The Witch

This movie was pretty good. But what the fuck happened to the twins?

Probably killed for a blood ritual.

Remember that one witch who murdered the infant and used its blood to empower her flight ritual at the start.

What do you think allowed the seven others to join in at the end?

death

The fire was probably another sacrifice.

>the goat is the killer

you know, as stupid as that sounds, it actually worked for me here

the witch feeding off the goats was the most uncomfortable thing though, jesus fuck

I'm pretty sure you can see their dead bodies in the window in the morning.

Movie needed more satan, 3/10

Nah, the mystery was better.

The mystery was good but the payoff sucked hard. I was waiting to be really scared of something.

The V VITCH?

You are the reason most modern horror movies suck.

Uncomfortable movie, not bad but not great. Costumes and acting like a period piece was damn good but.

You missed the point

You are the reason we get boring movies like these

Thank you, that means a lot to me.

No I got the point. I got that they really didn't know where they were going with it so they had the daughter become a whore witch at the end.

scared of a fucking movie. kill yourself faggot

You were born in the 90's right?

I remember the dad being surprisingly mellow, I went in thinking puritan father, he's gonna be a complete ass to the girl, and his family.

But jesus he was a pretty nice guy.

Write out the whole name of the movie from OPs picture?

Then tell me why things happened the way they did

that coward won't come back to the thread now that he's been called out.

nope

he was ineffectual though, as aliengirl pointed out. couldn't hunt, couldn't farm, couldn't protect his family. all he could do was chop wood and cry

needed more of the "witch"

I have to Marathon Bible Black again thanks to this show.

If anything I liked it as a period piece but not as a horror. The family had a nice dynamic, but the end where she joins them was predictable from before even starting the movie and seeing the witch herself took me out of it.

I liked the creepy things the witch did like sneak into the enclosure and feed on the animal in front of them as well as how it tricked the mother and had a crow feed on her. I'd say if they could've done more things like that and made the witch a scarier design (or just not revealed her face at all) it could've been a great horror.

How does Bible Black have anything to do with The Witch?

this fuggen woman mang

Watched it the other day. Not bad overall. They nailed the atmosphere and the setting. Acting was good. Everything looked perfect. I just wish they got to all the bizarre stuff sooner. The breakdown of the family made up most of the movie and i got a bit bored with it. I'm not saying the pacing was bad, it's just i personally was hoping to see more supernatural stuff. I really thought her conversations with Phil were gonna make up more of the movie and that the movie in whole was going to focus on her gradual transformation into an evil little witch girl. But instead it seemed to happen instantaneously and incedentally, the moment ect,ect happened. Also dat ass at the end.

olde english

i mean he dropped that calvinist shit on his son when they went hunting. he was too tired doing actual work to be a hard ass i think

can u read

thats not old english

old english is basically unintelligible

as is middle english

>inb4 another fucking thread full of faggots crying that having real witches in a witch movie is stupid
>and another group of fucking stupid faggots arguing over whether they were even real despite the director's multiple fucking confirmations and explanations.
You seriously all need to die.
This is literally the best and purest witch movie ever made.

i like to think the two dead goats at the end are the twins. you dont really get to see any other goats besides the satan and the one the witch was drinking from. more symbolic of their actual deaths.

You implied that a movie has frightened you before

What are some movies similar to this (witches, the occult, maybe puritan era [or not], the woods, etc) but better?

there are none, you're probably looking for something worse without knowing it

no it's not lol middle english was like chaucer
1600s was early modern english but still modern

not him, but that's not what he said

In some ways yeah, but in other ways not really. The mom was already mad at the daughter for thinking she did something to the baby or being a Witch, and he made things worse by lying and saying she stole her silver cup to cover his ass

>But better
There is no better witch movie.
This is it. This is an oil painting of ancient witch/satan orgy baby fucking brought to life.
Lords of Salem i thought was going to do what this did. As creepy as that was, this was pure witch horror. Not even Haxan is that unsettling.
Every other witch movie with very few exceptions use the typical witch stereotypes, they're modern halloween movies.
This is the purest witch movie that's been made.
No fucking bullshit to hide the truth. The only thing he missed was showing the twins being sacrificed.

The Witch was based on various folklore tales, try looking into that? I haven't seen a lot of Witch horror movies

>being so ignorant of your own culture that you don't get the twins were the way Satan made his way into their home
Not being able to pray is a staple of New World witch trials.

The chopping wood is metaphor for prayer. He spent all that time too prideful to even accept that it was his pride damning him to failure, so his unheard prayers were as mundane and useless as chopping wood.

>No fucking bullshit to hide the truth
>the truth

u dum

the village

goddam

I'd live deliciously with her if you know what I mean