In all seriousness, is it even possible for a woman to like this movie? I've never met a woman who actually likes it...

In all seriousness, is it even possible for a woman to like this movie? I've never met a woman who actually likes it. I think they need a movie to have at least one female in it to enjoy it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RuxHLzwlDY4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, it's literally impossible to enjoy this movie while being a woman. They're both mutually exclusive. A woman can have a penis nowadays, but she cannot understand Lawrence Of Arabia.

>I've never met a woman who actually likes it

So your mom and Aunt Sarah aren't fans?

But it was edited by a womyn

Well shit this is true.

can't you just watch a movie about fighting Turkroaches without thinking about your dumb gender wars?

youtube.com/watch?v=RuxHLzwlDY4

RIP Hashemites and any hope of a secular non-Saudi Middle East

my mom likes it

Probably the best movie ever made.

The movie only has like 5-10% filler...

That's amazing.

those robes arabs always wear look so damn comfy

how do they hide their boners tho

nothing arousing in the desert

unless you like sand

They put burkas in their women

is this from episode VII?

yes

they even resurrected Alec Guinness to play a small part as Obi Wan

>Although 227 minutes long, this film has no women in speaking roles. It is reportedly the longest film not to have any dialogue spoken by a woman.

I like it a lot, actually. And I have large breasts and am attracted to NEETs.

I've never met a woman.

Yes.

I've never met a woman who ever specifically mentioned having seen it

Even my mother doesn't want to see movies made before 90s

Dump that whore ASAP

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

Have you read TE Lawrence?

He is quite open about how Arabs fuck each other in the desert.

It's mine and my mother's favorite film.

Please keep the screenshots coming

Favorite of the entire nearly 4 hrs

>I think they need a movie to have at least one female in it to enjoy it
There is exactly one female in this movie

Have any of you seen it at a theater?

I saw the new 4K restoration (even more impressive because it was downsampled from 8K) at the Hollywood Cinerama Dome a few months back. Never saw it before. Blew my fucking mind seeing a movie of this scope on that massive curved screen. You become completely engrossed in the sheer vastness of the desert, and the music overwhelms you so you stop thinking about anything but the movie. Since then I've come to enjoy lots of other Epics, but I still can't find one that matches LoA in Cinerama. I just can't. I don't think any movie experience will ever top that afternoon.

If you ever get the chance to see this at a theater, DO IT.

BASED Peter O'Toole

whom?

My wife liked it, but she would never have considered watching it if I didn't suggest it.

Maybe it's the length of the film. I have never met a woman who has liked Ben-Hur as well.

>tfw been to Aqaba/Eilat
its covered with fairground rides now

OOOOooooOOOOoooOOOOOOOOOoooooo!!

Sometimes I can't tell if this Cred Forums meme is just a meme or an actual serious discussion.

a few of us have seen the true face of women and got fucked over by them. If I weren't straight I would never require one.

i went to see the 70 mm print at the seattle cinerama a few weeks ago and this asian girl sat next to me by herself and seemed really into it. she left sometime after intermission because i'm extremely creepy but she seemed to be really enjoying it up until then.

>4 hours long
>tons of long boring scenes where nothing happens
>all the battle sequences are shit
>all the Arabs speak perfect English for some reason
>historical inaccuracies out the wazoo

fuck this gay movie

m'lady.

Most people wouldn't consider watching a film that old without any significant push.

>the true face of women
no such thing, cuckboi

>all the Arabs speak perfect English for some reason
they were aided by the British and Prince Faisal grew up in Istanbul, ofcourse they would speak English

Best refutation of women not being able to get this film.
The editing is far too masterful to have been done in ignorance of what it was accomplishing.
The west arrived at secularism after the death's of 10s of millions in multiple wars. It's absolutely retarded that people have forgotten just what sort of upheaval is required to transition. The dream of snapping your figures and arriving at a secular Islamic world when they haven't so much as had a Reformation type event is a pipe dream.

>even more impressive because it was downsampled from 8K
35mm can be scanned at over 6k at still be resolving new detail (rather than noise). Typically studios scan at well over 4k but then downsampled to 4k during the final digital mastering.

It's not surprising at all that a 70mm film could be mastered at 8k. I'm sure it's beautiful.

i loved it, but my boyfriend didn't care much about it

My mom likes it. I know everyone swears that their mom is special but mine actually is. She actually sided with Brock Turner, talks about how crazy women can be and would prefer having a male boss over a female one

My gf loves it.

Cleopatra w/ E Taylor is same tier. Haven't found anything else close.

Patton, Dr Zhivago, and the Alexander movie w/ A Jolie (which everyone inexplicably dislikes) all second tier but good.

Macarthar is neutral....neither good or bad.

Ben Hur sucks assm C Hes is creepy as fuck in it and grates on me. Total weakling. Spartacus directed by Kubrick also total shit.

>english imperialism over arab lands
>"OMG HOW CAN THEY SPEAK ENGLISH"

great movie, i love this movie, except for the part where he gets raped

This one is sick.

>It's a war movie.

Women won't get it.

>It involves comradery.

Women won't get it.

>It involves about fighting for something greater than yourself and are willing to die for.

Women won't get it.

Women are amazing BEHIND the scenes.

That Head chick and her 6 or 8 Oscars for her costume designs.

They also make amazing editors because they're heartless ice-queens.

They're simply cut anything that doesn't further the plot and they answer to the director/producer.

Literally both my parents' favorite movie along with forrest gump.

Dr zhivago is one of the greatest epics ever made and he acted much better in it than in lawrence

The blu-ray of this is literally bliss. Second best looking film ever made.

What's number one?

Sound of Music

does this actually make it the best film that has ever existed?

>In all seriousness, is it even possible for a woman to like you? I've never met a woman who actually likes you. I think they need a man to have been with at least one female to enjoy his company.

So was New Hope and Empire Strikes Back

Does 2001: A Space Odyssey have any women in it?

Yes

Will this movie still be kino when all the plebs jump on it for Battlefield 1's release?

Women can barely sit through a fucking hour long tv episode without checking facebook or asking what's going on.

Of course they're not going to understand.

they'll only meme the shit out of it like they did with Amadeus. Those memes always die off and the patricians claim back the film

It's interesting to think about how different this movie would be if it were made today. Its depiction of prejudice is very well done. Lawrence basically calls Sherif Ali a savage:
>So long as the Arabs fight tribe against tribe, so long will they be a little people, a silly people - greedy, barbarous, and cruel, as you are.
And even though this comes back to bite him in the ass later, Lawrence's point is never really refuted; rather, he begins to accept the Arabs for the way they are, instead of trying to fundamentally change them, though he still attempts to unite them.

If this movie was made today, Lawrence might make the same comment, but then in a later scene they would show us Sherif displaying western virtuous values that would leave Lawrence looking like a buffoon. Which would ironically be more insensitive when you think about it, because instead of having a character reconcile himself with the Arab culture, they would just take an Arab and make him display our own western values.

I'm not even goign to read the other replies.

But I'm a feminist woman and I love this film.

I'm really hoping I'm wrong on the replies.

But is there a kino with an all woman cast that you as a man love?

For me all I can think of is mean girls and it has some male characters

This.

It cuts to the heart of the white man's burden, of the naive attempt and pathological need to civilize all corners of the world, and to bring peace between all tribes that inhabit it.

Needless to say, Lawrence's ideals are his folly, and they set the stage for his own demise. It's almost prophetic for the European people as a whole.

No doubt, the film says things about human nature that are unfashionable in this day and age. There's no wonder women respond to this film like oil responds to water.

Yeah, tons of women like it, just like tons of women enjoy Stalker, Barry Lyndon, The Third Man, etc etc etc...

Your problem isn't that women don't like your favourite movies, it's that you are surrounded by plebs. Also, you're probably retarded, but that's neither here nor there.

I'm female and it's my favourite movie. Can't think of many people enjoying it thougj

I am a woman and went to watch it alone in the local hipster cinema. I think it's great, I didn't find the lack of women a problem. However I did find "the white saves the day" agenda dull and Alec Guinness playing an Arabian prince was kinda racist imo

the white guy I mean

>However I did find "the white saves the day" agenda dull
You realize the message was how Britain and France completely dicked over the Hashemites right?
>and Alec Guinness playing an Arabian prince was kinda racist imo
Pic related.

>imply the t*rks arent better than barbarian arab tribes

name one movie with a cast that's entirely women that you like

i'll wait here patiently

Leave it to a woman to see racism where there is none to be found.

I bet you voted for Bernie.

all good movie editors are women. look up your favorite movies, 70% chance it was edited by a woman

>However I did find "the white saves the day" agenda dull
You didn't get it. Lawrence wasn't supposed to save the day, nor he did it. He took it as a personal mission to help the Arab tribes overcome their differences and unite themselves against the turks.
He was able to do it only because he wasn't an arab himself, and so wasn't part of their cultural rivalries, and he had the guts and wit to do it.
Then the brits and french used his merits and achievements to assure their own interests.
So "the white man" isn't a super hero here, as often portrayed in older movies, but a flawed character, who gave himself to a task only he could do, and later found out he had been used by other white men to their own interest.

I've looked up "all female cast movies" and they're all chick flicks and comedies.
Not only that, they all have male secondary characters, around whom a romantic plot is revolved.

>However I did find "the white saves the day" agenda

>getting mad at reality because it doesn conform to your cookie cutter white guilt liberal world view

>missing the point of the movie anyway

Lawrence of Arabia confirmed for Master and Commander tier

I really like it, historical and war subjects usually make very interesting films.
I also like how it shows the last gasp of a world when you could just fuck off and become an adventurer or explorer.
I know the OP is baiting but I like to weigh in that there are SOME females who enjoy films such as this.

the arab women make that weird ullalalalalalalalala sound when the men leave for battle, though I suppose that does not count as dialogue.

Picnic at hanging rock.

>Be Alec Guinness
>Be in awesome films like Bridge of the River Kwai, Lawrence of Arabia and Dr Zhivago
>be remember by plebs for nothing more than Obi Wan Kenobi

>I also like how it shows the last gasp of a world when you could just fuck off and become an adventurer or explorer.

Is it true? I can't go do that even if I study history and foreign languages and can handle a gun? Is the dream of having a jolly grand dangerous adventure dead?

Thousands of anime.

>yfw WWI was real

>Is the dream of having a jolly grand dangerous adventure dead?

watch this. Its a doc about an autistic NEET who becomes Big Boss. He literally runs a PMC now called Sons of Liberty that is currently training Assyrian christian militias to fight ISIS

We'll always have Mars

What if pic related had done it?

Ataturk was based
too bad it's erdogan that's in power now

Bull fucking shit. WWII was meant to be like a matiné serial you walk in in the middle of. That's why the villain was so cartoony.

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

my grandma likes it

Lawrence really was a fucking white messiah. He transcended his own cultural bias for a people's greater good, and was able to unite them by using his otherness. Had he been completely successful the middle east would be a completely different place and the twin towers would still exist.

Lawrence gained his power through transcending identity and fixating on true purpose instead. You should do the same.

Thanks for the chuckle

I made that thread last week and half of the replies were shitposts, but to be fair one user had it correct that Lean not making a film for 20 years didn't help and he probably needed the money.

just mentally classify all women with children, its much easier on your sanity

>tfw Queen of the Desert was fucking awful and I was expecting it to be Lawrence of Arabia 2

My mum likes it

Woman here, I love it.

And he was a good friend

>Spartacus directed by Kubrick also total shit
Take that back faggot. Also, The Ten Commandments is a great epic

London?

The little daughter in the beginning that Haywood Floyd speaks to over the video chat while on the orbiting space station.

Trips confirm. I'm also a woman who loves this movie, but my favorite Peter O'Toole flick is My Favorite Year

this is why the original trilogy was superior

Two of the Russian scientists are women as well

>gay movie
This is the only part that is correct

Saw it at the Seattle Cinerama in glorious 70mm some years back. Fucking fantastic.

Mad jelly that you got to see it at the Cinerama Dome, though.

Not the other guy but I'm gonna watch tonight thanks user

There were some women in it.

Damn
At least spell last names correctly you pleb.

>Omar Sharif

>Nothing arousing in the desert
>'Ride' a camel for days

is your mother 16?

That explains why he acts effeminate. His little voice for a man of his stature. That's why that Turk general wanted a piece of that skinny blond ass.

there's a reason he's so dramatically sad when his cute slice of arab boipucci dies

Indeed.
O'Toole would be a good blue-eyed trap for sure.

T.E. Lawrence, badass, operator as fuck, brilliant guerrilla strategist, gay as fuck, racist as fuck and STILL MY HERO