels completely unearned. We don't see her exploit his injury, or use a risky combat technique hinted at earlier in the film when it established she's a competent fighter. She just casually remembers that she has the Force, and then utterly dominates him.

Luke's big Death Star moment is the culmination of the entire film and involves Han Solo's arc coming to fruition as well. It's a satisfying moment for multiple reasons. Kylo Ren being undermined isn't even completely satisfied since he's such a fucked up and pathetic guy compared to the cold, resolute terror of Darth Vader. It just feels like it's there to have Rey win at something again. The fight itself has a great sense of physicality and danger, but its thematic and emotional content is severely lacking for me.

read this in plinkett's voice and got a laff

your are objectively a faggot.

You can argue TFA was better than the prequels but it doesnt come close to 5. hell, it's not even as good as 4.
revenge of the sith started out with humor aimed at 6 year olds for 10 minutes. my 10 year old cousin thought it was stupid.

It is a poor intro for a movie that has a grim plot like revenge of the sith.
It sets the wrong tone for the movie.
One minute there are lame jokes hardly fit for nickelodeon the next anakin is "killing younglings"

seriously what were they thinking? Whenever i rewatch it i skip past the first 10 minutes. I cringed while watching it in the theaters but it is arguably the best of the prequels.

it's a horribly written rehash. it's as bad as the prequels

>A dead space wizard except for like 5 minutes of fucking around with a lightsaber on the the ship
We don't know exactly how long they were training on the ship, Luke looked exasperated so he'd been at it for awhile. We can bicker about autistic details like this but at least there was some set-up as opposed to nothing, and his use of the force was literally guiding two fast-moving objects into a hole going straight down, it wasn't like he was busting out crazy force moves and mind tricks early on. That was properly done by the more experienced guy.

The point of his character and the removal of the helmet is to show that under all the Vader-esque posturing is a broken, insecure man. I don't think the film utilized Kylo Ren as well as it maybe could have, but there's nothing wrong with him serving as the antagonist. Villains don't all have to be imposing in the way Vader is.

Vader's mask removal was for the audience to see his restored humanity. Kylo's mask removal shows the audience his humanity hasn't really left yet.

200 from the legend source

> objectively the best Star Wars movie

you are a fucking idiot

>destroying Coruscant
>not many new ships
>not many new aliens
>no new environments
>blue lightspeed tunnels
>orange yoda
>new death star and it's 20 times bigger and just as easy to destroy
>han solo's kid is a sith
>lightsaber fight looks like a boring improvised lightsaber fight among kids
>trying in any way to be realistic
>targeted at adults instead of the traditional 10 year old boy audience
>steering away from the cartoon style that was always present in the series
>steering away from the 50s style which was always present in the series

>a broken, insecure man
Ok it's a given that villains are going to be broken in some way, but when they're insecure teenagers and there's no mystery to them then why even give them a scary voice maskface in the first place? That's when it becomes a joke. He's literally the worst kind of cosplayer, in a movie. "I'm a loser who desperately wants to be like Vader" is some shit I'd expect from a chibi cartoon where all the characters are kids emulating their grown-up counterparts or something.

and thats objectively

>Villains don't all have to be imposing in the way Vader is.

Any rule is breakable under certain conditions. It's above my pay grade to solve what those conditions are, but the villains blow in the movie.

kylo is basically an anti-antagonist, where he's a subversion of the qualities of an antagonist. This can be a great idea in the right place, but the one thing I want to point out is he's not really in a bonified villain role in the movie, despite doing villain things.

Hux and chrome trooper lady are minor villains, and like all minor characters in TFA, shouldn't be in the movie without something to do. You don't need to introduce characters to use them later in the trilogy.

That leaves snoke, but he's basically a CGI grey alien emperor 2.0 that's not as interesting as kylo and is just there to be the trilogy big bad.

Meanwhile star wars had two veteran actors double teaming the villain roles. No one in TFA holds a candle to james earl jones and peter cushing, and it shows.

>>destroying Coruscant
as a take that to the prequels
>>not many new ships
30 years in the Star wars universe brief
>>not many new aliens
we got a few
>>han solo's kid is a sith
Dark-side Adept
>>lightsaber fight looks like a boring improvised lightsaber fight among kids
Nobody. And I mean Nobody but Luke knows how to fight using the Lightsaber. Perhaps Kylo even if it is just a little

>TFW I want Kreia to be Canon

>then why even give them a scary voice maskface in the first place?
Because the fact he's trying so hard to emulate Darth Vader is the lens through which we find out about his crippling, dangerous insecurities. That's the whole point. He's struggling with his role in his family's very lofty legacy (his parents are war heroes, his uncle is the heir to the entire Jedi Order,
and his grandfather was Anakin Skywalker). Then some creepy old maimed guy whispers in his ear that Kylo is special too and can be the hardcore badass Vader ultimately failed to be (in their eyes), and there you have it. It's exactly what someone with Kylo's inferiority complex wants to hear.
He's absolutely the central antagonist and he does villainous things. He just happens to be conflicted about himself. That's not a bad thing, or necessarily a good thing, just different. I do think VIII will define just how good of a character Kylo Ren really is, but on the whole he was one of the few things I liked in TFA.

All the contradiction stuff would have been a million times better if he just never took off the mask. The conflict and slight changes in tone would have come off as much more subtle and he would have kept some of the air of a threat even as we see it erode through his actions.

>crappy world building
>lack of familiar worlds and aliens
>lack of sufficiently interesting new worlds and aliens to make up for the lack of familiar ones
>lack of new and imaginative ship designs

>He's absolutely the central antagonist and he does villainous things. He just happens to be conflicted about himself. That's not a bad thing, or necessarily a good thing, just different.

Trying not to split hairs. I'm saying he doesn't strike the iron like a traditional villain does, but he is occupying the same space a traditional villain would be in. I think he's the right thing in the wrong place, a failed experiment. An anti-antagonist doesn't seem to work as well as an anti-hero.

Kylo could be who he is if say, snoke was actually an interesting villain who drives the villain role.

It also just feels unbalanced, especially with how things played out. The bad guys lost their superweapon, rey is stronger than kylo and is going to be trained by luke, and luke is a god. They are no underdogs. There's no tension. The deck is stacked against kylo and snoke. It felt that way during the movie too, especially before han solo died.

Yeah, that would have been awesome. Just keep him a mystery and see him crack through the mask, just a loose cannon dude who has some serious beef with Han and kills him. Then reveal him as the son in ep8. Then he can take of the mask and seem all human and stuff.

no

>The sequel Trilogy is about Kylo redemption.
Would that be a good twist

i wish they actually made a 7th movie. This just felt like a reboot of star wars. Something that bothered me is that they barely fleshed out any of the characters. We got a huge feel on the type of characters that Solo and Luke were. I wish they fleshed out Rey and Finn. Hopefully they address these concerns in the next movie.

It's horrible but it makes the prequels much better by comparison.

That's not a twist. That's what everyone is expecting. It's also more vader rehash, only telegraphed before hand, so no point even wondering what's going to happen because we already know.

Vocal fedorafag "cinemophiles" saw it and since it's not Stanly Kubrick enough for their "superior" taste they complain about it in at least 8 different threads everyday on a Filipino cartoon porn forum

Wasn't coruscant, it was Optimus Prime. But yeah, i sorta did see that as a fuck you to the prequels, just blowing up some generic city planet.

It was like JJ was jealous that the other kids' lego creations were cooler than his, so he just smashed them and ran around with his retarded legos saying they're the best. JJ was probably that annoying little fuck in grade school.

V>IV>VII>III>VI>II>I

is one point, if they were going to stick with the "scary mystery man" thing then the mask should've stayed on. The second point is even though he's been seduced by the dark side, he's still just a whiny kid who gets whooped by the main characters in a melee fight which completely annihilates any threat he might've posed. If an antagonist isn't threatening in any way, then they're no longer an antagonist by definition. He was already on shaky ground before that but after that point he's totally outclassed and irrelevant. Compare that to Vader who kills Obi-Wan and is a looming threat throughout the trilogy. An argument could be made that Vader had an "I'll get you next time, Gadget" moment at the end of ANH when he's shot out of the sky by Han, but at least that was a sneak attack and he was in a ship so we get the impression that a very big, dangerous and capable man is pissed and in a very big, dangerous, capable ship the next time we see him. The next time we see Ren it'll be like "oh look there's that scrawny emo kid who got his ass kicked by a girl".

I don't mind him taking off his mask, but I don't think the reveal should have happened during the interrogation. I like him taking off the helmet in general, though. It's a striking image.
I think revealing him as the son in TFA was best. It gives context for his conflicted personality. Without it it wouldn't have been as engaging.
>I'm saying he doesn't strike the iron like a traditional villain does, but he is occupying the same space a traditional villain would be in.
This seems mostly like dissatisfaction at a Star Wars villain not quite fitting what you wanted. I don't see any issue with his character or the role he occupies in TFA.

Of course, as the story moves forward and Kylo might see redemption, Snoke alone may not be able to carry the weight of being the villain, but that's entirely dependent on what the story does with Snoke. And it's hard to say how Kylo will develop. I think we kind of agree there. I don't think it applies to TFA, though. We haven't reached that bridge yet.

Agreed about the tension in general, but I don't think that is a fault of Kylo specifically either. I think that mostly has to do with Rey.

Nobody ever asked for it to be a masterpiece level of high art. We just never asked for something made for retards.

Postkino

>I like him taking off the helmet in general, though. It's a striking image.

It's a garbage thing to do for a villain. It was awful with Jango too. It's why you never see proper mysterious black knights take off their helmets.

It only worked for Vader because he was dying at the end of Jedi. And because he could not take it off himself.

Movies don't get made because you and all the other fat fucks here asked them to be made faggot.

Face it. You're a jaded asshole who is intimidated by minorities and women.

>Nobody ever asked for it to be a masterpiece level of high art.

Honestly why not

Hollywood can mass produce oscar bait just as easily as schlock. They didn't do that for TFA because people were going to buy tickets no matter what anyway.

I feel a lot better knowing it wasn't Coruscant.

Kylo Ren isn't supposed to be like Boba Fett or Darth Vader, though. That's not what his character is. His character is that he wishes he was Darth Vader.

Seems like you wish he was Darth Vader as much as Kylo himself does.

A guy that looks like a knockoff vader but acts like a whiny kid is far more effective at that imagery. Because then he's actually fucking trying.

I guess it's a better beginning for a trilogy than the Phantom Menace but it's too similar in the style to a Marvel capeshit.
It didn't really have any great memorable moments, and I think that's a vital thing for a Star Wars movie.

Of course they do. Popular damand u tard

>A guy that looks like a knockoff vader
He does for most of the movie. Not having his helmet for the final duels doesn't change much.

I get the argument that losing against Rey the way he did hurts his credibility as a threat in the next film. But that very well may be the intention. Who knows. VIII isn't here yet.

drugs. lots of space drugs. like midichlorians.

>Not having his helmet for the final duels doesn't change much.
It does when the guy underneath has got long curly boyband hair and the most nonthreatening nerd face imaginable. And it's not the duels, it's the whole interrogation scene, the Han scene. Almost every interaction he has with the heroes really. Even if he looked like a young Harrison Ford under there, it still would have been way more effective to keep the helmet on the whole movie.

I already said I don't think the interrogation was the best time to see his face. I think having the helmet off for Han's demise was a good narrative choice, though. For Han's character as much as anything.

I'm starting to think Adam Driver's face just triggers you.

My only personal beef, it didn't have a cool Boba Fett type character. I think it would have been neat if the First Order had some cool background bounty hunter or mercenary on their payroll, whom would have been sent after the characters and been foiled at various points. Like maybe instead of some random thugs trying to beat up Rey on Jakku, you get your bounty hunter after her. Or maybe along with the Ganja Club and the scotch guy showing up on Han's freighter, you also have your bounty hunter. Or even around Maz's cantina, you get the bounty hunter after Rey as she runs off in the woods. I think they could have stripped out Phasma as a character, expand the role a little and replace her with said bounty hunter. Hell, even make the character female, maybe even the same actress if that matters.

>tl;dr there wasn't a cool neutral antagonist, working for the First Order in this case but who could have recurred through the movies

That was the original trilogy. So this new trilogy should have been a different war in space.

>VIETNAM IN SPACE

I think people expected Phasma to fill that role, but then she did fuck all in the actual movie. Phasma being more active would have worked fine.

Han already knew who he was and said it earlier in the movie for the audience. It didn't serve any point. Just like if you had Vader take off his mask when he told Luke he was his father would have made that scene worse in Empire.

I hear that too, but I would have liked said character to not be specifically First Order, since you've got enough First Order characters already. It would have been nice imo to see another recurring antagonist, not part of the First Order. Not officially at least, working for them is fine.

>It didn't serve any point
Visuals. It helps convey Kylo's vulnerability in a way that would have been hard to replicate in the same way (given Han's interaction with him) had the helmet stayed on.
>would have made that scene worse in Empire
It would have, but that's because Vader's face reveal served a different purpose.

>hard to replicate in the same way
It would have required more subtlety, and it would have been better for it.

Holy shit this "review" is boring as fuck, what the fuck.

what the fuck am I reading

She gets captured which totally ruins her as a "Boba Fett" badass. She actually didn't need to do much, Fett didn't either aside from a few cryptic lines which is what made him a cult favorite.

>Luke hops into a spacship he's never flown before, pulls of an impossible trick shot on the death star, and saves the day. The only other time we see him pilot a vehicle is his landcruiser.

There was some justification for this when they talked about the whole assault plan and Luke tells the guy next to him that on Tatooine he shot critters that are smaller than that opening with his Skyhopper which can also be seen in the garage on Tatooine.
One could go a step further and say that maybe since both, the Skyhopper and the X Wing, are made by the same manufacturer the controls and handling may be similar but that was never mentioned in the movie.

I just wonder how Episode 8 gonna be?
Another HD Remastered version of Episode 5?
Luke trains Rey like how Yoda trains Luke?
And then it's revealed that Rey and Kylo Ren are cousins, which totally kills the Tumble fanbase with their bullshit shipping.

You know what? Star Wars isn't that great.

It's great, but not that great.

Siblings, it will turn out Kylo is Leia and Luke's bastard child

Needed more Luke.

>actually giving views to youtube, movie "critics"...

I think focusing more on how Star Wars turned to shit was spot on. He even refers to all the Disney shills we've had. Protip: People who like The Force Awakens are either millennials or Disney shills.

Stop talking about the prequels, ejsus. They sucks, plain and simple.
Padme was a lifeless boring non-character, but she was at least somehow consistent to her environnement in the way she bevahed. Seriously, both the main characters of TFA are:
>abducted child-soldier, brain-washed by a totalitarian space-nazi empire
>totally well adjusted on his own or killing the only people he's always known, quipmaster taking nothing seriously

>scavenger on a dead planet, day-to-day worker that survive only on scraps in an ultracompetitive environnement
>naive goody two shoes, can fight with a laser sword and control the force because she was trained as a 4 year old

I mean what the fuck.

>OT
>worked because Lucas was at his prime but more importantly surrounded by competent people that added a lot to the films; inspired in Kurosawa's movies, classic sci-fi, etc.; ends with a lazy installment that didn't really deliver after Empire Strikes Back but still very enjoyable; has one of the most renowned and recognizable OST of all time; the best film of the series is the one that took a bigger risk

>PT
>flopped because Lucas wrote a first draft and did not corrected or enhanced it, and was surrounded by yes-men; CGI quickly got stale; there are some good ideas underlying but the execution is a fucking mess; also, there are bad ideas as well; a lot of awkward fan service that added nothing

>TFA
>succeeded because we live in a nostalgia fueled era and it appealed to lowest common denominator; takes only the worth of the OT; only exists because Disney knows capeshit won't be profitable forever and they cannot reboot/remake their own movies at the same time; uninspired, unoriginal, boring, feels like a bootleg Episode IV, lacks of grit, blatant plot holes and Deus Ex Machina; even John Williams' score feels lazier compared to the other six movies'

I fucking hate TFA.

the only good thing that came out of the SW franchise (not counting the OT) was KOTOR and JK games
there won't be anything good about SW anymore
i'd love to be proved wrong
time to let Star Wars go

Jesus its like you don't even know how to star wars.

>jedi experience fatigue

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter." - Yoda
youtube.com/watch?v=XMdR9iAflKo

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?" - Yoda

youtube.com/watch?v=XcG71T5Fs6M

Punishment: go re-watch esb 10 times.

Pretty much, there was absolutely no reason for a Plinkett review of TFA.

It seems like they did it only to appease fans and because they knew it was the laziest possible Plinkett review they could have pushed out rather than doing something that would have actually required effort and thought, like the Matrix Sequels or Hobbit trilogy.

JJ wanted it to be, but the Mouse clamped down on him because they knew how retarded it was.

It's basically Star Wars IV 2.

Star Wars is weak as fuck, kid shit that adults obsess over. It may as well be capeshit.

The infantilization of adult consumed media is a sure sign of societal decay.

>Implying that's all that's good that come of it
Someone needs enlightenment
youtube.com/watch?v=6DD45wBDLNs

Yeah this is a RLM thread now.
I agree the review wasn't "as good", but what did you expect? It was a good movie, not much to talk about. The basic logic of the movies work, unlike in the prequels.

Mike voices the most important complaints and fears about this and the following movies though.
Which is, it's basically IV. I loved it, but it's still true. They got the movie making right, characters right, but damn. If they continue making the story this way, going the Star Trek route, we'll have second "soft reboot/remakes" of V and VI coming soon.

That's all he had to say about the movie, but it's a pretty big possible problem.

the only thing that sucks more than force awakens is the force awakens plinkett review

>It was a good movie
No, it's not. It looks good and that's it.

Good talk

Not him, but it's difficult to have good talk, when everytime someone lists out the movie's plotholes and problems instead of just giving one liners about Finn's race or Daisy's sexlife, the post goes completely and utterly ignored, only for then in the next thread people to keep insisting it has no outstanding flaws.

>>Finn turning into a pointless quip machine instead of exploring psychology of a storm trooper

This. They had the opportunity do make him an interesting character but he just became a background quip machine.

There are a couple dozen posts in this thread about the problems of the movie.

>single mother
Probably why he turned out so messed up desu

So it fits perfectly into the Star Wars franchise

The movie's not perfect, I could list actual problem with it, but barely any of the complaints here qualify to be even called "points". So far in this thread, we have shit like:

>Finn's too quippy why, didn't he turn out like I imagined him in my headcannon from the trailer bawww
>Rey's a mary sue who blows up the fucking Death Star in the first movie oh wait
>Not enough world building or it's shitty
Agree/disagree. Rey's slice of life opening, getting to know the First Order, stuff like that is great. But I think everyone agrees the Han Solo monster/gangster ship part was at best "eh". Same goes for cantina 2.0.
>It's not good they're just fooling you
Yeah okay sure mate
>I don't like Kylo Ren
He's Anakin done right, he's not the basic stoic Sith bullshit they could've come up in five minutes.
>It's different

Like really, these are the points.

made me lost interest in films

haven't seen another movie since december last year when i watched star wars 7

it's fucking cancer man i tell you with tears in my eyes right now JJ ruined everything in my life

>can't recognize a slightly edited old pasta

If there was any need for confirmation that the people who talk about SW here are from plebbit, this is it.
Go back you autistic fucks.

Doing the exact same story only shittier and with le diversity

At no point did he mention anything about Rey being a Mary Sue.

Is it because he doesn't agree with that notion or doesn't think it's important enough to mention?

List two

>Finn's too quippy why, didn't he turn out like I imagined him in my headcannon from the trailer bawww
Putting a "bawww" at the end of a point doesn't make it go away. He's too quippy because it doesn't make sense for him to be that way considering his life and background, nor does it make sense for Rey. Poe Dameron could have been the comic relief much like Han was, but he was criminally underused and as a consequence doesn't have a lot of personnality.

>Rey's a mary sue
Care to explain why that's not the case? She has 2 low points in the movie, at the begining where she's living a hellish life (no consequence on her personnality whatsoever so it could have been cut for what it's worth), and getting captured by the first order (which she escapes 10 minutes later all by herself). She has no flaws, and all her hardship are brushed aside by the storytelling. The only thing left she can do is either die or go dark.

>who blows up the fucking Death Star in the first movie oh wait
She doesn't, Poe did. And yes, some people are unhappy that they just rehashed the same plot. Again.

>Not enough world building or it's shitty
It's not that there's not enough, there's nearly 0 of it and what is left is nonsensical. So we have a remnant of a the empire able to carve out a fucking planet? What is the Republic is doing? If there's a fonctionning Republic that is now the sovereign of the galaxy, why is there a rebellion? What are they rebelling against?

>It's not good they're just fooling you
Well, if you're actually feeling things watching JJ Abrams I don't know what to tell you.

They brought back Luke, Leia and Han, but I think they fucked that up too. Not much they can do about Fisher's acting, but they shouldn't get Ford to be in heavy action part, just like in Indiana Jones he looks like a lost grampa. He's 80 and still doing the smuggler cowboy, that was pretty bad. Hamill looks great, but I agree with Plinkett on what he said about him running away.

He doesn't want us to know that he browses Cred Forums

>Is it because he doesn't agree with that notion or doesn't think it's important enough to mention?
Most definitely the latter. He wrote Rey off as the new Luke and didn't mention much more about her character. He wanted to focus on the missed opportunities because that's what he felt was the most critical.

He had to dedicate 45minutes to talk about the events preceding to TFA. Look at all the events that happened since his RotS review:

Disney fucking bought Star Wars
JJ is appointed to film the first sequel-- like Mike suggested
Disney will make a Star Wars movie every year
TFA comes out
The internet reaction to it and the retrospective on the prequels
Marvel is making 2-4 movies a year and have future plans that span for at least a decade
The SJW and diversity scene takes off

One who watches the Plinkett reviews would probably desire to know Mike's opinions on these, honestly unprecedented, events. Mike and Jay never really had a discussion about it.

Just fucking think what's going through Mike's head for points 1-4.

It was so mediocre that even the Plinkett review turned out to be mediocre.

>All these (you)s over an adapted Harry Potter pasta.

Well played, user.

I love the people here that don't see the HP copy pasta

Aspie

dude, where's stephen king and jk rowling bit? Aren't you like a 72 year old professor of literature or some such shit?

He looked old, but he looked like himself, same with Luke.

Leia looks like a totally different person. All women really do age like milk and there are male outliers like Harrison who do well.

>He looked old, but he looked like himself
I thought this too, but had a change of mind after rewatching the original trilogy. He's way too fucking goofy, and too old for action. He does look more than 70 bumbling around in those ruins.
It's just less noticeable than in Indiana Jones because the character is a bit more ruthless and cold than Solo, but I don't want more Harrison in my movies, let the man go.

Well he's dead so we have to let go

Damage was done already.
They better not make Luke fly around like Yoda in the next one.

He took off the mask during the interrogation because his relationship with Rey will be his most important relationship in the series, considering she's the main character and he's the main villain. He's willing to show her what's under that mask when he hates doing it any other time. They're establishing a connection between them by contrasting that scene with the Poe interrogation scene.

There was no reason for him to keep the mask on, or for subtlety. You're supposed to know full out what's really beneath that mask, not discover it subtly or later on in the trilogy. Kylo was meant to go rock bottom in TFA in every way, so he did. We saw the worst of him and he did the worst thing he could possibly do. No other villainous act could ever top it, for him or the audience. He could blow up half the galaxy and it wouldn't compare. So the thing to wonder is why. What does that mean for his character arc and his future interactions with Rey? Clearly he's not set up to be a badass antagonist so what is he set up to be? I think a lot of the anger is at a fundamental misunderstanding of what this character is meant for in this series.

To be honest, I'm starting to think he might be Rey's love interest.

>he takes off the mask
>whole theatre bust out laughing
Was that the effect they were looking for?

Well, in order for the SJW theme to work, there has to be some perceived oppression. This explains, but doesn't justify, the weird "we're the Republic but also the Resistance!" thing.

I actually think Rey's mary-sue status was by design. There's no way Abrams didn't realize her characterization was a little ridiculous- he just didn't care. He's not trying to make an overly realistic or artistic film (the prequels attempted to explore intergalactic politics and it wasn't received well), he just needs something that will sell, and will sell toys. For that to work, he needs to appeal to kids, who need a concrete good guy (or girl) to root for and concrete villain to root against (even if Kylo's kinda grey).

Also, can we assume that next film will see the First Order 'striking back?' And at the end of the 9th film, during a duel against Rey, Kylo-Ren makes the decision to kill Plagueis and sacrifice himself cuz muh redemption arc?