/who/ - Doctor Who General

Dr. Who edition

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2HP2P28mNAE
youtube.com/watch?v=NRHdAYaWn64
youtube.com/watch?v=r7fm0EIeyM4
twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/782874548978982912
eruditorumpress.com/blog/the-eruditorum-press-doctor-who-poll-results-the-bad-stuff/
twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/782890684080615424
youtu.be/BJogSirFuOA
bigfinish.com/releases/v/the-final-phase-692
bigfinish.com/releases/v/the-dalek-contract-691
bigfinish.com/releases/v/energy-of-the-daleks-657
instagram.com/p/BK-VPQ9hTjW/
twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/783010047597117440
twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/783011417159073792
bbc.co.uk/blogs/aboutthebbc/entries/5fa5d449-0c02-4839-846e-c4a999dbaba6
discordapp.com/channels/221809357321535490
discordapp.com/channels/196309529850281984
youtube.com/watch?v=T7fgaEVO9Fw
twitter.com/ShearmanRobert/status/783269744803713024
youtube.com/watch?v=l6ssxOHaCXI
youtube.com/watch?v=kuJ9MneGxQs
youtube.com/watch?v=EpbmMhNe6aA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

well of course clocks and mirrors alone wouldn't lead to time-travel. It misses the secret ingredient, static electricity.

you don''t think 40 is old within the context of Cred Forums?

It means he was only in his 20s when the site started

no it doesn't, and so what if it did?

>no it doesn't
Uh, Cred Forums is 13 years old. 40 - 13 = 27.

It was, started when I was 25ish I reckon. I got here a few years after that, mostly following args and spookiness on /x/. Besides I have a neurological condition/developmental disability, my maturity level is honestly much lower than it should be.

I read in the last thread the anthology is going to be rather large. It's almost 'respectable'. I mean I have the utmost respect for it and it's contributors don't get me wrong. I think it's quite a feat and I'm rather proud of /who/.

fuck off with your math. now I know how Eccles felt

desu, I only bully you about your age because I'm concerned belle's trapped in an unhealthy relationship.

>fuck off with your math.
No.

>tfw four DVDs arriving in the mail tomorrow

Happy to have you here, man. I found that old picture Belle did for me a while back. Made me smile.

She's hardly trapped. She can leave at anytime. After all I'm not allowed to drive I have seizures, so it's not like I could give chase effectively. As far as us getting together in the first place I can assure you she was the aggressor. I'm pretty non-verbal with strangers and I can't hardly speak around a pretty girl. I think I said maybe a dozen words for the first couple of years before we ever "dated"
Thanks! Happy to be here! We've been meaning to take more (pics), but things have been kinda hectic. Surely we'll get around to making a fresh set of fansigns. Aside from a trip's birthday I don't think we've posted any in nearly a year.

Which ones?

Completely forgot to type. I am next level tired.

Brain of Morbius
Carnival of Monsters,
Enemy of the World,
Robots of Death.

Less than a month until the Matt Smith Years finally get here.

Have you ever found out a quite interesting fact from one of the DVD extras?
>The Mind Robber was shot by a different camera team from the one that normally did Doctor Who, instead the team that handled the higher profile dramas took it on because they thought it would be fun

What are you listening to /who/?
youtube.com/watch?v=2HP2P28mNAE

youtube.com/watch?v=NRHdAYaWn64

So is there a mega of Absent Friends out?

youtube.com/watch?v=r7fm0EIeyM4

> Nicola Bryant had never seen the Peri retcon in Trial 14 until she sat down to commentate the DVD.

twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/782874548978982912

Did Gareth watch Hell Bent?

eruditorumpress.com/blog/the-eruditorum-press-doctor-who-poll-results-the-bad-stuff/

Quality stories.

Haha what the fuck

twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/782890684080615424

>my contacts
>the people I have been stalking the past few days

>tfw no friends at uni
>the only people I talk to during pauses are you
>tfw /who/'s dead I'm dead inside too

It's okay. At least you're not doing a gap year like a pussy.

he really doesn't like Capaldi does he?

Reminder that books

youtu.be/BJogSirFuOA

>Engines of War
>Omega
>An Adventure in Space and Time
>Christmas on a Rational Planet
>Resurrection of the Daleks
>Original Sin
>The Unquiet Dead
Eruditorum posters confirmed for plebs

Reminder that audios

are costly, average at best, and churned out at 500mph just to cash in.

We're all gonna make it friend.

Watched The Dominators yesterday.

Why does it get a bad rep? I thought it was decent, a fun romp with some neat characters and direction. I laughed at the Jedi Council-like pacifists on planet Dwhatver. I liked the hammy performance of the Dominators and even thought the Quarks weren't terrible.

It's funny how the desert they made in studio for the episode looks like they just reused the desert from The Chase. Not much you can to with sand, I suppose.

It's also funny how the pronunciation of Quark changes between location filming and studio taping.

>Celestial Toymaker almost at the very bottom

everybody follow the leader!

>Briggs talking about how they literally opened a Doctor Who A-Z to try and find monsters they hadn't used before and eventually landed on Morbius

It had an entire episode dedicated to Steven and Dodo sitting on things.

why did they need to open a book for that? morbius is hardly obscure and seems like a pretty obvious option if you want to scrape the barrel for ideas

Which monsters/aliens/characters/pair-ups haven't Big Finish done yet?

> Romana meeting the Master

I doubt many people here have heard enough BF to be able to confidently say. There's so much

Beevers/Macqueen/Jacobi featuring in a season of Gallifrey would be pretty cool, but I've got the feeling that the character doesn't work well with the format.

>Louise Jameson's the one Baker companion to age the least gracefully. Sladen and Tamm are both dead, and they looked better in their last days then Jameson does.
>Face the most plastered on covers, including the sex chocolate

Another 6/Rani/Master story could be fun, with the different actors.

Have we had a 4/Daleks story yet? Or pairing 4 with a new companion?

bigfinish.com/releases/v/the-final-phase-692
bigfinish.com/releases/v/the-dalek-contract-691
bigfinish.com/releases/v/energy-of-the-daleks-657

All shit.

He's done Energy of the Daleks with Leela (not that great desu) and I think another one with Romana, not sure about new companions.

(because Nick Briggs insists on writing the Daleks for the 4th Doctor)

I have all the 4th Doctor series and I can barely recall a single one of them.

Ah, The Vengeance of Morbius.
I got into Big Finish with the Eighth Doctor Adventures, so that was the first audio that I actively hated (I didn't mind The Skull of Sobek, for some reason).

Wrath of the Iceni is pretty good, at least it was neat to have a Fourth Doctor pure historical

>neat

I found it massively underwhelming, John.

>tfw class was announced 2 years ago last week and still no trailer

Finally, a Pie Lord cosplayer with the right body shape !

>tfw talked about NEETs today in class

Phew I'm not one of them. Even though I spend my life on Cred Forums I actually study. The "hi cats" user on the other side...

Was it autism?

collin was thin on his first series

First Doctor will meet the Sontarans for the first time on an upcoming EA

Does anyone here listens to something from BF that's not DW related?

I don't even listen to BF that is DW related

That's Gareth is very right wing politically, probably reads the Telegraph and Daily Mail.

Capaldman reads the Guardian (he's often been seen carrying one), supports various humanitarian causes, and describes the BBC as 'flawed but wonderful'. Probably a bit of a lefty.

They no doubt hate each other.

What is the first episode that come to mind when thinking of each Doctor?

One = Aztecs
Two = Tomb of the Cybermen
Three = Terror of the Autons
Four = The Horror of Fang Rock
Five = Haven't seen enough
Six = Revelation of the Daleks
Seven = Survival

It's not spreading is it?

We're here for you user. The first year at uni can be tough and feel very lonely at times. Just accept that, get on with your studies and you'll be absolutely fine.

And I promise you that, by the end of your 1st year, you will have made at least a couple of life-long friends. Just be yourself, and don't pretend to be the 'cool dude, party loving animal'.

(Unless you are in fact a party loviing animal, which is absolutely fine, but in my experience few people really are).

1 - An Unearthly Child
2 - The Mind Robber
3 - I dunno they're mostly the same desu
4 - Genesis of the Daleks
5 - Enlightenment
6 - The Twin Dilemma
7 - The Happiness Patrol
8 - The TV Movie
9 - Rose
10 - Blink
11 - The Eleventh Hour (probably because I just watched it)
12 - The Husbands of River Song
Most of these have pretty obvious reasons.

Looks like. At least it's someone else's problem now.

Oh Christ. At least he's not mentioning /who/.

Thank you.

I miss Jac.

No, this is bad advice. I've been doing the "just get on with your studies thing" for two years and it hasn't magically produced lifelong friends.

I don't actually expect to have lifelong friends. Just people I can talk to that share the same studies with me. I have 2 other very close friends but they aren't in my city anymore.

Nice OT shitposting cats.

Bored, kiddo?

Sorry to hear that Wanderer.

It's (admittedly) been awhile since I was at uni, but my advice is from my own experience. I was, and still am to an extent, painfully shy.

Maybe I was lucky, but the uni where I studied had lots of hobby societies/ music interest groups/ social clubs to join. Tbh, I forced myself to attend them at first, but enjoyed in the end, and to this day meet up regularly with 3 friends from those days.

Would like to meet up with those guys more often, we consider ourselves 'bonded' in a way, but we're all married + kids now. And living hundreds of miles apart :(

Christ. What the fuck is wrong with this guy.

Frenchanon here, I don't know if this also works in your country but when I moved to study abroad I started by searching for gaming or "geek" (that word is now meaningless but you see what I mean) bars or associations, and I tried to get to know the local con scene ; there's not a lot of people close to me in class but I have made several friends with similar interest through that.
There's probably more Doctor Who fans in that kind of event or places where you live than in France.

Cats has taken a drug, the name of which begins with E.

Silly sod, he's paranoid as fuck anyway.

RIP Jac.

Minor but well liked character actress in other TV shows, making a comfy living but never a star. And desu, that's all most actors want.....eventually.

Just listened to Absent Friends.

Wow, that was pretty damn good. The best thing BF have done in years!

If you enjoy basic emotional manipulation to create 'young adult' melodrama.

They're the worst story for every doctor?

gr8 b8

Honestly how can they be this pleb? I mean I don't like Unquiet Dead (per based Miles' critiques) but everything else on that list is GOAT. They must have something wrong with them.

pic made me kek

it looks like an extensive list of shitty bait to me

1 - The Celestial Toymaker
2 - The Mind Robber
3 - The Three Doctors
4 - Logopolis
5 - Earthshock
6 - The Mark of The Rani
7 - The Curse of Fenric
8 - Take a wild guess...
9 - The Empty Child
10 - Midnight
11 - The Time of the Doctor OR The Wedding of River Song
12 - Heaven Sent

One - The Dalek Invasion of Earth
Two - Tomb of The Cybermen
Three - The Daemons
Four - The Talons of Weng Chiang
Five - The Five Doctors
Six - Revelation of The Daleks
Seven - Remembrance of The Daleks

Why couldn't Amy dress like this?

She didn't have the tits for it.

Don't worry, it goes downhill from here.

But I like the twist about evil cellphone company.

Uh? She did.

Fuck off. I'd rather nuzzle a small but perfectly formed bosom than a synthetic one.

>no dr who cos there is olympics and euro 2016 this year.

why is bbc retarded?

There's no DW this year because of the new spin off. This is the real reason. The BBC no longer care about DW fans. In fact, they're probably going to sell it to America.

The only good thing about the Zygon Invasion / Inversion. Prove me wrong.

new spinoff looks like complete shit. shit idea too. they were advertising it as "sexy". a kids show is sexy now.

Teen show - think Twilight/Hunger Games age group

And according to a GB spoiler-hound, the headteacher that appeared in the Caretaker gets skinned alive in Class. What pretentious edgy rubbish!

I don't think that even classes as a bosom m8. Just a couple of nasty bee stings.

>There's no DW this year because of the new spin off.
no.

Spinoffs are a waste of time. They have little relation to the parent show. They just stick on the Dr Who spinoff tag in the hope that Dr Who fans will watch it.

We had Doctor Who when both Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures were being made, so that's rubbish.

An outrageous lie, and you know it.
The official reason, espoused by the BBC controller herself, was that the series would air in 2017 because Steven Moffat's final episode is a "national event".
Steven has since said something towards the contrary.

>Steven Moffat's final episode is a "national event"
It's just a fucking TV show for fucks sake.

BBC America has co-financed the show for the last year, and DW is now the BBC's biggest selling show.

Also, it's completely produced by BBC Wales, NOT by an independent producer (yet).

yes the BBC spin is not the real reason. but the spin off is not it.

Why does there need to be some secret reason? Probably Moff just fucked up his scheduling with Sherlock again

why are doctor who fans always so paranoid about the BBC trying to backstab them? No other fandom does it to that extend.

it's probablys chibnalls fault for doing broadchurch s3

There's been a precedent for it in the past.

I'm blaming Peter Capaldi for being a jock wop.

a what

Enormous chip on their shoulder because the BBC actively sabotaged the show's production during the late 80s and then canceled it.

Because something is going on behind the scenes. All the people Moffat fired. The split seasons. The change of cameras to make it look cheaper. They want us to hate it. But I won't.

>The change of cameras to make it look cheaper.
wot

didn't that happen, like, 30 years ago? I think it's time to let go.

The scenes with Davros in the Witch's Familiar look cheaper and more tacky than The Eleventh Hour. It looks like a soap opera. Visually.

The BBC hates sci-fi. They actively sabotaged Doctor Who in the 80s in an attempt to ruin the show's public image and generate a reason to cancel it. They refused to make Red Dwarf because "nobody likes sci-fi". Despite being the most viewed show in BBC2 ever, they refused to fund a Red Dwarf movie and then when that fell through they refused to fund another series because they "aren't interested in sci-fi." Both times RD only managed to make it into production through backdoor connections.

A soapdodging greaseball.

Go to bed Big Finish already Matt.

>still no 11 Big Finish

and he was the only mug that could be persuaded to take the hate

CRISPS

Anyone have anymore stories for me? How about Trash Talks, or the River/Ashidlr/Me story, or that female Doctor story?

If it's not ready, that's alright, but at least let me know. Don't be afraid to tell me if it's not ready.

What kind of reception are you expecting once it's published?

Negative.

Let's defend /who/ with memes.

People in /who/ will read it. Who knows about other people?

Mockery.

>A guy demands something to be taken down because it attracts people who whine about things they don't like

I don't know what is real and what is fake anymore.

Bewilderment

Stone throwing

I stopped knowing when Chibnall was announced as the next showrunner.

Hello again Gareth

Let's not. They'll just take that as further proof.

The first reviews are in.
[I'm the eggplant]

Is Time Said It our boy?

He's calling out GB's moderation right now. He probably has a few hours left ;_;

Where is this from?

Is this how Reddit looks like?

Where is this faked conversation alleged to have taken place, 'ben'?

Posted by GirlyLetters

Someone just told me a few things about Series Ten which sound plausible but I don't know if they are true or not. Also they gave me a plausible reason why they would know this, though I don't know if it's true and can't reveal what it is.

1. A spaceship and aliens called Motobots that show their emotions on their face, I presume Frank Cottrell-Boyce's episode.

2. Charles Dickens is in an episode in which they go back in time, I presume Sarah Dollard's episode.
"They" (probably the Doctor and Bill, this is not clear) are in jumpsuits under the Thames.
Also a scene of them (again, probably the Doctor and Bill) ice skating on the Thames.

I suppose they could have done the ice skating scenes in front of a greenscreen in the studio which would explain why you can't see Peter Capaldi's feet in this photo. The background is grey, but they could have easily changed that before they shared the photo. It kind of looks like snow-covered ice, doesn't it?
instagram.com/p/BK-VPQ9hTjW/

The jumpsuits thing is a bit confusing, though. I would think you would need diving suits to go underwater. Maybe that's what the person meant.

Assuming all of this is true.

Or, alternatively, Girly Letters, you could just wait FOR THE FUCKING SERIES TO AIR and stop autistically obsessing over total trivialities like whether or not Peter Capaldi is wearing ice skates.

GET A JOB BITCH !!!

She's retired.

>Dickens again
It better be Simon Callow

No she isn't.

Yes she is.

No.

>A spaceship and aliens called Motobots that show their emotions on their face,

Remember those set pics with people all wearing different emojis? This may have some merit.

Yes.

Except she's being trolled, right?

>aliens called Motobots that show their emotions on their face
where else is one supposed to show emotions, on their butt?

No one on Earth has any info on s9 at all. An unnamed source with unnamed connection to the tv show gives some vague clues to stuff that we have already read as speculation directly to GL.

She is being hoaxed.

I have some S9 info. It has a shit finale called Hell Bent in which nothing happens.

Screenshot this.

'Charles Dickens' appears in an episode already shot that we know is not Victorian anyway.

Bullshit.

And today is Monday October 3rd.

Did you get an erection when you saw that typo?

Tell Immigrant that.

Hmm?

She will be a black woman who was erased from history even though she wrote all of Dickens' works.
She died alone, penniless and with TB while nursing her cat which was dying of cancer.

There's an episode titled Lifeline this series but they're looking into changing it because of Flatline.

No there isn't, Connor.

Just like how they changed the Angels Take Manhattan because it sounded similar to Daleks in Manhattan?

You're free to believe what you want.

The reason is that it's also a Capaldi story that's very fairly recent. There could be confusion.

>You're free to believe what you want.
I will, I will believe in the truth and not an anonymous poster on /who/ with some of the least interesting lies ever devised.

Tell that to FANNY.

What went wrong ;_; ?

>thread deleted
BTFO

MISSY CHRISTMAS FUCKING WHEN

Shocked and somewhat amazed they're not doing Missy or Daleks at Christmas as the main focus. Maybe Moff's finale?

Never

>Maybe Moff's finale
How fucking original. The man's out of ideas. Like seriously.

Moffat's finale will be a weeping angel story. That or he'll bring the nanogenes back.

>tfw 12 is tortured and killed mid-regeneration by Rassilon then the nanogenes save him

REMINDER

4 DAYS BEFORE THE TRAILER

GET HYPE

It'll be The Master's Dalek Plan, he left it open with her little comment about having a "good idea" or whatever.

Do we actually get the trailer, though, or just convention people?

No that was just a throwaway line because the Master always gets out of impossible deadly situations.

No we'll get it but they're probably getting something else because "they came to NYCC".

Not denying it. It's probably inevitable that Missy will show up in his finale.

She's in her 50s. Probably semi retired, so you are both right. Quit now.

Reminder that the Pearl Mackie companion casting was leaked on Cred Forums weeks before she was announced. Nobody had even heard of her at the time.

literally nobody cares

I know that rumours were floating around beforehand but I find it pretty unlikely that Cred Forums was the first leak source.

Cred Forums only jumped on it when she soared almost instantly to #1 on the bookies list.

That was just a The Italian Job reference. The Master's Dalek Plan is a good title if you get the reference but sounds a bit clunky if you don't

still waiting for a BF boxset called The Master's Master Plan

A Doctor Who podcast called "I Hate Doctor Who"

It's great, it's by a megafan who interviews someone who hates Doctor Who and tries to find a classic episode that they might actually like

we do have legit leaks sometimes tho

I just finished listening to Grand Theft Cosmos. It was alright.

Although, come to think of though, most of the EDAs I've listened to thus far have been just alright.

>The Master's Dalek Plan
Isn't that basically Frontier in Space?

Sound neat, I'll have to remember to give it a listen if I have time.

Doctor Who story/episode titles that would fit other episodes better?

> Terror of the Zygons would suit The Zygon Invasion

wasn't that basically Frontier in Space+Planet of the Daleks?

>Pardon my sc-fi

>The Master shows up with The Daleks in the cliffhanger to an amazing serial full of suspense
>Holy SHIT the next episode is going to be AMAZING if they can keep this up
>The next episode is set on a different planet in a different time and the big cliffhanger amounts to fucking nothing

HEY that sounds like a Moffat finale!!!

>Weeping Angel
>Judoon
>Sycorax
>New Sontaran
>Racnoss
Why are all the new monsters 10?
I can understand if maybe they don't have a license past him, i.e. any of 11+ monsters but not even any 9 monsters.

At least Moffat finales have a point. They tend to use huge events as a backdrop for smaller character pieces. Boring of the Daleks was pointless apart from the nice anti-war speech at the end.

I think the worst part is Roger Delgado literally dying inbetween filming the episodes

What does 9 feasibly have?

Dalek Emperor I guess
Slitheen
Reapers?
Max (Long Game)
Moxx of Balhoon???
Cassandra?

Most of the other monsters in the new series are garbage.

9 monsters include...................... the Slitheen who are shit, the gas mask zombies who were a one-off, some fucking slug thing in the roof of a space station and the time reapers who have been retconned

they have the license up until time of the doctor

Looking forward to Big Finish Slitheen desu. And yes, I did assume 9 had more monsters.

List of memorable 2005+ monsters, GO!

...most of 'em are shit

I'm just about to listen to that one.
The range seems pretty mediocre so far, it really is RTD who on audio.

I don't remember it ever being mentioned that he died between the episodes, and I don't ever remember hearing that Planet of the Daleks was in any way shaped by his death. It would have been the same serial with or without him.

I just googled it and Delado died a month after the transmission of PotD

>the only memorable new who monsters all came from the pen of steven moffat

apart from the ood and MAYBE the midnight thing

The Angels are only "memorable" because BBCWW, merchandising and Moff have rammed them down our fucking throats and they've had cameos shoved in and the website's gone to town on OMG LOOK THE ANGELS YOU LOVE THEM RIGHT DONT YOU YES YES YES LOVE THEM THE ANGELS WOO BEST EVER CHECK THEM OUT

They've just cashed in on Blink time and time again. The Angels are only "iconic" or memorable because they've been rammed down our throats.

Moff's other greats include, um... the Empty Child which was broken tech; the Clockwork Droids which were broken tech; the weird Prisoner Zero snake; the Whispermen; the ... Spoonheads?!...

The gas mask zombies are iconic. The clockwork droids are highly memorable. The others may be forgotten. The vashta nerada were cool but they're just shadows so

the whispermen were so pointless. You could cut them out and Name of the Doctor wouldn't have changed at all.

Iconic, but what else can you do with the gas mask zombies? They're a one trick pony. Great ones, sure, but nothing else to do with them. Same with the Clockwork Droids, to be honest.

Even the Great Intelligence was reduced to a bloke in a top hat standing around looking pissed off.

I'm also the guy who said they were a one time thing - they cannot be used again. (Tell that to Big Finish though)

Moffat already reused (a) clockwork droid for Deep Breath

Deep Breath - worst Dr Who title for a new Doctor debut ever?

I don't think 'Robot' is very hot either.

True. At least should've gone for The Giant Robot or something

'Time and the Rani' has a particularly unenthusiastic quality. Time, and the Rani. 'Time'. What's time doing? Who knows, it's just existing and so is the Rani.

better than "Rose"

Can't say I agree, but I'll agree Rose isn't all that great either.

"Strange Matter" was a much better title. Presume they changed it to advertise the Rani being in it.

twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/783010047597117440

twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/783011417159073792

gareth is a nazi confirmed

I think they're slightly better than RTD Who. At least in that Paul McGann and Sheridan Smith don't make me wish I was dead like David Tennant and Billie Piper did at times.

That's a good point.
Apparently the finale to season 2 is fucking terrible, I'm almost excited for it in a way.

bbc.co.uk/blogs/aboutthebbc/entries/5fa5d449-0c02-4839-846e-c4a999dbaba6

>As there is no new Doctor planned in the near future we don’t know if it would be a woman next time.

Moffat has lied before. He's hardly going to just announce a new Doctor in a writers room forum.

Best Faction Paradox books?

>The Book of the War
>Of the City of the Saved...
>Warlords of Utopia
>Erasing Sherlock
>A Romance in Twelve Parts
>Liberating Earth

But so far there aren't any truly bad ones desu

Hey, /who/tube! How are you?

I just hope that due to being a two part story, it isn't terrible in the same way that Skull of Sobek is. That is, not enough time given by the format to lay out a decent story.

reminder that

Pretty well, looking forward to the alleged con trailer and anthologyposting soon. How are you?

Which date are we getting the Class panel/trailer? And what timezone?

That what?

Doing good. Anthology is coming soon.

Calm down, user.

You know when you see a fanfilm and someone's credited themselves in like every single role... kek

I've read the original Short Trip. Somehow I thought that was a Fifth Doctor story.

This Friday, I think.

It sucks that the anthology has no Faction story.

It's Discord

Which Discord room?

immigrant stop being retarded

Now THIS is the /who/ i come for

Have you read Head of State?

There are Discord rooms?

Ye. Like discordapp.com/channels/221809357321535490 or discordapp.com/channels/196309529850281984

Fuck off Nate

Nah, haven't got around to any of the Obverse novels yet - I keep meaning to catch up before the Bidmead and Dale Smith ones drop. It sounds promising, though, and currently relevant with all the bizarre political stuff. Bit like Fearmonger in that way, weirdly.

It's actually scarily relevant.

Right now Obverse has this thing going with the Seven Heads of Severence that will speak to end the War, except there are inklings that there are more than 7 and a lot of the ones we think we know, don't count. But I like the idea of post-BotW warbuilding (which is something we haven't had much of). Book of the Enemy hype.

Anyway, circa Obverse, I'm pretty sure ebooks are in N8's Faction Mega if you know where to look.

I just finished listening to The Holy Terror for the first time.

Yeah, I've got copies of everything, just a question of finding time to read it.

>Seven Heads of Severence
That rings a bell, think one user posted an elaborate theory about how three of them could be Dorium, Nardole and the Face of Boe a while back. Cool concept either way, they make the Big Finish version of the War look really small-scale.

I haven't added everything, but we have currently 115 pages, and 34,000+ words, in the anthology.

Love that one.

The ood, weeping angels, maybe the scarecrows from human nature

youtube.com/watch?v=T7fgaEVO9Fw

Sasuga garesu!

I really enjoyed it as well. I love Shearman's knack for starting things off as sort of a black comedy and then slowly transitioning into horrific tragedy.

I can't help but picture one of the kids from Akira whenever I hear that voice.

This anthology is a pretty hefty document.

Never underestimate /who/'s autism

What are we going to do with the finished thing? Do we post it anywhere or just keep it to ourselves like the audio drama?

We should post it in other places. Just mention it here and there.

And you forget how many people were saying "It'll never more than a few entries."

It didn't come to mind while I was listening but I can sort of see it.

I'm proud of us.

We should be. I should be done soon.

Anyone got any more fics?

I'm already spitballing ideas for the next edition.
Might do something with Four. Or Seven. Or Two.

Nice. Four would be good, since we only have one four poem.

Really? Only one? I would have thought he'd be the more popular choice.

Maybe just put it on AO3 under collections

You are embarking on an enterprise that will end in your destruction.

You have all the clues, can you solve the challenge?

How the hell are the angels meant to work on audio anyway?

Subtle sound cues, taking advantage of the stereo to give you a sense of location, and actors that can really sell it.
The methods are there; it's pulling them off perfectly that's the hard part.

Surprisingly well

Actually they also worked decently in that one 11 novel too

OH NO DOCTOR I JUST CLOSED MY EYES FOR A SECOND AND THE ANGEL GOT CLOSER!
*violin sting*
*percussive crash*

Can't forget the Tritovores. They're as memorable as the Daleks after all

I like the idea of mooks any of which can turn into the leader and back, but not the execution.

This was really good but there needs to be more episodes

Literally every Moffat series arc.

Slitheen
ood
silurians

>2005+
>silurians

That's correct

If you mean the weird lizard ladies of 2010, okay.

Silurians nah. Haven't seen them since the 80s.

twitter.com/ShearmanRobert/status/783269744803713024
What's been taking so long? He's friends with Briggs and the rest of the BF staff, and he's been talking about writing some more Doctor Who for years. Does he have writer's block or something?

And worst-case scenario, he's lost his steam since the last audios and his new stories won't be as good?

The new Shearman is literally the Half Life 3 of audio dramas, it can never come out at this point because it's been hyped so long it would never live up to expectations

He can take as long as he likes, in my book. Because it'll be worth the wait.

speaking of Sherman, has anybody read his non-doctor-who-books that Big Finish published a couple of years ago? I was always a little bit intrigued, but not enough to actually buy them.

>Another losing love altogther when his wife gives him back his heart in a Tupperware box.
Hmm but no. I'm up to my neck in Daniel Abraham in the moment.

*no I haven't read it not it sounds shit

Is this the worst pre-season trailer?

youtube.com/watch?v=l6ssxOHaCXI

I tried the audiobook. Couldn't stand it after 15 mins. Love his Who stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=kuJ9MneGxQs

BEST TRAILER

no, this is
youtube.com/watch?v=EpbmMhNe6aA

>says literally nothing about the series
>woo look at the flashy colors and shitty green screen

Is there a tennant era trailer that doesn't include the doctor making out?

Listened to the audiobook version by Big Finish. It's pretty good, I didn't like it as much as hir DW stuff but I might be biased.
His other books are also good.
If you like his style you won't waste your time reading them.

Looked great in 3D at the cinema tho, right after Alice in Wonderland

Jeez, that was bad.

What's who with you? Gonna listen to red dawn on my way home from work. What's the opinion on this story?
Also, what do people think about the ice warriors in general? Favourite story of theirs?
I have a massive soft spot for Cold War, but I think their best story has to be the original ice warriors episodes, always one of my favourite troughton stories.

Will probably get around to listening to The Zygon that Fell to Earth tonight.

Turns out it's three.

Well, shit

What's this about? Is that a new meme?

Red Dawn is generally seen as perfectly average.

Listened to Doom Coalition 3 recently.

It was nice, even if I'm not sure how exactly the plot of it connects to the previous two seasons.

Also, once again the final story was very confusing in that it involved so many people I lost track of who is where with whom.

Looks like some members didn't get the message the other day so

RULES REMINDER

The veracity of one's information is NOT a subject to be discussed on this forum. Post and discuss the info/spoilers, but do not discuss the reliability of the person posting the info. Too much posturing and point-scoring and "I told you I was right"-type posts will lead to discipline and possible banning.

We have rules in place that are intended to mitigate the reprehensible personal aggrandisement that seems to come hand in hand with some (but not all) people who post spoilers. If ANY of you are here to score points, to make a name for yourself, to take credit for some spoiler or other, to defend or rehash your own (or someone else's, or a website's) history of credibility, and so on - PLEASE do me and Jennifer and our staff a favor and LEAVE NOW AND DO NOT RETURN TO GALLIFREY BASE.

Soon we will assist you all with this favor by showing you the "door" should we perceive such things are happening from any member.

Get this straight: We don't mind spoilers here. But the only thing important when you are posting a spoiler is the spoiler. The person posting the spoiler is NOT important.

This problem has certainly reared its ugly head too much... and henceforth, we will simply ban without further word and without any recourse on a member's part if that member violates the above section-specific rule. So please take personal responsibility for your posts and think before you post, and all will be well.

And of course, we remind you that vigilante moderation will not be tolerated.

Wow. They just took the Series 1 trailer but made it 10000x worse.

>The person posting the spoiler is NOT important.
And this is where Gallifrey Base falls down into a realm of illogical idiocy.

Even a well known hoaxer who has given fake info in the past cannot be questioned or challenged in any way.

Is there any other website of any kind where an anonymous new poster is not obliged to provide any form of proof of what they say?

I doubt it.

That's basically their problem. The thing they want to do (obsessively hunt for 'spoilers' and leaks etc.) is inherently one that invites self-aggrandisement and cults of personality, but they can't accept that.

No? I just assumed that they were talking about the series 2 finale of the EDA audios.

They also know that shitty news sites trawl through s&s for any old rubbish to publish except Steve et al think they are a famous reliable source, respected by quality journalists.
So they don't want arguments in s&s that outsiders can read.
They curbed anathema's shitposting somewhat in the hiatus and now her agents have dried up.
But most people abandoned gb long ago. Now there a very few regulars and their response to anything is wholly predictable.

New thread

>Also, what do people think about the ice warriors in general?
I always felt they were the most standard-doctor-who-aliens out there. Ice Warriors don't really have a gimmick unlike the other famous who-monsters (well, apart from their habit to get stuck in ice for long periods of time for some reason), so there's nothing to pin them down on except the fact that they're Martians. Which doesn't need to be a bad thing, because of their loose set-up you can put them into pretty much any kind of story that requires an alien, but it feels like they're lacking an identity because of that. The whole package is pretty much held together by nothing but their cool design.

Do you dare?

Dare what?

But he's right.

>Series 6
>Good